AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Usher

fun work place, easy going group
Cashier/Usher (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJuly 19, 2018
typically pretty face paced, biggest complaint is schedule is not always sent out on time, overall the management is super nice, flexible and understanding, the hardest part is when there is not enough people scheduled on a busy day because it is hard to predict how many people are going to come each day
Not what I expected
Usher (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJJuly 12, 2018
I think they should take money out of our check for cleaning services. When is it the Ushers responsibility for cleaning the restrooms. I can understand cleaning the movie theater but not the bathrooms. Especially the women's bathroom. It was disgusting. It took forever to receive my check. The payroll is horrible.
Pros
Discount on movies
Cons
No teamwork
Free stuff
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 12, 2018
You get free posters, pop corn, soda and slushes on breaks. and can watch movies anytime! and bring 1 person to come see movie with you. But as a minor I was paid under minimum wage. if ur an adult... u might not like this job. cleaning after people. good starter job.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
management, bathroom clean up, theater clean up after childs movie
Cool job to work at
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Definitely a good working experience you learn a lot the benefits are great and you make a good amount of money i would definitely work here again if I had the chance
No longer good place to work.
USHER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2018
Employees are worked to the bone, to the point of exhaustion. Employees are treated badly and scared to make the tiniest mistake. Working conditions can get very unbearable.
Pros
Free movies and half off food when working.
Cons
Not enough pay and No holiday pay.
Fast paced and stressful or slow and boring
Usher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 22, 2018
This is an overall okay job however, I felt management was too concerned with customer satisfaction to a point where it affected the employees negatively. You often have to cater to inconsiderate customers and due to the swing of rush hours there are times where it could be very overwhelming.
Pros
When it was busy time flew
Cons
Short breaks and strenuous and difficult work as an usher
A great 1st job
Crew Member USHER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2018
I was lucky to have a decent management team. The GM surprisingly taught me some things about work ethic that I still apply til this day. Its a pretty good job but I say its mainly for teenagers.
Work place
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 14, 2018
While working at AMC was pretty fun and while we would wait for a movie to be over and done cleaning would watch some. And the discounts on food was pretty good I love their food and the hardest part was being on my feet the whole time.
Fun place to work at with good benefits as in free movies.
Usher and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 8, 2018
AMC theaters is a very nice place to work at. It has a good environment and upper management is very good. It is fun and very diverse. Also the benefits of AMC theaters is good as well. They could change some things up like there type of candy selection, movie times etc. Overall great place to work.
Pros
In a populate area, free movies, and popcorn/soda
Cons
holidays, shift times
Nice place to work if you aren’t looking for many hours
Usher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Doesn’t offer a lot of hours because they have too many workers so they want everyone to have hours . If you’re looking for more than 20 hours a week you should work somewhere else.
Pros
Discounted lunch, free movies
Cons
Not enough hours
Dun
Usher (Former Employee) –  Mount Zion, ILApril 13, 2018
It was a fun and exiting place to work. I loved all the employees and customers. I never had nothing to do I was always busy. I recommend for anyone looking for a job to work at AMC
Easy yet stressful
Usher (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 10, 2018
Weekdays are often the easiest. As an usher, there is basically nothing to do. But on the weekends it gets busy and stressful, especially if you do not have a reliable crew.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Limited to 2 tickets
Fun Job
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 3, 2018
Cleaning theaters, working concessions, selling tickets in box office. This AMC had pretty good management so long as your did your job. Co-workers were cool enough, movies were free.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Food Prices
Great place to start
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
This is a great entry level job for High School students. You will start at minimum wage and may receive a raise of twenty five cents within six months. There are no benefits other than being able to see films for free during your time off.
Slow Days
Usher (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 21, 2018
The weekdays are the least busiest, especially going from January - March because less customers show up to the theater and less employees show up to work at the theater.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
N/a
Great job
Usher (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDMarch 18, 2018
A typical day was always calm collected never too busy but when it was we were able to get through it professionally. Management is good they are grounded sympathetic and understanding.
Fun place to work, overall
Usher/Crew (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2018
AMC is a fun place to work, I really enjoy it. The management is great, the coworkers are great, and the benefits are great. The only problems are that the pay sucks, and the customers are extremely pretentious. Being in the upper-class area of the city, one would think that there would be greater compensation for all the work that is done, but that is not the case. We were held to a higher standard, and we're told to give our maximum for their minimum. It's rather paradoxical.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Amc theater was fun
Usher (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 1, 2018
cool place to work worked there for a month cause the pay was poor
buy i met a lot of cool people while i worked there. Free movies was a plus and it was never too boring
Pros
Cool Opportunities
Cons
Weekends are mandatory
Interesting Job experince
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 15, 2018
At first, I was very excited and confident in working with AMC. Unfortunately, there were a lot of things about the team that I was unaware of that made me want to work there less. Some of the staff was choosy with what task they wanted to do, management was lazy, and keeping the place clean was to a minimum. There were also times where certain employees were given special treatment, but others not. I found that to be unfair, and bias.
Pros
slushies, seeing movies free
Cons
Favoritism, Staff, Management
Fun Place to work
All Server/Usher (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 23, 2018
The place was fun to work at, but there was no real stability in terms of the hours. On top of that, there was no real chance for advancement and the benefits were not particularly great, unless you were management. However it was a fun atmosphere and I did enjoy the environment quite a bit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.