Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 456 reviews matching the search See all 11,899 reviews
Productive environment who care about their employees
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 21, 2019
Great overall experience really tame pride in their work and everyone comes together to get everything done lots of help with everything and that makes the job a lot easier
Pros
Free lunch, raises
Excellent management
Chick-Fil-A Team Member/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 20, 2019
Great work environment with extremely professional co-workers. Store management along side kitchen and front store managers made the workplace seem friendly and an amazing as well as very oriented to make sure all duties and tasks were fulfilled according to official guidelines.
Pros
Free lunches, professional management.
Toxic Work Environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 17, 2019
My experience at CFA was fully hypocritical actions by the managers. Friends and family members were hired and favored over other employees. Many of the favorited workers would not work and would sit around on their phones.
Pros
Pay
fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 13, 2019
Great place to work in. i worked there for 6 months. i was a back of the house team member. we used to work in all stations, breading, frying, and the fries.
Fast pace environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2019
I enjoy my time at chik fil a. The working environment was always kept clean and the management ran a tight ship. I had wonderful coworkers and they provided a discount for all employees to eat lunch.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Fryers can make cook area hot and humid
Productive place to work, more than fair hours
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 23, 2019
Overall a relaxed job,during your probationary period they will overwork you compared to others though. My starting pay wasn't very decent. Raise every semester.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managers are really strict during probationary period
works with schedule well
Cook (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAApril 19, 2019
fast paced during rush hour
i learned to perform to the best of my ability
the most enjoybale part of my job is making fries because its fast and your on your own
fun fastpaced job
Cook and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 16, 2019
i worked at one on campus so the atmosphere was different than the typical chickfila but regardless of where you work it is a fast paced enviroment where customer service is a top priority
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No smoke breaks
productive and fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 3, 2019
very friendly people to work with and work for. Great benefits and great hours and great pay. I would recommend anyone looking for a full time job to apply.
Worked like a slave and cheated on the wage
COOK (Former Employee) –  State College, PAApril 3, 2019
You slave in a kitchen all shift and get covered in oil and grease. You burn your hand on the hot fryer oil and on the chicken fresh out of the fryer and grill. As a breader I was covered in raw chicken and chicken juice daily at the beginning of my shift and would have it caked to the bottom of my shoes. I had to beg for a raise even after working hard for over a year. Dishes are done by hand by the cooks.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Owner is unfair and doesn't recognize hard work
Horrible managers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVMarch 22, 2019
Operator was nice if you over-worked yourself. Too many stuck up employees. Managers were lazy. They put all the work on you and watch from a distance.
Pros
35% discount on lunch
Cons
Too much work for so little pay
productive and fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 12, 2019
I would come in heat up the fryers and prepare the chicken to be cooked. After I cook the chicken I pass it to the other side to be ready to be served. I learned that teamwork makes the dream work. The managers was very fair and polite and helped to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was making sure the chicken was cooked right and prepared quickly for the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear the customers compliment your cooking.
We couldn't talk all we heard was work work
BOH Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton NCMarch 10, 2019
I worked in BOH I enjoyed my job there Team leader they are two face get yelled you see the same people do the same job everyday. Do dishes every day I know a lady that they made her do dish for 3 month straight. She also can clean and do her job at the same time never complaine till one day she had enough with Team lead she also asked the leader if she disliked her never got that answer. Never seen Team Leaders go on break first and when they are on break they are on it for 1.5
Pros
Free lunch never ate it
Cons
Very short breaks
High School Student Part-time
Customer Service/ Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMarch 9, 2019
I worked almost every day right after school until closing- got a day or two off. Each employee was scheduled a position for that shift such as lobby, cashier, floater, bagger, kitchen, or drive-thru. Overall, employees were expected to work fast, think quick, and multitask.
Pros
a lot of hours, one free meal
chick fil a review
Cook (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAMarch 9, 2019
when i first started there i enjoyed it for about two weeks and then i realized how stressful and quick paced this job really is. my friend is the one who got me a job there and i thank him for it. now i realize how much better of a person i can be rather than being a fry cook at a fast food place.
Pros
free food on break
Cons
i only get 15 minute breaks
Happy and Fun atmosphere
Cashier, Expediter, and Cook (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 9, 2019
The best part of working here was the energy. The employees and customers made the day of work fun and joyful. There's so many jobs to do your never bored or seen as "slacking".
Good first job, but little advancement
Cook (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 4, 2019
There is room for 2 different full-time shifts during the workday, and the part-timers tend to come fill in between lunch and dinner. Most of the traffic comes in right before school, during lunch, and when school lets out. The remainder of the shift is pretty relaxed; at those times, the employees mostly focus on prepping refrigerated food or cleaning.

The work environment is fast-paced, but it is easy to get used to since the majority of the menu is the same thing (chicken, nuggets, fries). After about a month there, the work itself becomes automatic, and the experience after that is mainly based on the frequency of custom orders and the quality of coworkers. If you like socializing closely with 6-8 people, then it'll be enjoyable.

It is nice to reliably have Sundays off, but advancing to a manager requires further steps. I had a supervisor who refused to give up cigarettes and beer, so he couldn't advance to a manager. The pay wasn't great, but you only expect so much compensation selling fast food. Overall, a great place to work until you can find a job in your desired career field.
I loved work with the company
Cook (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 28, 2019
My relationship with company was very nice I liked good quality of food and great spiritual place so great attitudes I loved working for company.I hope and pray that you can enjoy this company.
Cons
Fun and energetic place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLFebruary 26, 2019
the place is very nice to work for, a very caring and loving company to those who are there for 6 months or longer, very good opportunities as far as jobs and scholarships and very understanding
Enjoyable workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 25, 2019
At Chick Fil A I had to learn how become faster to give the food out on time. I would work an eight hour shift. The work place was very diverse.The hard part of the the job was when tourist buses would come in.
Pros
Everyone got along
Cons
Fast pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K