AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Usher

Working for an AMC theater
Cashier/Usher (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 12, 2017
It's a stressful job at times and those times are more consistent than one would think. It is a demanding work environment and you have to be quick, friendly and efficient. Always wear a smile and try to connect is crucial. Earning that smile from a guest is the best part of the job.
Slow paced work
Box Office, Concession , Usher (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJNovember 26, 2017
a typical day at work would be for me clean the bathrooms and theatres, serve food and drinks to the guests, and also sell tickets to the guests.
I have learned about upselling and a little about the movie business.
Management was very good, they treated their employees with respect and helped us out any time they can.
Their really was no hard part of the job except when a bunch of people would come in all at once and it would get a little stressful.
Most enjoyable part was the free movies we would be allowed o watch on our breaks.
Pros
free movies, concession stand discounts.
Cons
Not enough money or hours
dreadful although satisfactional
Usher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 22, 2017
long exciting and fast paced, enjoyable enough to stay for a year. every day i would look forward to going to work and meeting new people. my co workers were also entertaining and fun to be around.
Pros
good people
Cons
long standing periods
Lacking of hours and pay.
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 30, 2017
Cleaning the theatres, setting up concssion, setting up props, changing lights. took tickets as movie started. I would help find seats if movie was pact. The hardest part of the job was the cleaning. The best part was find money. The hours were awful. The pay was awful.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
the hours and pay
Productive and fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 21, 2017
My jobs were to clean theatres, give the guest there tickets, and work concession. Also clean lobby and bathrooms
I learned how to deal with all types of different personality.management were a pleasure to work with and they actually promoted me to supervisor after 6 months. There was really no hard part about the job and my most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing the customers
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Rude customers
Fun Work Place
Usher and Cashier and Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAOctober 20, 2017
First Job Favorite Job. I literally enjoyed every work day. Management was very patient and allowed several opportunities to make more hours. Loved watching movies for free.
It was an okay place to work.
Usher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 17, 2017
I like working there because i could watch movies for free on my day off and i got to talk to and meet a lot of interesting people from all around the globe.
Pros
watch movies for free.
Cons
no benefits
Fun first job
Concession/Usher (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 14, 2017
Really busy when new movies come out. Not a set schedule, you will work random hours on random days. It's fun and a good job if you've never had one before.
Ushering was ok
Usher (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 13, 2017
At the Manhattan dine in theater it is a good solid first job. The managers are very relaxed but the job gets extremely monotonous over time. With the extreme turnover rate at the theater the company is always hiring so you get very very few hours even if you are a solid worker.
Pros
free movies
Cons
little hours
The movie theater was great with the discounts and the free tickets
Usher and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 9, 2017
It really was just a cool job i got to see everything first before anybody it was very easy work too all we had to do was deliver great customer service to the customers
Laid back work place
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 4, 2017
Its a blast working a theatre, everything's movies all day and all night. The rushes are minimal and theirs lots of time for extra special customer care and service. Cleaning up after people gets frustrating but that's about it. By far the most laid back work experience I've ever had.
Pros
free movies
Cons
way too many teenage employees
Amc
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 15, 2017
AMC is a fast paced environment on the weekends, on most weekdays its pretty slow. Various supervisors (about 5). Can be very rude and arrogant. Overall wouldn't work their again.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Your Managers, and the people
Great people
Usher (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 30, 2017
A day is always different depending on how many movies are show a day and how many people we get by the week and the weekend. Staff are really friendly especially when everything is done good.
Ok workplace, cool cowokers
Cashier, Usher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2017
This can be a very laid back job in the usher position. You literally tear tickets, clean theaters, and watch movies all day. The cashier position tends to be a bit fast paced, especially when school is out or on holidays. Certain management can make working here feel stressed.

While I was working there, no one ever had a full time work schedule (excluding management), unless they swap w co workers to pick up hours they didn't want for the week. Like, maybe one or two days out of the week, you'd get 8 hours, but then the rest were measly 4-6 hour shift. No one had set shifts, from what I understood your schedule was set at random.

Overall, I'd work here again if they offered full time positions with a set schedule.
Pros
Free movies for family, discounts
Cons
Its hard to get more than 30 hours a week, no set schedules
This is an overall easy job with great coworkers
Usher (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 13, 2017
I love working hear I love the people I work with. The only two complaints I have is ever since we changed to AMC all the ushers including me are only getting two days to work in a week. The other complaint is that the management could be handled differently to improve Customer and employee experience.
Pros
Free tickets.
Cons
Few amount of work hours
Free movies are great
Ticket Counter/Concession/Usher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 12, 2017
Most of the management was pretty great. A typical work day would consist of cleaning theaters and bathrooms, taking concession orders and ticket sales.
Basic
Concessions/Usher (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 7, 2017
I don't know how management is now it was improving when I left but my advice do your part the best you can because in the end that's all you really do. Coke machines breakdown too often on the weekends but the weekdays are usually slower paced.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Chaotic Weekends
Managers
Cashier/Usher (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 29, 2017
The managers are unprofessional and inappropriate. To keep your minimum wage job here at AMC you have to choose between family and school life or your job.
Fun place to be
Cashier, Porter, Usher, Box Office (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2017
I've really enjoyed my time at AMC. The team is a great group of people, free movies for all employees, and flexible schedule. It does get hectic, and sometimes you feel as though you don't get paid enough to deal with the things that you have to deal with, but overall a great experience. I work in concessions, box office, ushering, and portering the lobby. Concessions stresses me out because the guests aren't always too happy with the price of popcorn, but box office is my favorite place to be scheduled.
Not well suited for most people.
Usher (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 15, 2017
At first, the job was amazing: great people to work with and hours that worked around me. Then it downgraded quickly to a stressful bundle of people quitting and it ended up hurting all of us.
Pros
Free movies, 35 minute breaks, great people
Cons
Hours are questionable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9