Canon Employee Reviews

Awesome fun place to work
Senior Integration Consultant (Former Employee) –  SurreyMarch 13, 2017
Team members in all relevant departments have a great sense of team work.. i think a global brand like Canon can shape a great ethos and work life balance.
I would certainly work there again!
Pros
Great Company, awesome management
Cons
Some red tape
Dynamisme et responsibilités
Assistante communication et marketing digital (Former Employee) –  Courbevoie (92)March 12, 2017
Chez Canon, le dynamisme est encouragé. Donnez des idées, porter des projets est complètement possible.
productive
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 9, 2017
great place to work, enjoyed the people that were there. I learned to work in a fast pace and getting the job done properly and on-time. management was great they worked with me through out every situation.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Temp agency
Great
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MumbaiMarch 7, 2017
A very process oriented company. Customer focused company. Go extra miles to serve the customers well. Good growth for best performers. Last but not the least the company work as a family.
Pros
Good reward for good performance, continuous development
Cons
Work life balance
a decent placeto work
Document Sorter/evolve rep (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West LothianFebruary 3, 2017
it could be a better place to work but management structure is appallingly slow. to get a decision that could have saved the company money takes upto 5 different branches having a look at said proposal. That said I was able through the evolve role to get some new contracts for workers and help implement fair breaks for all.
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
stuck in a cery outdated style of management
Canon
Customer Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 3, 2017
Great company, good benefits, pension, holiday allowance etc. Nice to work for a big international brand although not much scope for career progression if not based nr London.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior cash applications (Current Employee) –  SurreyAugust 24, 2016
Since my time at canon I feel I have learnt a wide variety of skills that have helped me to development my knowledge and work process within the accounting business. I am lucky enough to have an amazing team to work with who offer great support. The hardest part of my job is balance of workload but I feel I have managed to achieve this with proof of multiple projects and deadlines always being completed. I enjoy the process of my job and being able to knuckle down and see the outcome when I have cleared a project that I may have spend a number of hours or weeks working towards.
Pros
drive for employee progression and development
Cons
high fast pace workload
Management didn't understand
Front Line Technical Support Officer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  RedhillMay 31, 2016
We had a non English speaking manager who couldn't understand me because of my northern accent and used to ask his fellow non English colleagues what I was saying or even other colleagues, lots of own native tongue within the call centre and not much rapour, only a handful of people that were English
Pros
Technical support with colleagues
Cons
Department moved to Germany
Productive and stimulating place to work
Resource Manager /Resource Planner - Redundancy (Former Employee) –  Reigate, ENGNovember 16, 2015
As part of a management team, I was responsible for coaching, support and training the staff in addition to managing their workload, progression in the Company and their development.

I had the opportunity to develop all my skill sets and found the diversity of roles and opportunities offered very rewarding.

Canon evolve and restructure fairly often and as part of a restructure I took redundancy as I had decided to move to Malta.

The most rewarding aspects of this role were seeing colleagues progress and develop.
Pros
Great co workers, Salary, Pension, Travelling across Europe
Cons
Traffic on the journey to work could sometimes prolong the travelling
exciting and dynamic company
Senior Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  South East LondonNovember 12, 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time with Canon UK. It was a very exciting and dynamic company. I learnt new technical skills working with new and innovative products. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about new technologies, both hardware and software. Also training colleagues on the new products and working with outside agencies.
Excellent Place to work in
Technology Training and Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Reigate, ENGOctober 12, 2015
Fantastic range of products. Excellent quality and forward looking institution. Great management structure and integral family values make Canon a brilliant company to work for
Demanding at times but very rewarding
Quote Team Executive (Current Employee) –  Direct SalesSeptember 3, 2015
At times the position can be very demanding ensuring SLA's are met with very busy periods with high volume of work. A high level of accuracy is very important to ensure all contracts are met to Sarbanes Oxley standards.
Great place to work, open plan environment and motivated staff.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Reigate, ENGJune 11, 2015
Varied and enjoyable work culture. Great products and most staff were proud to work for a large corporate organisation, which made serious efforts to fit into the area on an environmental and cultural basis.
Progression very limited, depending on location and if picked out by managment for a promotion.
Stock Managment (Current Employee) –  ENGMarch 25, 2015
Some points of the year work does down and it can make for a long day, there are things to do to fill in the time.
The company has a learning portal which can be quite helpful.
Management in the location I work is very poor. Issues are covered up and papered over and never really dealt with. Blame culture is awful here. Instead of resolving issues, it seems more productive to blame someone and then discipline them.
The group of staff are really friendly here, everyone gets on, but there is a vast gap between workers and managers sometimes.
Pros
25 days holiday, friendly colleagues, some good benefits
Cons
Constant budget cuts and restrictions
Friendly Professional Customer Service Call Centre
Senior Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Reigate, ENGMarch 5, 2015
Excellent contact centre to have worked for - friendly family atmosphere even - As senior member of staff - assisted management with the day to day running, handling customer complaints to satisfactorily conclusions, training new and existing members of staff in use of all systems including Nimbus, Oracle and Siebel, carried out 1-2-1 and Performance reviews, enjoyed the 16 years of working there.
Pros
Fabulous Grounds, Excellent Managment, Family atmosphere, good pension, staff purchase
My day at work
Resource Planner (Promoted) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENGFebruary 8, 2015
My typical day at work, is dfferent, due to that i work shifts.
Some days can be busy, some may not.
I have learnt new skills along the way, in how to deal with customers, deal with complaints and management at the same time, also to prioritize workload.
My co-workers respect me, I respect, as always willing to go the extra mile to help anyone.
My enjoyable part of my job, is that i get to speak to different colleagues all the time.
Pros
the time of from work, due to shift patterns
Cons
shift pattern
Productive and fun workplace
Service and Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Venlo, LINovember 16, 2014
A typical day at work rotated around clients and putting their needs as the main priority.

Whether it was direct customer service through phone calls or through emails, communication and interpersonal skills were key areas in this role.

Working for Canon and Arvato Bertelsmann has been an amazing experience which has taught me how to manage clients in a large multinational organization and improve my skillset as an employee and individual.
very cut throat
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCTAugust 27, 2013
I did not enjoy the politics. I enjoyed learning about the new digital technology.
I found the management very non disciplined.
Co workers very much for themselves no great teamwork.
Pros
Excellent products
Cons
politics
Great satisfaction from being able to solve customer issues.
Photocopier Technician (Current Employee) –  West LondonAugust 17, 2013
Visiting customers to resolve problems with their office equipment (photocopiers, printers and networks). I have learnt how to organise my day, prioritise my workload and how to build excellent customer relations. I am comfortable working with all levels of colleagues - both management and peers. The hardest part of my job is the amount of driving that is involved. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I have resolved a particularly difficult problem.
Pros
Staff purchase scheme
Cons
Amount of driving.
Covering sickness absense
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Newbury, ENGJuly 22, 2013
I was initially covering sickness but then was asked to assist in the sales order processing and running the office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon. Our community is ready to answer.