Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 1,712 reviews matching the search See all 11,340 reviews
It was fine for a first time job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 21, 2019
It honestly wasn't for me because I felt like people didn't really care about my health. It was exhausting and felt like there was a lot of unneeded pressure.
Work Day
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 21, 2019
Work day is usually slow now that we been open for 7 months. The manager are okay. The team members are okay too. Sometimes we have good days other days can be bad.
Pros
Free meal while working
Cons
Not enough hours
It was pretty good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 20, 2019
It was good, only complaint is job pay. A typical day at work for your first time is mainly running the food, but if you are advanced enough you will get to work the front cashier. Working drive through cashier was a favorite of mine
Pros
Free food on breaks
Made great friends, but it wasn't a fait place to work .
Team Member (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 20, 2019
When I first started working for CFA, I was excited and loved the environment. They give you open opportunities to advance in the company. I later learned that some of the managers base how many hours you receive or how quickly you move up on if they like you or not. NOT on how well you do your job and your initiative to move up in the company. Each employee has different areas that they work each day. My favorite is the bagging area. It's fast pace and keeps me busy. I love it. Unfortunately, I started off as a full-time employee and slowly got demoted to part-time. I have begged to have my hours back but with no prevail so I am moving on from there and finding something with more hours and a better pay rate.
Pros
Free lunch. birthday presents, Christmas presents and lifelong friendships.
Cons
Favoritism, low hours, no benefits.
Fast Pace Fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDMarch 19, 2019
It is a well known place so ofcourse that attracts a lot of customers. Working here you must be a quick thinker. At times it does become slow paced, during this time you would have to become very productive for the next rush.
Poor managment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAMarch 17, 2019
Nothing positive to say, the people i worked with were amazing, the boss was extremely rude and treated me with little to no respect. I did not feel welcome and it was a very toxic place to work, I doubt all of them are like this but this one was horrible.
Pleasant and comfortable environment with guests interest truly at heart
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 15, 2019
Working at chick fil a has been the most pleasant working experience I’ve ever had. The comfort and happiness of the guests and workers is the number one priority, and it truly shows.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Busy game days
Great place for a first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2019
I worked at Chick-Fil-A for my first job, and the training I got from the staff was great. The time I worked there was a great first job experience, and I felt at home working with other team members.
Horrible work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJMarch 15, 2019
Hmm where to start want to tell you. Your doing such a great job but when push comes to shove and they feel threatened they fire you. Only discount was half off and you had to eat it there. Under paid and over worked. Back of the house gross. Slipped all the time and was disorganized. The management couldn't handle stress would snap out on you for dumb questions and treated you like a slave and other co workers would make you do there work instead of them doing it themselves this the first time I ever gave a review for a job cause what they did was lower than low and grimmy wouldnt recommended anyone to work there. Never got handbook or orientation. So how am I suppose to know the policy if it wasn't explained to me every job is different
Cons
very fast paced enviroment with fun co workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 14, 2019
one of the best places to work, amazing first job, everybody is very nice and accepting. managers are patient during training and take their time so you can be the best
Not the best
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 13, 2019
Working here was good in the beginning. I was working with friends, I enjoyed what I was doing, and it was my first job. I was happy the owner took a chance on me. As it come to a year and a half working here, I simply couldn't stand how I was being treated anymore. I was still in school, and management knew that, however they tended to schedule me 40 hours a week and if I complained, 0 hours a week. If I was scheduled during school, it was either come into work, or be written up and possibly fired.
Pros
Fun, Friendly
Cons
Unhelpful management
Great competitive fast paced
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALMarch 12, 2019
It’s a great place to work especially if you love kids and very social. They work together as a team to give customers speedy and great service. They really take pride in their job and Chick Fil A beliefs.
Chick-fil-a is a great place to work if you fit in with the crowd.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 12, 2019
The company itself is very particular about who they hire so when you go in they decide whether they want you or not based on how they think you will fit in there. As an employee there they expect a lot from you and expect you not to slip up but don't hold any slip ups against you. Try your best and they will notice that.
Pros
Free lunch, fun co-workers, and regular customers.
Cons
Short breaks(only if you work 6 hours you get a 15minute break)
Productive and fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAMarch 12, 2019
Chickfila was a good company to work for. Everyone was very friendly and work very hard up to standard. I liked working there and recommend people apply.
management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2019
the management was pretty bad, no real opportunities to grow . There was a lot of favoritism at the particular one that I worked at. The work was not worth the pay.
Stressful fast paced environment filled with supportive coworkers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOMarch 9, 2019
Management was not the best. Hardest part of the best was trying to stay positive. Most enjoyable part was working with people of good character. Fast pace and kept busy.
Quick Pace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 8, 2019
A typical day at Chick-fil-a is very busy, especially during the lunch rush. You're expected to move at a quick pace and ensure every guest is pleased with their experience. Throughout my experience working at CFA I have learned how to handle how stress situations and how to ensure every customer receives great customer service. The best part about working at Chick-fil-a is meeting all the amazing people. We all have become so close while working here, it's almost like a little family.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Great Work Environment
Cons
Salary, Low Chances of Advancing in Company
life changing.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIMarch 7, 2019
I started off at $9.65 and was raised up to $10.50 in about 6 months. I loved the job because although some hours are fast paced, my team made sure that everyone’s station was taken care of. Especially during messy situations. Some days were harder than others depending on the number of customers we get. After 5 hours, we got a break. Or, if we worked shortee than 5 hours we could get a paid meal before or after our shift. I was only part time so I didnt have any benefits besides sick days.
Pros
A great job that teaches patience.
Cons
Customers can be petty.
It was OK
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 4, 2019
Chick-fil-A is an OK place to work for someone to get a feel for the real world and get a piece to add to the resume. It is good for high-school students and other people who are currently in school or are seeking a part time job. We get free food and beverages so that is good, but pay raises are minimal and rare and I know many who have quit due to compensation. The shifts are long and breaks are rare, due to the fact that the management schedules the wrong amount of people at separate times. Management: there are 4 managers who are usually there; you are working with one per shift. 2 of the managers are great and understanding people, while one is clueless and ignorant and the other is a perfectionist and is constantly yelling at people. Overall I would recommend for young adults who want some experience.
Pros
Free food, easy to slack off
Cons
Breaks are rare, Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 2, 2019
This was an amazing place to work. The training was appropriate for my job and was very beneficial. The culture at my location was one of encouragement and support. Management was constantly developing me as a team member and an individual. This is still a fast-food job - it is fast-paced, highly customer-service oriented, and not glamorous. It was my favorite summer job by far.
Pros
lunch stipend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K