Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced.... no down time
Front Counter Worker (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 6, 2017
Every leader is Hispanic and does not work well under pressure or when its busy. Well, they don't work well period. You could work very hard but make one mistake and the managers are down your throat. They expect you to be a smiling robot that its only emotion is happiness.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, fast-paced and tiring
great first job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AL 35404December 6, 2017
Great first job. Can be a fast pace and a little stressful, but mostly relaxed. Also depends on the location you work at. Some get more business than others.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 6, 2017
My short time as a Chick-fail-A employee was amazing. I enjoyed working here so much everyday I looked forward to going to work. It’s not everyday that somebody enjoys their job rather than complain about having to go to work, but working at Chick-fil-A I have never complained once. I can really say I loved my job.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly customers, friendly co-workers, etc.
Cons
Some angry customers
Challenging and Rewarding
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2017
Family culture, but difficult work/life balance. Hard work is rewarded with pay increases and upward advancement. Insurance benefits and some paid vacation available.
nice co workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLDecember 5, 2017
CFA is a great place for teens who are looking for their first job as it provides them with a sense of responsibility and accountability. Good way to enter the workforce.
Pros
meal voucher
Cons
not always best at communication, short breaks
Good
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  8673 Summit Centre Way Orlando, FloridaDecember 5, 2017
Had a good time working at this place that was so great. Fun time, good people. Care given, happy time. The people care about stuff and things and life is great.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 5, 2017
A typical day at the Chick-Fil-A I am currently employed at is usually a little busy. Most of the employees generally attempt to work together. Although there are the average problems, usually a day goes by pretty productive and enjoyable. Although it has its stressful moments, majority of the employees know how to handle them. Honestly, things can be quite frustrating frequently. I have learned how to ignore the negativity and problems to have a good day at my Chick-Fil-A.
Bad owner do not work here
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CADecember 5, 2017
Owner does not know how to run a business well. When I worked here she wouldn't give us towels, we were constantly under-staffed she'd schedule people so they couldn't take a 30 by scheduling them at weird times such as 5:35-close which makes them ineligible to take a 30. She would fire people once they put in their two weeks, she doesn't connect with employees at all, and when she was actually in the store she would just sit in her office and stare at the cameras and watch us, then come out and confront us if we do one little thing wrong.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
everything else
Productive workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2017
I have been working for Chick-Fil-A for about a month now. I am a team member and I run the line, I assemble the food and package it, so it can be distributed to the customers. During this time, I have learned to close the store late at night and even open the store early in the morning. I can usually run the line by myself when it’s not lunch rush. My daily responsibilities are to restock and clean. When I close I must help clean the whole store which includes scrubbing down everything, washing dishes, restocking and compacting all trash. When opening, I must turn everything on, reassemble the line to make sure we are ready to open, and in the mornings, I make some breakfast food items.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible management
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 5, 2017
Terrible management, minimum pay, no advancement opportunities, very hipocriticle to their customers, very dirty environment behind the counter where customers dont look, would only let us take breaks every 8 hours worked
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
No free lunches
Positive environment with friendly employees all around.
Back of House Coordinator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 5, 2017
Chick-Fil-A is really the best of fast food. Competitive pay, friendly co workers all around, and some good food. They are usually also very busy and fast paced environments which can make the day go by faster. Unfortunately the leadership team kept adding useless leadership roles and positions and the back of house director was clueless about his job duties, therefore provided no feedback or anything helpful to the regular employees.
Pros
free food, flexible hours
Cons
leadership, super busy
Good place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 5, 2017
Good place to work for they r a Christian company and treat people good nice manager owner is ok to the only problem I had there is they wouldn't give me any acomidations coming right out of a major surgery and I rehurt my back do to that
Great place
Hiring and Training Director/HR (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 5, 2017
CFA is a great place to work for and with. I learn something new everyday I love that it is teaching me to grow and develop. Many opportunities to adv acne in the company
Nice place to work with good schedule flexibility.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 5, 2017
Chick-fil-A is a good place to work. l have built good relationships here that will last a lifetime. All the employees are as advertised and friendly to everyone.
productive and fast paed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 5, 2017
clock in and get right to work
i learned how to multitask
managemant was good
very fast paced
i would have to say cleaning at night there is a lot that goes into cleaning there
the interaction with others
Pros
free break meals
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work and good advancement
Team Leader/ Hiring Management (Current Employee) –  Camden, DEDecember 5, 2017
It is a very fast paced with a lot of action. Your enjoyment can be determined by the Operator or GM because if they aren't good then life won't be great. I was lucky enough to have a great Operator that was really hands on and one on one with our crew.
productive
Kitchen Crew Member (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 5, 2017
Chick fil A is a pretty decent restaurant to work at. The food is great, the customer service policies are respectable, and there is a cool workplace culture.
fun place but stressful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 5, 2017
Fun place to work also just some stuff where stressful. When our manager would scream at us all the time. I dont have a lot to say about this job it was just a temporary job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great Entry Level Job
Full-Time Kitchen Director (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 5, 2017
Chick-fil-a, as with most fast food franchises, is great as an entry level job for people looking to get started in the workplace. It can however, get incredibly stressful during peak periods and in my experience this is also where the "team-oriented" aspect of the job completely falls apart. Across three different stores, drama and angst were always incredibly present when things weren't going right.
Pros
Lunch allowance per 5hr or more shift, paid well with opportunities for raises
Cons
Stressful, Lack of Team-Mindedness, Drama
productive
Server and Cook (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 5, 2017
I really enjoy work with my team members because they were so cooperative,understanding and helpful .I learn not just how to work but even team work in harmony.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.