Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,553 reviews matching the search See all 10,322 reviews
Cashier (taking and reviewing orders) inside and outside at the drive thru. Worked at 6am, four days a week.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 15, 2018
It was a good environment, even though the management could be handled a little bit better and more organized and more accommodating to the employees. I woke up at 5am to work 6am-2pm shifts four days a week. It was fast paced and hours went by fast, it was fun to interact with customers. The worst part is that, it was very exhausting after a shift and felt I couldn't fully focus on my school work because they didn't minimize my hours when I asked. The pay is also not very great, I got paid $8.50, it was a lot of work with running around to make sure customers have the best service possible and being outside in the hot sun for many hours at a time. I learned to stay committed and to grow where you are planted, even if your job situation may not be the most ideal situation that you want. This job taught me to stay determined in work and not give up and try my best with a good school-work-life balance, but it became too much and I decided to leave.
Pros
50% discount on a personal meal when I worked, You learn discipline.
Cons
Pay not enough for the work and stress, Did not accommodate my hours when I needed more time to study for school.
Good first job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 15, 2018
This was my first job while I was in high school and I recommend this job to anyone that is looking for a first job or any job. This job is a good place to work and has friendly staff.
Every location I've worked at has been awesome!
Cashier/Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTNovember 15, 2018
I've worked at 3 different CFA locations and have loved each of them equally! They really take the time to educate you and help you evolve in the workplace! They strive for excellence! You find yourself continuing on that legacy once you've left!
Good Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCNovember 13, 2018
I only worked at CFA briefly, but because of my mindset at the time I did not believe it would've been a job I could've progressed in. Good place to work though.
Pros
Good Food & Sunday's Off
Best Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 13, 2018
I worked here on and off for over 3 years and absolutely loved it! Had really great management and the best coworkers. It's a great place to work although it does get busy and can get stressful.
Pros
Cons
Can get super busy
Amazing people and nice place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILNovember 9, 2018
I love working here. I will feel bad when or if i have to leave it. If you wanna nice jod with great people WORK HERE. Lots of being on your feet but thats like all fast food places.
Pros
Discount on food, advancement opertunities
Cons
On feet all day
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier, Prep (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJNovember 9, 2018
You need to be fast and alert even in stressful situations. You need to know how to communicate and work with others. The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can get when theres a rush, or a negative customer interaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is your coworkers and being able to make others happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Scheduling issues
awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 7, 2018
The managers may appear nice to the customers, but every manager I had was rude and malicious to the staff. They never got along with the lower paid staff and always thought just because they were team leaders that they were the best thing on Earth.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
awful managers, no compensation for overtime, rude owner, all around awful
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CA 92024November 7, 2018
A good place to start learning customer service and becoming accustomed to working on a team. This is a great environment to work in and train to have a good attitude.
Pros
Free food, fun team
Cons
Busy rushes in the drive thru
Don't work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2018
I would not advice anyone to work here. They don't offer no paid vacation. The management plays favoritism. If you want to move up you have to kiss butt.
Nice job, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 7, 2018
Great first job, but poor management. Honestly better working here than any other fast food place in the area. Very fast, you'll be on your feet for 8 hours but get a free meal after every shift, employee discounts and decent coworkers. Everyone loves their jobs. One of the managers often come in with an attitude, though.
Pros
Free meals, employee discounts, great workplace and manageable customers
Cons
Physically challenging
Great salary not so great management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 6, 2018
My hours were constantly being cut, I’ve been called in on days off and was sent home early more than I would’ve liked to due to high labor. This was my first working experience and I didn’t like it. I didn’t have health insurance at the time and it’s mandatory to have a doctors note when you call out even if you’re not sick. They weren’t willing to work with me despite the circumstances.
Pros
50% lunch
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 6, 2018
You have to be on your toes, because it's always busy. You should also be aware of where everything is. I learned how to work with all kinds of people. I also learned how to stock correctly.
A productive and fun workplace for anyone!
Cashier and Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
During my time at Chick-fil-A, they really helped me with things I would struggle with and made sure I was doing it correctly, that was very helpful! Everyone would be on task and ready.
Pros
50% off on your purchase.
Cons
Mangement was unfavoritable in my opinion. Though, it was overall alright.
Chick-fil-A was a hard but fun job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCNovember 4, 2018
Chick-fil-A was a friendly, but busy environment. The fast peak started at around 8am for breakfast and 12pm for lunch, and it wouldn't slow down until around 3:30. I learned how to use my time management skills as a cashier and shake maker. People often think that since Chick-fil-A is such a friendly environment that we didn't deal with rude customers or push overs, but we did. The hardest part of the job was having multiple tasks at one time in such a fast past. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was making shakes and ice cream and making the customers happy.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Have to stand outside for hours, no matter the weather
Easy to learn, work productive, friendly employees and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALNovember 4, 2018
Working cashier and unloading truck was my main job from open to close always fast-paced never a dull moment. Even to this day the comapny itself as grown tremendously
Quick paced and friendly
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ridley Park, PANovember 3, 2018
This is a great place to work at sad I had to leave but their typical day at work would start out slow till you hit lunch hour and it gets seriously busy. I learned how to make milkshakes and work a drive thru. The managers are so helpful and friendly. They are Christian, which means the company is closed on sundays. Trying to keep up during rush hour is kinda a hard part of the job. I loved meeting friendly people and working with friendly co-workers.
Semi decent but not the best
Chick fil a cashier (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKOctober 30, 2018
Very fast paced although shifts are short and hours are cut often. I worked there when they were first opening so they might be better now but it wasn't that great when I started.
Great companionship
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 30, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-a was a good experience for me, considering I was only 15 and I loved the trust they gave at such a young age. The employees are great, always in the best mood no matter what. Very professional and friendly place.
Friendly and family-like work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 29, 2018
When I did work at Chick-fil-A i enjoyed that we worked as a family. Both in and out of work. We were able to share smiles while also ensuring that our guest had quality food and service.
Pros
50% off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K