Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,963 reviews matching the search See all 11,899 reviews
Pretty good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2019
The job could get stressful at times but was overall pretty good. I learned how to work a cash register, management was really fair and nice. Hardest part of the job? The large amount of customers at certain key times like lunch and dinner.
Great working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2019
Awesome quick on your feet and learning something new you have to be fit for the job and you have to be well prepared and ready to work hard and everything,
Pros
Free food time off
Cons
Great co-workers and fun place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 24, 2019
Loved and cherished my time working there! Great place to work and lovable co-workers that will keep you from ending it all. Very stressful during weekends and summer.
Pros
Free lunches, cool co-workers, fun place, flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks, stressful
fun and friendly place to work
Mastered both cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2019
the workload is fairly easy but costumers are asking for things left and right. it is your job to attend each and every customer with the same respect and attentiveness.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
fast paced
It was terrible.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAMay 22, 2019
It was terrible working at Chic-Fli-A because we only got a 20 minute break, They have no breakroom or place to put your food unless you want to just put an ice pack in it then it can go in the office. The only good thing was the coworkers were nice to me and whenever they weren't they would be after me talking to management about it. Managers who worked there half of them were great the other half had an attitude. Multiple times I felt like I'd pass out from working so long but only getting a 20 minute break. I barely could eat the food it was so disgusting. If they had a breakroom and gave more slack for employees being sick then there would of been a better chance of me liking it there. My favorite part of the day was whenever I could leave. Don't work here if "you plan on getting sick the first month you work there" :) oh or if you're pregnant and feel sick all the time its definitely not worth it. Waffle house could probably be better.
Pros
Most of the coworkers were nice, i got fulltime hours in the first week of working there, $7 meal (you can get the CFA sandwich, spicy or nuggets), They pay for your uniforms but shoes!
Cons
Short breaks, No breakroom, not enough people working there, have to buy nonslip shoes, jackets for there cost so much
poor management
Cashier, Drive Thru order taker, customer service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 22, 2019
the management was bad they never told you that you matter or are a big part of the team everyone thinks that chick-fil-a is a big family but they don't treat you like family. there was a couple of managers that no longer work there but they were the best they made you feel great inside
Pros
free food for breaks
Cons
15 mins break, poor management, some mangers were rude, a lot of managers with other managers didn't get along.
Comfortable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 22, 2019
Chick-fil-A was comfortable for me to work at while I was in college. I made great friends there and enjoyed working there for the most part. It was a very busy, fast paced environment that was often physically demanding.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, busy, exhausting
Love the Chick-fil-A team
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2019
Chick-fil-A treats you like family and respects their employees. There is always room for growth and opportunity. There is always employee appreciation! Managers are nice, they have their days but that is everywhere in the work place. Love the fun and nice culture they have. Everyone is welcoming and accepting.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
Short breaks (30 minutes)
Fast-paced environment of customer service
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMay 21, 2019
Great place to work, high turnover leads to somewhat unpredictable environment. I loved working in customer service, but found that some who see the job as just a paycheck slack off, so I often had to work extra to make up for them.
Chick-fil-A Employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 21, 2019
Working at Chick-fil-A has been an eye-opening experience overall. This has been my first, real "job". This job has taught me a multitude of skills, from improvement of customer service to simply holding casual conversations with customers and recommending new products. While this job has provided me with these new skills, my time for this job has come to an end. I feel as though I can excel beyond this job, and continue to help people within a new company.
Pros
Free lunches, nice breaks
Cons
Minimum wage pay, other employees
My Daily Chick-fli-A Experience
Cashier, Runner, Headset (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 21, 2019
Normally I would come into around everyday around 2:30pm. My first act of mission was to stock! Stock! Stock! By immediately coming into to work doing this, this would allow night shift to have a smoother and successful evening at work. Once I was done I would either get placed on Headset, Face to Face, Bagger or Front counter cashier. The management and team work was always excellent because everyone always came in with a positive attitude and a ready to work attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on my customers face's, that empowered me to know that I was doing a job well done. The hardest part was when we closed at nights. I and my team members would be tired and ready to go home however we kept a steady pace to clean so that we could get out on time.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
The breaks were shorter if your food was late getting to you.
A great place to work and love the atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 20, 2019
It was a very laid back job and a very fun plae to work. The manager was very helpful and easy to work with. It was a clean place to work and it was drama-free workplace.
I would never have work here if I knew what they were like.
Chick fil a cashier (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 20, 2019
This has been the worst 3 years of my life. They have no sympathy or empathy for their employees or their situations. I have been threatened and humiliated in front of customers and staff. I am trying to find a new job and I have no other reference and they have lied and sabotaged. Never get a job at chick fil a in Florida!!!!!!
Cons
Productive work place, enjoyed the people and environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 20, 2019
I overall enjoyed working at Chick-fil-a, it was typically fast pace and kept us very busy throughout the days which made time go by faster. I enjoyed the people I worked with, as well as my managers which made my experience enjoyable as well.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short break, paid for own break food
It's an awesome reference job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAMay 20, 2019
This experience has gotten me into service industry jobs alone just because everyone knows the customer service aspect of CFA is above and beyond the standard. The job gave me a lot of skills that I will take with me for everything I do from communicating effectively and politely to multitasking. Managers when I worked there sucked. Very cliquey environment. Kitchen was rude. Shift leads were a hit or miss with being nice people. There were a handful of genuine people there, the rest.. just no. Owner was also never there.
Pros
Great on service industry applications, no Sundays
high standards for employees
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2019
actions and verbage use closely monitered at all times.

a typical day is structured based on whether or not you're opening or closing the store. constantly refilling cups and condiments.
Pros
set hours
Cons
high expectations low pay
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 17, 2019
We provide excellent customer service to anybody who comes into the restaurant. We strive to make your meal and your stay as pleasant and as excellent as we can. Your happiness is our pleasure.
A Chick-fil-a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 17, 2019
A typical day at work includes taking customers orders and making drinks for their meals. During the summer cashiers also had to go outside to take drive-thru orders; especially during the lunch rush, sometimes in 90-degree weather. The management at the location I worked at was very poor and employees quit frequently due to a hostile work environment.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Okay for a first job
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 16, 2019
The job is great but I do not feel appreciated as a worker and have been working for this company for 2 years and have not been offered a raise yet. The amount of work I put into this job and the amount of pay I receive does not match.
Pros
Free break food
Cons
Pay
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 16, 2019
Chick-Fil-A is an incredible company to work for. The job itself is quick paced, and very community oriented, but incredibly rewarding. It gives you a broader look at the community around you and a chance to develop relationships with those around you while learning life long skills and job experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K