Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

fun workforce
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 16, 2018
a typical workday is prepare for the day to come, prepare food and materials. hardest part is when rush hour comes, most enjoyable part is when employees come together and help out each other.
Working at Chick-Fil-A is an amazing experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2018
I've grown a lot as a team member then supervisor, as well in general as a person while working with CFA. The environment is always friendly and fun, and it's challenging in a way that make you want to be better every day. The hardest part of the job is difficult customers, unexpected situations, and very busy times, but on the other side, the most enjoyable part of the job is overcoming those obstacles and having fun while doing so. The management cares about their team and it's a great place to be. It's hard work on a daily basis but when everyone strives to be better and work together, it doesn't seem hard at all.
Pros
Friendly, free break food, flexibility, enjoyable, room for growth
Cons
Short breaks, can be hectic
Fast-paced, customer service-focused work environment.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 16, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-A has its pros and cons. It is fast paced for the majority of your shift so it is expected that you must always be doing something, cleaning, stocking, helping, etc. Pay is nothing to brag about but opportunity for advancement is available.
I love Chick-Fil-A
Full Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 16, 2018
Working for them has been a great experience. I just need something a little bit higher in pay. I was paid $3 an hour and my managers always encouraged me to work harder because of my pay, and I don’t agree with this.
Pros
Free lunches, Long breaks, Great service
Cons
Short staff, Unorganized, Low pay
nice people to work with
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Schertz, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Nice folks to work with and for. i really like the scheduling system however i do not like that they only schedule one week at a time and it comes out a lot of times at the last minute. i
Pros
employee meal
Cons
young management could use a couple more management skills
Fast paced and fun environment
full-time team member (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTSeptember 16, 2018
I have had a blast working at chick-fil-a! The environment is very encouraging and the management was always extremely helpful and focused on helping everyone become better in a fun and exciting way.
Pros
Discount on food, pay raises, fun coworkers.
Cons
Didn’t get any benefits but then again it’s just a fast food restaurant.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 15, 2018
Most customers were pleasent. The atmosphere in the work place was a little unprofessional but i made it work. The management needed a little work but overall ot was a good experience
Pros
Discounted meals
Worst job ever
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Blaine, mnSeptember 15, 2018
I completely hated working here the management was terrible and the pay was bad. Don't work here, it's a waste of time. They treated me more like a farm animal than an employee.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and pay
A fast pace, full stressed emviorment
Team lead/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 15, 2018
As soon as i walk in the door I am in a spot for the hour before being switched. As soon as you walk in whether you are on the clock or not you are working, non-stop for the rest of your shift. Every hour on the hour you are switched into a different position. Everyone is smiling and laughing, we pride our selves on our culture and our efficiency. I start by bagging then moving into counting all the money drawers, then i am on drinks for drive-Thru. Then i am on cash taking payments from the customers for their orders. Eventually after going back and forth i end up counting money at the end of the night. Doing the finalizing of the entire day. Through out the day when you get the tiny peaceful moments of it being slow, you are stocking, cleaning, making sure everything is ready to go when the next rush comes through.
Pros
Great Pay, 7$ of free food, flexibility with hours
Cons
healthcare, intensity
Fast Paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Was always very busy and fast paced, especially on Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights. Chick fil A is a very popular place for high school/middle school sports teams to go to after a game so we'd have several people in the restaurant often.
Best job ever
Opening Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2018
So many ways to describe Chick-fil-A. Happy environment with Upper Management always encouraging employees. Integrity. Customer #1. Service #1. Healthy environment. If you are looking for a job to grow your customer service skills then Chick-fil-A is the ONLY place to get the best training
Pros
Encouragement-free meals-upbeat environment with attention to cleanliness
Cons
Nothing at all here
Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
My time at Chick-fil-A was good, but I wanted to become manger an they was playing around with me I went threw manger training an learned almost everything so I had to find something else
Chick-fil-A is a great place to work.
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Chick-fil-A is full of very loving, caring and supportive team members and leadership. They push you to reach your goals, they are always encouraging and they truly care about their employees.

It’s a fast paced work environment, teaches you how to multitask, and work in a timely manner. It also teaches you how to treat customers and how to solve issues in a professional way.
Pros
Free lunches, family like.
Cons
Short breaks, average pay.
Fun workplace
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 14, 2018
It’s a good job when you are in high school . You will like the young people who are about your age and you and then will probably have fun . After awhile you get tired because the managers want you to work long hours from 6-2 and only get paid 9.50. And they expect you to a lot and rely on you. But I don’t mind proving that I can be counted on and there really flexablie with hours .
Pros
Free break food
Cons
30 mins break
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 14, 2018
A great place to work and to be at. I loved to work there met all kinds of new people still have contact with them on facebook sweet kind caring place to work
It is an awesome place to work and a very friendly environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 14, 2018
They normally try to give you as many hours as you ask for. They are normally pretty good about giving you days off that you request and the team is awesome.
Pros
Free food, free beverages as long as you have your cup
Family all the way!
Training/HR Director (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 14, 2018
Chick-fil-A turned into another family for me! They care about you, the help you advance in your job and in your personal life. It was the best job I could have ever received.
Great place to work and grow!
Unit Training Director (Current Employee) –  Poland, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I have worked for chickfila for 8 years now. It’s my first job. They have taught me how to be a responsible young adult. Management here as taught me about planning and basing my desicions off of the morals of the company.
Pros
Meals are free on break, paid vacation after so many years.
Enjoyable and great first time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 14, 2018
This is a great place to work as your first job to get a feel for what is required and expected of you. Very reasonable in most aspects. Management wasn't what it should've been at he time. But overall not a bad place at all
Pros
Free food for your breaks with a price limit
Cons
Doing duties that aren't your position
Great workplace. Extremely rewarding if you work hard!
Assistant Manager/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  MDSeptember 13, 2018
This job isn't necessarily easy. If you have been to any Chick-fil-A, you know that they value fast and accurate service. Therefore, there can be some stress to always be happy & pleasant, fast, and make little to no mistakes. This stress leads to some leaving the job, but if you continually work hard, your hard work will be rewarded. Most locations try to create opportunities for advancement. This all being said, the work environment, though stressful, is happy and usually uplifting. Managers and coworkers are typically pleasant and can become lifelong friends or valuable references. Highly recommend for a first job experience—you will learn many life lessons and valuable skill sets!
Pros
some locations offer free or discounted meals
Cons
stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K