Comcast Employee Reviews

Great company
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2018
Very competitive pay, great work environment stressful job but company does a lot to deal with that. Managers are exceptional always help On floor when needed. Everything is taught in training and tons of room fo advancement.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Stressful call flow
Senior Management Disconnection
Local Sales Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2018
Our senior managers have a disconnect with their mid-managers, supervisors and frontline employees. A typical day at work would be supervising a team of ten by setting goals, developing structure, onboarding new members and coaching them on working with competitive and sometimes difficult Account Executives.

I learned that relationships between senior leaders and all those who fall beneath them needed to improve. As a result, LinkedIn with Leaders (a project team dedicated to bridge that gap) was created by myself and a colleague.

At this point in time, morale was down. Account Executives and Account Coordinators were at odds - which caused sizeable churn.

The hardest part of the job was trying to bridge that gap within the AE/AC realm as well as making senior leaders aware that they needed to do better to connect.

The best part of the job was solving problems, including processes, software implementation, recognition programs, onboarding efficiencies and interviewing new, eager candidates.
Pros
Nearly free cable, benefits
Cons
Stressful, negative culture
Really fun work environement
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2018
Immediately start the day taking calls. Everything is monitored from key strokes to what is on your screen. Nobody ever calls to say thank you. Dont go past your break times.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Micromanaged
Great place work enviroment
Union Customer Facing Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Comcast has given my life back from being a disabled veteran to working and gaining my life back. Comcast takes care of their employees and fairly compensated for our hard working.Comcast is an amazing place to work.
Comcast Sales Department
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Very good pay and commissions for those that work extremely hard and are able to develop an internal and external network of referral sources as soon as possible.

Most enjoyable part of job is big commissions , bonuses and perks for successful selling.

Most disappointing is having successful months of selling destroyed by other departments not delivering the product in the professional, timely manner promised.
Pros
Courtesy cable services
Cons
carrying quota for empty spots on sales roster
stressful place to work
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 12, 2018
high call volume from the start of the day to the end of your shift. manager/supervisors did not keep you informed on the work place. they high call volume was the hard part of the job and they only give you 5 minute per call to assist the members/
Work day
Field Liaison (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
This was a really bad place to work the manament was really bad and had not training on how to support there team . And a very unfair placed to work was a very hostel place to work
Good environment
Penetration Tester (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2018
Its a good place to work with and good environment where everyone lives with good medical and all benefits and facility to be imposed keeping a good and better evironment to work with.
life in sales
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 11, 2018
Typical day would be getting to know people in certain neighborhoods. The best way to do that is to walk around and talk. I learned a lot about sale strategies and overcoming objections. Knowing that each person is different is a great way to understanding the wants and needs of the customer. I loved the job just because of the people I was with on a team. Management always treated us like we were the backbone of the company.
Pros
money
Cons
cold walks
extremely stressful
FIELD TRAFFIC CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I worked for the company for years and with every year that passes they lose the human touch towards their employees. At this point we all feel like robots. They tack on more to your work load with every change and the rate of pay doesn't change. The benefits used to out weigh the stressful nature of this job but it's not worth it anymore.

Want to know more about Comcast?

Ask a question
Retention Warren
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 11, 2018
I made over $52,000 my last yer there after there for 3 years. The pay is okay but the bonus is what makes the job worth it. base pay starts around $14 something, but with bonus you can add $1200-$2000 on your check each month. You also get free Comcast services in home. Great benefits, but know, you will likely hate this job b/c of the ppl you talk to on the phone. But you will stay b/c of the great benefits and pay, and trips and prizes and free services.
There is a drug test(urine)/background check.
A Normal Day.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2018
It was also steady here but different because we were dealing with setting up cable. The customers were easy to help because once you find out what they want you will know where to go from there.
Looks Good Until You Work There
Customer Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 11, 2018
The benefits are awesome. The pay is ok with commission. But the management will not communicate changes to employees. Or I suppose the more honest statement is they will not do so accurately and honestly. I am beyond frustrated at being told to expect one thing and then the day before the change is supposed to happen, it is actually to something else and it is worse. This could be a policy change. It could be a change in the call flow. It could be a change to commission. It could be change from a promise sent out to the call center as an email (during the winter storm in 2017 we were told if we worked overtime the calls we take during that time would not count towards our numbers.....then after everyone did overtime we were told they would.....fun) . The morale right now is at an all time low, and the numbers are not that great because of all this. Management is in flux as 2 managers (not supervisors) have left in the last 12 months which is insane for us. I am telling you reading this, if all you care about is pay, this is job has that. But if you want to work in a healthy environment, look somewhere else.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Communication, morale, stress, upward mobility
Fun and exciting
Coordinator 3, Product Sales Support and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Comcast provides cutting edge technology, new opportunities, ongoing training. Fast paced environment. Customer focused. Works hard to resolve customer concerns
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no sick time
There are better jobs
Payment services agent (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTFebruary 11, 2018
Poor management and Nestorian runs rampant. You want to advance family members only. Customers are the worst they scream and cuss you out Comcast is not supportive. I hated all 4 years that I worked there. Too many stats to hit to get paid bonus they do this on purpose. The agents that hit monthly qouto are the ones that stay pad, and cheat.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Low pay, horrible customers, high stress, too many stats to make bonus
Installer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 11, 2018
Installation and repair of Comcast services, Internet, Cable & phone.
Had to be time efficient to be able to complete workload.
liked working with people. hardest part of the job was people changing there minds after I had already started the work on where there equipment was going based on the information from the other family member
Chill, but competitive call center
Full Time Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2018
This company is a that sets you up with cable, internet, home phone and home security systems. It is easy to start someone off with services but it can be difficult to deal with angry customers. There is no training for getting call foul names.
Okay place to work
CE 2 Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Management and co-workers are amazing and have made the job fun in an otherwise stressful situation. You're told one thing about metrics and they really mean something else and the job is both rewarding and stressful when it comes to customer service. There is room to advance though it is very difficult to do so depending on the position you want. The company has become very focused on delivering customer service though pushing sales on customers is still a high priority over doing the right things at times it seems.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
very high stress and monotonous
Billing/Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customers to stay customers and not disconnect. Also, the team building process is outstanding. The culture is enjoyable.
Pros
health center on site
Cons
changes often and nothing set in concrete
Best place ever
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 10, 2018
I loved working here was really learning a lot would recommend to anyone unfortunately we had a layoff I almost made my 10 years I was there for 8 but it was great
Pros
Mgmt.People salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K