Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Chick Fil A
Front of House and Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with my fellow employees and helping customers with their needs as well as being able to be the cow for special occasions. I did not have the best manager and was scheduled several times during my school hours causing me to miss classes and was fired for missing work due to me having ongoing medical appointments requiring regular infusion treatments that they were aware of before I was hired,
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
Management Schedules and hours are too low
n/a
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
the newest chic-fil-a was ran by people who really did not know what they were coming into when they moved to new york to open the one on fulton st. but there was a lot of things they needed to work on and it was mainly communication.
Pros
discounts on food, parties, events
Cons
short breaks, bad communication
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 10, 2018
Work is fairly easy, but needs a good memory and accuracy. The people I ended up working with in the end had neither, and would express their stress by yelling at the other employees. As someone who is good at my job, this was very frustrating.
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2018
great enviroment to work at and plenty of fun people. The free food is great and people that come there are so nice. Great place overall and fun to be at
Great chick fil a
Front counter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77024October 10, 2018
I enjoyed working there but fast food just wasn't for me. Employees were nice and friendly. Definitely made you feel like everyone was a family there.
It was ok
Guest Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2018
Crazy, hectic, non stop. Some people are friendly, some are not. It has a lot of turn over. The managers are not supportive of each other or the crew.
Good work for students
Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILOctober 10, 2018
The hours were flexible but managers are always asking part timers to work more hours. Quick promotions and easy to learn through their training programs.
Pros
free lunches based on team performance
Cons
no benefits
Chick fil a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2018
Very fast paced, everyone has a role. They work very well as team players. Everyone is always happy, their good about helping you in school and advancing in the career.
Fast-paced job with pleasant coworkers but relatively unpleasant management.
Front of House Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work involved checking the board for your position and doing as you're told. The lunch rushes were complicated enough, and were made more so by harsh managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children and exchanging their toys for ice cream cones.
Pros
Employee meals (6.50 subtotal or under for breakfast, 7.50 or under for lunch)
Cons
Short breaks, lack of constructive speech, favoritism
Great place for a first job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 10, 2018
Excellent management, everyone was very well trained in every aspect. Outstanding customer service. High stress job but you stay very busy so thye time goes by very quickly.

Want to know more about Chick-fil-A?

Ask a question
It’s a great place to start!
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 10, 2018
Chick-fil-A has given me countless opportunities that I have happily embraced. The management is amazing and I definitely recommend working at North Collins in Arlington because it’s the best one out there. I do, however, have a problem with the wages because I feel like one must jump through hoops in order to get a decent raise. Overall, it’s a good place to start and it has definitely opened me up as a person.
Pros
$5 credit each lunch (pay the difference after that), 50% off of catering trays (limited), leadership opportunities
Cons
Always busy (can be good, but you need to breathe sometimes), May not always get a break, could be paid better, going outside to take orders in the heat or cold
A stressful workplace where everyone works very hard and together.
Hospitality Professional/Drive Thru Captain (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, COOctober 10, 2018
A day at work looks like when I arrive that hard work starts right away and then very early in my shift I get a short 30 minute break that is unpaid. Then its back to work for the rest of my shift (up to 7 hours).
Nice work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLOctober 9, 2018
Super fun place to work. Managers are super down to earth. Although it gets super busy, everything is very organized. I enjoyed my coworkers and the connections i made during my employment.
Pros
Free meal
Gotta start somewhere
Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 9, 2018
Its hard work, especially during busy hours. Boring. Doing the same thing everyday, all day. Very repetitive. Only work here short term. Not long term job.
Can be a fun place to work
Cashier and food (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 9, 2018
This was my first job. Easy job, high volume and quick paced restaurant. I would receive my duties upon arriving to work. Cashier and Table cleaner
Pros
Fun as a kid to work at.
Cons
no room for advancment
Very fast paced but fun!
Team member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 9, 2018
When I first started training, it was very stressful because of how quick you have to move during rushes, but once you get a flow going and learn the basics, you'll develop your own system and be just as quick as everyone else! I loved coming to work pretty much every day, and it really is great to put a smile on your customer's faces. Make your job YOUR job and take care of your customers!!
Pros
great team work, get trained for most stations
Great service, Great Paychecks, Great food, and Great people.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 9, 2018
This is an overall great place to work if you are looking for some place to work. Great environment, and the people are bery polite all of the time.if you are lookin for a secure job thwn this is the place for you.
Pros
Free lunches every once in a while
Cons
Short breaks
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2018
chick-fil-a was very fast pace. the company itself wasnt bad i actually liked it. i had some issues with a coworker and a manager. you have to complete tasks before you can get any of the discounts they offer.
Pros
the company was good
Cons
manager and wife both worked there
Typical day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 8, 2018
A typical day consisted usually of very fast paced duties with constant pressure. The need to find something to do at Chick-fil-a was none like I have ever experienced. You would feel weird if you were not doing anything as everyone was constantly doing something to ensure stability. A good job for teens and young adults but would not recommend for a long-term career.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, not many benefits
Favorite Job so far
Team Member, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT 84604October 8, 2018
I loved working here. I also had such amazing co-workers that we’re friendly and fun to be around, yet we always still got the job done. It was fast-paced which I really loved instead of being bored. The management is really great as well, and discounts on the food was always a plus. If you asked to be cross-trained they’ll always try and help you and work something out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K