Comcast Employee Reviews

Entertaining experience
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2017
Learned lots of useful skills which will come in handy for future endeavors. Was around a few decent co-workers. The other not so much but I can't complain.
Stressful Fast Paced Environment
Communications Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
Comcast is a great company to work for because of the benefits and discounts, and paid time off, vacation days, and sick days. However, if you are a Comm Tech there it is almost impossible to progress to a higher pay grade. The company makes it really hard for the technicians and are steadily increasing terms on which a technician can progress to a higher pay grade. I would love to stay with Comcast but not as a technician. The only reason why I am leaving the company is because they currently do not have any jobs available in my degree field, if they had I would stay with this company indefinitely.
Pros
Free cable, Internet, Paid leave, Benefits
Cons
No progression as Installation Technician
most enjoyable part of the job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 11, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with on the night shift. It was really a great experience. I was able to learn so much about the company.
Overall good job
Payment services (Former Employee) –  Sandy UtDecember 11, 2017
It was a stressful jobs, would have to handle alot of upset callers.
My manger was wonderful, job pay was pretty fair if you can handle stress and getting the heavy discounted services was nice.
Stressful workplace and underpaid
Certified Communications Technician, Level (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDDecember 11, 2017
Does not pay good. No good chances to move up within company. Also, they stopped caring about their employees as people and only as numbers. Comcast could care less about the person and only the numbers.
Provisioning Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 11, 2017
Constant but controllable workload, pleasant to work with fellow employees and management. Leaves you with a feeling of Accomplishments. Would be helpful to assist with training of new products to assure customer approval ratings stay high.
Pros
Leaves you with a feeling of Accomplishments.
Cons
advancement could be a little quicker equal to present market standing
Poor Management
Leave of Absence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore CADecember 11, 2017
Managers were not capable and asked questions that they should have known. seems like they hired friends and relatives and were not subjective. High stressed working environment
Pros
Nice location
Cons
over worked no training no direction
great company with excellent teeam leaders
Comcast Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 11, 2017
I have had a very great experience since I have on-boarded with Comcast approx. 3 years ago. My team and management is extremely helpful and friendly and is always willing to go the next mile in helping to assist employees in succeeding. Only negative is that the hourly pay is pathetically low.
Pros
management positive, easy communication
Cons
no one is on the same page within the company, poor base hourly wages
a great place to start your career
Dispatcher Comm II (Former Employee) –  Millersville, PADecember 11, 2017
a typical day is fast-paced call center. Dispatched for the technicians, learned to troubleshoot phone, data, and cable with various programs. always the ability to advance in your career. I enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
free lunches, bonases
Cons
did not like the point system
Great Company
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Richland, MIDecember 11, 2017
Comcast is a great place to work at with really good benefits, the most enjoyable part of being a tech for Comcast is that everyday is different. The hardest part would be working in the winter months, but that really isn't so bad either.
Pros
free services, good pay and benefits
Cons
long days, working in inclement weather
Good place as employee - not as good for Contractors
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2017
Contractors were routinely furloughed during holidays. Good manager and workplace. Challenging projects and good recognition
Some offices were older and some were newer. SO, office could be newer or older. the Comcast Center in Philadelphia is crowded and the new office building is booked with people.
Pros
state of art technology
Cons
Contractor lurloughts
No room for advancement. Poor Management..
Account Receivable Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2017
Ive worked at Comcast for some years with every 5 years I was going for advancement now I'm in a position where I'm at a stand still. I love working with Accounting & Finance but the position I'm currently in its changing more to customer service and the jobs are being outsourced to different parts of the country.
Pros
Discounted services / Great Benefits /Friendly people to work with
Cons
Management not to good / No room for advancement /
Not a HORRIBLE place to work but....
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 10, 2017
Comcast does not have a great attendance policy. If you get up to your mark of UAPs you have a 6 month final. Which means you HAVE to be on time EVERY DAY for 6 months straight. I went on medical leave for 2 months so when I returned my final was extended 2 more months so for 8 months straight I was on time to work (which is not the problem. Someone should be on time) I was 2 weeks away from getting off my final FINALLY AND was a few minutes late due to the weather and heavy traffic and they still let me go. It's just unrealistic ESPECIALLY when you have a family. The company has some pros as far as bonuses and awards and things like that but the environment is way to stressful for the little pay you receive.
Pros
Friday pay day snacks and fiscal awards and treats
Cons
Attendance policy needs to be reconstructed
fun work place
AUTHORIZED CABLE CONTRACTOR DRIVER/TECH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2017
this is a fun work place but the pay isn't that well and is hard to move up in company. training is ok but you will learn a lot more by being out on the road. will be in heat and cold for long periods of time.
Pros
free cable
Cons
low pay
XOC HFC Technician (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 9, 2017
Working in the XOC is fantastic, we monitor the Fiver Coax network and resolve over 80% outages before they become an customer issue. we work closly with the Headend team for any major issues
competitive work environment
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 9, 2017
the work environment is competitive with high expectations on meeting your goal. Good salary and great benefits. direct sale from door to door kind of work.
Pros
Commission
Educational
Cameraman / Intern (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 9, 2017
Awesome opportunity as I was able to learn the television side of production and work with celebrities and talent. Learned how to work in a professional television studio and went from intern to paid cameraman.
Pros
learn television production and work with crew x talent
Cons
no compensation, must earn career or opportunity
great work place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2017
easy paced and fun to work there , pay is fair and can learn alot if you put the work in , the supervisors and upper management are really good at having their eployees backs
No Comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2017
I have no interest in providing my personal experience with any previous employer with a third party company. It is professionally unethical to provide my opinion and it is more important what their brand says about themselves.
great culture
Technical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 9, 2017
Comcast is a fun atmosphere and fast paced environment which lends to the communication and entertainment aspect of the industry. Great people working together to better the customer experience.
Pros
4/10 shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.