Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

Great people but i would not recommend
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Dont let them push you around and dont let them always put you dishes was a clean working environment but theyvwould get on your nerves and if you get behind they will just pin it against you and say its your fault /problem and not help you out
Pros
Food was paid for already for employees
Cons
30 min breaks
nice job for beginners
Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
staff was really cool and work wasn't too stressful or hard. prep work is easy, cooking was fairly easy and simple. alot of teamwork in everything. just didnt pay enough money.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health care and short breaks
It was fun and relaxed.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 6, 2018
I loved chick-fil-a they gave me a lot of hours but I’m growing up and looking for a job that actually pays good and gives good hours it was fun while it lasted but I’m needing money for a house.
Pros
Free lunch
It’s a decent place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDSeptember 5, 2018
If management was better, starting from the top. It would be all five stars! People are nice to work with. The uniforms are comfortable fitting. Hours could be better and the should give benefits.
Fast paced work but never felt rushed. You felt like a part of the team and managers are understanding.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 31, 2018
I was a produce maker so I made things like salads and fruit cups. I would be the first one in the store to make everything I needed to and left before 4pm. The other employees were friendly and the manager was nice as well.
Pros
Free meal, Good Hours
Cons
Not always the same training as the videos they show.
Great company to work for
Cook/Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2018
The managers, the environment, the customers everything about Chick-Fil-A is amazing I absolutely love working for them. I want to go back and work for them again!
Pros
Food, customers, employees
Cons
I love the job itself but i do not agree on the benefits and pay rates.
Cashier/Cook/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 14, 2018
This is a fairly easy but a steady paced job. On another note, they do work me unusually long hours. Evaluations at my locations are not often and vacation/PTO is not offered. Hours can be very inconvenient especially during football season.
Decent place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2018
Overall decent place to work, store manager wasn't the easiest to get along with but assistant store manager was easy to get along with and would be the one that would work with the employees
an overall good place to work
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 6, 2018
a typical day at work was fast paced and busy which I liked. there was always something to do and there was not a lot of standing around. I learned how to be calm in stressful situations and to not let rude people get to me. the management here is overall good, and they are always nice to the employees. the hardest part of this job would probably be dealing with rude customers, and just remembering to stay calm when its very busy. I really enjoyed working with my other team members, I made very good friends during my time here.
Pros
free lunch, discounts
Cons
low pay
Boh
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 4, 2018
CFA leaves open opportunity for each employee to learn all stations while giving you detailed instruction for proper execution. If you can think fast, move quickly and plan accordingly this will be a good place for a possible future.
It was fun working their
Cook (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 3, 2018
To me working at chick fil a was good for me because working their showed me how everybody can work as a team they worked as a family it was the best experience.
Its fast-food, what do you expect
Front Counter Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 3, 2018
Just another multi-million dollar fast food corporation that will work you to death and give you low pay, but that's what these kind of jobs consist of more or less.
They treat their workers with respect and the "team" consists of good people, but there is absolutely no joy in the work itself.
Pros
Nice environment/people
Cons
The work itself
Productive and relaxing job
Team Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 31, 2018
Chick-fil-a is extremely effeciant so you rarely have to deal with angry customers. All the employees are super nice and friendly and the customers reciprocate it.
Enjoyed working here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXJuly 29, 2018
Definitely nice place to work for my first job, learned alot while i was there. Made tons of friends but most of all gained more responsibility. Great place to work for first time job while you are young.
Pros
great environment
Chick-Fil-A
Cook (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 25, 2018
Another good place to start working. Management is acceptable but could have more improvement. It definitely has its ups and downs but it gives lots of opportunities.
Fun sometimes but very cut throat
Chicken Cook (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 20, 2018
Honestly chick fil a has an absolutely awful kitchen environment, you have people making sandwiches without gloves, food falls on the floor it gets picked back up and sold, grease all over the floors.definitely not the most sanitary work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
They take theirselves far more seriously than its worth
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALJuly 18, 2018
If you act perfect you will be treated mostly good. But if act as a normal human then you'll be looked down upon. Also it's hard to get raises if you don't suck up
Pros
Free limited lunch
Cons
There is alot of drama and just plain bs that isnt worth it
I enjoy working with some of the people and would return again effect
Cook (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work good owner good manager nice people hard working employees. Generous management. I came in Chick-fil-A as a order employee was hired on the spot and put in the position of making the biscuits was told daily that the biscuits was good look well taste good I was just very pleased with management at times the employees will get a free meals just a good place to work.
Great people to work with
Cook (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 8, 2018
The values of Chick-fil-a allow for excellent and hard-working people to find employment. I worked with some of the most kind people I have ever met in my life. If your job was hard, they would do anything to make it easier, while being a leader and showing you how to improve. Working for this company was one of the best job experiences I have ever had.
Pros
Foooooddd
Cons
grease in the kitchen was a pain
We always had a good time working with one another.
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 3, 2018
We all made each other feel like a family. We had contest to reach goals through out the day. I enjoyed going to work everyday. It was a fun environment to be in at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K