AMD Employee Reviews

Designing
IC designer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 24, 2017
The given work was not related to my qualifications
They have put me in training and after the period extended the
training to another 45 days. They had put me in digital section and not in Analog section.
Great working environment.
Co-op Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 24, 2017
Most of my colleague are very professional and busy working for their project and hence they don't have time to teach me, I have to work in a team under minimum supervision, I had learnt on how to ask quality question so that I can grow in the shortest time.
Work hard and Play hard.
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  BedokJune 5, 2017
Nice Experience in AMD. I did ATE Characterization in AMD. i had knowledge about ATE testers during the internship period. Advantest 93k and sapphire.
AMD Experience
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedok Town ParkFebruary 12, 2017
The key objective of the role is to continuously improve the reliability / availability of equipment and plant through developing and implementing a maintenance best practice system and a drive towards World Class Manufacturing standards.
Pros
Work balance life.
Cons
Not much.
Test Engineer
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 1, 2017
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) is an American multinational semiconductor company which produces the processors. I worked as a test engineer . It is tight schedule in AMD as test engineer. I have to released the test program in time as production schedule. Not specific working time and i need to stay back if it is necessary.Working environment is quite nice with own canteen and Gym facilities.
Pros
Gym facility
Cons
long hour
Many areas to improve
Regional Business Development - APJ (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 23, 2017
A good company with good solutions that lacks strong long term vision. Not employee friendly as the company is always downsizing and sends messages of uncertainly to its partners and OEMs.
Pros
Market leading solutions
Cons
Lack of marketing and brand awarness
Productive and fun workplace with bi-annually department team building activities.
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at AMD is fun & exciting with unexpected challenges working with overseas counterparts and cross functional teams. I have learnt how to manage my time juggling between equipment setup/maintenance, working on multiple projects with cross functional groups to preparing/answering for quality audits.

Management and co-workers at AMD are exceptionally understanding and helpful. The hardest part of my job would be to see so many friends and colleagues leave during my ~23years there due to the economic outlook.

The most enjoyable part of working in AMD is that we are go through hardships and have fun together like one big happy family.
Pros
Excellent healthcare coverage
Good place to work at
Section Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 24, 2016
Very satisfied with the working environment. As a fresh grad going into the company, i was able to grow and the company will always find ways to reward engineers who have the talent and positive attitude.
Great Workplace
Reliability Engineer II (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 30, 2016
Good work environment
Amazing Work life Balance
Helpful colleagues
Good benefits
Competitive management
Works on cutting edge technology
Always on the move
Product Implementation Manager (Lifecycle Manager) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 3, 2016
If you're someone who loves working at a competitive environment this is it. I liked the fact that there is always something around the corner needing attention and resolution. I grow fast that way.

Mosts of your information is obtained directly via team members as they prefer to work silo until a team alignment is needed to attain a certain goal.

They have team building activities which are always good for promoting a stronger culture of unity.
Pros
Team building culture
Cons
Always on the ball
Dying company
Yield Enhancement Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  KembanganMarch 31, 2016
A lot of people got retrenched for the past few years, work very boring although relaxed.

Can't totally blame the company, the whole semiconductor industry in Singapore is dying.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
boring
AMD has been destoyed by incompetant managment
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 24, 2016
You get to work on the cutting edge of technology, if you are in it to learn you can get do that by the bucket loads. Some of the brightest engineers are at AMD because the interview process is very rigorous
Fair warning though, you'll have no job stability. AMD is in pretty bad financial shape for a number of years now and layoffs are the norm. Performance counts for nothing, lay offs are frequent every quarter. Layoffs target dept without a second thought. Personal under affected debts are just numbers to be reduced. Management are mostly clueless MBA paperweights with no understanding of technology, some of them do have engineering degrees but it seems they have no touch with today's industry realities. During layoffs management almost always never affected, typical case of 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'. The management cartel is destroying the company. Focus is more on making pretty slides (some of the best looking TBH) for presentations and there are a ton of pointless meetings.

If you are an engineer trying to make a difference, AMD right now isn't the place for you as you'll be removed come some layoff before you get to make any difference. If you are in it learn things right out of college maybe AMD might work out for you, though there are cases were fresh gads were laid off just 4months into their time in the company.

The board of directors are totally useless, they are the very people responsible for hiring/appointing the people that have led to the company's dire state it is in today. Shareholders must act before it is too late, clean out the
  more... entire board and get people with real industry experience and knowledge applicable for AMD's core markets.  less
Pros
Cutting edge of tech, tons of learning, some of the best engineersin industry
Cons
Bonus grabbing top level mamagment, clueless supervisors and low level managers, cartel like mentality among managers
Highly energized manufacturing environment
Head of Department/Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chai CheeNovember 17, 2015
Good work place with supportive management. There were many challenging projects but very satisfying once they are completed. Organizational changes were plenty during my time so in that period, it can be difficult to focus.
Productive and fun work place
SAP SD - Business System Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00November 5, 2015
Work life balance , company provides frequent team buildings to build strength within teams and cross functions. Provide good Meal allowances, transport allowances, flexible working hours, Good medical benefits.
Pros
Cons
lack of proper documentations
Fun workplace
Test Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chai Chee LaneSeptember 22, 2015
AMD is the only alternative to Intel when it come to consumer PC microprocessors. Without AMD, there will be a monopoly in the CPU business which is not good for the consumers. The presence of AMD maintains the balance of CPU pricing in the PC market.
Productivity and satisfaction
Prod. Planning & Control Assistant (Non-Executive) (Former Employee) –  Chai Chee LaneAugust 31, 2015
Healthy work live style.
Proper training.
Good guidance.
Good management.
Safe work place.
Good benefits like long service awards, recognition awards etc

Most enjoyable part of my job is..
Meeting new staff,
Working diff level of staff
Great Teamwork
Pros
Company event, like family day, ADnD, etc
young workforce
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00September 29, 2014
it was my first job and it was great when I was there. Alot of fun young people like me..
Best in Documentation System
Snr. Engineering Asst. (Equipment CI) (Former Employee) –  Singapore,August 5, 2014
All precedures and specifications are well written. Very Approachable management. Restpect for people is the first in company values.
productive and advanced work space
Equipment technician (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00July 1, 2014
learned to work in team to handle most advanced technology,
friendly
Lead overall new project/product transfer plan (Former Employee) –  singaporeMay 23, 2014
Equipment quality control, liaise with vendors and customer service.
Pros
parties
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.

AMD Reviews by Location