Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,840 reviews matching the search See all 11,034 reviews
Poor work environment at this location
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2019
We all know that chick-Fil-a is a southern based company, but it shows at this location. There is NO COMMUNCATION between upper level management, and the rest of the staff other than a plethora of passive aggressive e-mails which are randomly sent without warning or notice. The e-mails are heavy and filled with information that should be discussed during staff meetings, however they are not. There are no staff meetings. The turnover Rate here is ASTOUNDINGLY high, with an average of 2 voluntarily resignations per week. With reasons from poor management, to mistreatment, to the disrespectful nature and attitudes of the Operater and the directors. The operater encourages her team to use militance as delegation, which often leads to at least one director, standing directly behind us as we fulfill our duties. Being sure that no one steps out of line and ready to delegate the next task to whomever he see’s fit. (Very slave master-ish). At any given moment you’re job can be taken from you for many frivolous reasons, such as, giving out too many sauces, dragging your feet while walking, failing to ask permission to use the latrine, or if the operator simply does not like you. I’ve seen these things happen with my very own eyes. I’ve heard that other Locations are not as bad as this one, however it’s become increasingly hard not to tell. Simply put, the employees here aren’t treated as though they are an essential part of the business. We’re treated like slaves, who should be greatful that we have an opportunity to work for their establishment. Employee empowerment, appreciation, or  more... loyalty is NOT practiced here. It is NOT enforced or encouraged, and I foresee many problems with this establishment in the near future. STAY AWAY FROM 42nd and Madison!!!! This is not a conducive work environment for ANYONE. Employees should be treated with respect, and afforded opportunities for their advancement regardless of personal feelings. That just isn’t the culture there at that location. Fear mongoring, lack of respect for employees, and impersonal communication runs through this establishment like the forces of evil. I worked with only ONE manager that was capable of being respectful, clear, and concise. If she were to be running the operation I’d still be there. However, she isn’t and it’s terrible that she moved all the way from the south to be told that she should be something she isn’t. A heartless drill Sargent. If you would like to work and feel respected, appreciated and HUMAN, Chick-Fil-A on 42nd and Madison is NOT the place to work. You will feel like a slave, and you will feel as though this job was given to you as a privilege and not something that you’ve earned. No new employee has made it to a six month anniversary. Myself included. I’m so disappointed in this company. It is a far cry from what I’ve heard and seen from them in the past. You all see smiles, however be hind the scenes are just terrible. I urge all of you to apply to any other location EXCEPT 42nd and Madison.  less
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Lack of respect for employees, no communication, passive aggressive behaviors, no appreciation
awesome first job!
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2019
CFA was so fun to work at, it can be very very stressful...especially during rush hour. Hated when we had to go outside in the cold. Truly was an awesome stepping stone job, didn’t plan to be there forever but my store was hard to leave but I had to find better pay, I was paid $8 and people who have been working there over a year got paid $8, no raises. They also have paid training, and my store paid for our uniforms!
Pros
free food, nice management
Cons
always busy, gets old
Looks a lot better than it is
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 8, 2019
At this establishment it's very unorganized in regards to management as most of the time the managers are nowhere to be found. Additionally, they pay minimum wage for a job much more elaborate than any other fast food restaurant. They also have too many managers that do nothing and leave no room for great workers to advance or have raises. It's also a very hostile work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor work environment
Not great pay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2018
I personally feel like overall this a good company especially if you want to learn discipline. But I feel it’s more of a job for high school and college kids. You receive a lot of direction from trainers, shift leaders and other management. It’s hard to distinguish who’s in charge and who’s not. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, because they ultimately like to keep up the image of perfection. You work long hours with only one 30 minute break, and no breaks even if you’ve a 10-12 hour shift. It’s a lot of work for very minimal pay even with restaurant experience.
Pros
Free employee meal every shift you work
Cons
No benefits, to much management, low pay
Challenging yet fun position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXDecember 3, 2018
Typically at work, I would be moved from position to position throughout the day, which helped me learn how to do everything a lot faster. Over time, I was promoted to a certified trainer where I got a $1 raise. As a certified trainer, I did 1-on-1 evaluations with the new employees, trained new/current employees on positions and daily procedures, instructed employees where they would be working for their shift, etc. The hardest part of working there was probably getting out of my comfort zone and making myself outgoing, it was also a challenge to be a certified trainer. I loved training though, and I loved the skill-set it provided me with. Chick-fil-A gave me so many lessons and skills that I will gladly take on with me throughout my life.
Pros
Sunday's off
Cons
Short breaks; management
Busy, great staff, fun, fairly easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 24, 2018
It's busy a lot except in the winter.
Many things were easy to catch on, and many things are pretty self explanatory.
Great management. They are very on top of things, orderly, easy to work with and can help with many things.
The staff are very encouraging and have a positive environment. Though it is policy to be polite, good things come from it. Since we treated the costumers with high respect, they treated us and each other with better respect.
The rush in drive-thru was the hardest part, especially when there weren't enough people doing it. Multi-tasking while taking people's orders while away from a register is common, so we had to remind ourselves their order while the customer was taking their order.
Just being there was enjoyable.
Pros
Great staff, free food during shift
Cons
Pay raised to $12 shortly after I left
Positive Environemt
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-a was an overall great experience. For me personally, I did leave. This was my first job back in the restaurant industry and it reminded me why I have avoided restaurant work for the past five years. The hourly pay was great; they did evaluations every 6 months on your performance which consisted of many details and if you have kept up with certifications, so basically not everyone recieved a pay raise or the same amount. I was a cashier so I dealt with customers first hand. Sadly, there was no training involved and there absolutely should have been. A company of this size can definitely afford to train before you step foot into the restaurant. The way the computer is layed out did not make sense to me and there is a LOT more to the menu then you realize. As a cashier I was responsible for making guests' drinks, including soda, lemonade, coffee, tea, and any ice cream. At times, this could be stressful during the lunch rush because you might have a family come in and order 4 drinks and 2 milkshakes. This takes up a LOT of time and just typically furstrates the guests' who are in line waiting on their lunch break. The guests' at my particular location were very rude and hateful towards me and the other cashiers. If you are there during your lunch break then do yourself a favor and order off the Chick-fil-a app. The management was great; they were always willing to help and always remained positive. My co-workers were great as well, always willing to help. You do recieve a free meal only during your shift. You also get a free uniform (1 top and 1 bottom),  more... the slip resistant shoes are your responsibility. One other thing I noticed about working here is that there really are no boundaries for what we do here. This is basically a place where you have to give it your all plus 110%. For me, I love helping people, but this was simply too much for me. Even I have my boundaries and know how to say 'NO' when people are asking for too much. So, if you are somebody who does not give it your all or you have your limits, you might want to reconsider working here.  less
Pros
Great hourly pay, Free meal, Free uniform
Cons
Customers
Good & bad benefits
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2018
I worked at cfa for a year and a half. It was my first job which was kind of fun but then it got bad for me. I didn’t find myself progressing and I was there longer than many new people. They were promoted and I was still a basic employee. They don’t know how to run that place. They were even more short staffed once I left. It’s a great place to learn how to develop patience and customer service skills but it’s not fun in the long run.
Pros
free employee meals only if you keep up with restaurant scores
Cons
barely get raises, poor management
Awesome
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 11, 2019
Best job ever! Best work crew and managers. Never regret going to work. Made lots of friends and love seeing customers. Best CEO ever! Only want to leave to pursue my career in the medical field.
Productive and fun place to be
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZDecember 27, 2018
The staff and management all get along. They work with you for your schedule. They have celebration to help award those who they feel have improved and they help with advancing your career.
Fun high school job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 20, 2019
Chickfila was very flexible as a high school job. It was close to my school and I could work a few hours after my classes got out. While I really enjoyed the environment, they definitely were stingy with their pay rates. I worked there for about 4 years and didn't receive any raises until about 3 months before I quit. They expect so much for minimum wage, so I decided it was time to fine a higher paying job
Awful place to work!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ingleside Shopping Center 21228January 28, 2019
The managers and owner of the Chick-fil-a Ingleside location in Catonsville are terribly unprofessional, and they discriminate. I had to leave immediately after the owners attempt to force me into telling him something I didn't want to discuss and had the right not to by law. I did not feel safe in this work environment and do not recommend it to anyone. You do not get free meals, more than one uniform unless you pay, and there are only discounts on certain items, which mainly include one unhealthy meal depending on the meal. People get fired without being told, sent home at random times, and often are forced to stay late in order to complete a coworkers job simply because managers have favoritism towards them. Working hard here will not pay off, and they make it clear they do not care about you or your well being.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no free anything but soda, toxic work environment, terrible management, unprofessional owner, most hours given to favorites or relatives.
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28273February 10, 2019
I worked at a Chick-Fil-A location in Charlotte, NC. The location I was employed at was nothing but stressful. I had the unpleasure of working with the worst supervisors and management in my years of working food/beverage. Supervisors are extremely rude (to employees and customers) and all around unprofessional. The compensation is not equivalent for the amount of work that you do. But hey, at least you get a free $5 meal every shift. I would highly discourage anyone thinking about working at any location around Carolina Place to avoid these locations. Amazing company as a whole but I consider myself lucky to have quit this company. Only good thing to come out of this place is the food. 0 out of 10.
Pros
Free meal every shift
Cons
Everything else
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 22, 2018
Awesome place to work. Great management. Great co workers. Clean work space and awesome benefits. Would recommend this place over and over again. Management is great also.
The Managers/operators are what make the store great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Except for the handful of stores I have found near my home in Belleville, IL Chick fil a is awesome, and honestly i would still be working for them if it wasn't for the horrible management from the operator and two two managers underneath him. However, the two underneath him have left and seem to be doing better, so i think it was just him. There was a gentleman that worked 15 minutes from my home and i wish i would have got hired on with him, he is now in Oklahoma or something and he was the best operator because he interacted with the customers and made the workers feel like a family. Before getting hired on sit down with about 5 workers and ask what they think of the management and do they see each other outside of work. If they can't give you an honest answer, DO NOT WORK THERE!!!!! Chick - fil - a as a whole however is an amazing company!
Pros
the company as a whole, the benefits, the customers
Cons
the management - usually, the lack of hours because they don't want to pay for health insurance
A Day in a Chick-Fil-A
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 4, 2018
A typical day at work includes taking various orders, stocking and restocking of inventory, checking in the back if they needed help or if the order was ready, and cleaning up at the end of the day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude and belligerent customers. The best part of the day was either your break, when you clock out, or cleaning up at the end of the day. The workplace culture was very welcoming and supportive. I obtained many skills from working here and am very grateful for them. Management was professional yet they still felt like family.
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 20, 2018
When I worked here, the management was very unfair. Your hours and pay was based on how well liked you were by the management, very little to do with your actual work skills. Normally only pays minimum wage with very little advancement opportunities
Cashier (taking and reviewing orders) inside and outside at the drive thru. Worked at 6am, four days a week.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 15, 2018
It was a good environment, even though the management could be handled a little bit better and more organized and more accommodating to the employees. I woke up at 5am to work 6am-2pm shifts four days a week. It was fast paced and hours went by fast, it was fun to interact with customers. The worst part is that, it was very exhausting after a shift and felt I couldn't fully focus on my school work because they didn't minimize my hours when I asked. The pay is also not very great, I got paid $8.50, it was a lot of work with running around to make sure customers have the best service possible and being outside in the hot sun for many hours at a time. I learned to stay committed and to grow where you are planted, even if your job situation may not be the most ideal situation that you want. This job taught me to stay determined in work and not give up and try my best with a good school-work-life balance, but it became too much and I decided to leave.
Pros
50% discount on a personal meal when I worked, You learn discipline.
Cons
Pay not enough for the work and stress, Did not accommodate my hours when I needed more time to study for school.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 29, 2018
The staff and management go far beyond to care and show appreciation to staff. They are outstanding at working with your schedule. They offer place for advancements
Pros
flexibility
Overall great company,but lack of benefits and growth is a deterrent.
DRIVE THRU DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHOctober 14, 2018
The company is an excellent place to start in leadership and excel to the levels above within the tiers of supervisor and leadership before you move into management.Once you get into management there aren't many opportunities to become higher management. Medical benefits are not offered and that is one of the main deterrents for long term employment especially employees with family. The pay scale is excellent in comparison to other venues of the same concept.
Pros
Excellent customer service, pride in position with company and comparable pay.
Cons
No benefits and length of service before vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55K