Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 10,481 reviews matching the search See all 10,484 reviews
Cook (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 3, 2018
Job was fine but they had poor management. Not enough hours. Can work for years and never get a vacation. Didn't requested days off. Talk to you any kind of way.
Challenging yet fun position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXDecember 3, 2018
Typically at work, I would be moved from position to position throughout the day, which helped me learn how to do everything a lot faster. Over time, I was promoted to a certified trainer where I got a $1 raise. As a certified trainer, I did 1-on-1 evaluations with the new employees, trained new/current employees on positions and daily procedures, instructed employees where they would be working for their shift, etc. The hardest part of working there was probably getting out of my comfort zone and making myself outgoing, it was also a challenge to be a certified trainer. I loved training though, and I loved the skill-set it provided me with. Chick-fil-A gave me so many lessons and skills that I will gladly take on with me throughout my life.
Pros
Sunday's off
Cons
Short breaks; management
Hard workers
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 3, 2018
Great pace and ran professionally. I loved how well ran everything was and how accountable everyone is held, makes the environment way more positive and upbeat. Very good pay structure as well.
Pros
Good pay, professional
Cons
No free food
Workplace Culture
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bonaire, GADecember 2, 2018
Great place to work because of the type of people this company attracts. The only complaint I have is the way front-line employees received raises more and got paid the same or better than kitchen employees despite the front-line being easier and requiring less skill.
it was fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 2, 2018
I didn't like working in the fast food sector. A lot of people do but it wasn't a job for me and I wouldn't want to go back to it unless I absolutely had to.
productive work place
Personal Assistant and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 2, 2018
General and personal clerical/personal assistant duties, confidential reports and arrangements, accounts payable and accounts receivable, maintain all employee files
Its a lot of drama for no reason.
Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHDecember 2, 2018
The drama is in the kitchen but it's probably cause they're always busy and don't have enough cooks. They are so whiny probably from stress but it makes people quit.
Pros
Free lunch, good hours, can choose what days you want to work
Cons
Drama, not as friendly as they act
Great customer service for the most part
Store Manager/Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2018
I wished that the CEO upon his visits would have been a bit more involved in noticing the increase of sales produced was by the Management/Marketing Team more so than the Operators.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Lack of pay and benefits
Productive, Fast pace
Cashier, Headset, Utility, Drinks (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 1, 2018
It is a fast paced job you have to be quick on your hands & feet. The workers I’ve worked with do care about the job & take it seriously. The managers take the job seriously as well but lack understanding the workers when they have issues.
Pros
Free break meal
Cons
Limitations to meal
Standard Fast food stress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East York, PADecember 1, 2018
Chick-fil-a is nice if you can put on a smile for 6 hours and not get frustrated with either the management or the customers, overall not a bad experience but gets old quickly.
Quick service
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 30, 2018
The days are fast paced with lots to do. I've learned every role as well as many leadership qualities. Good management. Semi toxic environment. Keeping up with the pace at first is the most difficult. The people you work with are the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free lunch, 50% discount
Cons
Long shifts for day time
Great first time job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 30, 2018
Its a great Job amazing staff always willing to work with your schedule. never shorthanded on a shift someone always there to help teach and train you.
An amazing place to work and very friendly
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 30, 2018
Chick-Fil-A was one of the best jobs I've ever had. The people were fun to be around and they had great attitudes most of the time. No one was really negative or rude to me and they taught me everything I needed to know for my job while I worked there.
Pros
Free Lunch, Happy Employees, and Flexible Hours
Cons
Low starting pay, Majority of evening staff are teenagers.
Fast-paced and cutthroat
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 30, 2018
Was a great learning experience but job advancement was not available and wasn't much compensation. Typical day at work could was unforgiving, but the co-workers are what seemed to make it worth it. Glad to have gone through it myself, but would not recommend as a future work place to a friend.
Pros
Employee Meals
Cons
Low Pay
Productive and Fun
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 30, 2018
I actually like working at Chick-Fil-A, I not only get paid for the job I do but I also have fun. I actually think I have grown as a person while working here. I have learned new skills to be used in the future.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 29, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced and very productive. Treat customer with full respect ( My pleasure attitude). During my time working at Chick-fil-a I have learned, Treat others the way you want to be treated & you'll get the same in return. Stay open minded and your work days will go be much quicker. The management at Chick-fil-a is incredible. Always flexible hours, the managers are always there to talk to. Your surroundings are great. Everyone is extremely nice and lives up to Gods expectations in the work space. The hardest part of the job is how past paced it is. You're continuously on the go and you have to be ready for anything.The most enjoyable part of the job is the experiences and bonds you create with your coworkers and customers.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short break
Too much work for not enough pay
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSNovember 29, 2018
A person would think that because Chick-fil-a is so expensive that employee's get paid more. $8.00 per hour is not enough for how much work they require.
Fast-paced and fun work envirnoment
Schillinger Rd. - Team member (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 29, 2018
I truly enjoy working at Chick-Fil-A. The managers have their bad days but are typically helpful when they are needed. I will miss it when I to get a new job to help my career
Great job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 29, 2018
Was always a nice and friendly atmosphere, managers and employees work together. Great training program and good benefits and take care and work with employees schedules.
Pros
Free lunch, company outings
I love what CFA stands for.
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 29, 2018
I enjoy meeting new team members when they first start with us. I enjoy leaving new ways to save time and be more efficient with time on becoming more lean with our products.
Pros
Pay, family oriented, schedule, benefits.
Cons
Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K