Broadcom Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Principal Developer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 24, 2018
I remained employed for the majority of my stint there, before the acquisition. During my time, I can say that it was the best companies to work for. It gave me an opportunity to contribute, learn and mentor. I was lucky to have worked for my management who happened to be very compassionate, astute and provided guidance all the way through. It also gave me the opportunity to work with people from around the world (since it was and still is a global company). I learned a lot while working with these awesome colleagues and consultants.
My job was to design and develop the new solutions and then work with support teams to keep the lights on in production.
The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable as I worked in IT department and the systems run 24/7, therefore, I had to remain available and work across time zones, at times it would get challenging but for the most part, it was great as I had the backing of the amazing tech support, business analysis teams and my management of course.
Pros
Business travel, attending conferences, lunch and learn sessions, decent perks, competitive salary package with RSUs and bonuses, work from home
Cons
The work routine was challenging, way too many meetings especially while the company was in implementing a new ERP system, turned a little bureaucratic in the last couple of years before the acquisition
broadcom
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsApril 6, 2018
It's really a flexible type of working days.That mean 3 days work and 4 days off.I was learning more details about product knowledge.also learned many things about working ethics.
Pros
we get meal allowances
Cons
12 hours
Very good productivity and more fun to work
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsAugust 24, 2017
It a very high standardised place to work,
very clean and comfortable place,the company was going to shifting to pinang malaysia,so that's a reason to me find a new job at Singapore.
Pros
transport
Cons
4334 days and 12 hours working.
Friendly Environment
Accounts Payable Officer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  WooldandJuly 25, 2017
Job Duties Assist the Senior Accountant in handling of Accounts Payable function for selected countries such as Ireland, India, China, Japan & Taiwan. Ensure timely and accurate posting of invoices, liaise with other departments and Local Finance for proper documentation and approvals and timely payment processing for approved invoices. Liaise with Vendor and perform monthly reconciliation. Handling any ad hoc Accounting & admin duties as assigned. Pick up the SAP skill.
Pros
Transport pick up
Picking / Warehouse Assistant / Shipping (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 8, 2017
a bit straught for the security because cannot bring along handphone while in work,when had a emergency at home,cannot respons fast.nice working place because work in an aircond environment.
productive, fun and great teamwork
Finance (Former Employee) –  North SingaporeMay 2, 2017
Productive, efficient, fun and great teamwork in cBroadcom.
Love the job culture though stressful at times.. Good colleagues and team support like a big family.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsFebruary 21, 2017
Broadcom is a great place to work. Life in Broadcom is fast paced and dynamic. There are always new opportunities and challenges available for you to take on and improve or broaden your experience. It has a closely knitted work culture and I enjoyed good working relationships both within my team and with other cross-functional teams.
Fast Pace Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 7, 2016
I have been working at Broadcom full-time (More than 10 years). Was a great company to work before acquisition, Interesting and fast. Unfortunately, it's downhill now.
Pros
competitive Salary, RSU (stocks), ESPP plan.
Cons
work life balance needs to be improved.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Principal Project Manager (Current Employee) –  WoodlandsApril 27, 2016
Can work independently and enjoy working with co-workers as team cohesiveness and spirit is high. Empower and trust from management and have fun working with various people of different cultures and countries.
Pros
Team co-workers
Productive and Fun workplace
distribution specialist (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsFebruary 26, 2016
Lean leadership with strong management . Communication skill with vendors and customers .My Boss are very good enough to teach me .Friendly co workers .After one year get promoted is the most enjoyable day for me .
Pros
Free breakfast and snacks
Cons
less break time
Fast Pace Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 7, 2016
- Working in challenging timeline
- Must be able to Multitask and work independently
- Co-workers are dedicated to their work
Has space for personal development
Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00August 13, 2015
Conducive environment for those who wants to innovate, okay for those who wants a balanced work life too. Management are supportive for those with needs to work from home occasionally.
Pros
Free coffee and drinks in cafe
Cons
Remote location
Fun enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, S00July 13, 2015
- Work together as a team, process order, manage customer request
- Learn to work as a team and help to backup my teammate when they on leave.
- My colleagues are all fun and helpful. We help each other when there is issue
- Not able to get fast reply from US when customer urgently need a reply
- I love the culture of the company, fun-loving colleagues and an understanding manager
Pros
Flexible
Cons
need to bring laptop home everyday and its pretty heavy
Better work life balance in a semicon world
Staff (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 15, 2015
There's better balance here in terms of work load. However, career advancement and benefits are close to almost no value. No one will care about you especially if you're new at your job and the management is not an exception. The director couldn't care less about the employees and is only concerned on how the company will cut losses. It's not a bad thing given that he is securing the jobs for the employees. But he lacks the backbone of balancing between satisfying the corporates and motivating the employees. The company simply is a bore. It's hugely lacking in making the people feel motivated. At least this is the case here in Singapore. And I think there are better companies that will do better.
Pros
shuttle buses, good work life balance
Cons
low benefits, slim chances of career advancement
Excellent place to work
Sr.Staff Layout Engineer (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00January 25, 2014
Executive team runs the company really well.
Not perfect but still striving to make everything click.
Pros
Great global team
Cons
Not much advancement in career