Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

cut-throat work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 19, 2018
I would sign in, and then go to the back and wash my hands then put on gloves and go straight into cooking. I would be making the hash-browns, eggs, biscuits, and I would be cleaning in between that. After breakfast was over i would clean the grill and prep for the lunch rush that was about to come.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Didn't have the schedule in order
Great job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 17, 2018
Amazing job, amazing food, great work environment, great co workers, and great management. Always busy and good hours, free lunches and drinks just low pay
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay
I like my co workers
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 12, 2018
It was a good job to start with and move to bigger and better things. The Customers were polite and the customer service was on point and exceptional.
ok place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJune 1, 2018
fun to work at, but lack of communication, and managers stand around and arent a good example. lot of standing around and not enough work being done but ok place to work.
Productive and smooth
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 28, 2018
Work in the front and back of the house was very competitive and time based. The managers would assist if needed but they wanted you to handle the business as best as you could. The hardest part of the job was the rush hour ordering but it was also the most fun because it was a challenge to test who did well under pressure and who would not do so well and fold. The culture of the business was Christian but besides that it put the customers and neighbors first.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Wasn't allowed to take short breaks
Fun, Fast Paced place with amazing workers
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 26, 2018
It was an amazing experience working at chick fil a. My manager was very understanding when I had to be late for work, or had to call out due to my pregnancy. The coworkers were OUTSTANDING to work with. We all had so much fun together. Managers and Owner made it easy and fun to work in a comfortable environment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Awesome store
CASHIER, COOK (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 20, 2018
No complaints. I had a great time working there. the staff was awesome. didn't care for the new young staff. manager was fair at times. seems like a very good environment. great first job.
I loved working at chickfila
Team Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJMay 19, 2018
Chickfila was a great company to work at management was amazing and the people were great. A typically day was whatever the team leader put u on. I learned a lot of stuff from how to work faster and be a better person. The hardest part was managing school and working to 11pm
Pros
discounted lunch, great people
Cons
late nights
Great coworkers and environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FL 33511May 16, 2018
Everyone I worked with worth team players who looked out for the best of the team. Never had to worry about being taken advantage of because everybody was selfless and ready to serve.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay was not well.
If your black it’s not a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 14, 2018
They treat black people a lot different than everybody else. I have been working there for almost a year did not get any raises and they always put you in stations where nobody else’s want to work.
Fun, fast paced job. Creating relationships with customers bringing in more revenue.
Cashier & Cook (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 12, 2018
It was fun working with coworkers and supervisors. It was fast paced and I learned the pace of fast food in this establishment. Chick-Fil-A is one of the best start up jobs to become friendly with individuals of all backgrounds and it allows for growth in interpersonal relationships.
fast passed food service
COOK (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 12, 2018
nothing out of the ordinary. it is frustrating though how the store i work at is built to habdle three million dollars of business a year and we now do nine million a year without ant major changes to adjust for this. every year there is talk about cretin changes to make the store run smoother and thus make it easyer on us in the kichen but they are almost never implemented. other than the lack of care put into the necessary reform needed to keep the store ruining smoothly it is a nice place to work. the people are freindly and the pay is good for what it is.
Pros
food, nice people.
Cons
unresponsive managment
Fun and Fast Paced
Cook all orders and serve them (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 11, 2018
The job is a great place to work for those who are still in school or just getting out of school and going to college, if you're looking for a job that can provide for you and pay your bills , this job is probably not the place unless you're willing to take the few years to climb the ranks and become a manager.
Pros
Half off Food, Flexible Hours
Cons
Healthcare, Pay
It’s okay
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 10, 2018
It started out okay it’s pretty easy to learn the foh and boh. Your coworkers are realible most of the time your there. Management needed to work on their lack of communication.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management at times
Fun and enjoyable environment
Team Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHMay 9, 2018
CFA was my first job and it was the best job for it being my first job. I love the environment because it was full of teenagers. There's a lot of different positions aviable for everyone.
Loved it
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 7, 2018
Best place everyone was so nice!! I loved being part of the opening of CFA so friendly long hours but I asked for the long hours must apply so fun miss my CFA family
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Production and work fast paced environment
Team member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
A whale security environment in Airport Station excellent customer service over a hundred customer service 44 minutes, clean area keep up maintain job work.
Pros
Discount on lunch, 30min break
Cons
Insurance, 401k, and vision insurance, dentist
Great restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 2, 2018
Great restaurant, period. From the owners, to the managers and supervisors. They also give you a chance at scholarships, education advancement, and etc.
Productive and fun
Cook/Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78238May 2, 2018
The manager worked well with scheduling days off, but i would work doubles everyday. Had thirty hours of overtime per week. I had alot of responsibility but no recognition
fun wokplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 24, 2018
it was ok working there but the boss wasn't nice to people. the hardest part of the job is you don't leave on time. What I learned is that they don't care about you only the compand
Pros
free food
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K