Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,925 reviews matching the search See all 11,654 reviews
Overall I thought it was worth it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALApril 23, 2019
I loved working there, it was fun and fast paced and my relationships with both employees and customers were so wonderful. The operator was kind of a jerk but my other managers were great to work with. Hours were flexible which was a must for me.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, discounts fluctuated.
Good coworkers, boring work
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 22, 2019
You'll do the same thing over and over again, so it gets boring unless you are a person who likes routine a lot. Most people who work at Chick Fil A are genuinely good people which makes working more enjoyable and a lot of the customers are nice. The worst part of the job is all the cleaning you have to do, especially if you are assigned to dining room. All you will be doing then is sweeping, wiping tables and asking people if they want refills until you are allowed to begin mopping. Chick Fil A is good with working with your schedule and the pay is good, but sometimes you feel like a child because you have to ask before doing anything, like going to the bathroom. Overall, it has it's pros and cons but I definitely feel like it is a temporary job for most.
Chick Fil A
Chick fil a cashier (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 22, 2019
A typical day at work was usually cashier and drive through. The hardest part about this job was people assuming things about me that weren't right. The most enjoyable part of this job was the free food. The workplace culture wasn't fun, I feel like I couldn't express myself how I wanted to. But I'm happy I left when I did.
Pros
Free Food
okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2019
Chick-Fil-A has a very loving work enviroment most of the time which was my favorite part. I loved building connections with customers. The down side was I feel as if employees aren't paid enough for working in a sometimes very high stress environment.
Fun workplace
Cashier/ Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32218April 19, 2019
Managers were great and team members, General Managers are HORRIBLE. Very rude and disrespectful! We were also worked after hours as minors. If you weren't able to work as much as they want they take you off the schedule and give you 1 workday a week to get you to quit instead of firing you. Mostly teenagers but they treat us them horrible and the job comes first before school they could care less. Overall it's a great work environment when the general managers aren't around. Also the Store owner knows what is going on and could care less, he is a very nice guy though.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 18, 2019
very hard to get used to the fast paced place. after awhile it gets easier always talking to customers and helping out and getting the drinks was always fun.
Pretty good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 18, 2019
I think the management at Chick-fil-A was awesome. I loved the location of the store I worked for and the people were amazing. However, my coworkers were pretty stressful and were the reason I left.
front of house
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXApril 17, 2019
Not the best job for me, things werent professional at all. I did learn a lot of things because this was my first ever job. I needed something with more pay and more professional employers
Good for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 17, 2019
I worked at a location. that was inside a mall which is no longer open.

This is a fast food job, so it's going to be fast paced and sometimes stressful, especially during peak hours. The training was pretty thorough though. Id say that if you have to pick a food service job, this is one of the cleanest, best restaurants to work at. You get a free meal for an 8 hour shift.

This company has a much more strict dress code and much higher standards than most fast food places, so keep that in mind. You are required to say "my pleasure" and will get in trouble if you dont say it. There is little to no down time and you are expected to be on your feet cleaning or stocking if you are not helping customers.

They were pretty good about working with my schedule while in was in college. The working environment itself wasnt bad. The environment in a mall store is a little different from a stand alone location that has a drive thru.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts, schedule flexibility, decent pay
Cons
Fast paced, can be stressful
Chick-fil-a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLApril 16, 2019
Chick-fil-a is a very nice workplace with friendly people and management. The typical day depends on what your assigned to like, for example, a cashier would have the responsibility of restocking supplies upfront, taking orders and managing money. I learned a lot about customer service and how to properly talk to customers. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customers who are unhappy which usually you have to just smile and be nice to them. They will say nasty things, like "you're an idiot" or "I'm never coming back here" to which you stay calm, and be nice to them. The company overall is has very good values which I respect and the managers are very respectful to you.
A wonderful Place for any Aged Worker
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAApril 12, 2019
I think the best part of working at Chick-fil-A is the people you meet there. I love all my co-workers and the customers as well. The customers rarely have complaints about any worker and all of my co-workers want to be at work and make it a better time. Really makes the hours go by.
Pros
Free meals on the days you work, flexible hours, discounts on desserts the days you work
Cons
can be stressful if you aren't used to fast paced work environments, constantly busy
A fun environment. Great co workers!
Chick fil a cashier (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTApril 12, 2019
A very happy place. You arrive start working after you punch in. It’s a restaurant so you take care of the guests needs. You ring their orders. Take the cash, then they are seated. Someone brings their order to them. Great management team sees that everything goes smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pleasant guests. Happy guests. The hardest part of the job is when it gets really busy, hard to stock and slows down everything.
Pros
A great place to work.
Cons
Too far to drive.
Decent job overall
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 12, 2019
I love most of the people I work with. Most are kind and fun to be around. Some of the Shift leaders can be a bit too uptight for just a fast food restaurant. Will say one thing though, Having to say "my pleasure" constantly gets very annoying. They are pretty good at giving you the time off you want as long as you do it a bit in advance. Overall an ok place to work at but definitely not a job to be able to do for months to a year personally.
Pros
Discount food, nice coworkers
Cons
always busy, having to say "my pleasure" all the time
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 11, 2019
For the vigorous work and super fast pace, the pay was less than ideal, but it was before the minimum wage was raised. The environment my coworkers and I made for each other to work it was great though; they made work fun and simpler.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Dysfunctional if someone doesn't know what they're doing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 10, 2019
Great to work as a college or high school student. Allows you to have flexibility if you are a student or have other priorities. Provides scholarships for college students as well. Family oriented environment.
Always busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKApril 10, 2019
At Chick-Fil-A you will never be bored. There is always something to get done. Customer service is a very big thing at Chick-Fil-A. I really enjoyed that, knowing you could treat customers how you would like to be treated.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Sometimes stressfull
Productive and fun place to work with comes with great benefits
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 9, 2019
Chick fil a is big far one of the most best places anyone could possibly work for the staff is very friendly and works together well like a big happy family.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
I loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 7, 2019
I loved working at Chick-fil-A. It was an experience I will never forget and the manager was amazing. The coworkers are extremely nice and there was never a dull moment working at chick fil a
Very efficient and fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSApril 6, 2019
A typical day at work really depended on the day of the week. Lunch and Dinner were always busy and would allow the time to go by fast. Friday's and especially Saturday's would be chaotic and there would always be a very high amount of business. I learned many communication skills and how to effectively solve problems in the best and fastest way possible. The management was pretty good. There could some improvements in some places but overall, all the managers were very thoughtful and hardworking. The workplace culture was always focused. Even if we were really slow. There is always a job to be done. The hardest part of the job is working a close/open shift. It does not happen often but when it does, it is really hard. The most enjoyable part of the job s making a difference in someone's day. Chick-fil-A has really high standards but they matter. I've never had a guest leave without a smile on their face.
Pros
One paid meal, connections, scholarship opportunity
Cons
easy to get overlooked
Fast paced and repetitive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAApril 5, 2019
The experience at CFA is overall very good, however being a large franchise it’s very fast paced and there’s always something to be doing, often you will be doing the same thing over and over again everyday you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K