AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Manager

Found 124 reviews matching the search See all 2,919 reviews
Intense, fast paced, long hours
Theater Manager (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 21, 2018
AMC is a great company to work for...if you are young. Working in leadership at AMC is VERY demanding and will require long hours that are not set or consistent. You will learn a lot, there are several departments to oversee as well as the day-to-day operations. There is never a dull moment, and the team around you will be second to none. However, if you are looking for a good work-life balance, you will not find it here. You will find great hard working people. You will find some room for advancement (Lots if you are able/willing to relocate). It is a great job if you are just starting out or if you are looking to stay with one company for a long time.
Pros
Free Movies, popcorn & drinks
Cons
long hours, high stress
A place to grow
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 15, 2018
I started working the door but moved into hiring. They promote if you stay long enough and show that you care. There is a culture that can be both fun and stifling. It's not meant for people to stand out
Pros
Chances to advance
Cons
Can be stifling and maybe a little boring at times
Love this place
Manger (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXOctober 12, 2018
I love what I do and how were treated. The location im at now wants new ways to deal with issues so there bringing in many new managers. Plus they have great benifits
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
No breaks and staff changes alot
Amc
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2018
I love working as a manager, however since having my daughter I would rather not work holidays and I would like something with a set schedule and not such late shifts. More of a 9-5 job.
Pros
benefits, free movies, great pay.
Cons
no set schedule, gotta work holidays, gotta work late hours(almost two in the morning some nights)
productive and fun place to work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2018
Typical day would be to make sure all employees are working and not standing around. make the schedule every week and inventory. Hardest part of the job was when the alarm sounded or the movie stopped. Overall I did enjoy working there until it closed down.
Pros
flexible hours, easy to work with other employee
Cons
had to go different theatres every six months
It’s fun while you’re in school.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Assembly RowSeptember 2, 2018
I loved it at first but over time I just saw it as a job to go to work. I thought I wanted a career out of this but this job drains me. There people there are amazing
Pros
Free movies, 1/2 on food, Good for the summer or in school job
Cons
Constant rude customers, Give up weekends and holidays, Big rushes overwhelming, Pay not worth the work
Many opportunities for advancement.
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2018
Many opportunities for advancement. I started as a concessionist in high school and worked my way up to manager in 5 years, and gained valuable work experience in that time.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Alpena MiJuly 25, 2018
the company has a great mission and drive. customer and employee oriented, the culture is upbeat and friendly. only complaint lies in management and lack of support and resources for small and/or remote theaters from cooperate
Fun and very flexible job
Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 22, 2018
The job always tried to be flexible with hours especially for students. They offer multiple opportunities for advancement from within. I learned a lot about working with the public and dealing with very busy times. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public.
Theater Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
The theatre is great for kids starting out in the workforce but for someone that has been in fast-paced restaurants its slow for me. The days are long and I find myself looking for something to do.
Pros
free movies
Cons
slow pace
Company that doesn't care for its employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 12, 2018
The largest cinema chain in the world and they use loop holes to cheat employees. No overtime paid in Ohio (state law loop holes exploited), no holiday pay yet expected to work ALL holidays and they keep you at 28 hours a week so they don't have to offer health insurance even though that's not a federal policy anymore.
If you call off for any reason, illness, family emergency, ect., you are given a written disciplinary action. This is even with getting your shift covered. Management is not permitted to ever call off or be absent for any reason.
Pros
Free movies for yourself and 1 guest
Cons
No overtime, holiday pay, vacation or sick leave.
Bad place to work at local level
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 11, 2018
AMC is a great place to work if you work for coporate. However it is not a great place to work if you are in the local market. Pay is not valued for the amount of work that is being done
All Hail the Corporate Machine
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJuly 5, 2018
If you have by sort of autonomy whatsoever, it will be stripped away as you rise higher in the ranks of AMC. They want everything, including employees, cookie cutter.

They don't understand small markets and it shows in theaters built in smaller cities. As a manager, you are told you own the building and to treat it as such. What is meant is that you are a scapegoat for all problems had. And that travels downhill.
Pros
Free movies. Free popcorn.
Cons
Never wanting to see those movies because it invloves being inside the soul crushing place you work.
It was okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 2, 2018
I would not go back, worked too much for little pay, and did not follow mission statement. Just not really my favorite place to be. I did enjoy the management.
Great first job, and fun place to work at.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2018
Overall AMC is fun first job with flexible schedules and the opportunity to move up pretty quickly if desired. You have to deal with a lot of people coming in. Most are very friendly and happy, yet there are those few that are just miserable who seem to want to make everyone else just as miserable. Free movies and screenings! Great coworkers. As AMC is growing, it is becoming very sales oriented. Crew are required to pitch AMC Stubs to every guest.
Pros
Free movies. Free popcorn and soda while working
Cons
Working nights and weekends. pays minimum wage.
Good beginner job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 26, 2018
Wanna get your foot in the door to start working this is great! I worked my way up when the opportunity came. Depending on you manager it could be a good experience. You get out what you put in. Scheduling isn’t consistent at all and some days can be long depending on what movie is coming out. Get ready to spend all your holidays and weekends here.
Pros
The opportunity to advance
Cons
Never close, no consistent scheduling
A very obvious job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2018
It is what you expect it to be.The job can be pretty hectic and there are a bit of flaws with the company like constant policy changes, new promotions.
not that great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 20, 2018
great place to work, great benefits only thing wish the management functioned better, only issue working here. the guest didnt like the prices but a good experience replaces that
Great part time job
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PA 19454June 15, 2018
I started at AMC just working concessions. They saw the potential in me. From there I learned ticketing, opening, closing, and how to run the projectors. I just recently was promoted to manager. If you are conscientious and are good at your job, you can move up in the company.
Great place that promotes from within
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 28, 2018
AMC is a fun place that trains people and then promotes its own to management positions. Perks like free movie passes helps with those that love to watch movies.
Pros
Free movies, fun atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.