Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Member

Great place to work, and awesome people to work with?
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 20, 2018
I knew a couple people who worked there before I started. But once I started working I soon knew the names and faces of everyone on staff. The friendships and skills that I acquired there are going to stay with me for a long time and I'm glad that Chick-fil-A could be my first job.
Pros
Free food for every shift and a discount for food when the employee doesn't work that day.
Cons
Usually you don't get to pick who you work with, but typically everyone is pretty enjoyable.
Great place to work, all my coworkers were amazing people and enjoyable
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAJune 20, 2018
I quite enjoyed my time spent at Chick-fil-A, with it being my second job I felt more at ease than at my previous place of work. I would recommend anyone to apply as of late a great place to work.
Pros
Employee meals after shift
Fun easy going job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 20, 2018
Clock in start making orders. Switch over to start making the chicken and stocking freezers. We get rushes throughout the entire day and my job is to make sure we have enough chicken to sell during rushes.
Pros
Free lunches when workimg
Cons
Only when working do you get free lunch
It’s wierd
Team member (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 19, 2018
You don’t get payed much and don’t get a lot of hours but the staff is great. There’s not really a chance for you to move up unless the manager likes you.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough hours and low pay
great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLJune 19, 2018
Chick-fil-a is awesome. It is a great starter job and if you want to move up in rank it and gain more experience Chick-fil-a is the right place to do it.
Perfect place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed everything about Chick-fil-a and it was my favorite job working there. We were busy and it always felt like time was going by so fast there. Made it easier to work
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
No cons!
Fun work environment, fast paced, everyone’s worked well together
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXJune 18, 2018
THe management had favorites and some workers didn’t get the benefits that others did due to this favoritism. Other than that it was a nice place to work at.
Pros
50% off one time.
Cons
It wasn’t only one time and you had to be in uniform
Employees are wonderful, management lacking
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 18, 2018
Chick-Fil-A was a nice place to work. the job was fun and I met a lot of good people there. A great place to learn customer services, 2nd mile service, and other job attributes The environment is very fast paced and the expectations are high, so it could be very stressful at times. Compensation for time/performance were not great, and raises were small and few. Management was very lacking at times, and this forced others to take on more responsibility and they were not paid fairly.
Pros
People, experience, family atmosphere
Cons
Average to poor pay, stressful
fast paced job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 18, 2018
this job benifited me in my later jobs , it prepared me to work with people, in a fast paced envirment with the motivation to work with a smile on my face!
Fun Workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 18, 2018
Chick-Fil-A is a fun, easy going place to work.
I exercised customer service, working under pressure, being assertive, along with leadership skills..

Want to know more about Chick-fil-A?

Ask a question
Super amazing coworkers
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2018
I love working at Chick-Fil-A. The culture is amazing.. Honestly, some managers aren't the greatest... and the customers can be unrealistically demanding. But, overall, it's a great first job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, bad/nonexistent raises
Great Job
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJune 17, 2018
Fun & exciting, quick paced. Teamwork was amazing. Able to advancement in work place is hard work but can be achieved. Great job all around. Nothing bad to say
fast paced
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 15, 2018
It was insanely busy 24/7. The managers were great and could handle nearly any situation. It's a great job for multi-tasking and dealing well with customers even in difficult situations.
Pros
great management
Cons
overwhelming
Greeting guests, taking orders, as well as completing transactions
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 15, 2018
I became more proficient in multi-tasking taking orders on the register while at the same time making drinks and dessert beverages. The hardest part of the day was dealing with the rush that would occasionally happen. We all had a short amount of time to get the things needed to satisfy the guest as well as help other team members who were in need of help. I enjoyed coming into work seeing the people I had developed relationships with and having fun yet at the same time displaying a professional outlook.
Pros
Free meals, pleasant environment
Cons
Short breaks, stressful
Great job and atmosphere for working students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCJune 15, 2018
Overall, I loved my time at Chick Fil A. Along with having a fun, fast-paced job, I built several friendships that will last a life time. Though there were times of difficulty when dealing with unreasonable customers, the regular customers who came in for breakfast or lunch every day felt like family and made it worth the while.

I also gained extreme interpersonal skills that have helped me tremendously even after leaving the job. This alone has improved my confidence when working with the public and having to speak or present in front of a crowd.
Pros
Free meal up to $8, Christian environment, able to talk about God and the Bible on the job
Cons
Breaks cut short sometimes due to business of the restaurant, hardly got off on time due to being so busy
Chick Fil A offers customer service skills
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 15, 2018
While working at this location I learned great customer service skills and the most hardest part about it was the lines of customers waiting to be served.
Pros
Discounts, parking
Fast-paced work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 15, 2018
The culture is very fast-paced especially during rush hours. I learned about hospitality and great customer service tips. The management was okay. The best part of the job was the discount and my coworkers.
This location in particular is very prejudiced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
I previously work there. And the entire what I guess they call HR department will Target anybody that was darker complected. Which is probably why their turnover is so high. You'll definitely get hired but once you're there you will be treated differently. I promise you that, and you will feel the difference. On top of that you're talk down to. There is no food, no matter how hard you work you still got to pay to eat there. The only people who get to eat there for free is the owner, management and the owners family. No benefits. The pay is good! You'll get what you ask for, but don't expect to be treated right. Other locations seem to be fare though.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Very prejudiced location. No food comp.
Sucks working here
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 14, 2018
The managers are terrible depending on what chick gil a you decide to work at and they’re very stingy and strict about their food. they’re very cheap for a multi million dollar company.
Pros
1 free lunch of the lowest count they have
Cons
They suck
Fast pace workplace perfect for young teens.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 14, 2018
A typical day would include mopping the floors and bagging food. You must always have a smile on your face and greet every customer with a friendly greeting. You will learn respect, time management, manners, and a strong work ethic. The management is very friendly and yet stern. They set the Chick-fil-a standard high. The hardest part of the job is the constant standing and go-go-go pace. You rarely ever get a moment to rest and the breaks are very short. The most enjoyable part of the job is the exciting, youthful atmosphere, and the discounted nuggets.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
short breaks, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K