Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 480 reviews matching the search See all 13,034 reviews
fast paced, competive
COOK (Former Employee) –  dorchester road, scAugust 8, 2019
the culture was not the greatest instead of team work the rather us throw each other under the bus...high turn over rate...i loved the work the management just needs work
The hardest part was that they customers dont stop
Cook (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 30, 2019
I love cooking for one then they had my favorite food to cook chicken it was a ok job it was the owner of the building and some of the workers was my problem they where lazy and young
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun and Family like engagement
Team Leader/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 27, 2019
While a lot of times i felt overlooked by leadership, the bonds I made with my team made the job all the more bearable and enjoyable. most places you dont want to have anything to do with the people at work after you get off, but we genuinely became a family outside of the business.
Great team work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 22, 2019
Great team work bit takes long to advance push you to your limits sometimes unsafe limits pays good works hard you have to be very determined and in great health to work here very fast paced . fun great food great customer service
Somewhat fun work experience
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 18, 2019
The work experience itself is okay but the management is terrible and I don’t recommend working there. The people are very nice but there are a select few who don’t need to be in the position they’re in.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
Not bad
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NC (Cleveland Mall)July 13, 2019
I worked there for 8 months. Some of the managers were great, others not so much. The thing that bothered me the most is that a raise had to be asked for and not based on performance. I was trained to do almost everything in the store, plus working there for 8 months, and I was still making minimum wage when I left. I was also scheduled for almost every day of the week while in public school. I transferred to online school, and when my availability increased, my hours decreased.
Pros
$6 off meal, somewhat relaxed
Cons
No pay increase, rarity of advancement
Very fast paced.
Cashier, Cook, Prep (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 12, 2019
The environment is very high stress and fast paced. Long shifts with short breaks. The employees are great and motivating. Guest are friendly and understanding.
Very low pay, fast paced environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 11, 2019
As a first job as a sixteen year old, I was paid minimum wage. I was both a cashier and cook. Much of the time, customers all came at the same time where we would be very busy, then it would die out and be slow for awhile. Working in the kitchen felt hot and disgusting, while working as a cashier felt okay.
A great company to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2019
overall a great company to work for and i enjoy the atmosphere that goes along with work in a fast paced environment along with learning new techniques and things along that nature
productive and fast pase
BOH Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 8, 2019
Chick-fil-a employees are very productive. This company is fun place to work at. they are family oriented and a great positive environment to be. Clean and neat.
Not for black people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 7, 2019
I put in a application for FOH and they insisted I work BOH and I noticed only white people were in the front every time I came. I do not recommend!!!
Ignores labor laws
Cook (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 2, 2019
Would start my shift at 3 and get sent to lunch at 3:30 with no other breaks for rest of a 8-9 hour shift. Management was horrible and had no structure what so ever.
n/a
COOK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2019
working at chick-fil-a the days were nice you would have to stay on your feet and pay attention to at all times. Work was at a constant pace yet it wasn't difficult.
The best first job you can have.
Short order cook (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 27, 2019
I love this place. I learned a lot about working with other people. Its a great place to grow. I am really thankful that I work there. Management is very professional.
Pros
One free meal per shift.
Cons
Its fast food so its a lot of work.
Terrible work experience, don't bother
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 26, 2019
I worked at Chick Fil A for 2 years and as time went on my experience only worsened. The management is either High School aged and immature or middle aged and extremely rude AND immature. The directors picked favorites based on personality and nepotism was a common occurrence. It didn't matter how hard of a worker you were, if they didn't like you, they would make your life miserable. The actual job is extremely stressful with 10+ hours shifts being common. Do not apply here if you value your sanity and mental health.
Fun and competitive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 25, 2019
I would recommend a job with chick fil a because they offer you a chance to make a job with them a career.. they are will to go above and beyond for their employees
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
It was very fast paced and stressful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 23, 2019
The typical day started when we make 24 Chicken Filets and have them ready fro the rush of the day. The majority of the day was all rush and with this type of days I learned to deal in high stress environments.
Cook
Cook (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJune 20, 2019
Great work environment, great management team, having every Sunday off is definitely a plus, allows you to spend time with family or taking care or stuff around the house.
Hard working job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 18, 2019
Be ready to work before hand and get rest. Be ready to listen and communication and good work ethic is key to a successful shift. Youll make friends quick.
Pros
Free lunch and paid break
Cons
Healthcare expensive
Love this. Job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2019
LOve the Food, LOve. The atmosphere. You will not be. Bored because you will be too. Busy working working all day.. great food great environment cool staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K