AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Supervisor

it was ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2018
Working at AMC NP was fun. Management just needs help. Managers were kinda lazy and left all the work on their Supervisors and thus blamed us for all its problems too. Besides poor management, it was nice forming a relationship of trust with the crew. A crew who enjoys their work will make sure guest enjoy the crew and their day.
Pros
fun crew
Cons
Poor management, understaffed
Ehh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 13, 2018
Ok for a temporary job, they expect a lot of you. Never enough staff on busy days. Slow days can be chill. Really depends on which theater you are at and the people there.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 7, 2018
People were friendly to work with, made many friends, enjoyed going to work. Always had support from the coworkers, and never felt bad about anything.
Pros
Meeting new people, fun environment
Very poor communication between local floor managers and upper managers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 6, 2018
The local General Manager and floor staff had very little contact almost all GM communication was in response to what he viewed on cameras positioned throughout the theater
Pros
Free movies
Fun Place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 17, 2018
Overall good Job! You wont regret working here. This place gives you a foundation to build your movie knowledge its very fast paced which I really like.
It's a fun place to work but be ready to work hard.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 10, 2018
AMC Theatres is a fun first job. They train you properly to do the job right. They also help you thrive to leadership. Also you get FREE MOVIES. With the right co workers and the right leadership team it is a place that people can learn a lot about the entertainment business. Just be ready to work a lot and hard. It is after all a movie theater and it gets busy.
Pros
Fun First Job, Good Learning Environment, Free Movies, Promotions, Many Work Hours
Cons
Low pay, Frustrating sometimes, and very intense.
un supportive upper management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2018
Working for amc as a crew member was a womnderful experience. But as a manager you see you have little support form the corperation. Constantly making cutbacks and managers jobs harder as well as paying everyone as little as they are possibly allowed to get away with.
Amc is a cool place to work for. Its also easy to move up in the company if you apply yourself.
Theatres Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJApril 6, 2018
I worked for AMC for 4+ years and I can honestly say I loved that job. I started as a cook and did that for for years before becoming a supervisor. Most of the management team are cool and fair people. I would recommend someone to work there.
Honestly the best job ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ 07303March 26, 2018
I loved this job, it was honestly such a fun environment when you were working. Management constantly assisted us during rush hours and never made anyone feel uncomfortable. Admittedly this is a job I reccomend to anybody who enjoys movies and is okay with working late hours. We're asked to sell AMC Stubs cards, but their benefits totally fit the price that the company asks for. I left the company for personal reasons, but this is for sure one of the best jobs to have. I loved everything about the AMC culture.
Pros
Company picnics, free movies, flexible hours, a lot of opportunity for growth
Cons
late hours
The crew is what makes that place worth while
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAMarch 23, 2018
The crew is amazing
The management coud use some work
The job its self is very easy
Dealing with guests is something that you will have to do, even when they call for a hgher up you are the one to deal with it.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Dog eat dog with everyone
Management sucks
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SCMarch 20, 2018
Management sucks and corporate sucks. They don't take harassment seriously at all. They don't monitor their theatres enough. It really is saddening because it could be better.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Corporate, rude customers, lack of renovations
A good place for a first job
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 4, 2018
AMC was great as a first job. There are some good advancement options to begin with - but it is difficult to advance quickly after themanagement level.
Pros
free movies, discount on concessions
Great beginning
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 1, 2018
Typical days are customer heavy based, everyday was interactions with guest. The company offered many opportunities to learn new departments such as human resources, admin.
Pros
great with school schedule
Cons
working weekends
Do not work here
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIFebruary 4, 2018
AMC Theatres used to be Carmike Cinemas, I was part of the team when the companies switched over and it was a very poor decision. AMC pays the lowest amount in the marketplace and expects a great deal of work out of you. Harassment is a great problem in the work environment, especially for young workers and the company doesn't do anything to help. There is no room for growth at all in the company and the hours of operation are constantly changing. The hours you get to work all depend on which movie releases are happening: low release movies = no hours. Management doesn't care about the cleanliness of the building.
Terrible Place to Work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 22, 2018
The management was below adequate. There was constant blame shifting and endless he said she said. Customers where not taken care of in a timely manner and often made fun of behind their backs. Lots of gossip here. Management treated positions below them like personal servants. A lot of work for a super with hardly any positive outcome. Supers were to build movies, create the new schedules, remove old info, run projection booth, take care of customers, take care of employee problems, take phone calls, and do computer training with little to no help from the actual management team.
Pros
Free Tickets
Cons
Lack of managerial competence
Fast paced fun work involvement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Fast paced fun work involvement that help me propel myself into what I am looking for in my future. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people daily
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
work is busiest on weekends and Holidays.
Horrendous company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I'm not sure if other theatres offer such amenities such as health care benefits or vacation days, but AMC does not. There are no such things as "breaks" unless a manager or coworker covers you. They do not legally have to give you one. There is no such thing as overtime pay or holiday pay unless the general manager graces you with such but during my years of working there and the countless Christmas' away from my family, I was never paid more than any other day on special holidays (even when I was promoted). The only way working here is manageable is because of the friends you make and screenings. All of my friends who worked with me who moved on to another job have all said they hated working there.
Pros
Free movies, screenings
Cons
no benefits, no breaks, underpaid, no overtime or extra pay during holidays
work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, IL 60018January 14, 2018
Lacking in terms of hours, employment, lack of advancement. too much favoritism. Employees worked to the bone, too few employees scheduled. blah blah
Dont
Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 7, 2018
I would never recommend anyone working for AMC Theaters.

Limited benefits.

Upper management will overwork their theater management with very poor compensation
Fun place to watch people grow
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXDecember 21, 2017
I enjoyed the kids. For most it was their job. This is a fast paced job. Love that their was no down to be sitting around. Enjoyed the staff from managers down. It was like family most of the time. They would always work with everyone schedules.
Pros
The smiles
Cons
Sometimes short handed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.