AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Crew Member

relaxed wokrplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2018
Didn't pay enough for the amount of work you did. But management was very relaxed and you could basically do whatever. You could be on your phone whenever but when it was time to work there was alot of work to do.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
pay
Fun but pay is only fit for a teen
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLOctober 16, 2018
I loved this job it was my favorite place to work. You get to know the regulars and meet all types of people. It is a very fast paced environment which works well for me because I like to be busy. I loved getting to see free movies and discounted food. Management wasn’t the best and pay was ridiculously low.
Cool job to have
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 16, 2018
Amc was the best job I every had. Nice environment cool people to work with plus you get to watch free movies when your off. The only thing I didn’t like was the pay which is 7.25 but I say go for it it’s an awesome job to have.
Pros
But you get free movies
Cons
Have to pay for lunch
I love my Job!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2018
My experience working at AMC changes everyday. I learn more things as I go on. I love interacting with people and I get along nicely with my co-workers. I'm definitely a team player, I'm glad to do things myself but I would much rather prefer working together as a team splitting the deed 50/50. Even when times get tough I pull myself together and push through it no matter the difficulty. Unfortunately we dont have reserved seating so it becomes a hassle cleaning the theatre. Not knowing where everyone is sitting is quite a struggle. Dealing with difficult customers has become easier along the way as well. But I do feel like it is time for me to experience new things and surroundings. I've always been the type to only be comfortable in one place but working at AMC has motivated me to try new things and start fresh when I feel it is best!
Pros
Free movies, employee discounts, surroundings
Cons
Slow, hours, distance, no reserved seating
needs friendlier people
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHOctober 14, 2018
lots of coworkers playing pranks and being bossy, i enjoyed it for the most part until one of my coworkers was playing pranks and another one was being bossy even though she had the same position as i did
Pros
50% of concessions and free movies
Cons
no breaks unless 18 or under
Company seems to not care about their stores
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 13, 2018
From the time I worked at AMC, the company itself didn't seem to care about anyone that worked in their stores. Completely disconnected from what went on.
Pros
Managers were amazing people making the job an overall fun place to work
Cons
General Manager made the job stressful
crew member is fun!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 12, 2018
I got to sell tickets and sell concessions in addition to being a ticket-taker. I also cleaned theaters as an usher. It was good work but not glamorous.
Typical day at work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 11, 2018
The pay was bad and problems at worked never seemed to have improved. The breaks were short for the amount of hours worked. The only benefits of working there was the free movies and discounts on food.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Bad pay, Poor management
Would not make this a career choice; a means to an end.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there because I got to see some movies without charge. This was a temporary part-time position while I completed school. There were times I felt my supervisor was being unfair and showed favortism to employes who she liked.
Great coworker management is difficult
FA Crew (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 7, 2018
Nice relaxed environment but they struggle with scheduling and with attitude in many departments. Overall good place but they need to know better communication and service.
The Worst Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 6, 2018
The management team lets their feelings get in the way of their professionalism. They let their stress out on employees and react without getting an explanation (or refusing to hear one). They fired their janitors, so expect to go in at 8am or leave at 3am (because a mamager thought your working alone isn't good enough despite you doing everything and your coworker complain to the managers about how hard the work is).
Pros
free movies, food discounts
Cons
Terrible management, very low pay, overall not worth the pros
easy fun job with cool benifits
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYOctober 5, 2018
was pretty chill , work and watch movies. employers treat employees well. the job as a crew member is easy and the benefits are worth it. you can bring ur friends to watch movies.
I enjoyed working here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 4, 2018
The pay was 7.25/hour but you got a lot of perks. You get to watch any movie for free, free popcorn and drinks on the clock, and commute. The only thing I didn't like was the pay.
Supportive and fast paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 2, 2018
On a typical day I would walk in, clock in, grab a broom and start cleaning. I learned time management and the meaning behind being quick and efficient. Sometimes it would get hectic, but management was always there when we needed them.
Pros
Unlimited drinks and free movie showings.
Quick paced.
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2018
My review from working at AMC movie theater was that it can be very quick paced. The main thing I learned working there was how to keep my composure with tough customers and always make the guests feel welcome and that they were always right.
Stressful and Bad Communication
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 26, 2018
AMC was a fun high school job. It was a blast getting to know not only all of my co-workers but also all of our guest. there were days so slow you'd have to make up cleaning tasks just so you didn't have to stand around. There were also days where you didn't have the chance to look around and actually process what was happening because it was so busy. Co-workers were typically nice. I learned a lot about customer service.
Pros
free movies
Cons
very poor communication
Good starter job, zero room for advancement
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time at AMC, but towards the end I needed a job with a higher pay. Towards the end of my job with them, there was a lot of unneeded drama and problems with management. The job itself is easy, and weekdays are relaxed. Loved most of the people I worked with.
Pros
Free movies, discounted food
Cons
Late hours, double shifts, work holidays, dirty
Just a movie theater with recliners and unique food and beverages
AMC Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 18, 2018
I was always scheduled to usher when they knew I never wanted to be one and they would report me for every little thing I say. Also l had little hours
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Terrible management
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Great entry level jobs, weekend and holiday availability is required. I really enjoyed being at a location that hosted special screenings and red carpet premiers because you never know who you might meet. Developed great skills; during high traffic times, good customer service and efficiency are necessary to make sure the customers feel valued. I would work there again.
Pros
Can see movies for free with popcorn and fountain drinks
Cons
Holidays and weekends are required-some flexibility
Very relaxed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJSeptember 17, 2018
AMC was my second job, and it was extremely different from my first. The staff there were more like good friends rather than co-workers. It can't get much better than seeing movies whenever you want. most days were very relaxed but weekends tended to be busy. Overall it was a great work experience for me and my brother who also joined the team after me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.