CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Consumer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
This experience was very productive and fun work. Opportunities for advancement are great especially with the recent acquiring of Level 3 communications.
The flogging will continue until morale improves
Customer Solution Designer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2018
Centurylink paid a lot of money to be acquired by Level 3 -- CEO and all main management are former Level 3. Simply put, I have never worked for a company that has been more up-front about the fact that they do not value or respect me as a person or an employee.
Na
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOJuly 15, 2018
Great bunch of people to work with but the hardest part is getting help from other departments. Its as if they have their own set of goals and are not in line with the overall company's.
Pros
Team
Cons
Other depatments within the company
Do More With Less, Constant Change
Senior Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2018
When I worked there I had a saying that sums it up, "Constant change is not a direction." Upper management seems to shift around every couple years and all the initiatives shift with them so its like we get half way there and change directions. The old troubles resurface after a bit and the new boss will come up with a new plan for the one we abandoned from his predecessor.
Pros
Immediate Superviors
Cons
Upper Management
Awesome Company
Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 14, 2018
CenturyLink is great company to work for. It stands behind its Unifying Principals. They offer many opportunities and they offer a slew of great benefits.
Nothing good to say
Tier 1 tech support (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 13, 2018
Nothing good to say about centurylink. They do not value the assets that they have in the company at lower levels. It is a revolving door of employees and they are lucky if new highers stay for more then a few weeks.
Posted anonymously on Indeed
Virtual Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 12, 2018
Posted anonymously on Indeed, Please guys tell me the links to prepare for centurylink networking jobs what quesions they will be asking and how much indepth we should know?
Unstable
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2018
Unstable work environment, toxic manager, not an atmosphere for productivity. Every time we learned a new program or software, not soon after it changed.
Telecom Companies Are in A Bind
Lead Engineer, Vendor Technology Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
Telecom companies are in a bind. They are required and continue to get revenue from legacy services such as voice and DSL. But the take rate on voice is today very limited - even on DSL, leased circuits, and video. As a result, the company has to quickly change to become a transport provider only , which requires retaining legacy expertise, while at the same time adapting systems, processes and people to low margin transport-only models. Think of the huge cost switching to a SDN network for transport when, in fact, your revenue is eroding. It is a complicated business model that requires nearly constant cost optimization.
Pros
Great flexibility for working remotely on interesting and challenging problems.
Cons
The business of telecom is declining to the extent that only nimble players will survive.
Productive place to work
Assigner Programmer/Provisioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Century, KSJuly 11, 2018
I worked for Centurylink for 11 years, and my colleagues were amazing!!!! My departments hours of operation were 7:00am to 7:00pm ...which was AWESOME!!!We could count on one another to not only go above and beyond if the workload was heavier than usual.
I normally came in at 6:45am which was required so that I could login to all my applications before I started to receive calls, the hardest part of my job was being on call which rotated around to me every 4 weeks because the financial payoff wasn't enough.
Pros
Closed holidays, that includes the day after Thanksgiving & Christmas
Cons
compensation and job security plummeted.
good place to work
Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2018
good place to work overall. Got a chance to meet a lot of talented people.Great work life balance. Options to work remotely in some teams. Because its a big organisation, growth is slow.
Do you want to get paid?
Senior Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2018
CenturyLink will not pay you your commission, this is the worst place ever. If you don't care if you get paid or not than it is the best place to. You can make more money at the car wash.
Cocstant changes with L3 merger
Business Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Rapidly changing company with L3 merger, from reps, management and services products and systems. Hard for selling and positioning with customers. Alot of weeks and time training constant training Co-workers and team were great
Pros
Cons
Required in office hours and long commute without reimbursement
Never knew what they were thinking about
Sr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2018
After the acquisition of CTL and Qwest, you never knew what plans were being hatched and what the impact would be.. Salaries went down/bonuses were minimal and stress increased. VP and above didn't have the same concerns for the employees-morality slipped and nobody listened..
Pros
Free to learn what I wanted
Cons
Loyalty to employees left/morality sucked
Sales focused instead of customer service
Sales/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 10, 2018
I didn't care about selling other services, I cared about helping the customers fix the issue that they called in about. It was hard to help the customers when you were worried about what you needed to sell them to make sure you didn't lose your job. Just wasn't for me.
Ok
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870July 9, 2018
Ok position. Cannot make it with a family starting in job. Long hours. Single mans job from start. Good benefits. Provide tools and equipment needed.
Focused and Direct
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 9, 2018
A high paced and detailed oriented job at a very large company. Focused on client needs and encouraged problem solving in a teams and on you own where it may require in-depth planning and knowledge. Many knowledgeable people willing to help and teach to provide you with additional tools to better complete your tasks.
Pros
Provides a lot of skills
Cons
Can be long hours
Bad company
Sales Representative/Customer Service/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
They racial profile and treat others better if they like you very judgmental and do not have respect for there employees a very bad company to work for and there customer service is horrible
Network technician
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJuly 9, 2018
While an amazing company to work for, seniority takes so much presidence over work ethic. not sure if that is related to it being a union position or the company itself.
Great Company
Lead Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Remote Office, 100%July 9, 2018
Great company culture and great work life balance. They are going through a massive reduction in workforce, and recently I was affected. Aside from that fact, I had every intention of remaining a part of corporation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.