Cartrack Employee Reviews

Productive, fun environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springs, GautengJuly 29, 2019
Hardworking, fun environment.
I am a strong willed consultant with strong leadership abilities.
I am hardworking and love what i do, I am a quick learner so for me to learn something makes me feel empowered.
Pros
Commission with every fitment
Cons
Long hours, Weekends
Work hard so you can get the rewards
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern CapeJuly 25, 2019
I do learn alot at cartrack when it comes to vehicles. I believe there is always room for improvement.
You are mostly on the road due to fitting vehicles at clients homes. Its tge perfect job for a young man starting at tge bottom.
Pros
Car allowens
Cons
Salary
Unpleasant work environment and biased managers.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengMay 16, 2019
It's generally an unpleasant biased place with little to no opportunity to advance to your true potential and their salary is ridiculous and unsustainable. Their business ethics is little to nothing.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Nepotism
Learning Curve
Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg CBDJanuary 8, 2019
Cartrack (Temp Position through Perdm)

I was outsourced to Cartrack through a recruitment agency.
They weren't very clear about the position and upon applying I was told that a small basic salary will be provided and in my line of work which was beauty therapy at the time.

In the interview I was told no basic salary you have to sell the product in the field, approach people to sell the product and you get paid according to your sales.

Once arriving for my first day of work, I got put into the car track team and told that the beauty therapy section has filled up.

I stuck it out and manage to move from field sales to Training.
Pros
It was a good stepping stone
Cons
I had to use my personal vehicle to drive employees around with no transport with my own fuel.
Fun Company
Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  City of Tshwane, GautengNovember 15, 2018
The company Cartrack is good and very big. I am the lead developer Boss in Rosebank South Africa. The skills i have and the knowledge of te things they need make it so.

I love working there
Pros
can do anything any time, Get Extra money if work is done well
Cons
No free food, People steel your milk
Too old school and not flexible
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengOctober 17, 2018
Love my job and the responsibilities that come with it, there is never a dull moment. No commission, i dont get insentivised for what i do, and this is among the reasons i unfortunately on the market.
Cons
Fun and productive to work
Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengJuly 10, 2018
Be a quick learner
Have a good telephone etiquette
Be able to meet targets and work under pressure
Be a team player
Know your products and be able to explain to your clients
Pros
Free lunches, gifts on special days
Cons
You work under pressure but have to be able to cope
Cold calling hero's
Sales Consultant and Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, GautengJune 7, 2018
Cartrack is a great company to work for and the culture is amazing.

At Cartrack you will learn the true meaning of cold calling and knocking on doors
Good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  RosebankMay 24, 2018
It was a temporary position. I wish I had worked for longer because I would have learnt more. The employees are very focused and seniors are very hardworking.
Pros
lunch break
RECOVERY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengApril 5, 2018
The hours was very long, some days when you haven't had a recovery you had to sit in your vehicle for 12hours. If we were busy then it was nice and exciting. Some days you had like 3hours sleep in 4days
péssimo ambiente de trabalho
Gestora de contas (Former Employee) –  EstorilApril 3, 2018
Mau ambiente de trabalho, onde as fofocas contam mais que o trabalho realizado. Má liderança tanto por parte do director geral como do director comercial
Great Growth Opportunities
Senior Branch Administrator and Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Pretoria and MidrandMarch 7, 2018
I started working at Cartrack in 2011, within a year I received a salary increase and within the same year I got promoted to Senior.

After 5 and a half years, they wanted to broaden my horizons even more by putting me in a sales position.

Great company and easy growth opportunities.
Productive work place
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengFebruary 23, 2018
Cartrack is company that make a person grow, a person works hard under pressure but they always made sure that you as a person can handle the pressure. it really teaches you to work with people, to love and appreciate/ value others opinions. our manager always made us to feel like we are family and we all belong to one mother which was Cartrack, we always made a rule that no matter how hard it is always have that friend who can help you ease the workload and the problems that are encountered at that time. the hardest thing about my job is that u have to handle everything at the same time e.g. client always wants want they want at their time and you have to make sure that you keep all parties happy, some would be on the line while the other one is in in front of you. I always enjoyed seeing a client leaving happy and knowing I made someone smile for that day .
Pros
when target was reached, we get half day
Cons
long hours, working on sunday
I was very productive great company to work for.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  South AfricaOctober 24, 2017
It was a great company to work for ,there is no day I wouldn't feel like going to work.I have learned that working very hard ,smart and loving your jobs pays.My previous manager was great loving and accomodative.
Our culture was overseas trips incentives,where I enjoyed flying to Maldives island,Seychelles island and Dubai every year.That motivated me to work hard every month because I love traveling.My salary was based on basic and commission.Reason I left its between me and company's confidentiality till job interview.
Pros
Free launches and goodies we used to get
Cons
We use to have going home early incentives after reaching daily target
Productive,Fun,Flexible
Bash scripting
Database issues troubleshooting
Pgpsql functions
Linux knowledge
Pros
Free food at events
A Busy and very friendly environment to work at
Credit Controller & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tanzania, Dar es salaa.September 12, 2017
A very busy typical day at work with each worker attending to their tasks. I learned to be patient and to be a good customer service person as well as being calm and attentive. The management is well organised. The workplace culture is secret santa sharing of gifts and also celebrating co-worker's birthdays. The hardest part of the Job has to be dealing with customers who do not want to pay and also angry customers. the most enjoyable part is having lunch together.
great people and very safe environment
control room operator (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, GautengMay 3, 2017
*transfer customers to the relevant department
* Ensure that we assist in locating our Clients vehicles
* Call Clients when a signal regarding their vehicle is received ( Low battery, Battery Disconnection, high risk areas)
I have learnt that dealing with different people on a daily basis can be a challenge and that it can be very eye opening and challenging at the same time because we all different and deal with predicaments in a way that is also different. It also taught me to work hard and be dedicated given the long working hours.
Pros
incentives
productive`
Stock Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, GautengApril 24, 2017
fun place to work at
balance family and work life
Hr is very helpful
always willing to train staff
training always provided to new staff
company values are shown
Traveling
Technician (Former Employee) –  R/bayMarch 22, 2017
Traveling almost kzn in 1 week,sharing ideas about how to fit certain vehicles. Woke up early so that you meets your client in time (4am) learn to be always on time for your appointments,work with and without supervisor.
Pros
Yes during AA training and on workshops
Cons
Traveling
Exciting and Mind Reviaving, Multi skilling and Challenging
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rosebank, GautengMarch 13, 2017
Its a growing Company, employing all the different nations, Professional Management, One unique family, Sharpening one's skills. family fun days. Its sometimes challenging to work with a difficult client, however at the end of the day I need to make sure that client is happy.
Pros
Free goodies
Cons
Normal hours