AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Usher

Productive and easy going
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 3, 2018
I loved working here! Not only is it a stress free job, but you get see movies for free! Managers were great and it definitely was no problem for me waking up and going to work there because I loved it and made awesome friends.
Pros
Great coworkers, brings shy people out of their shells
Cons
Doesn’t pay rent
Amc Amazing
Cashier/Usher/Deliveries (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 17, 2018
Make smiles happen! Working here was cool the vibes here were chill and fun! Everyday when i came into work theres always something fun happening at work.
Terrible
Usher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I started as seasonal and it was my first real job. The people where nice to me and taught me how to do my job with great detail. The workload as an usher (which I was) is sometimes way too much. There are points were scheduling was messed up and others where there was only a one minute or no break at all between theaters. You are always on your feet at all times and only allowed to sit on breaks out of sight of costumers (unless the managers like you). As seasonal I had to work holidays so my Christmas morning was short with my family and work was busy. Once it calmed down and seasonal was over I kept my job because my friend who worked as a regular crew member suggested I be kept on. I was paid 8.25 to start and a month before I quit it was changed to 8.30 which I had found out that every employe except for myself had been being paid to start with. After a few weeks of being on a regular schedule the managers started to treat me differently. I was being reprimanded for doing things the way I was told and how others did them. The crew members were great and always made working bearable but the female managers not only were unkind to me but I was told that they talked about me to my coworkers behind my back. When I had finally had enough I quit and again I was treated unfairly. I was told to come after my shift to sign the paperwork and I was told on my last shift I would date it and that would be the end of my job there. For two weeks I checked the schedule and I didn’t show up as working. When I called about the paperwork it had already been dated for me. So if you are considering  more... this job I would say as long as you have thick skin and are really strapped for cash (the bare minimum that is) then apply here otherwise don’t bother).  less
Pros
Free movies
Cons
The workload, the management
I hated this place
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, AZAugust 16, 2018
It was horribly mismanaged and it felt like none of the managers knew how to do their jobs. some people would be left to do a whole team's job by themselves because the rest of the team was scheduled to leave early and if they stayed they got yelled at. I gave them my bank information for payment use and they just never put it in no matter how many times i gave it to them or asked.
Nice
Usher (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 11, 2018
It was nice working there love the place. The people were nice as the well friendly place. West Orange is a nice and quiet place so it makes the movies a quiet surrounding as well.
Poor service
Usher (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 1, 2018
Everyday there was lines out the door just for tickets! I would come in earlier just to help clean because it took 4-5 people to clean! Never go tell management if you have an issue because they will only yell at you and fire you if you haven't made your 90 days
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else
Very fun work place with only the occasional concerned visitor
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 27, 2018
I would definitely return to AMC if the pay was higher and I would be working as a supervisor or manager. The great perk is free movies before or after shifts and on your days off.
Pros
View movies before their release, Free movies on off time
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
fun work place, easy going group
Cashier/Usher (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 19, 2018
typically pretty face paced, biggest complaint is schedule is not always sent out on time, overall the management is super nice, flexible and understanding, the hardest part is when there is not enough people scheduled on a busy day because it is hard to predict how many people are going to come each day
Not what I expected
Usher (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJuly 12, 2018
I think they should take money out of our check for cleaning services. When is it the Ushers responsibility for cleaning the restrooms. I can understand cleaning the movie theater but not the bathrooms. Especially the women's bathroom. It was disgusting. It took forever to receive my check. The payroll is horrible.
Pros
Discount on movies
Cons
No teamwork
Free stuff
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 12, 2018
You get free posters, pop corn, soda and slushes on breaks. and can watch movies anytime! and bring 1 person to come see movie with you. But as a minor I was paid under minimum wage. if ur an adult... u might not like this job. cleaning after people. good starter job.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
management, bathroom clean up, theater clean up after childs movie
Cool job to work at
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Definitely a good working experience you learn a lot the benefits are great and you make a good amount of money i would definitely work here again if I had the chance
No longer good place to work.
USHER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2018
Employees are worked to the bone, to the point of exhaustion. Employees are treated badly and scared to make the tiniest mistake. Working conditions can get very unbearable.
Pros
Free movies and half off food when working.
Cons
Not enough pay and No holiday pay.
Poor management
Usher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 31, 2018
The AMC that I worked had very poor management. They hated the employees even with no reason for the hate. My coworkers were all very nice and helpful, but management, and the hours I had to work made it a miserable experience.
Fast paced and stressful or slow and boring
Usher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2018
This is an overall okay job however, I felt management was too concerned with customer satisfaction to a point where it affected the employees negatively. You often have to cater to inconsiderate customers and due to the swing of rush hours there are times where it could be very overwhelming.
Pros
When it was busy time flew
Cons
Short breaks and strenuous and difficult work as an usher
A great 1st job
Crew Member USHER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2018
I was lucky to have a decent management team. The GM surprisingly taught me some things about work ethic that I still apply til this day. Its a pretty good job but I say its mainly for teenagers.
Work place
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 14, 2018
While working at AMC was pretty fun and while we would wait for a movie to be over and done cleaning would watch some. And the discounts on food was pretty good I love their food and the hardest part was being on my feet the whole time.
Fun place to work at with good benefits as in free movies.
Usher and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 8, 2018
AMC theaters is a very nice place to work at. It has a good environment and upper management is very good. It is fun and very diverse. Also the benefits of AMC theaters is good as well. They could change some things up like there type of candy selection, movie times etc. Overall great place to work.
Pros
In a populate area, free movies, and popcorn/soda
Cons
holidays, shift times
Nice place to work if you aren’t looking for many hours
Usher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Doesn’t offer a lot of hours because they have too many workers so they want everyone to have hours . If you’re looking for more than 20 hours a week you should work somewhere else.
Pros
Discounted lunch, free movies
Cons
Not enough hours
Dun
Usher (Former Employee) –  Mount Zion, ILApril 13, 2018
It was a fun and exiting place to work. I loved all the employees and customers. I never had nothing to do I was always busy. I recommend for anyone looking for a job to work at AMC
Easy yet stressful
Usher (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 10, 2018
Weekdays are often the easiest. As an usher, there is basically nothing to do. But on the weekends it gets busy and stressful, especially if you do not have a reliable crew.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Limited to 2 tickets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.