Canon Employee Reviews

It was a learning experience
Admin. Asst./Corp. Mailroom Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
The company would not be so bad if they paid their employees more and gave good health insurance. A lot of their employees are married and have families.
The free lancer job every photographer seeks
Photographer (Former Employee) –  HaryanaOctober 18, 2018
I only had to teach at a few workshops and take some pictures to demonstrate however I wanted. Favorite thing is doing whatever I liked, doing what one loves is obviously is fun.
Pros
Free lunches & equipment borrowing.
Fun place, depending on management
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, Corporate Sales (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSWOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at canon, I did work very hard, and put in a lot of hours, for some reward. Some aspects of management were frustrating, but overall good. Some good colleagues, but some got away with the negative things they did. Some colleagues political, others neutral. Generally relaxed depending on the role. I was made redundant at the end which was a surprise, but thats life. I was happy to leave at that time, so it was a bonus needed a change.
Pros
Culture generally good, generally good work life balance
Cons
Some favouritism, some management decisions negative.
relax and friendly atmosphere
Office service associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
typical day at work sort mail, deliver fed-ex, ups packages, stock of kitchen, print jobs, scanning, copying of legal documents, paper runs through out the office, new hires office set up,
Pros
everyone at this firm is very nice they don't exclude you from their events
Cons
no advancement
Good workplace and excellent collegues
Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  GurugramOctober 13, 2018
The company is nice if you are working at other functions apart from sales as sales tend to be very stressful largely owing to the management who micromanages everyone and does not give any opportunity of growth to deserving candidates. There is too much politics inside which is not good for career growth. The management should appreciate the quality work of deserving candidates and give them chance to move ahead as otherwise it makes them demotivated seeing some undeserving person enjoy the fruits of thier hard labour and they leave.
As a suggestion to management, please make the selection and promotion process transparent and give chance to everyone for internal job rotation.
Pros
Good collegues
Cons
Bad management
gained management skills
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CrawleyOctober 8, 2018
My job at cannon was to manage the cleaning department and do some administration duties. I gained a lot of skills in Management. However, if you failed to delegate work, the whole day would be disorganized as we had only one person that managed one department at a time. This taught me how to organise my workload in advance and also i learnt how to work as part of a team.
Pros
team work was crucial
Cons
No manager was their to replace you in case you were off
An ok place to work
Black and White Copier Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 7, 2018
A very big company where an individual can get lost very easily for advancement.You are stuck in one position for an entire year before moving on to a better job when it opens up.
Nice place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cairo,egyptOctober 5, 2018
Proud to work with international company like canon and the all canon products are very excellent quality and they have a great manager and you feel you work with your family
Productive and fun work place.
Onsite operator (Customer Service) (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 4, 2018
A good working place and learn a lot, the support from the upper management is very god specially on people who are assign as onsite operators like me
Pros
Over all a good working place
Cons
N/a
managerial staff were not great
Copier Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 2, 2018
paid training was great, but managers didnt follow the company standards they made up there own rules and how and what the employees should be doing micro managed so much
several positions here
Market Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Northeast USSeptember 21, 2018
I had several roles here, including a role as a trainer. It was my first experience in training and I really enjoyed it. I spent time traveling and really liked interfacing in a teaching/training position.
Perfect Company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  TehranSeptember 16, 2018
Is That Perfect And Promising Company On Earth Because Is Realy Fast For Customer And Parton For Employee
I Love My Work In Canon Company But I Want New experience At Canon In My Favorite Country New Zealand
Evolutions limités
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Courbevoie (92)September 14, 2018
Entreprise globalement satisfaisante.

Cela dit, les évolutions de salaire sont quasi inexistantes, les moyens très limités malgré la façade propres et reluisante.
Les décisions managériales sont plus liés à l'aspect global du P&L que de décisions stratégiques permettant de l'améliorer.

L'absorption d'Océ et l'accord stipulant que des manageurs Océ devaient intégrer les équipes Canon a eu un effet dévastateur sur les process et la qualité de travail établi.
Si bien que 5 ans plus tard Canon Inc a décidé de faire table rase et placer de nouveau des manageurs Japonais pour redresser la situation...

De mon coté, malgré la reconnaissance de la qualité de mon travail, une évolution de poste à responsabilité ne c'est jamais présentée, je n'attendrais pas encore 5 ans...
good work place
Material Control Specialist II (Forklift Operator) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 12, 2018
canon was a good job just needed more pay. also the communication was bad some times . i never really knew when i was suppose to lead honestly . good job honestly
Pros
all the extra events
Cons
not time off during holidays
Grote afdeling, niet persoonlijk
s-Hertogenbosch, contract management (Former Employee) –  Den BoschSeptember 7, 2018
Heb niet veel geleerd, ze hebben me niet genoeg kans gegeven om mezelf goed te ontwikkelen.
Voluntad de cambio
Strategy Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonAugust 31, 2018
En Europa hay voluntad de cambio, aunque la capacidad para llevarla a cabo esta ligada a Japón y a políticas de empresa que frustran al trabajador. Es una gran marca y hay visión estratégica
Flexible working environment
Installation Coordinator/Services and Support (Former Employee) –  Horsley Park NSWAugust 30, 2018
Great philosophy of work life balance. People work with are supportive with issues that may arise through the work day.
Recognition for taking the initiative with work objectives.
Ótima experiência.
Promotor de Vendas e Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Curitiba, PRAugust 29, 2018
Uma empresa que me proporcionou muitos conhecimentos, cursos e treinamentos. Experiência gratificante. Deixa a desejar apenas no quesito plano de carreira.
Pros
Conhecimentos adquiridos, cursos, treinamentos.
Cons
Plano de carreira falho e demorado.
No Pressure at work
Document controller/Scanning and indexing (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 28, 2018
The work environment is so conducive and the employees are so supportive and friendly. i would wish to work more with canon emirates but there is no job security especially if your employed friest through agencies
Pros
No pressure at work
Cons
job security
Work Family
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 28, 2018
This is a place you will enjoy working. The people become your 2nd family. The work is rough but everyone works as a team which makes it well worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon. Our community is ready to answer.