Comcast Employee Reviews

Great benefits.. poor job culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 17, 2017
Overworked, stressful, management only cares about numbers and sales.. they try to boost morale with free stuff like calendars, free lunch sometimes, but not flexible with time off have to bid for shifts.strict monitoring, barely go to bathroom, typical call center.
Was great while it lasted
Inside Sales Representative/Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 16, 2017
Comcast paid me very well ($80k/year) until they raised the quota for sales bonuses which was based on the top 10% off reps- the thing is, these top 10% of reps were, for the most part, flat out cheating the system to get the bonus. I even went to HR with my supervisor's supervisor, but was unfortunately unable to prove the cheating- but it was obvious- as a retention rep it's impossible to have a 100% "save rate"- people move, people die, so how can other reps have a zero customer loss on their balance sheets? I'll tell you, THEY LIE and report every customer as a "saved" customer. Very frustrating to have my pay cut from $80k to $45k based on these blatant LIES!
Pros
Fun, good atmosphere, prizes
Cons
Cheaters ruined my pay
Favoritism Gets You A Long Way
Customer Account Executive (Retention) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 16, 2017
Comcast is a face paced place of business. It's exciting with fun games spontaneously given daily. However, the Management Staff sucks. They choose their favorite employees and dread dealing with the rest. If you become chums with management you'll grown in the company and your job is secure. It's only when the Supervisors speaks openly to other supervisors on the floor in your face while walking behind you with derogative statements that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Pros
Games to win bonus money and surprises
Cons
Unprofessional and Petty Supervisors
excellent Place to work
Xfinity Sales Consultant, QC Auditor (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working as a contractor for this company and would do it again at the drop of a hat. The company welcomed me and provided training and enabled me to work with the product knowledge I needed to be successful.
Cutthroat
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
Management actually stood in front of a sale meeting and said that "if you're not lying you're not trying."
Not trying to sell my sole for a sale.........
Not a company for thinkers
Construction/Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2017
The work culture was horrible. I would not and have not recommended work here to any one. Employees I know there are trying to find other employment. If you like to be proactive and think outside the box this is not the place for that.
bad place to work
Technial Support Representative (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 16, 2017
If you want to feel secure in your job and do not expect the rules to change very often i do not suggest you work at comcast. They write you up or change the way things work based upon when and how they feel. i put many years into the company to just be basically forced out because they make it so stressful
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Hard Crack Customer service.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 16, 2017
Tough life, Comcast tech support- you get yelled at, the customers seem to always be angry; but on the bright side, your paid well, and get practically free services.
Pros
free services
Cons
angry clientel
Great Atmosphere
Network Engineer Tech 3 (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 15, 2017
Nice place, very relaxed but you have to be ready to learn more each day. Everyday is different. Management will put you on the right path to learn more. The hardest part about the job is that you never know what the next day would consist of. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I make customers smile when their services are restored. Just knowing that I can control everything at the tip of my fingers is a bit of a rush but I love it.
benefits
Cons
time off
Self motivator, ambitious, focused, and driven to succeed
Xfinity Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 15, 2017
Typical work day for me would start off by reviewing my daily calendar:customer follow ups, networking partners, and installs. Handle any customer issues, running appointments, and working assigned territories. Building rapport with current customers and going above and beyond the requirements set forth by company guidelines. I create and maintain life long relationships with my customers and because of this I am always the top sales consultant or representative in my area. I have received numerous awards and recognition for my work ethic. I love working in outside sales, not only am I fulfilling a customer's need/want, but I am getting paid for what I love to do and in this field you get paid what you are worth.
Pros
You get paif what you are worth
Cons
Micro-management
Door To Door
Xfinity Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 15, 2017
• Responsible for door-to-door sales of Xfinity lines of business including cable television, internet, landline phone, and home security to new customers.
• Responsible for contacting current customers and selling them additional lines of business.
• Responsible for meeting bi-weekly quotas
ok workplace
Comast Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2017
alot of work not enough pay driving all day crazy customers too far dispatch routes us all over the place jobs get put on you and then taken off you with no notice
Excellent work place
Commercial & Residential Technician & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2017
• Installation of Cable, Phone & Internet Services for Commercial & Residential
• Trainer in Texas & Louisiana as Needed for Workload
• Billing and Coding Using Penguin & TechNet
Pros
changing work environment daily
Cons
no pay increase
Great place To work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaDecember 15, 2017
Comcast is a great place to work I love the benefit the atmosphere was really a great atmosphere the managers were great fun to be around good to talk to my coworkers were really cool people. How will recommend to anyone to work there Comcast's The discounts of really good with Comcast and I will feel that Comcast is one of the greatest communication television companies in the world
Pros
Great benefits good discounts
Cons
Not much over time
A place where you are allowed to set your incomem and growth
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Anyone with a desire to grow and have fun helping customers this is a good place for you. If you get a chance to work for this company go for it
Good company, good people
Senior Network Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2017
Friendly, teammates, management team. It was very relaxed, as long as the job got done in a timely manner that's all that mattered. Whenever the work on the daily agenda was finished our day was done.
Great company to work for
Customer Account Specialist 3 (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 15, 2017
Overall Great company to work for and i would recommend it to my family and friends. They take pride in their employees and products for the customer.
Great team work with fun and friendly people. Good benefits and pay.
CSC Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 14, 2017
This is a good place to work due to competitive pay and great benefits. I found that there were communication problems within the company as far as we were told one thing but others seemed to be telling our customers something different. All in all it is a fast paced sometimes stressful job but the friendly team players seemed to make a big difference in my happiness.
Pros
Discounted services
Cons
Communication problems across the company
Well compensated job where you receive the amount of success you are willing to work for.
Xfinity Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 14, 2017
A typical day at Comcast is what the employee is going to make it. Attitude is the most important factor in this job because it is always changing. I was hired at a time of leadership change, so I didn't have a manager for my first three months. The manager I ended up having was still adjusting to the position as much as I was adjusting to mine. The culture of the workplace was very friendly and helpful. Everyone was intent on helping the next person succeed.
Pros
High compensation and benefits
Cons
No work/life balance. Lots of stress
Great work environment overall, but
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, IL 60047December 14, 2017
Loved working there, but one big issue is how hard it was to get the company to cover the cost of solicitor’s permits for each area you’d be selling in.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay with limitless commission, intensive training
Cons
Hard to get the company to cover soliciting permits, so you basically have to perform illegal acts every day at work, and if you get fined/arrested they won’t help you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comcast. Our community is ready to answer.