Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

culture is great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 11, 2018
this is a great location, free meal when you work that day, 20 percent when you dont. everyone is cool. wish we had better benifits and pay pretty much
Pros
employee meals and 20 percent discounts
Cons
No paid vaca, insurance or anything for full-time, pay is weird
TL;DR Fast-paced, but rewarding.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 11, 2018
Working at Chik-fil-a is a come and go thing. Be prepared for long and arduous lunches, But free food and a fun and safe workplace Management plays a big part in your time there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch rush
Over worked place to have a career
FOH Server (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 10, 2018
It might have just been the situation this place wasn't for me. To many chiefs not enough Indians, it was full of new rules nothing ever was the same with management.
Pros
Free lunch and discounts
Cons
Overworked underappreciated no care for employees
Good for first time job experience, flexible hours. Will work with your schedule
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJFebruary 10, 2018
Working at Chick Fil A was my first job and gave me and I'm glad it was. Even though it was a fast food job, they are the best when it comes to getting top notch customer service experience.
Pros
Free or Half Priced Meals, Sundays Off
Cons
Temperamental Management
Great job if you are just looking to be a team member
Front Counter/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 10, 2018
I learned many management skills in my classes that I was able to carry over to the workplace, because I was in a leadership role. I created a few lasting relationships here that I am thankful for.
Poor management can ruin a location
General Manager of Chick-fil-a of Carolina Forest (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 10, 2018
I enjoyed most of my tenure at Chic-Fit-a, unfortunately rapid changes in ownership of the store made the environment hostile and intolerable. I would only recommend working at a CFA location after meeting personally with the Operator.
Pros
Respected job, potential advancement
Cons
Abusive management
Fun until it’s not
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Starts off when you clock in and you wait till someone tells you where to go, which is not what I like. Certain times it’s slow, and we don’t have anything to do we just look at each other, out the drive thru aimlessly, or at dry food. When it’s busy it get’s really hectic and frustrating. The manager has no clue what’s going on half the time, and says “ do something”, what would you like me to do. Very unclear. Outside is easier than inside because, you’re dealing with one car at a time, and it is always steady business. No managers breathing down your neck. It’s a fun environment until it gets busy then the manager has no idea how to delegate the workload, get’s flustered and blames it on the staff.
First job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2018
As a first job it was nice for me to start. Learning second hand service and learning how to grow work ethics. Communicating and have mentors teach you how to their systems go is great. Having to know that you have superiors that are there for you.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Not able to manage their schedules, the inconvenience and the inconsistency. Managers pressuring you. Negative atmosphere.
Loved Working Here
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Southern Illinois University EdwardsvilleFebruary 9, 2018
I worked at a chick-fil-a express. We only served salads, grilled and fried sandwiches, and nuggets. It was fast-paced at times, but some times were more slow. I loved working at chick-fil-a. If I could work there again, I would.
Great Workplace
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2018
It was a good workplace for my first time working in a food industry based job. It wasn't bad at all, my co-workers were very friendly and help me a lot through my training.
It’s a nice place, not so much business
Kitchen Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Not getting raise I feel like I deserve. Not getting much business in the store overall in the last couple of months but just waiting on better opportunities.
Pros
50% off
Cons
No free meals on account of someone stealing food. He was fired
Family orientated
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Chick-Fil-A is a good place to work when you find the correct location to work. When you find the place that feels like home you know its the right location. You need to be able to be kind and humble while helping others because if one of you fails you all fail.
Opportunities and Elevation
Team Member/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I learned multiple new task that resulted in happy customer experience. I gained long lasting relationships with the community and visitors. I felt very comfortable dining in for a meal with family and friends. My work ethic was an outstanding yet challenging experience. I liked tasking multiple activities and inventory of the production. I enjoyed the physical mobility and space available. I found the long hours outside in torturing weather not so pleasurable. Managers made obvious much favortism and not enough correct criticism. The scheduling was so unpredictable viand was a disadvantage to a mass amount of workers as well as myself. The company grew in supply and demand and yet not in sincere care for its foundation of new and and inspiring workers. I have learned to serve my purpose under dislike and determination of focal relative and essential creativity.
Pros
Starting pay, Friendly approaches, clean environment
Cons
Dislayed evaluations, Critical Ladder Position, and not enough outreach
Great job and great first job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Loved the people I met there and I’m glad I worked there. I worked kitchen and it was a great experience and helped me through high school and honestly my life.
Pros
Great people
Very stressful work place
Kitchen/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Very busy work days. I learned a lot, became a back of house trainer. The management sucked really bad. It was really to do my job and someone else's.
Pros
people feel like family, you get close to everyone wether you work up front or the back, worked together so lead to getting close.
Cons
horrible management, do everything ourselves then getting in trouble for not doing it right, a lot of old machines
Caring and Loving people
Cashier/Expo/Server/Dining (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Working at Chick-Fil-A was super fun. Everyone is so supportive and loving and thanks to that I've became a reliable employee. Also it made me provide excellent customer service to our customers.
It's a fun place to work at and also a good place to start building your experiences
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Its a place where you are very included and if you ever need help, there will always be someone hopping in to help. Also, from the day you start, you will be learning something new everyday.
Pros
Discounts and free lunch
Best first job
Casheir (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-a really introduced me to gaining patience and maturity at a young age, learning how to deal with different people and taking care of responsibility.
Not the most enjoyable, but a good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 8, 2018
It isn't a place to work at if you want to really enjoy your work, unless you enjoy constantly smiling and doing every single detail perfectly without fail, though it was a good first job that offers scholarships and such to its employees. I personally left because I did not get the hours I needed, and because of a poor management transition.
Pros
discounts
Cons
little to no break time, poor managers
Busy and fun
OFFICE ASSISTANT, CUSTOMER RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 8, 2018
Chick fil a is a fun and busy place to work. The customers are fun to be able to serve. They are a friendly group of people to work with and for. Would recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K