Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNOctober 19, 2018
I am a high school student and would get scheduled 6 days a week. Management was AWFUL. My manager would cry in front of the employees every night and make jokes about my Diabetes. Me and my coworkers formed close bonds off of the hate we had for management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
awful management, too many hours
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 18, 2018
Because of the fast-paced environment, it got very stressful throughout the day.
The best part was the free lunch meals.
The hardest was keeping up with the pace of customers needs.
Great god can’t complain
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2018
I loves this job going on Catering orders where my favorite. Also there was always something going on at chick fil a. Helping people out and seeing there are truly happy of what we do for them. It was a great feeling working at chick fil a
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Little raises
Enjoyable work environment most of the time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXOctober 17, 2018
While typically stressful due to high volume of customers because of location, job was fun and enjoyable with the people you can come in contact and work with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good working enviroment
Cashier, customer service, cook, cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 15, 2018
Great customer service also a good work environment with a lot of team players that's willing to help one another. Furthermore when your notice on great work ethnic they will reward you.
Cons
Very hard working people just very busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2018
I worked there because it was a fast paste job and always ready to get people there orders quickly talking with nice manners. Everybody got along barely any disagreements with other co-workers, Positive all around you.
Pros
lunch was good no fake foods 100% real
Cons
Busy and hard working
Typical day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 8, 2018
A typical day consisted usually of very fast paced duties with constant pressure. The need to find something to do at Chick-fil-a was none like I have ever experienced. You would feel weird if you were not doing anything as everyone was constantly doing something to ensure stability. A good job for teens and young adults but would not recommend for a long-term career.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, not many benefits
Easy-going and organized environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAOctober 8, 2018
Chick-Fil-A exceeds many standards, one of which being their commitment to a healthy work environment. Chick-Fil-A almost always makes sure to hire competent, well-rounded individuals for all positions, not just managerial. The way Chick-Fil-A organizes their affairs is like no other fast food restaurant, and that allows for employees to be able to remain happy and confident in a fast-paced work environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
I disliked it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 4, 2018
I worked at Chick Fil A for three years. They don’t treat the employees well but this could just be one Chick-fil-A. I don’t get paid the way I showed for them out of hours I worked
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
I like the team members I work with in the morning shift, but there's poor management going on.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 30, 2018
A typical day would be working at drive thru window doing cash, cleaning, stocking items, and making sure everything is ready for the business of lunch time. Once lunch time hits, team members work together to help things run smoothly to get through the rush. After the rush, a team leader will give me a job or chore to complete before I clock off for my shift. Workplace culture is a positive atmosphere with the team members, seeing a need and filling it. But when it comes to management, it is hard to concentrate on the job because they like to micromanage the little things we do, when they don't know how to do that certain task themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to be the position of barista, when I get to work with my close work friends, and making someone's day just by being respectful and kind toward them.
Pros
Positive atmoshpere
Cons
Poor management, no discounts
Enjoyed my Job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 28, 2018
A typical day is always busy, fast-paced and lots to do! When I first started i was very shy and quiet, but over the 2 years i made friends and came out of my shell. I developed social skills. Management was decent, and always made sure their team members were working to the best they could. The hardest part of my job was the stress of rushes. But with the team being so supportive towards each other and helping each other out and working as a team really made the stressful times better.
Pros
a free meal, 30 minute breaks
Fast-pace, fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 25, 2018
I have worked at Chick-Fil-A for almost two years now. Management is flexible with whatever hours fit the workers' schedules best, and my coworkers are (for the most part) very fun to work alongside.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
- Learned how to communicate well with my team members.
- Hardest part was closing grill.
- A typical day at is work, is coming in happy ready to get to work at a quick pace.
Busy and high stress
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 18, 2018
All Chick-fil-a's are different. Management styles need to be more uniform in individual stores. Favouritism shouldn't have a factor in advancement for employees. Benefits packages would help more employees stay longer. Past experiences from previous jobs should also help in advancing employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Favouritism with management
Very Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 17, 2018
This is a very stressful, and a very physically demanding job to have. Would never recommend working here to any of my friends or family, because I wouldn't want them to go through what I have.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Stressful
Enjoyable and great first time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 14, 2018
This is a great place to work as your first job to get a feel for what is required and expected of you. Very reasonable in most aspects. Management wasn't what it should've been at he time. But overall not a bad place at all
Pros
Free food for your breaks with a price limit
Cons
Doing duties that aren't your position
Fast-paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2018
It’s a fun yet stressful job. You get to talk to people all day and stay on your feet. If you’re a person that I high energy and loves people this seems like an obvious choice.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Hours are sometimes inconsistent
Great working environment, love the people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 6, 2018
The other employees are very friendly and the customers (for the most part) are always kind as well. When I began working however, there was a different operational manager and nearly an entire different team... so over the past year I’ve seen many of my coworkers & new friends leave for new employees to come in. It’s a constantly changing and flowing team.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Short breaks, few hours, no tips
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDSeptember 3, 2018
Chick fil a was a great work environment you gain knowledge not to mention friendships they are helpful and engaging with employees management schedule work dances cook-outs etc family oriented
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rude customers
its not for everyone
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 2, 2018
This was a great learning experience for me but working here is totally not for everyone, its quick pace you have to learn fast you cant make mistakes they expect complete perfection and above thats the hardest part of job but what i learned from working here is that everyone talks about everyone it is litterally nothing but drama
Pros
free lunches, discounts, free drinks, clean
Cons
30 min breaks, drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K