Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Challenging and fast-paced atmosphere that is rewarding to someone who cares for serving others on a regular basis
Director of Training (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJuly 8, 2018
I have been with Chick-fil-A one and off since I was 17 years old. The company has gone above and beyond to ensure my personal and professional growth and development. I have been given the opportunity to travel with Chick-fil-A and go to training seminars. It is amazing the opportunities that are available if one is willing to work for them!
Wonderful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2018
A great company to work for.
Lots of opportunity to move up.
Can be stressful.
Management can be better.
The best part about the job is the people you work with.
Not as good as it seems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJuly 8, 2018
They have the weirdest rules. They scheduled me to be only dining room during lunch hours with no help. There were many days when I got not breaks or lunch. Not only that, I hate the fact that a restaurant would sen their employees, who handle food all day, to clean both the men and the woman bathrooms. There was a lot of work to do. Each manager would tell me to do one thing, then another would yell at me to do something else. There was no winning at this job. Needless to say, I quit because the stress was actually making me sick.
Pros
One free meal if you have a shift that day
Cons
Clean toilets, tables, and kids messes.
Productive learning environment
hospitality, cashier, counter, drive-thru (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
Walk in to work with a big smile on my face. Ready to serve the next guest. Taking orders while making sure each customer gets their meal in time and accurately! Multi-tasking is a huge part of this job. Being able to take an order on headset while preparing beverages or our delicious, hand-spun, milkshakes.
Pros
Free meal up to 6.50 whenever I work, Get to make personal connections, Learn about accuracy and punctuality.
Cons
No benefits, poor staff.
Not the best
Kitchen prep (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJuly 8, 2018
If your not in the "in" group your on the outside looking in. Management doesn't really listen to your concerns and allow team leaders to talk to you any kind of way without respect
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits and not enough hours
Solid company and place to work, lacks management
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 8, 2018
Your basic expectations for back of house are fast efficient food prep and maintaining a clean work environment. At the end of the night you clean up the store and lock up. Overall the work isn't bad and the pay is alright. The management of this particular Chick-fil-A is a little dysfunctional.
Great people to work with
Cook (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 8, 2018
The values of Chick-fil-a allow for excellent and hard-working people to find employment. I worked with some of the most kind people I have ever met in my life. If your job was hard, they would do anything to make it easier, while being a leader and showing you how to improve. Working for this company was one of the best job experiences I have ever had.
Pros
Foooooddd
Cons
grease in the kitchen was a pain
Great Team to Be Part Of!!
Hospitality Professional (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCJuly 8, 2018
Amazing company to work for! All about family and fun, not just focused on work. You wouldn't regret it...Management staff is awesome and helps you every step of the way if you need it.
Poor Working hours but fun people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 7, 2018
Near the end of my working life at CFA I was getting very few hours and would often times be called in for a 2-3 hour shift which wasnt worht my drive to get to work. They only needed people for the rush they got for lunch and sent people home early.
Pros
Free Meal after 5 hours
Cons
Often Called back from break early
Fast and Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 7, 2018
Very fast paced work environment but definitely a fun work environment with great co-workers. They set goals but makes the day fun and easy goings. Would definitely recommend.
It felt like a second family
Team Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2018
Working at chick fil a since i was 15 it felt very family oriented. It did progress over the years, but as the company progressed, love and culture became a stranger to the business. It was strictly business, not many customers and guests were coming in as if a home cooked meal was about to be absorbed. It felt literally like a fast food restaurant. Where you stop and go. So many people were hired and many hours of old workers were cut short. During the time we were under corporate, the times were the best. We got to interact with business leaders all over the country.
It was a fast paced work space but the team made it not only fun but interesting everyday and it was a wonderful first job
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 7, 2018
My take on chick fil a is that it is a great place to work an grow experience especially with a fast paced environment because almost everyday it was packed but that’s what really makes the experience and what grows you as a worker/person.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Scheduling
Great job while in school
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 6, 2018
Chick Fil A has been an amazing company to work for, especially while in school. The managers have worked around my hectic school schedule and still made sure I got enough hours or helped me to cover shifts if something came up last minute. After working here for 3 years I feel like my coworkers have become my family.
Pros
free meals, flexible hours
Great experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 6, 2018
Everytime I came to work I always felt like I was home. The friendly environment with people wanting to be there always was easy to be apart of. The food was excellent and the way they take care of their employees says a lot about what the company truly stands for.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
Chick fil a is a very great place to work, you meet friendly people everyday the food is great outstanding customer service very thing about chick fil a is great
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No break
enjoyable place of employment
Cook/New associate trainer (Former Employee) –  Neshaminy, PAJuly 6, 2018
The typical day would begin preparing soups, stocked supplies for the day, filet chicken and assist other emloyees if necessary for opening. Once the store was opened for business I would prepare orders in a timely matter.
Working at Chick fil A was a pleasure. All employees were upbeat and pleasant to work with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No health insurance
Fun place to work at
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLJuly 6, 2018
It was a great place to work at. Amazing customers and loved creating connections with them. Co-workers and managers were not too mature. Personally, I was never put on anything other than registers for no reason other than certain people wanting to talk to friends.
Collaborative work environment
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 6, 2018
Working for Chick-Fil-A helped me develop and enhance exquisite customer service skills. I learned the importance of communication and teamwork, and developed a strong philosophy of always thinking for and about the customer.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not enough hours at the time
Its a solid job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 6, 2018
its a solid job where you stay busy at a pace where you just get into the flow of work. if you are lucky enough to have good coworkers then it makes the place more enjoyable
Very stressful way way too much no respect
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 6, 2018
Not all chic filet A practice there mission it wasnt the company the company is great it was the people on the job drama stressful lets just say i seen alot tnings but im greatgul for the customer setvice experience and workshops it helped me snd taught me mot yo be a hortoble boss thanks to the Ceo Like i said the company is good its the management
Pros
Great workshops free meals and excellence CEO
Cons
Unprofessinal mansgers In the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K