Changi Airport Group Management reviews

Challenging but fulfilling kind of workplace
Changi Experience Agent (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 21, 2019
Operations is never the same daily. You meet all walks of life with different issues. It is difficult but working armed with knowledge and passion to serve and help, everything will be rather manageable.
Pros
Workmates, workplace
Interactive and supportive workplace
Event Crew (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportApril 25, 2019
Colleagues and management were helpful and friendly.
Learnt people management and more communication skills
Hardest part of the job would be the travelling considering that I live rather far away.
Enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction when being able to help the people.
Pros
Aircon environment
Well organised
Airside Management Officer (Former Employee) –  AirsideApril 21, 2019
Perfect benefit. They always send for courses. The management team have very positive attitude and professional. The working hours are superb. Unfortunately there’s no overtime for me as I was on contract basis. I learnt so many things in the aerodrome. I had a good mentor. Good environment. Excellent workmates. The most hardest part of my job was I need to learn and memorise all the birds in the airside.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Contract basis
Fun and productive workplace
Internship (Changi Youth Ambassador) (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day of work consist of ensuring all queues in the airport are managed properly. Besides that, we have to implement anti-con measures to provide all passengers to enjoy their time in the airport.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long walking and standing hours
Hierarchical structure, good employee benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  ChangiNovember 24, 2018
Would be useful if the management team adopts a 360 employee feedback to fully understand the dissatisfaction on ground and work towards a healthier workplace.
Culture of the company
Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportSeptember 2, 2018
It is not the best place to work in because of the hierarchy. Workload is relatively heavy and stressful. As in intern, I covered the role of 2 full-timers.
Cons
Workload
Conservative management
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportJuly 5, 2018
Conservative management running a quasi government organisation that still functions like a government agency.
Lots of staff who have been with the company for many years, who are just cruising.
Can learn a lot. but top MC quite bad. not good for junior staff
Commercial Analyst, Consultancy (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 21, 2018
Can learn a lot. interesting projects. but top management was quite bad. not good for junior staff as they have very bad planning of using junior analysts.
Not good bosses
Trolley Service Officer (Former Employee) –  ...CHANGIMarch 28, 2018
Very unfriendly environment.The management are big bullies..The job in belt 48 arrival hall is the hardest part of my job. There should be two persons working instead of one person doing the job. They always pushed me to do one person in the job..I enjoyed working with the staff.They were warm and friendly.On the whole the staff and the hr department make it a pleasant environment to work with.Some of the management and staff were kind and helpful to me and I was lucky to be there the most enjoyable part of my job is to meet people. I love meeting people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free food vouchers.
Cons
Got to stand for 8 hours on the job
Fun workplace
Event Crew (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportFebruary 5, 2018
Did basic cashiering and stock taking . Learned cashiering a lot . Managed to work with good colleagues and good management as well. The hardest part of the job is to please customers who demand a lot despite the small purchase made. The enjoyable part of the job is working with good management who never fails to make work enjoyable.
Pros
Fun colleague
Perfect environment for working
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 24, 2018
It will enjoyable and fun during working, in mean time there will b technical & all aspects of the work experience. Management will take care & support if any work problems.
Pros
free lunches & snacks are provided
Cons
Long working hours
Fun place to work with some very nice people, some not
Special Projects Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 27, 2017
Was a fun experience to work in the airport. One of the managers was a sneaky fella who would take credit for your work and has no shame at all in doing so.
Good experience as an Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportAugust 28, 2017
● Industrial Attachment Program (IAP) from NYP.
● Perform routine inspections on the air conditioning and cooling systems within Changi Airport Terminal 2.
● Project and presentation on Waste Water Management in Changi Airport Terminal 2
Pros
Able to be at the airport daily and to enter restricted premises for research purposes
A company with good prospect.
Airport Emergency Officer (Former Employee) –  Changi Fire StationJune 23, 2017
Everything is great. In terms of management, salary and prospect growth. But the distance and shuffling of work station from time to time is minus point.
productive
DOCUMENTATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  LoyangMay 24, 2017
good working hours. Learned to overcome problems in work place and time management. Excellent management. the culture over there are awesome by sharing their working experience and also share their job skills what they learned before.
Traditional senior management
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportFebruary 10, 2017
You will learn a lot about operations and how complex aviation works
The management and work culture is safe and traditional

The work is interesting due to complex aviation industry and how everything works comes together for an airport

The most challenging part of job is constantly redoing work as different hierarchy changes their mind along the way, with big gaps between the thoughts of senior management. The management is also very old school and unable to move fast or believe in innovation.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
political and unclear directions
Nice working environment
Safety Inspector (Current Employee) –  Changi Coast RoadFebruary 7, 2017
Nice working environment but can't get along with the management. So far i find my company good as they have secure my career in a way and have make me take up courses to establish myself but the pay wise i'm not so favourable.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Low pay
Inspiring work place where you can really make a difference
Manager (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportJanuary 12, 2016
Inspiring work place where you can make a difference to passengers coming through Changi Airport. Middle management can be stronger. Can also get quite political at work.
Pros
Can make a difference
Cons
Office politics and long hours
Good Organization but Too Many Red Tapes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Airport terminalsNovember 25, 2015
It depends on which department / division you actually belong to. Front liners are usually treasured by the organization; however, back end support & engineering staffs are treated like second class (contractors)...
Most of the management staffs are consisted of scholars from the Ivy Leagues - <NATO> no actions talk only... too many of them around simply a hurdle for works to progress...
Pros
Nice physical working environment
Cons
Long hours... Can Forget about work life balance
Exciting workplace to be with
Logistic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00December 18, 2014
A typical day starts with logistics inventory form morning till evening.I have learnt a lot of logistics skills

The management style is fine to me .Co workers are excellent .Hardest part of the job would be when the spare parts required by the engineers have not reach on time and you will have a difficult time chasing the supplier.Most enjoyable is when you are able to help the engineers get the spare parts that they needed.
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
ceased operation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Changi Airport Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Changi Airport Group Reviews by Location