Barnes & Noble Employee Review

View all Barnes & Noble reviews

Love it and mess it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 13, 2017
Working at Barnes and Noble in Reston then Fairfax VA, made me smile. But I have to say one in Fairfax was the best, being a lead in the kids department was the best. Seeing the kids eyes light up when they get a new book just makes you smile. Getting to work with all ages and discussing different books.

The management is the best there too, the store manager is always there with a smile and they treat you like family. No matter how your day is going, they are there for you.

Other Barnes & Noble Employee Reviews

Good part-time job for students with decent workload
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working in the MSC Barnes & Noble. It was a great location and since I didn't have a car I was able to take the bus to campus and walk over. The people were cool, I got an employee discount, and most of the time the foot traffic was manageable. The only downside was the requirement to work on gamedays, though we were given the option to work only before and after football games, not during the entire game. All in all, a decent campus job and steady money for students.
Pros
Location, employee discount, business casual attire, easy work, young environment
Cons
Working game days.
Stressful work environment but the best co-workers
Newsstand Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Too much work with not enough staff. The rules from corporate are completely counter productive. It's a retail job so there's a lot of customer interaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barnes & Noble. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K