Comcast Employee Reviews

Looks Good Until You Work There
Customer Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 11, 2018
The benefits are awesome. The pay is ok with commission. But the management will not communicate changes to employees. Or I suppose the more honest statement is they will not do so accurately and honestly. I am beyond frustrated at being told to expect one thing and then the day before the change is supposed to happen, it is actually to something else and it is worse. This could be a policy change. It could be a change in the call flow. It could be a change to commission. It could be change from a promise sent out to the call center as an email (during the winter storm in 2017 we were told if we worked overtime the calls we take during that time would not count towards our numbers.....then after everyone did overtime we were told they would.....fun) . The morale right now is at an all time low, and the numbers are not that great because of all this. Management is in flux as 2 managers (not supervisors) have left in the last 12 months which is insane for us. I am telling you reading this, if all you care about is pay, this is job has that. But if you want to work in a healthy environment, look somewhere else.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Communication, morale, stress, upward mobility
Fun and exciting
Coordinator 3, Product Sales Support and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Comcast provides cutting edge technology, new opportunities, ongoing training. Fast paced environment. Customer focused. Works hard to resolve customer concerns
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no sick time
There are better jobs
Payment services agent (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTFebruary 11, 2018
Poor management and Nestorian runs rampant. You want to advance family members only. Customers are the worst they scream and cuss you out Comcast is not supportive. I hated all 4 years that I worked there. Too many stats to hit to get paid bonus they do this on purpose. The agents that hit monthly qouto are the ones that stay pad, and cheat.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Low pay, horrible customers, high stress, too many stats to make bonus
Installer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 11, 2018
Installation and repair of Comcast services, Internet, Cable & phone.
Had to be time efficient to be able to complete workload.
liked working with people. hardest part of the job was people changing there minds after I had already started the work on where there equipment was going based on the information from the other family member
Chill, but competitive call center
Full Time Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2018
This company is a that sets you up with cable, internet, home phone and home security systems. It is easy to start someone off with services but it can be difficult to deal with angry customers. There is no training for getting call foul names.
Okay place to work
CE 2 Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Management and co-workers are amazing and have made the job fun in an otherwise stressful situation. You're told one thing about metrics and they really mean something else and the job is both rewarding and stressful when it comes to customer service. There is room to advance though it is very difficult to do so depending on the position you want. The company has become very focused on delivering customer service though pushing sales on customers is still a high priority over doing the right things at times it seems.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
very high stress and monotonous
Billing/Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customers to stay customers and not disconnect. Also, the team building process is outstanding. The culture is enjoyable.
Pros
health center on site
Cons
changes often and nothing set in concrete
Best place ever
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 10, 2018
I loved working here was really learning a lot would recommend to anyone unfortunately we had a layoff I almost made my 10 years I was there for 8 but it was great
Pros
Mgmt.People salary
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2018
Comcast is good place to work. The hourly wages are too low and commission metrics are not easy to meet. Management is good but the attendance policy needs work to make it fair and reasonable.
Fun times, sometimes in the workplace!
Xfinity Sales Professional II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2018
I actually loved working for Xfinity! However, as big as the company is I feel like they should have better job security when closing a department down. The benefits are excellent and I have no complaints in that area. It's very difficult to move up in the company or even get another position internally and that shouldn't be the case.
Pros
We had plenty of catered lunches.
Cons
We had meetings 2 to 3 times a week.
great place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 9, 2018
learn how to trouble shoot equipment, install cable, must be a people person, work freedom, pretty flexible as far as personal time, plenty of room for advancement.
Poor
Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Comcast only cares about stock values leaving employees to become nothing but a decimal point. Although Comcast gave me a place to launch my career, cultivate my skills, and flourish in the business realm, the lack of care for the human inside of me instead of how much revenue I created really crippled the job environment and demotivated everyone.
changes hurt the culture
Customer Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 9, 2018
this company is not a bad place to work. it all depends on what you want to do and the type of lifestyle you want to live. Its a decent job, but now the huntsville area has you working from home so that may be a plus for some.
Pros
working from home
Cons
can pay a little bit more
Try it you might like it
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 8, 2018
Can not say too much....Try it you might like it is the best way to say it.....I enjoyed my team. Meetings in the mornings then review best practice at end of the day. Many changes.
Pros
Discount for cable
Great company to work for
STD/LOA Disability Benefits Manager/Cust Serv Rep (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Great company to work for entry level position. The pay is not conducive to agony on the phones. The benefits are awesome and would keep you with the company a little longer than expected.
Highly Competitive Environment
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2018
Very competitive environment. Constant quality call reviews. Not quite sure what the ultimate goal was since you were scored poorly on just about every reviewed call.
Pros
Nice open office space, lots of free parking
Cons
Everything else.
Very Busy
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Management requires more experience in certain roles. High turnover rate lacks in management being properly placed in the proper management role. I have learned in almost 4 years big lack in experience of knowlege transfer.
Pros
Great place to learn new technology
Cons
ComCast is not Diverse enough to allow other ethic backgrounds to grow.
Upper Management needs help
Local Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTFebruary 8, 2018
Upper Management works from top up, not top down. No training is provided. Lot of downscaling going on. Lots of a lot of good people. more work load and stress on local Account Executives and local management
Pros
selling
Cons
management upper
Collaborative Culture
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJFebruary 8, 2018
Our group works in the most competitive media market in the U.S. But instead of a very cutthroat atmosphere, everyone looked out for each other. It starts at the top of New York's leadership and filtered down through the team. A great place to work and highly discounted TV/phone/internet service if you reside in a Comcast town.
very good benefits
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 7, 2018
they offer very good benefits, they make you stay on your toes all the time, my department's supervisor wasn't very knowledgeable preventing him from training very well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K