Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier at chik fil A
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 23, 2018
No possible way to live off of minimum wage in the fort worth area. the pay to work ratio was awful. you get treated like garbage. I learned good cashier skills as well as people pleasing. The hardest part of the job was long hours at the cashier during rush hour. The place was located next to a school so a lot of students would come in with attitude. the other staff was semi-friendly.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 23, 2018
A typical day at work included certain team members who were assigned certain tasks and duties for that day. A normal day was very fast-paced and busy. I learned the importance of having a good attitude no matter the circumstances involving a customer. The management did a good job running the restaurant and lining up schedules. The culture of the workplace was that of putting the customers first and respecting their needs. The hardest part of the job was working during a rush especially at drive thru or the register. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with fellow employees.
Pros
Discounts, Good learning experience, Great work environment
Cons
Nothing major
N/a
Drive Thru Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Such a great place to work and grow. I wish that there was more life at home balance, sometimes you feel like you are being over worked and not appreciated but it depends on who you work for.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 22, 2018
cashier, took orders as well as worked the kitchen, cleaned dining room greet customers, the culture of pleasantries and how we greet our customers is awesome. the environment is uplifting and have contagious warm feelings and truly teaches that the customer is your primary client and we need to please at all levels from appearance, the consistent way we greet and close our encounters.
Pros
great culture
Cons
part time hours during my senior year so it was hectic
great place
Grossmont - Cashier (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 22, 2018
great owner, great managers, great food, great people, sometimes stressful and super fast paced. sometimes micromanaged. overall a good place to work and get experience.
Cons
tiny discount
Workplace was productive with a drive through.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMay 22, 2018
A typical day at Chick-Fil-A included running food to customers, taking orders on a touchscreen, restocking condiments, and general cleaning. Management was Excellent, they all cared very much about the employees well being and were always willing to help. The culture was very family and collage kid based because it was next to Azusa Pacific University. The most enjoyable part of the job was making personal connections with APU students.
Pros
Free lunch, and consistent hours
Cons
No paid vacations
Chick-fil-a
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 22, 2018
You are moving fast paste it's a quick food service. As a cashier you take orders and take the orders out to the customers. Clean the counters. You welcome the guest when they come in. Hi welcome to chick-fil-a. You ask if they are dinning in or carry out.
Pros
Fast paste work
Cons
No benefits
Amazing place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2018
I loves my experience at this restaurant. Customers and employees are always so pleasant and friendly. The management team does not make it a stressful or uncomfortable environment to work in.
Pros
Managagement, co workers, customers, hours, benefits
Cons
Pay
Great employers
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 18, 2018
Fast paced job, I learned a lot about customer service, and what my limits were. The management was not the best at scheduling but I doubt it is the same at other locations.
Pros
Free drinks!
Cons
Short breaks, very fast paced
Productive, fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2018
The coworkers and managers were very friendly and nice, patient people. Very strict on showing respect and courtesy to our customers , keep that smile and always say "My pleasure."
Pros
Discount/free meals
Cons
Short breaks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 18, 2018
They want u to have a great attitude and expect you to follow the core4. Smile, speak enthusiastic, eye contact. I have learned things. Enjoy speaking with the customers
Pros
Depends on location
Crazy but beneficial
Drive Thru (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 18, 2018
Working at chick fil a is not bad due to them accommodating our schedules very well and being "pro" towards school. Many guests come daily to being shy should not be a thing in your personality.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
always behind on lunch breaks
Fun and productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77505May 16, 2018
Working at Chic-Fil-A was a fun experience and productive work space for high school graduates just coming out of school. Plus, having Chic-Fil-A on your resume will help you further in job searches.
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clayton, GAMay 16, 2018
Starting out in the workforce can be nerve racking to say the least. This job provided me with great opportunities to learn and experience the various things that work entails and I would recommend it as a safe environment for a starting out job.
Chick fil a
Chick fil a cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2018
I worked as an cashier, front counter and driver through very fun fast paced job. You stay positive, cant help but to smile, its a refreshing place to work by it being fast food. It has a better professional work environment.
Productive, fast pace work place
Chick fil a cashier (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2018
Chick fil a is an amazing head start especially for 15 to 16 year olds. They give opportunity’s to grow in yourself and in your work. Working had chick fil a has definitely given be an amazing head start for my future career.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Can be a little stressful when we are super busy
It was a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 14, 2018
I was 15 and only worked on Saturdays for 4 hours. It was fun but the hours were not enough. It just wasn't worth it. But I would recommend the place because its great people and its quick pace.
Benefits
Cons
no breaks if you work less than 6 hours
Fast paced stressful workplace
CASHIER/PART-TIME (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20817May 14, 2018
A typical day would be ringing up customers, bagging orders, making drinks and many other duties. Other duties included mopping floor stocking items such as sauces and cups. I learned customer service skills how to properly solve situations in a restaurant setting as opposed to retail. Management was very hard on us they did not care about days off requested 2 weeks in advance (as we were supposed to do). The culture of the workplace was very fast paced. Hardest part was multitasking with crowds.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
I went in on order taking in the drive thru ... Quickly learned front cash.. Move to the back on sandwich making and frying chicken at the same time also learned to juice lemons in one day .... I honestly love the way they move you around to get you familiar with the store ... To me that means they're setting you up for management... Working here was great
It’s fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 12, 2018
It’s really not A fun job then again it is , it’s very respectful in that place no disrespect to any customers you might have some days where the attitude is burble but that don’t show it
Pros
Free lunches, very respectful
Cons
Can’t have nails picrings really nuthin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K