Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,299 reviews
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 6, 2018
Each location is a little different depending on the owner/operator but you’re always treated well no matter who you are. My operator in particular likes to race all of his employees at their station and if you can beat him, he sometimes gives you a raise or bonus!
Pros
Free lunch, scholarships
Cons
Customers, no health or retirement benefits
Friendly place to work fast pace very busy must be able to multitask
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  UniNovember 6, 2018
“Love people serve chicken is”
Second mile service for guests,they aim to please all who come to eat
Typical day of work is fun but busy
Everyone helps each other
What I realize by coming into the working world
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 6, 2018
I have learned that you will have to work hard everyday and have a good attitude every time you come to work. It made a difference on how I see things today. I also realize that being nice and polite to people will get you very far in Life
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lack of people
Great salary not so great management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 6, 2018
My hours were constantly being cut, I’ve been called in on days off and was sent home early more than I would’ve liked to due to high labor. This was my first working experience and I didn’t like it. I didn’t have health insurance at the time and it’s mandatory to have a doctors note when you call out even if you’re not sick. They weren’t willing to work with me despite the circumstances.
Pros
50% lunch
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 6, 2018
You have to be on your toes, because it's always busy. You should also be aware of where everything is. I learned how to work with all kinds of people. I also learned how to stock correctly.
Amazing
Marketing Assistant/ Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2018
I was really happy working at Chick-fil-A it was a lot of fun and I wish that I could potentially become a marketing director or assistant in the future. Although I left Chick-fil-A do to a advancement and career, I would go back tomorrow!
Great values
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCNovember 6, 2018
Good pay, great management. Only issues are young supervisors and very busy. Sometimes hard to get a break due to customer traffic. Usually get a free meal during a shift.
workplace culture
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2018
The environment as the Chick-fil-A I worked at was tolerable yet not fair to regular employees. The focus was constantly on the team leaders and managers only. Not enough attention was payed to regular employees at all.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits if you are a minor
A productive and fun workplace for anyone!
Cashier and Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
During my time at Chick-fil-A, they really helped me with things I would struggle with and made sure I was doing it correctly, that was very helpful! Everyone would be on task and ready.
Pros
50% off on your purchase.
Cons
Mangement was unfavoritable in my opinion. Though, it was overall alright.
Chick-fil-A
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 6, 2018
My experience working at Chick-fil-A was overall pretty good. Of course everyone wishes they were paid more, but I do not think it could have been a better experience. I love management team and it felt like home.
Pros
Free food on Breaks, Great people
Cons
Long hours, High stress
Calm environment and relaxed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHNovember 6, 2018
Good place to work! The environment isn’t stressful and all the people who a joy to work with. However, the lack of communication with managers was a big red flag when I came home for Spring Break.
Pros
Discounts, Calm Environment, Good people
Cons
Lack of hours and communication
Fun place to work, but can get really stressful and fast during meal rushes.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Centerville, UTNovember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Chick-fil-A. The pay was less than I would have liked but they were very flexible with my school and football schedule. Free meal every time you work and unlimited drinks. Half-off whenever you come on your own time. As far as fast food goes, this might be as good as it gets.
Pros
Free meals, discounts, fun people
Cons
low wage, stressful at times, can get monotonous
Productive and fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2018
Although it is very busy, customers always come first. Our customer service is unmatched and we thrive in being the best. Lunch is crazy but the team is always up for a challenge.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Great starter job
Server (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 5, 2018
Perfect job for high school students that need experience in the work field. As far as fast food goes, Chick-fil-a has a good environment and good morals.
Pros
No work on Sunday
Cons
Low pay
Not fair
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 5, 2018
At Chick-fil-A there was one manager in particular that treated all the male employees poorly. I would get yelled at for things I did (after she told me to) or things I didn't do (after she told me not to). I wouldn't recommend working here for that reason. I tried going to higher management than her and every time I did upper management told me they would look into, then cut my hours to zero.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Never got free lunch like I was promised, unfair treatment
Friendly
Front counter customer service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 5, 2018
the most enjoying part of the job is giving out gift to the kids and having them draw and play games with each other. Also interact with customer and getting to know them
Pros
Discount
Cons
Can't eat what you want through discount
Poor management
CERTIFIED TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDNovember 4, 2018
My management team was pretty horrible at chick fil a. The pay was good but overall I wouldn’t go back to Chick fil a only because of the management and the inconsiderate attitudes they had towards employees
Pros
Free meals
Productive, fun working
DINING ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2018
I make sure that dining room and bathroom and cleaned and presentable to customers. I've learned that a clean house makes the customer feel comfortable to eat. The hardest part of the job is keeping up the pace when it's a busy night.
Pros
Discount Lunch
Cons
Breaks should be at least be 30 minuetes
Productive and friendly
Cashier/trainer/ (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 4, 2018
I loved my job here, it was a very postive place to be all the time. The only con was taking orders outside for three hours in Texas weather! We did get a free meal each shift.
Pros
free meal
Cons
working outside
fast paced and aggravating
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJ 08053November 4, 2018
working with the employees is harder than dealing with the customers, everyone tries so hard to be someone their not (the whole super nice act) and it ends with everyone getting angry at each other for dumb things. my specific store had horrible management and morale. no one was happy to work there, trying to move up or get a raise never worked unless you approached the operator himself and basically demanded it and even then you most likely wouldnt get anything. i had little to no training for anything and mostly had to figure it all out myself, including managerial training which was a massive process of trial and error and getting reamed out by everyone and everything. overall was not a pleasant time working there for my 2+ years at that establishment. when it came to hours however, if you didnt prove yourself as a decent employee fast, they would schedule you maybe 4 hours a week if that, and wouldnt bother training to help improve and if you were unfortunate enough to show promise early on they would schedule you 30+ hours a week. employees formed factions, which would constantly fight behind the scenes. however every specific store is different, some stores are great to work at, i unfortunately ended up at a bad one.
Pros
sundays off
Cons
pay, hours, management, little to no training, short tempers in management, impatient employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K