AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Manager

A fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2017
It was fun - Advancement opportunities exist but you have to move to Kansas City. Little oversight was both a Pro and a Con. I didn't have anyone breathing down my back, but also, I don't think upper management had a clue of my capabilities.
Pros
Little oversight
Cons
Little oversight
Underpaid
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 27, 2017
It's not a bad place to work. The management is okay, and the work itself is alright, but expect to be sorely underpaid until you get a salaried position.
Cons
Pay
My theatre was fun to work at, but that’s bc I have an excellent GM above him though I don’t know if they have our well being at heart.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2017
Don’t get a job here if you want to be paid fairly. While it can be fun, nobody stays because of pay, on top of that it can get stressful and hard to have a personal life.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
People above the GM do not care about you.
Great place to learn a variety of skills
Hourly manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 25, 2017
Working at AMC will prepare you for just about any other retail experience. There are opportunities for development and advancement. Plus free movies.
Was a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 27, 2017
AMC took over after a few years of Kerasotes Cinemas (thank the gods, they were awful) and was willing to put the time and money and realized the great niche of a second run discount theatre for the families of Fort Collins.

They offered standard film crew pay, but Management pay was great including some benefits and regular training classes to keep knowledge up to date and to recruit the best managers in the area for promotions or new GM availabilities.

The "2 dollar" was is a great place, old and a little rinky-dink, but it had soul and was one of the best jobs I've had.
Pros
Staff, movies, soda, location, flexible hours
Cons
occasional guest out of control/jerk
Fun, challenging,
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 14, 2017
Currently having some financial concerns for investors . Reducing hours of operations companywide. Resulting in downsizing measures being implemented.
Management advancements
Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 14, 2017
Learned a lot when it comes to movie theatre operations but also learned how to be a manager. Took on several different departments such as bar operations, human resources, administration, theatre performance and marketing.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Late nights
Great Job for Youth
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 8, 2017
As a manager you get to mold and assist with career development for teens. Great way to give back to the our future. Great GM and encourages career growth.
Pros
Free Movies
Fast Paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 2, 2017
Work is always busy - lots of innovation and projects happening. Depending on the department you work in, days can be long and stressful but once the project is delivered appreciation is there.
Amc
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2017
Great atmosphere. Extremely busy days. Great place to work. Teamwork atmosphere. Surprisingly physically demanding work. Large company with lots of opportunities.
Cons
OT is straight time
Fun place to work, good perks
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 22, 2017
Awesome company to work for. Lots of room for promotional potential if you work for it. Perks of the job are a plus, company encourages capitalizing on the movie passes and other freebies.
Easy job but say good-bye to your weekends
Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYJuly 19, 2017
This is an easy job if you have good customer service skills. During week days there is a lot of downtime and then weekends are the opposite. Be prepared to help alongside the staff if you want them to like you. Everyone hates the managers that hide in the back office and aren't on the floor. The actual managerial part of the job is super simple. Fill-out paperwork and make sure the staff does their job. Each manager also is in charge of a different department, such as HR or marketing. Those hardly effect your day to day work and are honestly refreshing as they give you something to do during the slow day periods. The worst part of the job is consistently having to work weekends and holidays. If I want more than two days off in a row I have to do some serious planning beforehand. Two-day weekends (even if it means Monday-Tuesday) are few and far between.
n/a
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2017
fun with people who like movies and you get free movie tickets . After you work 29 hrs of over time you dont get paid for it and they work you with no lunch
Comfortable work environment but subpar treatment of employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJMay 31, 2017
While I do enjoy working for the company as a whole, I feel constricted and underappreciated since becoming a manager. I've had little to no training in my first month at the new position, yet have been given huge amounts of responsibility with no guidance. I did not receive any recognition for achieving my promotion, and have been met with a lack of communication and teamwork by my new theater's GM. As an aspiring film producer, working with movies and gaining the knowledge of the theater business has been a wonderful experience, unfortunately, once it's boiled down to the day to day activities, I find myself not enjoying the job anymore.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No breaks, minimal benefits, raises and recognition
Not what I expected
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
This job fooled me into believing that it was the one for me. In the first 2 months I realized that this was not the career I wanted for myself. They give you a high volume of responsibility that your compensation does not reflect.
Very fast pace work style
Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 21, 2017
We deal with over 30,000 in cash deposits. We must have amazing guest service recovery.Must also be able to manage inventory. Also we are in charge of the hiring process.
Grateful for a job but would not do it agian.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2017
Worked there a few months short of ten years. Would not ever do this again. Pay is only minimum wage, managers can be rude and will expect you to do their jobs. Worked my way up from regular crew to manager and only time my pay really increased substantially was when the city increased the minimum wage and everyone else had to get some sort of increase.
Pros
Free movies and half price food while on break.
Cons
Late night, rude managers.
not good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 2, 2017
not a good company to work for. management very poor and with no experience. all you have to do is to make GM happy and you can be a manager in few days.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, poor management
Fun workplace
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 30, 2017
I have worked at multiple locations and they all have very similar environments. They really take of their staff. It was pleasure working there and it is sad that I had to part with the company.
Quick Paced and Highly Stressful. Don't pay enough, Great place to meet people
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2017
AMC Theatres is a very quick paced, high stress work environment. This is a great first job for young people who are trying to work their way through school, but I would say with the amount of pay and the amount of stress, it isn't the ideal place to make a career. The teams that you work with are a great benefit and pro
Pros
Flexibility in hours, great teams
Cons
Stressful, low pay, work holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9