AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Manager

Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Low wages resulted in a candidate pool that made it hard to schedule adequately. Frequently understaffed. Expectations exceeded resources provided. Long Hours. Ruthless guests. Lack of recognition from management. Hard Work!
Pros
50% discount on food items. Free movies for you and a fried depending on your position.
Cons
Hard Work. Long Hours. Under staffing.
Low compensation and not enough days for personal life
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMarch 28, 2018
The company only advances those that they are close to. Your hard work and dedication won't get you to the next level. The environment can be fun but it is not the place for a career.
Had a bad experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXMarch 26, 2018
I loved the job here up until I was sexually Harassed by the General Manager. When it was reported and he was made aware of it. I then had alot of reports made against me pushing me out the door. Very dirty and underhanded dealings within this company.
Pros
Fun people to work with. Movies for free were nice.
Cons
Management if they dont get their way they will try to push you out.
Look at movies free.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
I started as an cashier and move up into Management. In one year I starting asking questions about promotions and I was great at it. I went back to college and returned to see that AMC closed down.
Pros
Watching movies and eating free.
Cons
It closed down.
Always something new
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2018
With the company's recent business decisions, I find that the employees are paying the price. More and more responsibilities are brought onto the employees without a pay raise or equal compensation. The company continues to raise their expectations without raising pay. While they do promote team-oriented work, they are wonderful at making the job feel like a family. This is a great job for high schoolers looking to work minimum wage.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
High expectations, low pay
Great starter job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas city, moMarch 12, 2018
Great starter job. Groomed me to be the manager I am today. Developed me to be a trainer in my dept. The managers I had were amazing and were willing to help when needed.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Never closed
it was okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 12, 2018
it was an okay place to work. it is a great place for college kids and high school kids but that's pretty much it. the pay isn't great but at least you get free movies.
Poor Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
AMC does not seem to care about it's employees, you are just a number to them. Upper Management does not help the regular crew out. People quit a lot forcing other employees to be transferred.
Pros
Free movies at any AMC. Discount on food and stubs membership is free
Cons
Cheap quality products. Poor Management.
Poor company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 9, 2018
This company does a good job of keeping it's employees around by offering small promotions and raises. Then you realize that there is no room for advancement and that your over worked and under paid. The vacation pay was structured with the hours worked. But you could never take off work because of some big movie opening.
Pros
Free movies and private screenings
Cons
Limited vacation time use, over worked under paid
a typical day at work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2017
It was always busy, lines at the concession stand and the ticket stand but it was very fast paced and a wonderful experience I have interacted with people from all walks of life and won't change it
Pros
great work experience
Cons
short lunch breaks
A fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2017
It was fun - Advancement opportunities exist but you have to move to Kansas City. Little oversight was both a Pro and a Con. I didn't have anyone breathing down my back, but also, I don't think upper management had a clue of my capabilities.
Pros
Little oversight
Cons
Little oversight
Underpaid
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 27, 2017
It's not a bad place to work. The management is okay, and the work itself is alright, but expect to be sorely underpaid until you get a salaried position.
Cons
Pay
My theatre was fun to work at, but that’s bc I have an excellent GM above him though I don’t know if they have our well being at heart.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2017
Don’t get a job here if you want to be paid fairly. While it can be fun, nobody stays because of pay, on top of that it can get stressful and hard to have a personal life.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
People above the GM do not care about you.
Was a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 27, 2017
AMC took over after a few years of Kerasotes Cinemas (thank the gods, they were awful) and was willing to put the time and money and realized the great niche of a second run discount theatre for the families of Fort Collins.

They offered standard film crew pay, but Management pay was great including some benefits and regular training classes to keep knowledge up to date and to recruit the best managers in the area for promotions or new GM availabilities.

The "2 dollar" was is a great place, old and a little rinky-dink, but it had soul and was one of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
Staff, movies, soda, location, flexible hours
Cons
occasional guest out of control/jerk
Fast paced work environment
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 2, 2017
As a manager of AMC I have risen in the ranks from film crew/server while I was still attending Undergrad. I have learned a great amount about guest recovery, cash handling, associate training, and how to balance a healthy work and life routine. The job can at times be very demanding and stressful, but the atmosphere, employees, and previous job training will allow you to be able to handle anything.
Fun, challenging,
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 14, 2017
Currently having some financial concerns for investors . Reducing hours of operations companywide. Resulting in downsizing measures being implemented.
Management advancements
Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 14, 2017
Learned a lot when it comes to movie theatre operations but also learned how to be a manager. Took on several different departments such as bar operations, human resources, administration, theatre performance and marketing.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Late nights
Nice Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCAugust 9, 2017
Awesome company for new managers. Not a lot of money, no overtime pay but lots of flexibility and great work culture. Many opportunities to relocate and advance with company if you are willing to relocate to larger theaters.
Great Job for Youth
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
As a manager you get to mold and assist with career development for teens. Great way to give back to the our future. Great GM and encourages career growth.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
great place to work at and to meet new people. different cultures and personailties
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 3, 2017
the most enjoyable part about this job is meeting new people from all
different cultures and backgrounds . The hardest part about the job are the angry guest but that comes with the job and thats part of
your job is to turn this angry guest into a happy guest
Pros
free movies
Cons
work alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.