Comcast Employee Reviews

Showing all 12,424 reviews
Very stressful
Customer Exp Specialist Retention (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 5, 2018
I was at Comcast for almost 5 years. I was excited when I first started working for the company but towards the middle of my time there too many changes were being made. Now I understand that changes has to be be made within a company but the changes that were being made were to really change the rate of the employee. The company is not considerate of the customers, their structure is not balanced, and the employees are more stressed out than anything. There are more employees that are intoxicated or under the influence when arriving then sober just to make it through the day. People were being fired for no reason, good enough. The standards are set High as for an employee, almost too high to achieve. It almost makes it impossible to reach the goal that they're asking. The so-called good employees were being treated less than. Management act like they don't know what's going on with the company and don't have any true answers as to what is really going on within the company. It's impossible to move up because there are so many excuses being made. I have a master's degree and I tried for management several times and was declined. They make you go through some career advancement program to be considered for higher positions regardless of your educational background. But if you go through this process you pretty much hang yourself on the line and be fired because the expectations are way too high. If you slip up slightly you're pretty much walking yourself out the door which is ridiculous. Within the 5 years I work there I've gotten to know a lot of employees of which the conversations  more... we held together was about how much they were unhappy with Comcast. This one lady that I know worked there was fired a few months before her retirement because her stats were not high enough. This lady put in at least 20 years at Comcast and got fired right before her retirement which is crazy. The turnover rate is super high. Do not work for this company thinking you're going to have a career, that is highly unlikely.  less
Pros
You have a job
Cons
High health insurance, too many company changes, no growth, depressing
I learned a lot working with the cable recovery team
RECOVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 5, 2018
I manage the equipment recovery warehouse for almost two years and learned a great deal of things. However, the demand was for to much. The owner wanted me to work six days a week.
Very good place to work, great atmosphere, awesome total benefits
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421November 5, 2018
review projects, possible customer affecting issues, plan daily duties for Technicians.
AC/DC Powering, PON Technologies and much more
cross training and cross departmental functioning
Pros
great people to work with and benefits
Cons
lack of compassion and understanding at the Senior Leadership level
Every day is a new day
XOC HFC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDNovember 5, 2018
At Comcast, we experience different events every day. I enjoy learning everyday on how we can improve the customer experience and restore events in a timely manner.
Pros
Working with multiple teams to improve the customer experience, both internally and externally.
very good company
Customer Solution Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 4, 2018
good training and people there but unfortunately the business as a whole has changed and is very competitive very stressful because of changes in packages
Great Benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
The work is grueling, upper management doesn't care about staff; only care about metrics being met, by any means necessary; job is threatened if metrics aren't met. They don't tolerate any excuses about metrics, including the fact that certain areas are still using wires and tools from 15-20 years ago; they don't make updates unless you're in a rich area.
Benefits
Cons
No trust; weekly threats
most all positions are entry level and pay low
Warehouse Rep (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 4, 2018
benefits are excellent although a bit pricy. Pay can certainly be better but there is little to no overtime to offset low pay. you do get a discount on cable and internet
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
Xfinity Sales Consultant (Manager) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 3, 2018
Comcast is a great place to work. The benefits are excellent along with providing the best technology and services the market has to offer. I would highly recommend them as an employer.
It was a necessary job, but there was certainly no passion behind it.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 3, 2018
I was mostly higher because I had experience and a large call center. What I was hired to do was be in the collections department basically extorting money from people who were having trouble paying their bills. That really is not my style and I’m way too nice a person to be able to do a job very well.
Pros
The camaraderie formed within your own team was pretty great.
Cons
If people weren’t on your particular team, you didn’t really get to know them.
Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 3, 2018
I truly learned a lot about billing, sales of Comcast products in the 5 years of employment. I also was part of the launch of Comcast telephone service.
A Great Work Environment
Customer Experience Agent (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 3, 2018
Comcast Business is a good place to work. It is a call-center, but it is a very collaborative environment, where we are encouraged to help each other. Management is very approachable and supportive. Benefits are good, and the company treats the employees well. The only draw-back is the low starting salary, but bonuses are offered on a quarterly basis.
Pros
Collaborative and friendly, good management.
Cons
Low pay, questionable ability to advance.
comcast
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 3, 2018
Comcast is like a family company when you come in its like you was home the people are very friendly we play game compete with other teams management push you to do better and tell you its ok if you feel that your not doing good for that day team work make the dream work ..
Communication Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTNovember 2, 2018
Comcast is an excellent company to work for with great benefits. The company offers fantastic tools to help you succeed on the job. The opportunity to grow in the company is there as well.
A better company to work for!
Lead Deployment Systems Engineer / PM (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2018
I was a contractor for them and they offer me permanent but I refused due to salary issues. Most of my friends are working here for a long time and they are happy and moved up. I will go back if I had the right opportunity as an employee.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Huge company so u can easily get lost or stay the same for years.
Alot of callin out and recieving incoming calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  wilmington DeNovember 2, 2018
Comcast is a great place to work. It wasnt really for me the envoroment was relaxed but the job itself was stressful. I would reccomend anyone to work there just be ready for customers that constantly argue with you daily
Great benefits and room for advancement
Communication Technician 4 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2018
Had great management and team culture based around help and support. great benefits and services offered to employees including discounted services and health benefits.
Flexible hours that allows me to work remotely. Scheduling my appointments based on my available schedule. Managing my time to be productive with p
Communities Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 2, 2018
Flexible hours that allows me to work remotely. The option to schedule my customer appointments or meetings based on my availability and customers availability. Managing my time to be productive with prospects. Having meetings to discuss proposal and new services. Contacting customers and following up on emails and messages within a timely manner. Presentation of new services and reviewing proposals within the community and addressing individual customer related issues as needed.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Working at Comcast
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2018
With comcast, the work you put in is what you get out of it. It's actually a good place to work. As long as you like sales. The commission is pretty good, I average around 1100 dollars for commission and thats just me, not some top performers. The only downside for me would be the inconsistent scheduling.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
I love the fact you was given the opportunity to move ahead.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Union City, GANovember 2, 2018
Even though I went through a temp agency, I love the fact that I was able to move up. It included great benefits and worked with you to balance family and work life.
Great Compa
Universal Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 2, 2018
Learn alot. Work as team. Company cares for employess. Very supportive. Fast paced environment. Education and training options. Tuition reinbusement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K