Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Found 11,643 reviews matching the search See all 11,654 reviews
Usually Good, some issues
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 24, 2019
Workplace drama was discouraged but not really dealt with in my experience.

I felt like we had to put on a smile for customers, but our own treatment was less important.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Stressful for no reason
Continuing to positively impact people in and around the community
Director of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 24, 2019
A typical day at Chick-fil-A is constantly busy, but maintains an upbeat atmosphere.
I have never seen a company with such outstanding leadership across the board, leadership is held to a much higher expectation which encourages them to strive for the best.
Everyone truly works as a team
Hardest part is about working for Chick-fil-A is not having benefits.
The most enjoyable part about working for Chick-fil-A is being able to set the positive culture for our guest/community and having the positive impact on someone.
Busy
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 24, 2019
The job is fast paced and if you work hard and do your best you can be promoted quickly. It is not like any other "fast food" restaurant operating today.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Very busy at times
fun at the work place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Virginia State University, VAApril 24, 2019
Being a crew member of Chic Fil A at Virginia State University was pure fun! Everyday is filled with fun due to the fact that we work in the student union!
Pros
discount
Cons
no benefits
Opportunities to advance and flexible schedule
Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2019
Chick-fil-a is very flexible with work schedules if you are a hard worker. If I wanted more hours, they were more than willing to give me as many as i wanted. They are good with working with college students as far as leaving and coming back for breaks.
Fast pace environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2019
I enjoy my time at chik fil a. The working environment was always kept clean and the management ran a tight ship. I had wonderful coworkers and they provided a discount for all employees to eat lunch.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Fryers can make cook area hot and humid
Team Member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 24, 2019
Working at Chick-Fil-A can be very stressful. I believe that we are or can be overworked at times. Overall, it is a good job because I have learned great customer service skills, how to work the register and give the right amount of change and how to be kind.
Too many mid-level managers, not well organized
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 24, 2019
Manager hired me, suggesting he would train me potentially to operate a franchise coffee store for him. There was absolutely NO coaching or mentoring of any kind. Sink or swim.
Pros
Free food for employees
Cons
Too many mid-level managers
I understood my job role and did it well but the team support systems suck you would think the hardest position would have more support
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAApril 24, 2019
Working in the kitchen is hard but working chicken production line is a nightmare, when morning crew barely does their job and night crew gets hit with most of the work load.i would have probably still work there but unlike most people I stood up for myself and refuse to be disrespected. I love the operator but two of her managers were very unprofessional towards me and wouldn’t put up with it.
Pros
Tax paying job and free meal
Cons
Everything accept for some coworkers
A typical day
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 23, 2019
At Chick-Fil-A you have to quickly learn how to move not only fast paced but to keep yourself busy by doing small things, like restocking, cleaning trays, seeing if drive thru needs help or cleaning your area
Fun place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 23, 2019
It was okay just didn’t like the hours, that I was getting very nice place to work it just wasn’t the fit for me to work at and the pay was low no raise
Very Good
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2019
Great place to work, managers did their best to accommodate your availability. Always able to be trained in new roles, great team environment. Culture was awesome, everyone always came in to do their best and create the best possible service.
Job
Cashier and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 23, 2019
I loved the job and the people that i worked with i had plenty of hours and a decent pay on my job. The only thing I did not like was they picked and choose who they liked to work the most hours
Chic Fil A Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAApril 23, 2019
I had an amazing time and I fell in love with Chic Fil A because of the people and the environment. Chic Fil A taught me how to be practice and work as a team and create a competitive edge to strive to be the best at what ever you do. This is a great company and made time the person I am today.
Pros
50% of break food
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work when you feel like a family.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2019
I use to love working here, but the pay was not that great and they started doing a lot of changes. Many people have left due to that, so my work experience here right now is not the best.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Salary
Working at Chick-fill-A was great work experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 23, 2019
A typical day started at about 5:45 am till about 3 pm. Our store was very very busy and could be pretty stressful. I learned how to do a through job quickly and to be patient when customers and employees were challenging to work with. I learned very good customer service skills and relations. The workplace culture was usually fun, stressed and sometimes unprofessional. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness. The most enjoyable part was customer relations. It was really great to get to know the regulars and know them by name and actually get to know them.
Pros
Free lunches and 30 min lunchbreaks
Cons
No benifits and low wages
Fun at times but stressful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXApril 23, 2019
Many times at night we would usually be left with only 2 other employees to close for the night which would make everything much more stressful. But some nights are bare-able only when we have enough coworkers.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
No benefits
Fun fast paced starting job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 23, 2019
Great place for a high school teen to start working and develop individual skills. Working as a team, customer service, and healthy relationships are the foundation of this company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no advancement or job security
Productive place to work, more than fair hours
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 23, 2019
Overall a relaxed job,during your probationary period they will overwork you compared to others though. My starting pay wasn't very decent. Raise every semester.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Managers are really strict during probationary period
Overall I thought it was worth it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALApril 23, 2019
I loved working there, it was fun and fast paced and my relationships with both employees and customers were so wonderful. The operator was kind of a jerk but my other managers were great to work with. Hours were flexible which was a must for me.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, discounts fluctuated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K