Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

Fun and great place to work
Chick fil a cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2017
It was a great place to work because it was based for people who love church. And I love to go to church because I love Jesus Christ and the Bible. I love the group of friends I made there also.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Teenager work
Cashier/Cook/Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 2, 2017
Not really hard boring, no advancement, bad manager, Didn't learn a ton, good workplace clean nice good people, hardest part clean up, most enjoyable part sandwich competitions.
Fun people, productive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 30, 2017
Working a Chick-Fil-A was fun and quick paced. My co-workers and managers all got along well while working together to complete a task. The job would become stress full at times based on how fast paced it would become at times.
Pros
free food
very fas paced but somewhat fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 25, 2017
Chick-fil-a was fun at first then it got really hard and just kinda bad. I would usually come in and we would be under staff so I would have to bust around doing multiple jobs, then I would do the same job every time and not learning anything new. I would have to prepare raw meat and then cook it. Management was somewhat strict. The best part of the job was the free food during breaks
Pros
free luch
Cons
fast-paced, under-staff
Good place if you plan on staying long term
Cook (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GANovember 17, 2017
Being a cook at chick-fil-A is not easy it super fast paced the front workers rush you when you can’t do much about it decent job but I would make it a career
Pros
1$ meals
Cons
Short breaks low pay
Fast paced work enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 15, 2017
Not a place I could see people working at for a career choice. People can get promotions easily, however you get paid very very little when you receive these promotions.
good to eat and has a playground
Cook (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 13, 2017
hello my name is a very good man and i like to eat chicken because its very yummy so im just working there since forever.I like the waffle fries since its creative.
Pros
good urinals
Cons
stinky toilets
Fun and competitive work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 9, 2017
Chick-Fil-A was a very fun but competitive place to work at. I loved working there, the co-workers and managers were very nice and open armed to every worker and customer. The work environment was very wonderful. The job was not as easy as everyone takes it to be. Cooks and prep cooks and the most important jobs overall. The cashiers had to be nice and respectful to all customers.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Short breaks
Okay beginner job.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 8, 2017
I worked at CFA for 4 years and was never given a raise or any type of official promotion. I was doing the duties of the manager (counting draws, closing down the store etc.) but never actually promoted or given a raise. Staff is a lot of teenagers and with that comes a lot of drama and competition.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no free lunch, long days, customers are ruthless, "my pleasure" will never leave your vocabulary
No chance to advance
Cook (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDNovember 7, 2017
Working at Chick-Fil-A has been a very racist, judgmental and stressed environment to work in. Management is not very helpful or considerate. Not a great place to work if you have a family to provide for.

Want to know more about Chick-fil-A?

Ask a question
Great first job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 3, 2017
A typical day was working with the fryers, whether the chicken or fries. If I was needed anywhere else, that's what I would do since I was trained for everything. The pay wasn't the best, but that's a fast food store for you. There was a sheet that you could fill out 2 weeks in advance for days you would and wouldn't work. Then once everyone's schedule was taken into consideration, an email was sent with your actual personal schedule. Some people would even take off for the summer and come back in the fall and the job was still available for them! The staff was awesome to work with and we had many fun moments in the kitchen. While it is christian oriented and there are many christians that work there, but what most people don't realize is there are atheists and agnostics that work there too, and I think that's awesome. The hardest part of the job is the rush hours and trying to clean the kitchen at closing. My most enjoyable part was probably my coworkers and their humor.
Pros
Coworkers, Flexible hours, Sundays off
Cons
Low wages, Rush hours
Bennifits and pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXOctober 27, 2017
While the employees were fun to work with, the job didn't pay enough for the work they required. They also didn't give out pay raises or any health or dental benefits to non-management.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Benefits, pay raises, paid vacations
Cook/Cashier
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCOctober 26, 2017
At Chick-fil-a I would cook during the morning shifts and for the afternoon when we are busy I become the cashier to help out with the chaos. I work very hard and they never have any problems with me.
Fast paced can't fall behind
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 25, 2017
Working here was stressful. The location I was at only had a couple hours in the week that you got to take a breath and slow down. The service was awesome because they trained you and had the numbers to keep up with the orders.
Very well ran, family-based company.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 24, 2017
Taking orders, Making food, greeting guests, cleaning the sotre is about a typical day here. I learned great greeting skills, and very good manners. I also learned how to cook the food there. Management was always on their toes and was always working together to get orders out quickly. they always pulled employees to the side to talk rather than calling ou tin front of others. The culture was very comforting. Everyone was always smiling, happy, and fun to work with. Hardest part was trying to move up/get a raise. Most enjoyable was working with amazing people who all used team work to get the job completed.
Pros
discount, greeting skills, cook experience, work parties, etc.
Cons
Getting raises/promotions
Good place for a first job
Cashier/Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALOctober 18, 2017
I have worked at chick fil a for almost 4 years now love the job just looking for something more into my career. Worked as cashier/ cook/ and also food prep
Pros
Jobs, pay, flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Would not recommend
Cook (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 17, 2017
I didn't enjoy working here at all the trash duties were always thrown on me even when they hired new employees which are supposed to do that. I was disrespected even though I worked very hard and was good at my job
Great Food
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middle River, MDOctober 12, 2017
Chick fil a is one of the best fast food places to work at. Management is always nice if you ever needed a day off they didn't get mad they would understand. Workplace culture was always excellent we have amazing customers. The hardest part about working at chick fil a was the lunch time hours, The most enjoyable part was having a team who you can count on.
Very Energetic, Outstanding customer service skills
Cook (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 11, 2017
Amazing company to work for, the customer service is outstanding. We treat every customer as if they were family. Quick-paced and very competitive. The hardest part about the job is being someone you're not. Be yourself
Not enough hours/ no employee discounts
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 10, 2017
I did not work here long because I did not get enough hours working, the manager was horrible at their job, and all the employees were in high school.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no employee discount on food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.