Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 1,865 reviews matching the search See all 12,297 reviews
I had a great experience while working there. I learned many skills that can help me in life and for further careers.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 25, 2019
I learned many things while working at Chick-Fil-A. I learned how to properly clean my hands and be sanitary in a food environment as well as how to properly prepare food for a customer without cross contamination. I learned many leadership skills as well to help me with further career options. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Chick-Fil-A and would recommend working there to anyone I know.
Productive and fun place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 25, 2019
A typical day is fast paced always on your feet. Serving guests and preparing food. Management is kind and always listens to our concerns. A great food service place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, Free drinks
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling
Productive and overall great place to advance your career
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 25, 2019
I absolutely loved working at Chick-fil-A. The experience was amazing, I met so many incredible people who have been an impact and inspiration in my life. I don’t think that I could have gotten the impact that I did anywhere else.
Team work and Time efficiency
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2019
At Chick-fil-A, the leaders and team members worked efficiently to serve the customers and we made sure that our customers had the correct food. As a team member at Chick-fil-A I learned good customer service like greeting the customers the moment they entered, how to take orders on the cash register, food preparation and working in drive-thru window. I love the Chick-fil-A motto "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." I feel as though every customer that enters our doors is a blessing adding on, and they get to be part of the Chick-fil-A family and us, to be a part of their lives.
Productive and very busy.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJune 24, 2019
While I was working there, everybody was very nice and since they were always so busy, there was always something to do. Being so far away from home, it was so nice to meet new people. It was a very nice first job overall, but they were also very strict about my health. Most of all, they made the time I was there, very beneficial.
Pros
Free break food
Cons
Didn't pay enough for how hard we worked
Productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2019
I learned how to properly interact with customers and provide excellent customer service. I was able to master my multitasking skills due to the fast-paced working environment. A typical day at work can be described as me working in drive-thru, restocking products, bagging food, and assisting customers to their vehicles.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Working with people who displayed foul attitudes
Good first job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJune 23, 2019
I will say that working here is alright. Your coworkers will be very nice and friendly. However, the pay is ridiculously low considering how much money the company makes in a day (in multiple tens of thousands versus an average of $10 an hour pay). Trainers only make $10 an hour. Team leaders make at least $11 an hour. If you have full time availability, you make $12 an hour at my location. It is insane that managers make less than some regular team members.

You also have to pretend to be happy even if you have clinical depression like I do. Even when guests disrespect you you are expected to be fine and act like nothing happened. Management will have little care or respect for you in these situations.

Lately, we’ve had management issues. A lot of people are leaving because of it. Honestly, most of the management is fine. Really. You will be able to tell very quickly who you can and cannot trust/respect. Certain managers have little respect or compassion for personal situations.

As long as you come into job with an open mind you will be fine. You coworkerswill make the jobs bearable.
Pros
Free entree or dessert and side with each shift, nice coworkers, optional retirement fund
Cons
No healthcare/dental, Insurance
Very Quick Paced, Competitive Environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2019
At Chick-Fil-A, I feel like I am constantly competing against my coworkers for a managers approval. They were accommodating to my mental illnesses, until the old managers left and new ones came in. Ever since then, I have had horrible anxiety going to work and even thinking about it. A typical day is always busy, and it can sometimes be hard to keep up.
Pros
Free meals before or after working or while on break
Cons
Short breaks
Can be a very fun place to work but very stressful and busy.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJune 22, 2019
I loved working at Chick-fil-A but I do not get paid enough and they were rude. I love the environment of the customers but there always seem to be drama with the employees and I didn’t wanna be around that work environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude, Not paid enough.
Productive and an overall fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 21, 2019
The tempo of the job is very fast paced, but it also makes the time go by much faster. A typical day at work includes pretty much working in about every place available. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers requesting you when you've done a good job.
Fun fast-paced place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAJune 21, 2019
On a typical day you would interact with 5-6 managers, 10-15 employees, and 100+ customers. I have learned from working here that multi-tasking becomes second nature. The people you work with are for the most part goal oriented and time management driven. The hardest part of the job is just learning all the specific details of each position and how to be best effective in that role. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, they make it easy and fun to work.
Productive and fun work place.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 20, 2019
I enjoyed this job because, i obtain new skills. I was able to meet and communicate with people everyday. I serve and greet customers as they walk through the door. I stock and make sure everything's clean. I maintain front counter and drive-thru from time to time.
Pros
Fast paced, friendly team members, and very cultured place.
Cons
very productive environment yet steady working paces
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 20, 2019
i enjoy working there but i need a more complex job with me graduating high school. i would recommend to a friend or family member to attempt and work there. very flexible hours and very respectful staff.
Pros
free #1 meals for break
Cons
only 30 minutes
Excellent place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  3450 Wrightsboro Rd Augusta, GA 30909June 20, 2019
Chick Fil A was my very first job. I feel that Chick Fil A can start an excellent foundation to get started in the work field. I was a team leader and I had an excellent time engaging with customers.
Best place ever!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 19, 2019
By far my most favorite job! The management team went above and beyond to make sure everything was run right! Very fun made a lot of friends, great atmosphere, and a very fun workplace!
Fast-pasted but friendly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 19, 2019
Everyone here is so friendly, its hard to not like working here. Cfa was definitely an uplifting job, the people that work there are worth the stress.
It was just my first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 19, 2019
It was just my first job. I was 16 and wanted money to spend on going out with my friends. People who are invested in CFA really love it and spend the rest of their careers with them, but really for most people it is just their job.
Lots of work, little downtime
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 19, 2019
A good first job, by no means a career. The workers are good and kind the managers do try, not always successfully, the company does seem to care but sometimes issues with school and work are hard. Looking for full time more than part time
Pros
Free Lunch, Sundays Off
Cons
Asked to work longer than scheduled, Scheduling issues
Fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 19, 2019
The people I had the pleasure of working with and for was most definitely the best part of my job while employed at chick-fil-a. The guest that would come in also mad my day! We had a lot of regulars and they were the sweetest most out people. I loved getting the opportunity to train new team members!
Pros
Experience of fast work paced
Cons
Drama in the work place
very fast paced t
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 18, 2019
Was good to work at but hours were not the best. Management was good, hours were very flexible with my school schedule . Sometimes we were short handed in faster parts of the day .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K