Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 1,923 reviews matching the search See all 10,295 reviews
Great Place to Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work is taking customers orders and making sure they are pleased with their service. The management there is very kind and understanding.
Good job experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2018
A typical day at work generally starts at the front register then rotates to drive thru and back. I learned great teamwork as well as working independently.
My least favorite job
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 12, 2018
This has been by far the worst job I have ever had. Poor hours, poor pay, poor management, and poor benefits. To start it off, I hate mass interviews which is what you are going to get, and if that does not show you how fast they go through employees I do not know what will. Secondly, they refused to give me more than 5 hours a week which meant I was spending more money to work there than I got from it. Lastly, I left because I could not catch a break from my supervisor singling me out, my boss never remembered my name even though I worked there for 6 months, and they wrote me up because some girl gave me her hours to work, because I needed them, and then proceeded to write me up because she got fired and did not notify me or them.
Pros
(Fluctuating food allowance)
Cons
Hella
Horrid
Team Member (Former Employee) –  TNNovember 11, 2018
This environment was horrific. Kitchen staff spit in food that is returned due to being fixed incorrectly. Management has a lack of management skills.
Discrimination
Team member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 10, 2018
When I began, I thought it was perfect. Then the managers became very gossipy and rumors of my body odor began to roam about. Then when asked (illegal questions) about my medications and "what is wrong with me", I knew I was in trouble. When I refused to tell them my personal medical information, they fired me.
A fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Florida City, FLNovember 8, 2018
Chick-fil-A can bring lots of new activities excitement and it will teach you more about management how to deal with customer and how speed you can be
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Coworkers sometimes don't get along with each other
Fun experience
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCNovember 8, 2018
This was one of me my 1st jobs. It was a nice experience it teached me to adapt to work. Also teaches me how to save money to get use to the adult life.
Poor management.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 7, 2018
Management at Chick-Fil-A was extremely poor. I did not mind the job, I enjoyed quick-paced work most of the time, it is an easy job. The management was careless and rude.
Pros
Easy job, good workers.
Cons
Bad management.
What I realize by coming into the working world
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 6, 2018
I have learned that you will have to work hard everyday and have a good attitude every time you come to work. It made a difference on how I see things today. I also realize that being nice and polite to people will get you very far in Life
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lack of people
Great values
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCNovember 6, 2018
Good pay, great management. Only issues are young supervisors and very busy. Sometimes hard to get a break due to customer traffic. Usually get a free meal during a shift.
workplace culture
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2018
The environment as the Chick-fil-A I worked at was tolerable yet not fair to regular employees. The focus was constantly on the team leaders and managers only. Not enough attention was payed to regular employees at all.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits if you are a minor
Not fair
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 5, 2018
At Chick-fil-A there was one manager in particular that treated all the male employees poorly. I would get yelled at for things I did (after she told me to) or things I didn't do (after she told me not to). I wouldn't recommend working here for that reason. I tried going to higher management than her and every time I did upper management told me they would look into, then cut my hours to zero.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Never got free lunch like I was promised, unfair treatment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
Free food for your shift ... awesome workers and staff !!! Customers were always nice even when you mess up . Great place to work. Easy to move up get promoted and raise .. a lot of growth !!
Pros
Free lunch, great pay
Cons
Fast pace during busy rushes, fun place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  N/ANovember 2, 2018
Enjoyed my coworkers, management was good never had a problem. You are expected to be overly nice which is fine but a lot of people can tell when you are genuine or just doing your job. Great job for people in school looking for extra cash.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Not enough pay
Eat more Chicken
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 2, 2018
Chick-Fil-A is a great company to work for. They have a family like bond and a fun atmosphere. I learned how to be a leader and really help others when they were in need: customers and my fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was how much work is required. Chick-Fil-A is a very popular fast food restaurant and therefore is always busy but they most enjoyable part was being busy and having a good time with my coworkers making the customers happy.
Production and well managed
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 1, 2018
It was very fun to work for such a great organization. It takes very short time to get to know everyone around you. Everyone is so kind and always has a smile on their face.
Pros
Leadership skills
Cons
Sometimes short breaks
very good place
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHNovember 1, 2018
Very good place to work it was my first job it was alot of training i really liked that part because when it was my first day i felt super ready. And overall great place
Pros
free food
Cons
Good first job, but gets frustrating after a while
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COOctober 31, 2018
I would clock on and immediately look at the position to which I was assigned for the night. Sometimes during the day I would be switched around based upon necessity. I learned hard work, and to keep a good attitude while working. Half of the managers were great, and the other half all of my co-workers and I wished they were fired. Its very fast paced, and stressful. It was difficult to be constantly talking to people for hours at a time. The best part was my co-workers. Even though there were some unpleasant people there, the rest of them were amazing.
Pros
50% off discount on all food and free lunches
Cons
Hard to get your shift covered, and you receive few working hours
very stressful
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2018
it was kinda fun to work at , didn’t really like most managers , it was an okay place to work though. especially on tuesdays . the busiest day of the week next to saturday
Exceptional service, environment unmatched.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 31, 2018
Working at Chick-Fil-A is a great experience. The management cares for it's employees. The benefits are appreciated in form of discounts, and other benefits for higher paid members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K