Comcast Employee Reviews

Showing all 12,560 reviews
Awesome Company to start at
Senior Business Intelligenc / Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 26, 2018
The company has great benefits, and increase of vacation days as you gain more years there. First boss there was beyond perfect, also a great mentor.
Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2018
Comcast was a great place to work. Enjoyed the personnel and the work activities. Changes in management always made the job choices perilous, so be aware of organizational politics.
Pros
Technology leader
Cons
Internal politics
worker as contractor
AWS Developer / Production Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2018
I was working as a contractor for comcast since begining of 2017 till end of 2018. During the work, I learnt AWS and other new technologies and it helped me know more about Amazon Services.
Pros
learning potential
Cons
furlough
Sales Goals are the priority
Account Executive-Commercial Development (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 26, 2018
There's a lot of talk about customer service but not much action. The focus is on sales all day every day. Also, it's difficult to get things done internally. Often, employees are told to go to various website or "put in a ticket" but if those avenues don't help, you're out of luck getting the assistance you need. Also, management spends so much time in meetings or on calls that there is very little time to manage their teams. Not a good work environment.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
everything else
Good Entry Level Job
Inbound Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHNovember 26, 2018
Good 6 week training program, fun atmosphere. Culture is all right, people are friendly, perks are very good. Gym and Café in house. Management is inconsistent - your experience will depend heavily on who you have a as a supervisor.
Pros
Fun and Good perks
Cons
short breaks
Poor management
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2018
My time at Comcast was brief in comparison to my current position. In that short time, I met co workers from various backgrounds. Most of whom were very dedicated and hard working. Unfortunately much of this was marred by poor management who ignored phone calls from representatives forcing many of us to form lines at their desk while we had customers on hold. This hold counted negatively against the representatives in spite of it being not their fault. I also remember a particular supervisor knitting instead of helping her team. It makes me appreciate how fortunate I am to work for my current employer.
Pros
on site gym
Cons
low morale
Normal day at comcast
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 25, 2018
A typical day as csr comcast has call forcing the phones rings non stop my job to sell cable,put in repair orders,solve technical problems, answer billing questions add services or delete service put in disconnect services
Pros
Company offered bonuses
Cons
Face hurt from talking non stop
a day at comcast
Comcast Technician (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDNovember 25, 2018
a typical day is depending on what the job is...
learned a lot, still learning til this day, the way to do things changes often, so you better learn quick.
benefits
Cons
long hrs, sometimes management cannot be reached
Great workplace
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 24, 2018
Job was great when it comes to compensation. Not so great when it comes to safety. I worked there for about two months before I was robbed going door to door trying to sell comcast products.
horrible experience
outbound telesales (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 24, 2018
job was horrible experience. the commission pay out was horrible had to make at least 65 sales to make a decent check of about 2500 dollars, which is absolutely insane. when I worked at at&t making 65 sales in a month would get you a 6700 commission check not including your hourly pay. this is for telesales position. in inbound you can make money but outbound you can not and its hardly any job opportunities to move around in company. also there hourly wage is absolutely horrible. 11.15 a hours is trash compared to att where you can make 19.21 a hour
Leadership is Clueless
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 24, 2018
I should have stayed a technician and would still be there, I spent 25 years here started at age 19. I thought late in the game I wanted to get into management. I was wrong. It was the worst year of my life as a supervisor. There is definitely life outside of Comcast but I am trying to get back in as a Technician. I am a technology geek and am hands on. I miss the technology not the management.
Pros
Cheap services, take home vehicle, pay and benefits
Cons
upper management and stress
Every changing, never boring
Communications Technician III (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37228November 24, 2018
It may not be for everybody, but i will say there is never a dull moment working with comcast. All companies have ups and downs but mostly positive experiences for me.
Pros
Free Cable
Cons
Long Hours
Great starting job
Tech ops (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 23, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits and pay for people who have no degree. Raises come quickly if you're good at your job. I went from . $12.35 per hour to $23.26 per hour base pay in a year.
Pros
raises
Cons
Stressful and competitive.
Comcast is a nice place to work
RTE Billing help Desk/ Operations Management (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 23, 2018
The work place culture is diverse, and people are very nice for the most part. They offer differ incentives and they recognized employee who perform well
It’s a great company
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 23, 2018
It’s a great company but if you don’t want to do this as a career then it’s not going to be fun. They do take care of you but be prepared to work all of your days and you are able call out but come to work 100% of the time.
Terrible Management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 22, 2018
They overwork supervisors, no respect for quality of life for a person that has a family, if you complain about your superior they retaliate, HR people are works with Management against its employyee instead of with them truly unprofessional....no open door policy....horrible
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
No work life balance
workplace culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MONovember 21, 2018
Culture has was good, well rounded group of people.they kept the diversity of the company very open. Gave you the opportunity to really expand your horizon.
Competitive Pay IF you still have a job
Direct Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 21, 2018
Comcast will definitely entice you with fantastic benefits and very competitive pay for your area. The problem is they will at any given moment "re-org" any department they see fit and you now no longer have a job. Worked there for 30 years, sorry, you're no longer needed! They state the "C" in Comcast stands for change, as if that's a good thing, when it just means they will change your pay scale any time they see fit, change your work environment any time they see fit and change your job status from employed to unemployed any time they see fit!

Do you like being motivated at work with threats of you being terminated...then this is the place for you!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else that is important for a healthy work environment
Productive fun working place
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSNovember 21, 2018
Working at Comcast was an experience to remember. I loved the staff as well as my coworkers. The Supervisors made sure you had the essentials you needed to advance and they have very good benefits.
Great Company
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 21, 2018
The company offered many opportunities to work with enterprise wide IT Solutions. Originally, when I joined it was a rather small company and as they acquired more assets they allowed us to grow within the IT department and utilize technologies we normally would not have access to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

54K