Comcast Employee Reviews

Showing all 12,577 reviews
Each day was different than then the next, fast paced work with deadlines.
Service Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 9, 2018
Comcast as an overall company is an great place to work.It's a great company to get customer service and troubleshooting experience. You just need to find the department that best your personality and skill level.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Constant changes in job description and policies
its a great job for working from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 8, 2018
I loved working for comcast, mainly because they offer work from home positions so I stayed right at my home and worked, also they pay great
they give you great training
Pros
all benefits 401-k health insurance
Cons
you dont get to pick your own hours
Loved the customers but not the company
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Gadsden ALDecember 8, 2018
This would have been a better place to work had there been better support during the learning phase. Its was hard enough trying to keep the time down on the phone but reaching out to someone on how to process an order for equipment using chat was ridiculous. But in all fairness, this was subcontracted thru a company called Arise who are all but a joke. They charge you to use the Comcast training and you dont get paid at all during the nearly 2 months of training you have to undergo before you can work for Comcast. Now that I know better, I would never do this again. When I finally did start getting paid, they did not even pay me for all the time I was on the phone and good luck trying to contact someone to talk to them about it. You wont!!!
Cons
Its all a con!!
Teleperformance
Retention (Current Employee) –  Ciudad Granja, Jal.December 8, 2018
Comcast es un buen cliente siempre te da bonos si necesita de tu apoyo, solo que yo quiero seguir adelante y buscar otras oportunidades de crecimiento
Pros
Es un trabajo muy bien pagado
Cons
hacen lo que quieren con uno sin previo aviso
not worth It
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 8, 2018
Comcast is out to run you crazy do not I repeat DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY , the systems never work to sell mobile phones. retail 360 is what they use and trust me you'll loose more sales than gain dealing with that system. they want you to drive sales, but never give you the tools to accomplish what is asked. management is just as lost as the employees. its not a place you can see yourself working more than a year,
Pros
discount on cable
Cons
everything
Great people to work with
Warehouse Rep II (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 8, 2018
Great place to work at. Each tech at my location has a locker that I can put equipment in for their service calls. Each day I fill these lockers with new equipment and take back the used equipment from the techs. I utilize the company's software programs like Oracle and EIS to process everything.
Benefits
Cons
Great pay, benefits, and people
RETENTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 8, 2018
I loved working here, was sad to leave the job when I moved. Had a great team and supervisor and would definitely recommend this place. They do their best to treat their employees right and actually listen to your ideas and suggestions.
fun workplace
Sales COE (Former Employee) –  Fife, WADecember 7, 2018
fun environment and incentives, management was great, commission was good. Work place environment was good, just with sales there was a lot of pressure to be able to sell products and meet quota.
Pros
company events, great team rapport
Cons
pressure of meeting quota for sales
Great company
Sr Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 7, 2018
Great place to work with amazing people. Reorganization process should be implemented with clarity.

Employees need a clear understanding of the corporate strategy and the plan to get there.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
Corporate changes implemented without full transparency
Busy, exciting and fun place to work
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2018
Left Comcast reluctantly because the call center was relocated from Orlando to Jacksonsville, Fl and it was too far to commute. I resigned after 10 mths of travelling. I miss working there. Excellent benefits and paid extremely well even while on vacation. Management supreme.
Pros
they help you to acheive goals with continuous training
Cons
Relocating was not an option
Great placed to work
lead technician on the rewiring/installation (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 6, 2018
Worked for 10 years an loved every minute would love to work there again if they were in the DFW area sups and upper management were top notch great work place
Pros
everything
Cons
High workload and immature environment.
Workforce Management - Realtime Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 6, 2018
Very stressfull and highworkload environment for their RTA analysts. the culture is pretty much average to any call center environemnts accept that there is little to no repricutions to breaking the law.
Good place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2018
Great place to start a door to door sales career. I liked the money if you worked hard and always did the best with yoyur time. Love the stock options
benefits
Cons
micromanagement
call center environment
Repair tech/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2018
loved this job would go back if i could , loved my sup, had great employee benifits , great bonuses , and they did alot to show appreciation in the call center
Pros
good benfits
Cons
wage started low
Pretty good place to work with amazing benefits.
Comm Cust Service / Tch Spt T1 (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 6, 2018
Comcast is a pretty ok place to work. They have amazing benefits. The only issue is listening to their employees needs. It took almost two years for them to review pay and in the end told us Comcast doesn't increase pay due to cost of living.
Great opportunities to learn
Network Service Desk Technician I (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 6, 2018
The company tends to be on the bleeding edge of technology, giving persistent opportunities new things. Benefits are great. Culture at times, tends to be challenge at times.
A good stepping stone job
Residential Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 6, 2018
I worked for Comcast as a Tech for 2 years. The training was mostly good but you really get a feel for the job by working alongside your mentor and getting out on your own networking with your team and other techs. The job used to be a great career many years back when there wasn't an automated metrics and numbers game for your raises and promotions. That coupled with older, simpler cable to install. The cable of today is much more complex than it was 20-30 years ago, there are a lot of signal issues and services to install and troubleshoot and not enough time in the world to meet the ludicrous demands of Comcast. Here is an example, every job is worth a certain amount of production points. Each point is worth 5 minutes, a trouble call is worth 16 points. So about 1hr 20 minutes to solve the customers issue before you move on to the next job. Lets say this customers home has 5 outlets and all of the cable is an older standard and must be replaced, and they wanted more than the job was laid out for you to do, you are required to make it right for them, and often times it takes forever to get the job rebuilt, and structured so you can even install what they want and replace everything. This job ends up taking you most of the day, and so other jobs on your queue end up being allocated to some other techs already heavy workload and vice versa. This is just one inconvenience a tech faces often. The worst part is these kinds of setbacks really hurt your numbers and another bad part of the metrics game is called "reworks" where if you didn't solve the customers problems or educate  more... them enough during an install another tech was called out to fix what you apparently didn't. So if Jon Doe speaks Spanish and you don't, and you fix his problem but can't understand what else he wants even if it isn't in the work order, he will call because he knows they will send someone else and even though you got the job done you get royally screwed on your numbers say goodbye raises and promotions. It's funny too because some months your numbers will be great and others your supervisor will be breathing down your neck to make things better, without any true solutions, this review does not encompass even 20% of the problems with this company, which could be a great place to work, and a company to do business with but they are very corporate greed oriented and do not value their work horses, as almost everything you do as an employee is graded by an automated system that was set up by people that never even worked as technicians. Lots of armchair quarterbacking and a dishonest atmosphere where you are pressured into accepting their flawed system or facing termination. They only pay 15 dollars an hour to start, if you want to make money for Comcast, and have little to no moral compass join their sales team and lie your behind off to people and you might make some real money, although not consistent.  less
Pros
Four tens, discount on cable, good technical stepping stone
Cons
No real career advancement
nasty customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2018
We sit at our desks waiting for call. And all we hear that our service sucks and to expensive. Management know service sucks and we got to hear it from the customers all day
Pros
breaks
Cons
everything
Lots of opportunity
Xfinity Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 5, 2018
Comcast can be a great place to work. As a company that is consistently trying to stay relevant they often make organizational changes which can be very impacting.
More change for the better needed!
Escalation Specialist Fulfilment FTC3 (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 5, 2018
I worked at the company over 20 years. I wish Comcast could go back in time to recognizing people for great service that is provided to our customers instead of recognizing people by sheer numbers! That would make a HUGE difference in customer service!
Pros
excellent company to work for! Benefits and policies and procedures!
Cons
some favoritism in certain departments!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.

54K