Awfully Chocolate Employee Reviews

Workplace
Retail Store Assistants - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 30, 2019
The typical day at work is all depending on who you are working with. I learned that, even in the fnb industry, some management will not care about your mental well-being even after you showed up for work.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Long hours.
Minimal benefits, no health insurance for some employees
Admin and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Joo ChiatJune 19, 2019
enjoyable part of the job is free food (sometimes we got to try the cakes and dessert items)

minimal benefits

very difficult to apply for annual leave as they have the rule that no two people in the same team can take the same dates even if their roles are different
Pros
great coworkers in the office except for the finance and hr manager
Cons
Saturday work, difficulty in applying for leaves, no OT pay, no health coverage for foreigners/biased coverage
Fulfilling job
Senior Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 16, 2018
Had so much learnings gained and experienced that enhanced my skills and knowledge. Fun and enjoyable shifts. Open to all who are willing to learn. Great bosses.
Pros
Allowance for meals.
Productive and Fun workplace
PART-TIMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  TampinesJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at work would be arriving the store at 9am. I would then start keeping the cake stock ins while preparing the desserts that are to be displayed. Then i would open the cash register and make sure the opening balance tallies. I have definitely learned to be quick thinking on my feet if a problem ever arises. Ive learned to multi-task and be neat since I worked in an F&B industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely serving customers and seeing them leave the store happy and satisfied.
Pros
Able to try out their products
Fun work place
Chef Cook (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 14, 2018
-a relaxed work environment
-Cooking up tasty, nutritious and well balanced meals for customers
-Encouraging junior staff in their training and development
-Ensuring compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk
management requirements
-In charge of stock control and rotation to ensure the kitchen and larder are always well stocked
-Quickly learned any new recipes and food preparation techniques
Toxic management, do not recommend unless you wanna be slavedriven
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 7, 2017
Management bullies the retail staff, thinking that we are all dispensable people and berate us for the smallest of things. Unhealthy culture, girls can be overly gossipy and spread rumours about each other. Word of advice - Start treating the staff better and perhaps that will also help to increase your sales.
Pros
made great friends there
Cons
management
Fun workplace with high commitments
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raffles CityAugust 7, 2017
The company has great Morales and a unique technique to attaining loyal customers. They teach recruits very well on every single detail of working in Awfully Chocolate which shows how much they trust their staff. However, too much work is loaded on newly recruited staff as of what I observe.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Heavy workload
Bad Mnagement
Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Joo ChiatJuly 24, 2017
- The team is more bias towards front line.
- As a back end staff, you have the feeling that the company treat you as a burden rather than an asset to the company.
- Always required to perform duty out of your role/positions (i.e account executive required to go out be logistic or retail assistant)
Good working experience
Accounts Executive (Current Employee) –  East CoastFebruary 17, 2017
My current company is one of the SME companies in Singapore that keep growing and I am very proud to be part of it. For the my almost 6 yrs working experience with them, I gained a lot of learnings not only in my accounting field but also beyond, that contribute to my work ethics maturity and skilful knowledge. But the company is much more focus in establishing businesses and quite lesser attention in enhancement of productivity, which is the reason of doing things manually for the back end support.
Pros
lot of learnings
Cons
Fast pace, surrounded with young employees, fun work place
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 17, 2017
At awfully chocolate i see day to day operatios.We have a daily target that we need to meet. We also have an item of the day that we need to cross sell and upsell and as a retail manager I make sure that my staff are briefed with the products, promos and company rules. I conduct retail training to make sure the quality of service that my staff are giving to our customers and regulars. I learned a lot of hands on skill in pastry thru AC on how to pipe and decorate a cake and make some pastry products as well. Most of my colleagues in this company are young ones thats why I as their manager has to blend in order for us to work as a team. It is also enjoyable to work with them because I feel less stress and they balance the kind of work load in the company. The hardest part of the job I could say is to stay far from my son , awfully chocolate is singapore based and I have to sacrifice my longingness to my loved ones to support their needs. On the other note the part that I enjoyed the most is that I get to travel for free. The company give us annual trips and we get to explore different culture and places. And mostly we get to eat chocolate everyday.
Pros
Staff discounts, taxi allowance, company phone and laptop
Cons
Long hours, overseas
easy to adapt to job
ac girl (Former Employee) –  sembawang hillsOctober 26, 2016
i had fun working there because i was placed in an outlet where i was allowed to take my time to understand and learn whatever i needed to and whatever was required for my job.
Pros
Not much crowd
Cons
Pay drops to 5 an hr if minimum hrs per month not hit
Simple and fun job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KatongAugust 3, 2016
The best part of the job is working with my colleagues like we are one happy family. We take care of each other and always do the right thing.
Pros
Transport allowances
Cons
Long working hours
You love doing your job but ts too much
Retail & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 3, 2016
Its a full day job, we don't get to experience holidays and off days. I love being in the team, part timers were great but at the end of the day you will think of yourself, there is no "stepping up the ladder" you are just there, stuck managing 2-4 stores.
Unconventional & diverse.
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00August 27, 2014
As a Retail Manager of the cafe/outlet stores/restaurants, I am in charge of; planning and coordinating store operations, applying marketing strategies, ensuring the quality of customer service,and supervise personnel: training, motivation, appraisal, etc. Furthermore, i have learned: excellent interpersonal skills, effective time management skills, ability to stay calm in stressful circumstances, and ability to problem solve and think on my feet. Moreover, the company has been respectful and they provide opportunities for learning and growth, and have a strong work ethic. My colleagues represents a variety of backgrounds, experiences and personalities which make the company: positive and inclusive. There is no hard part in the job, I see it as a challenge. With open communication and positive attitude, it made the work environment enjoyable.