Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Experience of a lifetime
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 20, 2018
The restaurant business and fast food industry have a long history of poor service and nightmare stories. With CFA, they focus purely on avoiding these problems so that they never happen. With that said, I would recommend working for this company if they can pay you enough for what you are worth.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Late/Long shifts
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMay 20, 2018
Chickfila is a great company. They love their employees, they are flexible and encourage growth inside the compnay amd outside. This company rocks. Try them for yourself
hard
Customer Service Employee (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 20, 2018
lots of labor forced onto team of 3-4 people in the back, with very little to compensate for it. Very easy to become discouraged after every rush or so, coworkers made it enjoyable. however scheduling and management was awful, even coming from the drop dead owner. Can be condescending at times, and isn't promote a encouraging atmosphere at all, wouldn't sacrifice any amount of labor for anyone.
Pros
free meal
Cons
hard
Friendly and welcoming
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 20, 2018
Everyone is very welcoming and willing to work together to fulfill all of our guests needs. The business was made for customer service and they deliver it exquisitely.
Awesome store
CASHIER, COOK (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 20, 2018
No complaints. I had a great time working there. the staff was awesome. didn't care for the new young staff. manager was fair at times. seems like a very good environment. great first job.
Fun upbeat enviornment with great people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 20, 2018
At this job I got decent training, friendly and upbeat managers and employees, and a family enviornment while still keeping it profesinal. I also learned many skills like how guests always come first and the importance to always please them no matter the circumstance.
Pros
free meal
Great as a first job
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 20, 2018
This was a great first job while in high school. I enjoyed the team members. I was able to attend Cow College and worked as the cow at events. My main jobs and responsibilities at work were cashier, stocker, headset, & traffic director.
excellent work environment
RESTURANT CREW WORKER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2018
i love this company they have taught me some excellent hospitality skills. Its a very great company. great food, great guest, its just an overall great work environment.
Fast Paced with minimal reward
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lima, PAMay 20, 2018
An incredibly fast work day would be fine if the pay was better and the culture at the job was better. Most coworkers are lazy and rude. The managers pick favorites and it is not a job to stay at for a while.
Great people and environment with opportunity to move up
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 20, 2018
Amazing management and boss. Always working hard to make it the best it can be. Flexible schedules and willing to work with you. Great coworkers that make the stressful and fast paced environment fun and enjoyable. Very hard work and fast paced. Extensive product knowledge is required, however management is car patient and is willing to help you alone the way. Great opportunity for advancement
Pros
Scholarships, free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Just work somewhere else
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 20, 2018
I want to start off by saying that your CFA experience really is going to be determined mainly based off of the operator/owner of the store. At VCC, most part time employees will receive a low pay with no negotiation and it’s rare that people here get a raise unless you’ve been here for several years or you BEG them. I’m sorry but the work you do here is worth FAR more than minimum wage, which most CFAs pay more than. They overwork you as you will be expected to stand outside serving customers in heat, freezing cold, snow, rain, you name it for 3-5 hours with little compensation and almost no accommodation. People need to feel appreciated and since it’s a job that obviously through pay. A pat on the back here and there isn’t going to do it. And if you’re expecting some sort of work/ life balance then too bad, you’re pretty much going to have to be available every Friday and Saturday- keep in mind majority of your workers are teens who actually have lives outside this place. Management just depends on the person here but most of them don’t seem to care much for their employees and quickly take advantage of them. I also am offended personally at the fact that they go around talking about how “Christian” they are but that doesn’t reflect their actual business model, at least not at this location. I highly recommended working at other locations before even thinking about coming to this one. I also think the operator should be more involved in the day-to-day operations that happen at this location. Because I doubt they would want to stand outside in the freezing cold and that last  more... part applies to the managers as well. I did however enjoy working with many of my peers.  less
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shorts breaks, no breaks, low pay, management, poor working conditions, underrappreciated
Very productive and quick paced work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2018
I learned a lot in the 8 months that I've worked at Chick-Fil-A. The workday is sometimes hectic but we set goals for ourselves that we often time complete. Chick-Fil-A was my first job and I'm glad it was because now i set high expectations when it comes to looking for a job.
we had a play ground
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYMay 19, 2018
i would walk in and wash my hands, then clocked in, look at the schedule to find out where i am for the day, then go to brake about 5-6 hours in ,then finish up my shift, then go home.
Pros
we got free lunch up to $8.50, and we got 50% off
Love this job
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 19, 2018
This job was amazing. Super flexible with scheduling. The managers were great and my store manager hired some amazing people to work with. Would HIGHLY recommend.
Pros
Free meals, amazing environment, quick paced
Cons
Short breaks, stressful, hard
Very quick-pace
Chick-Fil-A Team Member (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCMay 19, 2018
You only have 30 minutes each morning to get the store ready which can be stressful. Breakfast can either be super busy or moderately slow. Usually the second shift from the day before leaves the store dry so you will not have any cups stocked or sauces. I've been in the company for six months and I'm still not trained in everything front line but when a pretty boy walks into the company then they will favor him no matter his skill level.
Pros
Very giving company
Cons
unfair treatment
Used to be fun.
Thaw chicken, prep chicken, cook chicken (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 19, 2018
Used to have fun working there. The kitchen was a good place to work, but didn't get any training.. Thrown into the middle of lunch rush and was told to be better.. But didn't get any hours to improve my skills
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Lack of hours, too many employees
Poor
Backline Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 19, 2018
Not a fun place to work, dirty working environment, rude managers, lazy co workers that never do their task on time so we can close in a timely manor.
Regular Chick fil A
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 19, 2018
Just like any restaurant, it seems easy and nice looking in, but it's different behind the counter. Some management is ok; not all. You'll quickly learn that some people won't be as nice as you are to them.
Depends on your supervisors
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMay 19, 2018
If you have the pleasure of working for a franchise, you'll probably come across either a very good operator or very poorly chosen operator. In my case, my operator was obviously very unstable and therefore was unsure as to how to run her business. This posed for a very toxic work environment and even restaurant environment after leaving. After I quit, there was a string of others who left as well due to the negligence of the owner. The average Chick-Fil-A runs with 80 employees, and we had 25 at a time. This didn't ever make the owner understand that we needed help until everyone left.
Cons
Unresponsive corporate
I loved working at chickfila
Team Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJMay 19, 2018
Chickfila was a great company to work at management was amazing and the people were great. A typically day was whatever the team leader put u on. I learned a lot of stuff from how to work faster and be a better person. The hardest part was managing school and working to 11pm
Pros
discounted lunch, great people
Cons
late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K