Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Found 622 reviews matching the search See all 11,899 reviews
Fun place to work...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 24, 2019
Working for Chick-Fil-A was a nice experience. I only worked 5 or 6 days per week, 8 hours per day most of the time. I had time to go to school and do other things and the entire team was always very friendly and professional, especially managers and team leaders.
Pros
No benefits.
Productive and very fun
Manager, Team leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 22, 2019
Chick-Fil-A is a great place to work at. Team work is a must while working, management makes everyday a fun day while being productive. The hardest part of this job is the fast paste, but you get use to it and enjoy it after a while.
job
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 20, 2019
I really liked working hre for the years that i did granted i was still in high school at the time but now i dont think ill ever work there again if i dont have to
Great Atmosphere
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMay 16, 2019
Chick-fil-A is very specific on who they hire and offer opportunities to anyone who is willing to take the initiative to further themselves. I think that is why they have some of the best leaders because they have to want the opportunity and work for it.
productive place that has greatly motivated and capable people to work with and learn from
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 15, 2019
The workplace is great everyone is friendly and happy to help. Everyone works efficiently, responsibly, and respectfully. I learned to be patient, clear about what is expected and what needs to get done, and how to efficiently lead a team. The hardest part about the job the physical demands and doing your part in the team while leading at the same time, even in time of complete chaos. The most enjoyable part is making someone smile and getting to work with such positive and remarkable people.
Enjoyed this job very much!
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 14, 2019
I would greet guest as they entered restaurant and see about their needs as they ordered. I greeted them with a smile and a friendly brief conversation. I would confirm order to make sure everything is correct and to satisfaction of guest. I learned how to work in all areas of restaurant seeing to customers needs and training others in these areas as well. I loved seeing customers happy with the service they received and knowing of they would more than likely return. I loved training others to be the best they can be at what they are doing and to provide excellent service. The hardest part of the job was when customers just could not be satisfied. It did not matter what the situation was and how well accommodations were made the customer just could not be satisfied.
Pros
Making guests day by a friendly smile, conversation, and excellent service
Cons
Guests not being satisfied no matter how well situation was handled
One of the best places I worked at
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 14, 2019
If you are looking for a great job, this is the place for you. They provide training through the computers and/or Ipads along with discounts for employees. Their is always opportunities to advance along with raises for each certification done. They are very flexible with schedules.
Hard work but really fulfilling
Team Member/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 13, 2019
There's always something to do while working there. Whether its serving the guest or making sure the store is as clean as possible there is never a slow time. Working here helped me grow as a person and as a leader. Plenty of opportunity for growth and you get to me a wide range of different and diverse people.
Productive and fun work place.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 13, 2019
Chick-fil-a Is a great place to work. Managers and coworkers are always positive. The kitchen is very easy to learn and work in. Great for a first job.
Pros
friendly environment, free meals, good break system.
Cons
very busy, lots of clean up.
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 20, 2019
They are not a chicken business. They are a people business disguised as a chicken business. By this, I mean that they genuinely care about not only their guests but their employees as well. They build boys and mend men.
Pros
Positive atmosphere, employee meals, flexible schedule
Cons
Health insurance
Family friendly, driven and full of hospitality
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MS 39540April 20, 2019
Great job for anyone who wants to begin a career within the customer service industry. Their work environment, career success training, and overall morals of their business helps guide a person in the right direction to giving GREAT customer service with pleasure.
Stressful job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAApril 16, 2019
A typical work day consists of bending over backwards for needy customers. It's Chick-fil-A, so of course they're constantly busy from the time they open to the time they close.Labor is kept at a strict 16% on weekdays and 13% on Fridays and Saturdays, so your store will most likely be understaffed during the slower times (which are still busy because it's Chick-fil-A) and you won't always be guaranteed a 30 minute break. If you're working a 12 hour shift, good luck getting two thirty minute breaks because you'll probably only get one (if that). You're required to be happy, smiling, and enthusiastic, even to the rudest of customers. If you're a Team Leader like I was, your boss will most likely criticize you, ask you agitating questions like "Why are our survey scores low? What are you doing to improve them? Why is so-and-so on break, it's almost time for the lunch rush?" etc. They won't exactly reward you or praise you when you do a good job. They say they give you "flexible hours" but then they'll schedule you overtime without asking first, basically force you to stay late 30 minutes to an hour after your shift was supposed to end, ask you to come in early all the time because the schedule was understaffed. I lost count of the number of times that I requested a day off way in advance, and then was still scheduled to work that day. The manager will require you to do things that they themselves would not even do, like work a closing shift and then open the very next day. Happened to me and my co-workers all the time. The workplace culture is good, because everyone tends to be  more... upbeat and enthusiastic, even though we're all miserable deep down on the inside. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast-paced environment, and maintaining a good mood when you feel like you're having a mental break down. Some locations offer free meals to employees, but the location I worked at did not. Only managers received free food while regular employees get a 50% discount on the overpriced food. The most enjoyable part of the job is finally getting to clock out and go home. Kudos to people who can stand working here for more than 1 year.  less
Pros
You get a 50% discount on the food (Limited to certain items, and only while working)
Cons
Literally everything else about the job
Good starting job to learn basic customer service
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXApril 15, 2019
This job taught me alot of my work ethic and customer service skills. to this day i still cannot say your welcome to customers and must say "My Pleasure"
Pros
Good place to learn work ethic
Cons
"My Pleasure"
Flexible work hours and advancement
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCApril 14, 2019
Chick-Fil-A offers a very flexible work schedule by working around when you're available and allowing other people to work for you in case you can't show up. They also offer advancement for moving up in the company.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
Very easy to burn out
Great first job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lionville, PAApril 14, 2019
I worked as a team leader at a franchise location. It was a lot of fun and I worked part time through high school and college. The people were great and I made lasting friendships and learned great customer service skills.
Pros
Fun environment, fast pace
Cons
Short breaks, worked 12 hour days, pay was abysmal
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLApril 13, 2019
Very flexible with working hours. Fun, friendly environment. Opportunities for advancement are very limited. We get a break and have certain selections from the menu we can have for free.
This job is a family
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAApril 12, 2019
At my store we are just like family. I would work for Chick-Fil-A for the rest of my life if I could. The culture here is like no other. I would recommend this job to any person at any age.
Great company
Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2019
Chick-fil-A teaches employees value in culture and following perfected processes. You can advance within any store as far as you want to- management lies ahead for those who take initiative and represent the brand well.
Pros
Free food, flexible scheduling, teaches good values
Cons
Service Industry Blues are common
Good first job that gets a young person out of their comfort zone.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hampton Cove, ALApril 3, 2019
Good place with good people and management who know how to execute clean and fresh food service with a smile. They give lots of hours if you are a good worker.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Fast food
Never a dull moment, always a fun place to work.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDMarch 28, 2019
First day on the job you will learn that your co-workers know how to make you feel welcomed. You'll pick up people skills very quickly. Management will not allow you to fail if they have have tools to assist you. Plus the owner is great lol so it just makes it a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K