Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 2,103 reviews matching the search See all 10,793 reviews
Chick-fil-A is a Great Place to Work!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 16, 2019
First, Chick-fil-A is a fast-paced environment where one must do his best. It especially becomes very busy during the lunch rush as one might imagine. Also, in contrast to other fast food restaurants, Chick-fil-A has a larger number of employees (at least from what I have seen).
I have learned that the customer is always right, how to obey management when it doesn't seem the most efficient thing to do, and I have learned many skills such as money skills, cleaning the lobby, and teamwork with coworkers.
There is a great culture here at Chick-fil-A! The management/employees are encouraging and friendly, and we always try to smile even though we might not be happy so that we don't someone else unhappy because of our poor attitudes.
To me, the hardest part of the job is the learning the system and just starting out.
The most enjoyable thing for me to do is what we call running, which means you bring out peoples order to them.
Pros
Free Employee Meal per shift, Direct Deposit, and Great People
Cons
Low base salary
unfair
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Middle River, MDJanuary 16, 2019
Working for Chick-fil_A I noticed people who were not working hard were being promoted, only because they were best friends with the managers. Hours were cut regularly, and the staffs health conditions did not matter to managers.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
horrible hours, horrible pay
productive and very quick
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALJanuary 15, 2019
The work is fast paced and very high tech, always looking to approve ways to get better at serving customers. very fun workers and managers to work with and will always look out for you no matter situation.
Pros
off on Sundays, discounted break food.
Cons
can be very strict at certain times
Chick-Fil-A
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed working here because it was a good first job and set me up for success. I earned the basics of working and being dependent. There were some flaws about being flexible with my schedule, but i got through them. I learned how to present a great attitude towards customers and be respectful. The management was of good quality. The hardest part of the job was the lunch rush hour when it would be non-stop orders all over the place. I pushed through until the end of my shift each day. The best part was preparing milkshakes and serving customers with a smile.
Pros
100% food while on the job
Cons
Flexibility of schedule and no discounts off the job
An alright environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 15, 2019
Very busy at times, most managers are make the job better. however there are a couple that does make the job more stressful. The team members are the ones who usually help out the new employees with any questions and explain everything throughly.Most enjoyable part of the job is the worker because they are very kind and make the job fun at times. The hardest part of the job are the big rushes and not have customers wait in line for a long time.Some of the managers are very unprofessional.
Amazing first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 15, 2019
This is the absolute best job that someone can start out with. You learn how to deal with the public in a manner that other fast food places don't teach. I learned so much, and made life-long friends through this job.
Productive, fast paced, fun environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 14, 2019
I originally started working part time at Chick-fil-A my Sophomore year in high school. Once I graduated from High school, I began working full time Monday through Friday. Working here, I have learned many different attributes that can help benefit myself in both every day life, as well as any future occupation. My entire day typically revolves around other people, the guests always come first. Working with the general public has taught me large communication skills, as well as a lot of patience, trying to understand and work with others if someone needs information or does not understand something. Working for this establishment for this long has definitely increased and expanded my knowledge on not only the workplace itself, but how to work with other employees, taking care of responsibilities that are needed to ensure the highest quality work ethic in my position, and also being able to speak and acknowledge everyday people and situations. Although it does get difficult at times, I have been able to learn how to stay calm and adjust any aspects for whatever situation that will best suit the customer. However, if ever needed, the managers have always been willing and ready to help out.
Pros
Flexibility, Communicating with others
Cons
No benefits, Short breaks
ChickFilA
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work! Very fast paced, but the coworkers and customers are always very nice. Free meals during breaks is a plus! I would definitely recommend it to a friend.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Fast Paced, Very busy
This place was very fun to work at along with my co-workers
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Chick-Fil-A was one of the best jobs I've had. It is very fast-paced but if you can keep up then it is quite simple and easy. Getting to know and hangout with your co-workers outside of Chick-Fil-A also plays an important role, making work fun and also giving you and your co-workers something to talk about while at work.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits if part-time
Great work environment, but extremely fast paced.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 14, 2019
I really loved working at Chick-fil-A in the Stillwater, OK off campus location. We went through two GM’s in my time there but both were extremely accommodating and helpful with most situations. I would recommend working at a Chick-fil-A regardless of whether or not you are a Christian (I’m not, spoilers), because the environment is full of great people. I didn’t necessarily agree with their corporate stances, but from the time when i applied to the time I had to leave they made many progressive changes that I really appreciated. I’ve heard from many of my old co-workers who transferred locations that most Chick-fil-a’s are just full of good people. In my year working at my location, I went from making $8 an hour to $9.50, with opportunities to train in management or to move from front of house to back of house. Very flexible scheduling is a big plus as well. The only reason I would ever caution someone who is considering employment at a Chick-fil-A is that it’s not a job where you will ever have more than 5 minutes (other than breaks) of slow pacedness. It is an EXTREMELY fast paced environment, regardless of your position. I did headset mainly, and eventually had it down to a science and had a better time (but I also worked there for a year). Highly recommend the Stillwater location specifically, but any location would likely be similar. It’s a great place to work, especially if you’re in school and need flexible schedules in addition to raise opportunities.
Pros
Great work environment, good management, raise opportunities
Cons
Extremely fast paced
productive
Team Member (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Chick-fil-a can be stressful...It is going through changes to management is stressed. I love the other employees we look after one another. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.
Quick paced and fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 14, 2019
Working at Chickfila has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I've learned a lot about people along with learning more about myself. I love the customers along with the coworkers. It is an amazing place to work at, very flexible around scheduling, loving and caring coworkers, positive environment.
Pros
free lunch, lovely envirment
Cons
short breaks, very busy
Great first job for experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 14, 2019
This company is not a great place to work for. You do learn a lot, but the management is very rude and they are not people you want to surround yourself with the rest of your life. There is constant turnover due to poor management.
Pros
Free break food
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Pay
Good working environment
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 13, 2019
I really enjoy working at Chic-Fil-A, everyone is so nice including management! They are very understanding and very flexible with the schedules. I would definitely recommend people to work here.
Pros
Paid breaks
Nice people
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 13, 2019
People in the organization are really nice and will really make you feel wanted, they try to work with you in anyway possible on or off the job, good place to learn about food and handling it properly. Teaches amazing customer service
God's Favorite Food Joint
Team member (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day of work was stressful. We would take orders at the cash register or clean the dining room. I learned how to operate a cash register. Managment was ok.
Pros
free food
Cons
Nosy people
Productive and enjoyable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Chick-fil-A. I made many friends and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The managers were kind and tried to teach you as much as possible. Although I did enjoy my job, I felt like they weren't that forgiving when you made a mistake and spoke about you in front of you. Overall, it was a good experience and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain experience in the workplace.
Pros
Free lunches, Fun workplace
Cons
Chick fil a can be stressful but enjoyable also
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
A normal day for me consisted of me making the schedule for my kitchen team, getting to work, looking at if there is any major orders such as orders over 25 sandwiches or nugget trays. Since I work in the kitchen you can imagine how hot s can get back there also having to deal with getting burns and cuts all over my hands and arms. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with the management and trying to keep a level head. The most enjoyable part is having great conversation with my fellow team members.
Pros
Teaches great customer service
Cons
management, pay rate
Busiest Restaurant
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
A day at Chic Fil A is pretty amazing because you interact with so many amazing individuals on a daily basis. In addition working at Chic Fil-A is awesome.
Stressful
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  25835 Northwest FwyJanuary 12, 2019
I would not recommend working at a chick-fil-a. The employees may seem nice and happy to the customers but that is only because they are paid to smile and be happy. In reality it is not the happiest place on earth, all the employees talk about each other behind their backs as well as there is a lot of drama.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K