Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,947 reviews matching the search See all 11,830 reviews
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMay 17, 2019
We provide excellent customer service to anybody who comes into the restaurant. We strive to make your meal and your stay as pleasant and as excellent as we can. Your happiness is our pleasure.
A Chick-fil-a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 17, 2019
A typical day at work includes taking customers orders and making drinks for their meals. During the summer cashiers also had to go outside to take drive-thru orders; especially during the lunch rush, sometimes in 90-degree weather. The management at the location I worked at was very poor and employees quit frequently due to a hostile work environment.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Okay for a first job
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 16, 2019
The job is great but I do not feel appreciated as a worker and have been working for this company for 2 years and have not been offered a raise yet. The amount of work I put into this job and the amount of pay I receive does not match.
Pros
Free break food
Cons
Pay
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 16, 2019
Chick-Fil-A is an incredible company to work for. The job itself is quick paced, and very community oriented, but incredibly rewarding. It gives you a broader look at the community around you and a chance to develop relationships with those around you while learning life long skills and job experience.
Working There
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 15, 2019
I'm a former full time cashier at Chick-Fil-A. The environment and employees along with the managers there are really nice and friends. They're really helpful, as well. I've only worked there for a short amount of time and I loved the experience given to me. The food was also delicious and breaks were long enough for me to relax. I recommend working here whether you have experience or not.
Pros
Free paid lunch break, nice and friendly employees, amazing and communication with management, safe environment, and everything else.
Cons
Sometimes some mean customers here and there
Good Starting Job
Drive-Thru Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 15, 2019
It is a good first job and will teach you communication skills, multitasking skills, and patience. If you work well, you will do well. They also pay more now than when I worked there.
Chick fil a
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montgomery County, PAMay 15, 2019
I really enjoy working at chick fil a because we all look at each other as a family. Also Chick fil a is ran so much different form other fast food places and I how we stand out. I love the chick fil a culture and I am proud to represent such good brand. Although it's just a fast food place, working there taught me a lot about customer experience and the importance of food safety. Overall I really enjoy Chick fil a and would surly recommend for people to work there.
Pros
Positive attitudes all around
Cons
extremely long lines
Good coworkers, bad local management
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 14, 2019
The employees are very nice and will help you with your work as a team should. The management however is quick to write people up for being tardy more than three minutes for problems that were directly not your fault. Local management really depends on which store you work at, therefore make sure to meet all of the managers before agreeing to work there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Breaks aren’t guaranteed.
chickfila
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TX 76063May 14, 2019
management is normally great but they will hire someone who was a manager somewhere else and when they get here they don't know how to do anything. There is always people laughing.
Pros
free lunches, always fun
Cons
fast past
Good first job, but bad pay and poor management.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133May 13, 2019
I began working at Chick-fil-A in 2017. It was my first job, and I enjoyed my 6 months of training. They claim to give $0.50 raises each year, but this never happened. The managers were never in a good mood and pushed their responsibilities into employees because they were always having parties in their office. Hours offered are limited and they aren’t incredibly inflexible with scheduling.
Pros
Free meals on days worked, 50% for you and direct family.
Cons
Rare breaks, bad pay, bad management, inflexible scheduling.
Very quick paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 13, 2019
I did not mind working at Chick-fil-a however shift managers were not the most kind or lifegiving. It was a very quick paced job which made it stressful at times.
Fun and welcoming environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2019
It can be very fast paced at times when it is busy but overall it is a great place to work. Friendships will be formed and social skills will be gained.
Pros
Free food when you work, flexible hours
workplace and schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXMay 10, 2019
The environment at Chick Fil A was always very stressful and fast-paced. After school, I would go work and once I got home (which was around 1 am) I did not have the sufficient energy to begin my homework, therefore I was not keeping up with school as I hoped to.
Pros
discounts on food only on break
Cons
short breaks
Co-workers are nice to work with
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90504May 8, 2019
This is an okay job, I would not recommend working at this location, but to just have a job this is OK, I have been unfairly picked on in certain situations that my co workers who have been in similar situations have not. I did not receive materials promised to me like a long sleeve work shirt, and the work shirt that I did receive was NOT new out the packaging, OR clean, I received a dirty work uniform shirt, that I had to wash before my first shift.
Pros
Free Lunch under $8
Cons
Shortest breaks imaginable, managers are unprofessional, and inconsiderate
fun workplace
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2019
Chick-fil-a is a great place to work. It teaches how to work quickly, teamwork, it's a great first job and it could easily be made into a full- time job.
Pros
One free employee meal for each shift
Cons
Some guest interactions, unfair pay and hours sometimes.
Terrible in every possible way.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAMay 7, 2019
I previously worked at chick fil a for a year, and i made minimum wage that whole time, despite being a good employee, working every week, and never missing work. I never got a raise. BUT i soon found out after quitting that one of my friends just started working there about 3 weeks ago, and before he even started working, they told him he'd be getting paid $8.20 an hour. Mind that we had the same role/position and responsibilities. Not only unfair pay, but the managers are extremely rude and demanding. They have no respect for people with lower positions whatsoever. We also do not get free food, or discounts when we're not working, we only get 1/2 off only when we are actively working. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
pretty much everything
Healthy and positive environment and family mindset
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMay 6, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Chick-fil-a. My boss was so encouraging and was an amazing owner/operater. There are spaces to move up, but time limits to adhere to before advancement. Very understanding about illness and emergencies. Very kind and good Christian bosses at the location I worked at.
Pros
Discount on lunch, free entree for specific number of hours worked and free food on a sliding scale
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 5, 2019
Horrible work place.
Don't apply, it is an unhealthy environment.
The boss prejudice and cheap
Doesn't pay correct amounts

HORRIBLE DONT APPLY
Cult-like experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2019
Compared to other fast food jobs, most employees are nice. However, the entire job is like a cult. You get in trouble for not saying my pleasure or not being enthusiastic enough. Everyone puts on a fake face to each other and the customers. The customer service is not genuine. Everyone there is related in some way so there is a bit of favoritism there. They also LIE A LOT. I applied for a waitress job at the dwarf house and was told I would start training for that in two weeks after working as a cashier. Two weeks past and I was told I wasn't enthusiastic enough. So I worked harder. Another week past and they just kind of kept quiet. A month went by and I'm still a cashier although I explained that my experience was in serving and not fast food. Excuse after excuse. I later found out that they were desperate for cashiers because people kept quitting. Why not say that in the beginning.
Pros
Free meal and off on sundays
Cons
Just about everything else
Very productive workplace with great ability to be flexible with your work schedule
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 26, 2019
As soon as I got out of high school that was my first job, because of how organized and flexible the work scheduling. They had amazing tutors and mentors and even had a whole brand new building dedicated to training the new applicants on what to do and how to act within the place of business. After finishing your training, you are then sent directly to work that next day to start your first day of work. Within the first two weeks you don’t have a outfit (unless they have an extra one in the office) so instead you are to wear a all black polo shirt and some slacks. Furthermore, when ever you get your first check after two weeks they take out a small amount in order to pay for the food handlers certification and your own designated work outfit.
Pros
Discount meals, great work scheduling, flexible hours, $10/hr starting pay
Cons
Raises don’t go off of knowledge, To many employees means they cut your hours, Also no optional or mandatory Overtime it just happens

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K