Canon Employee Reviews

Privileged to work for this MNC
New Zealand as executive sales (Former Employee) –  AucklandMarch 21, 2017
Great company to work for
Responsibile for sales and service of Canon Brand office Automation products.
There is a great work home balance company
The company takes good care of employees
Pros
work benefits
Cons
nil
Môi trường làm việc tương đối tốt
PE (Former Employee) –  Bắc NinhMarch 17, 2017
Môi trường làm việc tốt nhưng chỉ có ở một bộ phận của công ty, các phòng ban khác khá bình thường.
Too much middle management
Comercial Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMarch 14, 2017
Efforts are often second guessed by management. Looking for quick hit sales with little concern for long term relationship building. No work life balance. "Canon Owns You".
Pros
Coworkers
Great internship
BtoB Product Manager intern (Former Employee) –  FranceMarch 14, 2017
Very good internship in an international company. My mission was to assist the product managers to develop marketing plans and products launch in order to increase the brand awareness.
Nice workplace
Sales & Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermanus, Western CapeMarch 14, 2017
Profitably manage a branch Sales/ Service.
Support to the sales Division and customers monitor and maintain standards and procedures and to improve technical/sales/services. Productivity quality and customers liaison. achievement of personal and company goals assume full responsibility for stock in the branch and ensure excellent office administration
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome fun place to work
Senior Integration Consultant (Former Employee) –  SurreyMarch 13, 2017
Team members in all relevant departments have a great sense of team work.. i think a global brand like Canon can shape a great ethos and work life balance.
I would certainly work there again!
Pros
Great Company, awesome management
Cons
Some red tape
Dynamisme et responsibilités
Assistante communication et marketing digital (Former Employee) –  Courbevoie (92)March 12, 2017
Chez Canon, le dynamisme est encouragé. Donnez des idées, porter des projets est complètement possible.
productive
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 9, 2017
great place to work, enjoyed the people that were there. I learned to work in a fast pace and getting the job done properly and on-time. management was great they worked with me through out every situation.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Temp agency
Great
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MumbaiMarch 7, 2017
A very process oriented company. Customer focused company. Go extra miles to serve the customers well. Good growth for best performers. Last but not the least the company work as a family.
Pros
Good reward for good performance, continuous development
Cons
Work life balance
a decent placeto work
Document Sorter/evolve rep (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West LothianFebruary 3, 2017
it could be a better place to work but management structure is appallingly slow. to get a decision that could have saved the company money takes upto 5 different branches having a look at said proposal. That said I was able through the evolve role to get some new contracts for workers and help implement fair breaks for all.
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
stuck in a cery outdated style of management
Canon
Customer Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 3, 2017
Great company, good benefits, pension, holiday allowance etc. Nice to work for a big international brand although not much scope for career progression if not based nr London.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior cash applications (Current Employee) –  SurreyAugust 24, 2016
Since my time at canon I feel I have learnt a wide variety of skills that have helped me to development my knowledge and work process within the accounting business. I am lucky enough to have an amazing team to work with who offer great support. The hardest part of my job is balance of workload but I feel I have managed to achieve this with proof of multiple projects and deadlines always being completed. I enjoy the process of my job and being able to knuckle down and see the outcome when I have cleared a project that I may have spend a number of hours or weeks working towards.
Pros
drive for employee progression and development
Cons
high fast pace workload
Management didn't understand
Front Line Technical Support Officer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  RedhillMay 31, 2016
We had a non English speaking manager who couldn't understand me because of my northern accent and used to ask his fellow non English colleagues what I was saying or even other colleagues, lots of own native tongue within the call centre and not much rapour, only a handful of people that were English
Pros
Technical support with colleagues
Cons
Department moved to Germany
Productive and stimulating place to work
Resource Manager /Resource Planner - Redundancy (Former Employee) –  Reigate, ENGNovember 16, 2015
As part of a management team, I was responsible for coaching, support and training the staff in addition to managing their workload, progression in the Company and their development.

I had the opportunity to develop all my skill sets and found the diversity of roles and opportunities offered very rewarding.

Canon evolve and restructure fairly often and as part of a restructure I took redundancy as I had decided to move to Malta.

The most rewarding aspects of this role were seeing colleagues progress and develop.
Pros
Great co workers, Salary, Pension, Travelling across Europe
Cons
Traffic on the journey to work could sometimes prolong the travelling
exciting and dynamic company
Senior Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  South East LondonNovember 12, 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time with Canon UK. It was a very exciting and dynamic company. I learnt new technical skills working with new and innovative products. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about new technologies, both hardware and software. Also training colleagues on the new products and working with outside agencies.
Excellent Place to work in
Technology Training and Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Reigate, ENGOctober 12, 2015
Fantastic range of products. Excellent quality and forward looking institution. Great management structure and integral family values make Canon a brilliant company to work for
Demanding at times but very rewarding
Quote Team Executive (Current Employee) –  Direct SalesSeptember 3, 2015
At times the position can be very demanding ensuring SLA's are met with very busy periods with high volume of work. A high level of accuracy is very important to ensure all contracts are met to Sarbanes Oxley standards.
Great place to work, open plan environment and motivated staff.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Reigate, ENGJune 11, 2015
Varied and enjoyable work culture. Great products and most staff were proud to work for a large corporate organisation, which made serious efforts to fit into the area on an environmental and cultural basis.
Progression very limited, depending on location and if picked out by managment for a promotion.
Stock Managment (Current Employee) –  ENGMarch 25, 2015
Some points of the year work does down and it can make for a long day, there are things to do to fill in the time.
The company has a learning portal which can be quite helpful.
Management in the location I work is very poor. Issues are covered up and papered over and never really dealt with. Blame culture is awful here. Instead of resolving issues, it seems more productive to blame someone and then discipline them.
The group of staff are really friendly here, everyone gets on, but there is a vast gap between workers and managers sometimes.
Pros
25 days holiday, friendly colleagues, some good benefits
Cons
Constant budget cuts and restrictions
Friendly Professional Customer Service Call Centre
Senior Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Reigate, ENGMarch 5, 2015
Excellent contact centre to have worked for - friendly family atmosphere even - As senior member of staff - assisted management with the day to day running, handling customer complaints to satisfactorily conclusions, training new and existing members of staff in use of all systems including Nimbus, Oracle and Siebel, carried out 1-2-1 and Performance reviews, enjoyed the 16 years of working there.
Pros
Fabulous Grounds, Excellent Managment, Family atmosphere, good pension, staff purchase

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon. Our community is ready to answer.