AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Manager

Fun and very flexible job
Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 22, 2018
The job always tried to be flexible with hours especially for students. They offer multiple opportunities for advancement from within. I learned a lot about working with the public and dealing with very busy times. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public.
Company that doesn't care for its employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 12, 2018
The largest cinema chain in the world and they use loop holes to cheat employees. No overtime paid in Ohio (state law loop holes exploited), no holiday pay yet expected to work ALL holidays and they keep you at 28 hours a week so they don't have to offer health insurance even though that's not a federal policy anymore.
If you call off for any reason, illness, family emergency, ect., you are given a written disciplinary action. This is even with getting your shift covered. Management is not permitted to ever call off or be absent for any reason.
Pros
Free movies for yourself and 1 guest
Cons
No overtime, holiday pay, vacation or sick leave.
Bad place to work at local level
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 11, 2018
AMC is a great place to work if you work for coporate. However it is not a great place to work if you are in the local market. Pay is not valued for the amount of work that is being done
All Hail the Corporate Machine
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJuly 5, 2018
If you have by sort of autonomy whatsoever, it will be stripped away as you rise higher in the ranks of AMC. They want everything, including employees, cookie cutter.

They don't understand small markets and it shows in theaters built in smaller cities. As a manager, you are told you own the building and to treat it as such. What is meant is that you are a scapegoat for all problems had. And that travels downhill.
Pros
Free movies. Free popcorn.
Cons
Never wanting to see those movies because it invloves being inside the soul crushing place you work.
It was okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 2, 2018
I would not go back, worked too much for little pay, and did not follow mission statement. Just not really my favorite place to be. I did enjoy the management.
Great first job, and fun place to work at.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2018
Overall AMC is fun first job with flexible schedules and the opportunity to move up pretty quickly if desired. You have to deal with a lot of people coming in. Most are very friendly and happy, yet there are those few that are just miserable who seem to want to make everyone else just as miserable. Free movies and screenings! Great coworkers. As AMC is growing, it is becoming very sales oriented. Crew are required to pitch AMC Stubs to every guest.
Pros
Free movies. Free popcorn and soda while working
Cons
Working nights and weekends. pays minimum wage.
Good beginner job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 26, 2018
Wanna get your foot in the door to start working this is great! I worked my way up when the opportunity came. Depending on you manager it could be a good experience. You get out what you put in. Scheduling isn’t consistent at all and some days can be long depending on what movie is coming out. Get ready to spend all your holidays and weekends here.
Pros
The opportunity to advance
Cons
Never close, no consistent scheduling
A very obvious job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2018
It is what you expect it to be.The job can be pretty hectic and there are a bit of flaws with the company like constant policy changes, new promotions.
not that great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 20, 2018
great place to work, great benefits only thing wish the management functioned better, only issue working here. the guest didnt like the prices but a good experience replaces that
Great part time job
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PA 19454June 15, 2018
I started at AMC just working concessions. They saw the potential in me. From there I learned ticketing, opening, closing, and how to run the projectors. I just recently was promoted to manager. If you are conscientious and are good at your job, you can move up in the company.
Great place that promotes from within
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 28, 2018
AMC is a fun place that trains people and then promotes its own to management positions. Perks like free movie passes helps with those that love to watch movies.
Pros
Free movies, fun atmosphere
Great First Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2018
Fast paced environment. Can be stressful due to guest concerns and so many guest coming in. I learned how guest service skills, human resources, administration, and how to do inventory. Just like any work place you will get your good and bad managers. Hardest parts are trying to keep everyone on the same page. Most enjoyable is meeting new people.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No breaks
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Low wages resulted in a candidate pool that made it hard to schedule adequately. Frequently understaffed. Expectations exceeded resources provided. Long Hours. Ruthless guests. Lack of recognition from management. Hard Work!
Pros
50% discount on food items. Free movies for you and a fried depending on your position.
Cons
Hard Work. Long Hours. Under staffing.
Low compensation and not enough days for personal life
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMarch 28, 2018
The company only advances those that they are close to. Your hard work and dedication won't get you to the next level. The environment can be fun but it is not the place for a career.
Had a bad experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXMarch 26, 2018
I loved the job here up until I was sexually Harassed by the General Manager. When it was reported and he was made aware of it. I then had alot of reports made against me pushing me out the door. Very dirty and underhanded dealings within this company.
Pros
Fun people to work with. Movies for free were nice.
Cons
Management if they dont get their way they will try to push you out.
Look at movies free.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
I started as an cashier and move up into Management. In one year I starting asking questions about promotions and I was great at it. I went back to college and returned to see that AMC closed down.
Pros
Watching movies and eating free.
Cons
It closed down.
Always something new
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2018
With the company's recent business decisions, I find that the employees are paying the price. More and more responsibilities are brought onto the employees without a pay raise or equal compensation. The company continues to raise their expectations without raising pay. While they do promote team-oriented work, they are wonderful at making the job feel like a family. This is a great job for high schoolers looking to work minimum wage.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
High expectations, low pay
Great starter job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas city, moMarch 12, 2018
Great starter job. Groomed me to be the manager I am today. Developed me to be a trainer in my dept. The managers I had were amazing and were willing to help when needed.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Never closed
it was okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 12, 2018
it was an okay place to work. it is a great place for college kids and high school kids but that's pretty much it. the pay isn't great but at least you get free movies.
Poor Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
AMC does not seem to care about it's employees, you are just a number to them. Upper Management does not help the regular crew out. People quit a lot forcing other employees to be transferred.
Pros
Free movies at any AMC. Discount on food and stubs membership is free
Cons
Cheap quality products. Poor Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.