Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 1,802 reviews matching the search See all 11,899 reviews
I don't know why I do this.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2019
Chick-fil-a has taught me a lot, but the pay isn't worth the work. Customers are rude, employees are exhausted, and over-all the experience can be fun at times but draining.
Pros
Free Break Food.
Cons
It has killed my soul
Terrible management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMay 23, 2019
The owners are never present. They do not care about your well being. No room for advancement or increase in pay. Very short breaks (illegal). Minors don’t receive breaks. No vacation pay or sick pay. Health insurance benefits are worth your entire paycheck.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Understaffed
A great first-job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 23, 2019
I loved working at Chick Fil A I loved the environment, my co-workers, and my management.
However, it can be stressful at time with it being so high-paced.
Pros
Positive Enviornment
Cons
VERY high-paced
It was okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 22, 2019
I loved working there, but the management and the owner were not exactly nice. It was awesome for the first year or so, but I do not think they understood that we were just high school kids trying out best. We had 20 minutes to clock out and eat, but if we were busy, we were not allowed to cut in line (obviously) and I had to eat my food in 3 minutes one time. It was mainly just frustrating. I did get hurt on job site though and they were extremely great about it.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fry cook for an awesome team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTMay 22, 2019
Scheduling was very flexible and they made sure to work around any tasks you already have planned. I would arrive and head for the kitchen. The management was very personable and made coming in to work enjoyable. The job itself was very simple and left little room for error. The hardest part of the job was how mundane the tasks at hand would be while the best part was the free food and relaxed environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Beware of burns
Very very great workplace.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 22, 2019
Only issue is there is not much room for advancement. The pay never really gets better but they are an amazing company to work for. They are typically super understanding if you have a family emergency!
Loved the environment, staff, and work just not the pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 21, 2019
This place its self is amazing and I think I fit the job well I just felt that I was being a little under payed for all the tasks I knew and accomplished.
Pros
free food on breaks and a 50% off discount
Cons
short breaks, low pay, strict managment
Fun welcoming place to work everyone is nice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 21, 2019
Chick-fil-a is a very welcoming atmosphere. The pros to working there are free food and scholarship opportunities. However , some of the Cons were Insufficient hours and The dress code is strict because they take appearance very seriously.
Pros
Free Employee Meal
Cons
Insufficient Hours, Strict dress code rules
great work place!!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 21, 2019
really the best work place. free meals on break. manager come help when rush hours. no conflict with co workers. customers always feels welcome also drive thru with ipads truely a genius idea.
Pros
free meals, breaks
Cons
nothing.
Working at Chick-Fil-A helps you grow
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 20, 2019
Working at Chick-Fil-A helped me become more knowledgeable and developed my skills. It also helped me with working as a team to fulfill our goal, which was to provide excellent service to our guests.They made me feel comfortable with working alongside others.
Fun at first
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 20, 2019
It was fun at first, but then management wanted you to only worry about this place, people started dropping like flies and you were asked to stay every day. There was a director that worked there for 15 + years and they even managed to drive him to quit. You can make great friends but the people above the managers will stifle you.
Pros
Free lunches, friends
Cons
Leadership, really strict, point system ridiculous
Stressful Work Environment and Do Not Care for Emoployees
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2019
Chick-fil-a, is not a fun place to work. They forced me to work outside in the hot beating sun for 8 hours straight and I got very sick from heat stroke. They still make me go outside and take orders in the heat although I've requested not to many times.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managers are awful and don't take care of employees
will never suggest working here with the management they have now
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKMay 20, 2019
i’ve honestly never met the most oblivious and arrogant human being then our very own GM, he can’t even make a schedule without messing something up. i honestly just think this restaurant would be better off if he would step down from being our GM
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Great place to work for your first job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 19, 2019
Very fast paced environment. Learned a lot as a team member. Learned every station. Management is friendly and some are understanding. Highly recommend.
Fast paced environment with some of the best people to work with.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 18, 2019
Everyday is different since the amount of customers that come in change. However, most of the time it is fast paced. The people who work there are incredibly nice and easy to communicate with. I've learned how to better communicate, how to adapt to situations quickly, how to take criticism, and how to be openminded to new things. The management and work environment are among the best I have seen. The hardest part of the job is serving the customers since food-service employees can receive so much attitude and be on the receiving end of very hurtful and offensive things. However, the best feeling is making someone's day and feeling proud of yourself for keeping up with the fast environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
I was a team member.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 16, 2019
Great entry level job, and it was the first job I ever had. It was hard, but challenged my character as a person, and improved every positive trait I had and snuffed out the bad ones.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No discounts.
Nice work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 16, 2019
Everyone is really friendly and genuine, which makes it easier to work in such a fast paced environment. It was a good place to work during college, but I definitely wouldn't do it again.
It's Not For Everyone
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 16, 2019
First, let me specify, I worked at a Drive-Thru only location in a small military town. I don't know if anyone else shares my experience, but I did not enjoy working at this location. The pay was minimal, and the managers always seemed to put people in stations randomly, without regard as to who was best at what position.
Pros
Food allowance, Flexible scheduling
Cons
Low pay, short breaks
Not what a Chick-Fil-A is supposed to be
Team Member (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 14, 2019
Management is rude to employees and customers. They only offer 50% off for employees only. But the one in Bryan, Tx gives employees free food for employees and their families. They horde sauces and will charge for extra. They will argue with customers about orders and be rude to customers. If an employee calls in sick they will be called, yelled at by management and then taken off the schedule for the next week and treated rudely for the rest of their employment. There’s a reason this Chick-Fil-A has a high turn over rate.
Pros
You can change your availability
Cons
Everything else
Fun work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 14, 2019
It gave me good insight and experience in working at a fast paced job. I learned better team working skills. The management was good for the most part. Some team members show more effort than others.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K