Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Very fast paced, but poor management
Kitchen Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 3, 2017
The work space was fast paced and you are expected to work above your pay grade for several months before they will consider promoting you. It can be rewarding but overall it is very tiresome .
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on everything else
Cons
poor management, very labor intensive
Decent for Students
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 2, 2017
This was a nice enough place to work as a student. However, the management was lacking as they did not work on specific tasks as frequently as other team members.
Teenager work
Cashier/Cook/Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 2, 2017
Not really hard boring, no advancement, bad manager, Didn't learn a ton, good workplace clean nice good people, hardest part clean up, most enjoyable part sandwich competitions.
Fast paced, always busy
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 2, 2017
Fast paced shift went by quickly but exhausting, manger was great, operator was unfriendly to employees. Hardest part is always putting the job first.
Pros
Free meal on shift
Cons
Long shifts with short breaks
Good for students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 2, 2017
This is a good first job. There isnt very much room for growth. Managers are typically young so thats the biggest problem. Very immature! Closed on Sunday is a plus.
Pros
Work with schedule, good pay to start
Cons
No benefits and management is not good
Productive, fast paced, motivational.
Training director (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 1, 2017
They are a great company to work for. The business values are phenomenal and the management is always great. The only bad thing is the lack of benefits.
Pros
Teaches values
Cons
No benefits
Young Disrespectful Managers
FOH Server (Former Employee) –  Eagles landing, GADecember 1, 2017
Not a bad place to work. The work is hard but you can get over that. It’s the young disrespectful supervisors that make your job miserable. They have no idea how to be leaders and none of them know how to talk to people. They do not give you a lot of training. They throw you into a position show you how to do it for a couple of hours and then blame.everything that is wrong on the new workers. It’s an okay place to work if you don’t plan on staying there long but don’t make a career out of it.
Pros
Pay, discount lunch
Cons
Training, management
Fun/good first job
Night kitchen (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2017
You learn a lot of good skills that you can use for future jobs, employees will make you feel at home, management is a constant bother but manageable. Overall a great place to start out.
Pros
Break every 4 hours or so and the employees.
Cons
Half paid meals, have to work hard for a small raise.
very fun and great experience.
Fast-food (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2017
As great the environment was the tasks were even more intriguing to me. I had to answer phone calls to customers, got to learn to have amazing customer service, Outside order, Window orders, cash register orders, custodial, and events/mascot. Even starting my new job Jersey Mikes i had customers from Chick-fil-A recognized me and greeted me well.
Pros
Fun to talk with customers and be in an upbeat environment.
Cons
management
Nice company, but the store makes a difference
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 30, 2017
Working for Chick-Fil-A is relatively simple and is very fun, especially the guests. I honestly think they were the reason I loved working there. Chick-Fil-A honed my leadership skills, speed, sense of urgency, and my customer service skills. The only issue i had was the store that i worked in due to management. There was too much discord between the management team, and they sometimes forget that they are at work speaking to employees, not young adults and/or acquaintances.
Pros
Hours. general atmosphere
Very Serious
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILNovember 30, 2017
People are nice, but if you share anything negative to others, you get questioned about it later. I was telling a coworker about how someone left a diaper in the hygiene box in the women's bathroom and was asked if i enjoy my experience at the company. A typical day would include taking orders through drive thru or register, making lemonade or tea, bagging food.
Pros
50% off when you work that week, 100% off after a 6+ hour shift.
Fun people, productive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 30, 2017
Working a Chick-Fil-A was fun and quick paced. My co-workers and managers all got along well while working together to complete a task. The job would become stress full at times based on how fast paced it would become at times.
Pros
free food
High Energy workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTNovember 30, 2017
A typical day at work was very high speed they are always busy so you are always doing something. I learned how to work more as a team rather then as an individual and how to properly communicate with people. The management team is very good, they are very understanding and friendly people. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the high speed. The most enjoyable part is the relationships you make with the team and the guests that come into the restaurant.
Pros
30 minute break, one free meal before your shift, one 50% off dessert before, after, or during your shift.
Cons
No benefits
Cook
Cook/Kitchen Prep (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 30, 2017
My job was to provide customers with excellent quality food to nourish themselves for the countless activities each person may partake throughout their day. The willingness to communicate and work cohesively as a team was a vital part in ensuring the satisfaction of each and every customer.
It was great working there but It was just too many people working and I wasn't getting enough hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 30, 2017
I liked working their. I just wasn't getting hours and I didn't get paid too good. My managers were great and the people I worked with were terrific but I don't think fast food was meant for me.
Fun quick paced work place with alot of energy
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PANovember 29, 2017
The chick fil a family takes care of each other and the job itself is very reliant on working with others. I had a great time working there but due to college relocation was needed. Even with relocation they told me if i ever decided to come back i would have a job lined up, ready for me.
Productive and fun with coworkers
Kitchen/Shift Manger (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 29, 2017
It would be very fun during working the line to get food out or taking orders with customers. I learned more responsibility and customer service. The management was amazing and very friendly. The culture was amazing and always had christian music playing. The hardest part is working lunch and running out of food. The most enjoyable part had to be when I worked morning and we had fun during a rush.
Pros
Fifty percent of food
Cons
no healthcare unless injured
great place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 29, 2017
Great atmosphere and company wouldnt have left if my hours didnt get cut, Fun job overall I loved my regular customers Dan was an amazing boss very understanding
Pros
Great pay
It’s there
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2017
I really like working there, but it’s just some of the other team member that don’t realky cooperate with me. And some of them are rude. But it’s a good place to learn things if you’re used to a quick pace job and can learn really fast
Pros
Free lunch. Nice managers, fast paced and forgiving
Cons
Short break. Favored employees
It's Alsome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDNovember 29, 2017
Working there was fast and enjoyable. Its was too far to travel to work. The people there had great attitudes and always up beat. The manager there was the best manager I ever had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.