Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Depends what you're looking for
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 17, 2018
At the franchise I was at, initially, I was able to advance pretty fast later to find out it was because I had good hours and there were a lot of older leaders quitting. I kept my mouth shut and my head down and eventually got promoted. Once in this executive leadership role, it became very clear what it meant to work for a franchise. Sales first, culture later. No matter how hard you try to live to the expectations that corporate sets, a franchisee tends to focus on the sales before the team. As a Team Member, work can be great; you come in, take orders and you get paid. But for aspiring leaders, be careful. Don't lose focus on the core values and the brand. Don't be afraid to speak up. Most importantly, know when you're underappreciated. The food service industry is a rough and draining industry, don't get caught in a spot you can't grow but rather look for areas to thrive. Corporate positions are a dream for all leaders at Chick-fil-a and if that's the goal then stay set on that.
Pros
Free Lunch, great corporate teams
Cons
always busy, loosly structured leadership, little communication
Its good at first
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 17, 2018
When you first start working there you have a lot of training to do before you can even start taking orders or anything, but once you are there for like a mouth you will love working there.Then after you work there for 5 mouths you will want to get a raise but they start you at $10hr and there is no going up unless you become a manger. You have to be there for at least a year to become a manager. even if you become a manger its only a 2.50 dollar raise.
Pros
the hours are flexable
Cons
they dont give you over time and there is know room to grow
Fun working place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 17, 2018
Love working there. Have team work, fun place to grow in. Flexible hours and they help with schedule and school love it but had to leave for personal reasons.
Not a bad place to be
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDAugust 17, 2018
The job was pretty laid back for the most part, just need to keep yourself (and sometimes others) busy and productive, very busy when a rush comes but the teamwork is definitely there!
Pros
Upbeat work environment, normally respectful customers
Cons
No paid time off, no benefits for team members, only management
Awesome first time job or for a career
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 17, 2018
Awesome work environment, good pay and free food on days that you worked. Management is nice but seemed to have favorites. It is possible to turn this job into a career or potentially own a store if you work towards it. Closed on Sundays is a plus.
Pros
Pay, free lunch, incentives, scholarships
Cons
Busy all the time
Horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2018
If you like working with mouthy highschoolers, clueless managers, and dangerous kitchen conditions, than Chik-fil-a is the place for you! This was an absolute nightmare. In the short time i worked there ive seen atleast 5 people come and go. That should paint a pretty clear picture of how things operate there.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Too many to name
A great place to work
Restaurant Attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
It is a great work environment. Friendly, but very busy. Management very good and usually positive. A most enjoyable experience. great for young people to learn how to interact with cross section of people.
Pros
A excellent work environment
Cons
Not really good for anyone that is not people friendly
Overall great place to work, I wish I could work here forever.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 17, 2018
Chick-Fil-A was such an amazing first job. It taught me how to step outside of my comfort zone and interact with people on a more regular basis and it taught me the value of interaction. The people and the managers have been great and I wouldn’t change anything.
Pros
Free meal each time you work
Cons
No overtime
Fun job with less than stellar pay
Team Member - Front of the House (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 16, 2018
It's a fun job with a steep learning curve at first, but it can grow tiring over time. Minimum wage is a little too low to compensate for a job like this as it can be stressful at times. Management can be finicky with some policies and solely depends on the leading shift manager.
Pros
Fast paced work environment, great company
Cons
Pay isn't great
Fun, fast paced work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IllinoisAugust 16, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are just starting out in the work field. The most beneficial fast food place around, and it's fun. Also teaches life skills while working here
Very fun work place, if all doesn’t work out with another job they have allowed me to go back and work there.
Chick-Fil-A (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 16, 2018
Very fun and communicative job, I really enjoyed working there because it was very easy once teamwork took place. I would go back if not given the chance at another job
Pros
Discounts and very nice management
Cons
Favoritism
It all depends on the operator.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO and Greeley, COAugust 16, 2018
While I was at my first store I greatly appreciated the team that was built and the true spirit of teamwork carried through. In a fast food job it made every shift much more bearable and our good attitude was clearly reciprocated by the majority of our customers. At the Greeley, CO location however was much more focused on making money. Ironically enough, the location that cared more about the owner making money did a much worse business than the store focused on its people. Overall I believe Chick-fil-A is a great company and for the most part takes really good care of its employees and customers, but there are definitely rotten operators. My one across the board complaint is just the uniform but it still was nothing that would prevent me from working here in the future.
Pros
People, community, benifits
Cons
Some people, uniform
Its okay.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 16, 2018
I only like one of my managers...everyone else show favoritism. The food is good, but the prices are high. They recently went up even more on their prices so I don't like eating there much anymore.
Pros
Friends
Cons
SHORT breaks
Fun and Energetic workplace
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 16, 2018
I never really got stressed out I just accepted that it is a popular fast food restaurant that would have its busy days. Working there felt like a huge family that really motivated each other. You learn a lot of respect to use outside work.
Pros
free lunch, fun people, easy duties
productive fun working place emphasize teamwork
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34474August 16, 2018
you work hard and learn to be apart of a team. You practice servant leadership and making a difference in someones life through the short time you interact with them.
Pros
work enviroment
Just do your job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 16, 2018
Just do your job when u get there and don’t let others peoples actions decide yours. One key thing is to have a understanding with your boss and co workers
Great first job but often taken advantage of by management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 16, 2018
It is a great first job but often time can be stressful. Very long hours especially on weekends but the 50% discount helps. Managers aren’t the greatest. Even when working hard and showing leadership you don’t get compensation. Often taken advantage of if hard worker.
Pros
Discount, okay pay, fast paced
Cons
little to no breaks, stressful
Great company!
Team Member/Leader (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 16, 2018
Chick-fil-a stands by its standards. It is a great Christian company that strives to help its community and others. They are careful in hiring people that will love the customers.
fun place to work
Headset/cashier/kitchen (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 16, 2018
Working at Chik-Fil-A was my first job. It's good for teenagers needing to build basic working skills. They really value the growth of their employees.
Great Company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
Chick Fil A inc has offered me skills and oppoutunities that I would be able to use in a corporate job. Management in my case has also extended warmth and support inside and outside of work.
Pros
free lunch, scholarship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K