AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Film Crew

Good entry level/part time job
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 15, 2018
AMC is a great place to work as a first job to learn some work ethic and customer service skills. Pay is low and hours are long, but flexible scheduling makes up for any complaints I have. AMC is a fun place to work, a great place to learn, and an easy place to grow.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 6, 2018
Every day was pretty much the same at AMC, there were some exceptions tho when a guest gets a little rowdy or something goes wrong and makes things more exciting. But overall it's a pretty chill place to work for a while.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not the mest management
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 28, 2018
AMC was an incredibly fun place to work. It is a great place for young people to start out. AMC was my first job when I was in highschool and I am so thankful that I started out there. The management team is absolutely amazing and very helpful. Coworkers were always there when you needed them as well. Overall it was just a great place to work.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not enough hours
It was a fun experience...for young people who have time.
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 19, 2018
It's a good first job and experience for people but they are not big on people who have school and other responsibilities. Harsh and unpredictable work hours. Great hours when a big movie comes out but during a slow movie season, hours are tight and little.
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Short breaks. Will take you out of breaks for help needed. No paid lunch break.
enjoyable environment
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 12, 2018
productive and fun you meet interesting people and the crew and management very friendly.You get free movies and employee screenings, you see movies before anyone else.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work with friendly staff and co-workers every
Customer service / film crew assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I will work at any theatre in the future because of the positive way I was trained and worked with on a team level every day. The managers were understanding and helpful with any questions or concerns I presented to them.
I loved this job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004September 10, 2018
Great job, fun environment, Good hours. Management was great. Free movies. Overall I enjoyed working there, I would again if given the chance. Easy work
Great job to have while earning a degree!
Marketing Assistant/Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 9, 2018
I worked this job to help get through college. It was a good place to learn and practice communication and customer service. It was great working in a friendly environment that worked with my school schedule.
Decent
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 6, 2018
The overall experience working at AMC Theatres was amazing and eventful. I’ve learned a lot more than expected, with customer service that is. All my coworkers were very helpful when needed.
bad
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 1, 2018
Bad managers worked like they hated their life and were really bad at treating the employees the way they did.It was a summer job only would not work there again.
fun workplace
FILM CREW (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 31, 2018
great job for individuals still in college. very fun and active work environment and they work with your schedule. and if you stay long enough your opportunity to move up is on its way.
Great first job for high school and college students
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 30, 2018
Working at AMC was fun and taught me a lot for future jobs. Being my first job, and having an excellent manager, life lessons were instilled from the beginning and haven't left me.
Pros
Free movies, great co workers, easy to learn and excel
Cons
Short breaks, pay isn't spectacular
A good place to work for teens
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 28, 2018
I would say it's a good place to work for teens. it's a good first job but it's not a great job for people who have to do more stuff. i would say that it's a good job for teen, but not for adults
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Fun and exciting place to work at.
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2018
Working at AMC is really easy, not really hard work if you use to working with customers in a heavy volume. The culture of the place is young but also energetic if you get to know you co-workers, other than that like I said before, please easy work.
great place to work
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2018
This is a great place to work as a first time job. A film crew job is best for young people who live at home with parents. You get free movies for working there.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low wage.
productive fun fast paced work enviroment
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 8, 2018
I love AMC , fun job you never really run out of things to do while working its so much things to do and thats what i love about the job you can actually enjoy what you do
wasn't a bad job
Film/Projectionist crew (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 1, 2018
it was a fun job..there was many things to do an learn there but it wasn't a place to make a career out of next to possible to ever advance and having hours? that's a laugh
Pros
free movies..soda..popcorn..
Cons
lot of popcorn and mangers that never really cared
eh
FILM CREW (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 28, 2018
Working at AMC was great before the renovation. Afterward, management became stingy, They played favorites and created lots of drama between film crew and management. The hardest part was doing everything they did not want to do like clean up throw up and unplug toilets. No incentives if you worked holidays.
Pros
free movies
Cons
short breaks, poor management, team lacked communication, food was old
Film Crew/Box Office (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 24, 2018
Very laid back. Free popcorn, snacks, sodas and all the movies you can watch. Great team of workers. Not very much money but a fun place to work. Would do it again just for the free food and movies.
Pros
free food and movies
Cons
very little pay
An amazing job for beginners!
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 21, 2018
AMC is nothing short but an amazing experience for anyone who's looking to get their first job. While getting paid a decent amount, you will be learning so many new things and meeting so many new people. Everyone here is extremely kind and this makes for a very friendl work environment where you're tempted to keep coming back.
Pros
Discounted food at all times, free movies whenever you want.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours that go into the night (12am +)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.