Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 464 reviews matching the search See all 12,297 reviews
It was very fast paced and stressful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 23, 2019
The typical day started when we make 24 Chicken Filets and have them ready fro the rush of the day. The majority of the day was all rush and with this type of days I learned to deal in high stress environments.
Cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJune 20, 2019
Great work environment, great management team, having every Sunday off is definitely a plus, allows you to spend time with family or taking care or stuff around the house.
Hard working job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 18, 2019
Be ready to work before hand and get rest. Be ready to listen and communication and good work ethic is key to a successful shift. Youll make friends quick.
Pros
Free lunch and paid break
Cons
Healthcare expensive
Love this. Job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2019
LOve the Food, LOve. The atmosphere. You will not be. Bored because you will be too. Busy working working all day.. great food great environment cool staff
Fun to work at
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJune 14, 2019
Very friendly place felt at home while working there, everyone made me feel welcome, even managers and even my co-workers. I made sandwiches most of the time or battered chicken
Not at all what I expected
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 13, 2019
i would have to say that the overall experience at chik fil a was not at all what it is advertised to be. The management makes it seem like they are one thing but after the job is received they act completely different. I already knew it would be hard work so I didn’t care about the labor. I just don’t appreciate being lied to, just tell me what it will be like and be honest.
Pros
Free food, good scheduling, life lessons
Cons
Poor communication
Fast pace stressful
Cook (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 10, 2019
I liked chick fil a but it’s not a job I would like to work at forever I want a job with benefits and somewhere that I can move up and work towards goals or achievements
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful work environment
Great People
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 21, 2019
I loved working here as the people were so kind and helpful. They were very supportive and worked with me to get my Food Handler's Permit as well as my uniform.
Training was thorough and work environment was one of the bests.
To be honest, the hardest part of the job was how loud and BUSY it could get--it got crazy sometimes
Pros
environment, friendly people
Cons
loud, busy
Productive environment who care about their employees
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 21, 2019
Great overall experience really tame pride in their work and everyone comes together to get everything done lots of help with everything and that makes the job a lot easier
Pros
Free lunch, raises
Excellent management
Chick-Fil-A Team Member/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2019
Great work environment with extremely professional co-workers. Store management along side kitchen and front store managers made the workplace seem friendly and an amazing as well as very oriented to make sure all duties and tasks were fulfilled according to official guidelines.
Pros
Free lunches, professional management.
Toxic Work Environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 17, 2019
My experience at CFA was fully hypocritical actions by the managers. Friends and family members were hired and favored over other employees. Many of the favorited workers would not work and would sit around on their phones.
Pros
Pay
fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 13, 2019
Great place to work in. i worked there for 6 months. i was a back of the house team member. we used to work in all stations, breading, frying, and the fries.
Fast pace environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2019
I enjoy my time at chik fil a. The working environment was always kept clean and the management ran a tight ship. I had wonderful coworkers and they provided a discount for all employees to eat lunch.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Fryers can make cook area hot and humid
Productive place to work, more than fair hours
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 23, 2019
Overall a relaxed job,during your probationary period they will overwork you compared to others though. My starting pay wasn't very decent. Raise every semester.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managers are really strict during probationary period
works with schedule well
Cook (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAApril 19, 2019
fast paced during rush hour
i learned to perform to the best of my ability
the most enjoybale part of my job is making fries because its fast and your on your own
fun fastpaced job
Cook and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 16, 2019
i worked at one on campus so the atmosphere was different than the typical chickfila but regardless of where you work it is a fast paced enviroment where customer service is a top priority
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No smoke breaks
productive and fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 3, 2019
very friendly people to work with and work for. Great benefits and great hours and great pay. I would recommend anyone looking for a full time job to apply.
Worked like a slave and cheated on the wage
COOK (Former Employee) –  State College, PAApril 3, 2019
You slave in a kitchen all shift and get covered in oil and grease. You burn your hand on the hot fryer oil and on the chicken fresh out of the fryer and grill. As a breader I was covered in raw chicken and chicken juice daily at the beginning of my shift and would have it caked to the bottom of my shoes. I had to beg for a raise even after working hard for over a year. Dishes are done by hand by the cooks.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Owner is unfair and doesn't recognize hard work
Horrible managers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVMarch 22, 2019
Operator was nice if you over-worked yourself. Too many stuck up employees. Managers were lazy. They put all the work on you and watch from a distance.
Pros
35% discount on lunch
Cons
Too much work for so little pay
productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 12, 2019
I would come in heat up the fryers and prepare the chicken to be cooked. After I cook the chicken I pass it to the other side to be ready to be served. I learned that teamwork makes the dream work. The managers was very fair and polite and helped to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was making sure the chicken was cooked right and prepared quickly for the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear the customers compliment your cooking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K