Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Never work there willingly!
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 13, 2018
The pressure, expectations, and general lack of decency is unbelievable at this place. They have you working in unacceptable conditions with little concern for your personal needs or time. I spent most of my time there sick.

Additionally, the respect and consideration of your own skills is non existent. Not a good business model.
Furthermore, I am offended by the fact that they tout their christianity as a company but have made working for them so insufferable due to their money hungry bottom line.

Not a safe, Christian, or happy employer. And begining to their identity as a unique restaurant.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, lack of respect and consideration.
A christian enviorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 13, 2018
Greet customers run cash register resolve customer complaints. I learned the history of Chick-fil-A and also found out one of my relatives worked @the original Dwarf house.
Great work environment with friendly coworkers
Sales and Brand Growth Intern (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Chick-fil-A and made great relationships with my coworkers. However, upper management was slightly disorganized, and much of the lower managers needed better training in leadership.
Satisfaction in the work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17601February 13, 2018
The nature of the restaurant chain in the area is fast paced, and the work can get stressful at times, but overall I found enjoyment and satisfaction.
Pros
Discount on food at the location, good management team, great work environment, communication.
Cons
Days can get long, stressful, and very fast.
A fun, high energy place to work if you're willing to work for it
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 13, 2018
It's a good place to work to learn Multi-Tasking, Team work, and Dealing with a high stress environment.

A typical day includes working in several different stations preforming different tasks, cleaning your station, and helping other when needed. Depending on the shift you may be assigned cleaning tasks (Scrubbing, moping, etc) to keep the store up to stranded.

The management staff works hard to help you achieve your goals, and work towards a better workplace.

I find the workplace to be lighthearted but serious. Where camaraderie is common place and jokes are welcome. I've made friends here i will likely have for a long time.

The hardest part for is the the high physical demand and the stranger orders. But it's more then manageable.

I enjoy the people i work with. The team fun to be around, helpful, funny, and always a blast.
Pros
Free break food, hard work is well rewarded.
Cons
Short breaks, inconsistent schedule.
Great Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Job and management was great. Typical day at Chick Fil A is clocking in and getting straight to your station which could be fries, salads , packing sandwiches or breading chicken. Only thing that wasn't my cup of tea was the training, They had me trained by younger employees which led to me not properly knowing my station.
itis an ok place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day was to clock in go upfront and either run a cash register, milkshake machine or bagging food. I worked at the one on the campus of Salisbury University so it isn't the typical Chick-fila experience
Workers are fun and inspiring but the manegment lacks many fundimental people skills and does not know how to promote based on skill but favorites
Team Member/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The owner of chic-fil-a Chino Hills is a sub par owner who cares little for his employees and is more of a boss than a leader. I was very pleased to work with many of the people there and a few members of manegment were not so prude and rash.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
Worse owner and choices of manegment
Fast Paced, did not work with my schedule.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 13, 2018
This was a great job that I worked at nearly full-time before wrestling season began. Unfortunately, after telling managers several times and even giving them my schedule for the wrestling season explaining how I could not work on days I had tournaments, they still scheduled me on those days. I received a call one weekend right before a match, and was not exactly happy about it. The second time it happened, I did not have my phone on me and was left a voicemail. At this point, I decided maybe it was time to move on to another job.
Pros
Free food on breaks and getting off
Cons
Uncooperative with asking off and sports
productive workplace and very outgoing staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Working at Chick-fil-A was an absolutely amazing experience to have it was good vibes all around, everyone was nice and had a smile no their faces, and overall everyone was great with customers.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
I was about 15 or 16 when I started working there. You had to do 10 hours online before coming into the store and actually started working which was a bit stressful but worth the wait. Once I got there and actually started working it was everything that I had to do online which made it really simple and easy to learn. The experience of working there was amazing.
Very stressful and not much reward
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 12, 2018
While there are some benefits to this job, there are many other drawbacks. The customers were mostly rude and the work flow was overly fast.There was not a moment of rest when the busy period set in and we often didn't have enough people staffed during the off season. When there were summers, we were overly busy and it made it difficult to work or even have an acceptable break. The pay itself was splendid, which constitutes to the employee longevity. However, you will work with mostly younger, high school aged people.
Pros
Free lunch and discounts for food when you're not on shift.
Friendly fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
This place was a friendly fast paced environment. I loved the diversity within this company. This would be an ideal company for someone straight out of high school trying to make some extra money and can work a flexible schedule
The friendliest environment you will ever come across
Employee/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Most of my customer service skills came from working here. The environment they create is one that is supposed to feel homey. Everyone is always on their best behavior to make sure customers have the perfect dine-in experience. I loved catering to people in such a friendly manner, because customers would reciprocate that energy, ultimately making me happy as well. My favorite part was the free food during breaks, it's delicious.
it was fun and stressful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSFebruary 12, 2018
I liked it but I don't like how they handle situations. The way they are said to be is not really how it is. You kind of just have to go with the flow.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
Work palce will not work with your schedule .
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GAFebruary 12, 2018
very rude managers.
they cut my hours because i had to leave work and i was sick.
they will schedule you on days that you are NOT available.If you have to call out , they will bring you into the office .
Pros
free food when food cost is low
Cons
makes you take 10 min breaks on saturday
Not a bad Place
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 12, 2018
I worked at the Chick-fil-A on wells road. This location had several minor management issues. The work their employees very hard for little payment. However, it was not the worst place to work at.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Short breaks.
nice christan place
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 12, 2018
I love the stuff and my manger was amazing and I would change if I had the change to go back I would nice clean place and I would tell people to go there
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
good
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAFebruary 12, 2018
good place to work, and great place to be even as a customer. friendly environment, great co-workers, understanding bosses, and most importantly, good hours and pay
It's overall a good experience
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 11, 2018
While I love working at CFA it can be very stressful. There are a lot of things that can go wrong but overall it is an enjoyable place to work.I have been working at the same location for over 4 years now and I am still surprised by the situations I am put into. I am grateful for the skills I have picked up as a result of my employment. However it is not always an enjoyable experience. As with all employment there will be people you just don't like for various reasons. At least at the store I work we are like a big family where we may fight but we still enjoy each others company.

If I had to say the best part of the job would be interacting with the guests. However on the flip side guests are also the worst part of the job. People in general make coming into work some days more difficult,

Overall I enjoy my time at the store but it is not a job to stay in forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K