AMC Theatres Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Fun with AMC
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 16, 2017
AMC theater was a well balanced working environment that helped to motivate employees while also to discourage bad behavior from other. It would be a great place for someone to start off working at to help gain there work experience.
Pros
Relaxed culture, discounts, good management
Cons
n/a
slow pace job. laid back, very chill managers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 12, 2017
I would totally recommend this job for someone who is looking for their first job, or is in school and wants some extra spending money. This is definitely not a job you could live off of.
Fun and Friendly work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GADecember 11, 2017
Fast paced working on weekends but not as busy on the weekdays. Learned a lot about customer service and working well with people. Most enjoyable part about the job is the great workers and free movies.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Lack of Hours
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 8, 2017
This was my first job so I learned a lot. The management was good and so were the hours. I would normally work 9am-5pm or 5pm-12am. Some days could be really slow and others were very busy.
Pros
Free movie tickets, Free rewards card, Good hours, Good management
Cons
Low pay
Could be fun. Unless your Management sucks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2017
No day was a typical day. You could be schedule to do work in one section of the theater but end up doing many different things through out the day which I enjoy. The culture was good many people to work but small enough to know everyone, somewhat like a family. Stock or maintenance were difficult at times. Issue i had was management, instead of leading they were usually not around and expecting you to do 2-3 different jobs at the same time, which could be problem because you'll leave one team for another to hurry back and help them again. They also didn't hire enough so you were always under staff. I did learn many things from fixing walls/machinery,communication, cleaning etc...
Pros
free movie tickets?
Cons
Guess can be rude, poor management
Great coworkers, fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 5, 2017
At AMC I had the privilege to work with some great employees who were really friendly, it is a very fast paced job when it gets busy. I got the chance to also enjoy the benefits of working at AMC, which included free movies.
Amc
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 5, 2017
Fun, temporary work environment for college and high school students.
Little chance for advancement unless you know someone.
As much as people complain about the managers at AMC, with the exception of one or two, the management at AMC is quite good, albeit, temporary. It seems that they have little say in what AMC will and will not do and they do the best that they can with what they receive.
My biggest concern is that even though we are the busiest in the nation, there is little interest from corporate to help fix many issues that could be resolved if AMC was more willing to spend for the overall upkeep of the busiest theatre in the nation.
Exploits workers, like many other large companies
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 28, 2017
You get paid as low as possible while they are constantly increasing your workload and trying to cut budgets. Be prepared to work every night, weekend and holiday. Kiss any chance of a social life good-bye. They tell ever new hire that they will receive a raise every six months, you will never get them. You will always be tired from all of the physical labor, this job truly consumes every fiber of your being.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low pay, No breaks, Bad hours, Physical labor
Good first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 27, 2017
Good for a first job. Made some good friends and most of the lower management is nice. It's a lot of hard, physical work though and you don't get paid a decent wage. Customers also tend to treat you quite horribly, but upper management won't ever stand up for you. Really fast paced and stressful, you get mobbed by customers almost everyday.
Pros
Breaks, food discounts, free movies
Cons
Bad pay, stressful
N/a
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2017
The job overall is great. The tasks that need to be done are fairly easy and trainable. Things just never ran smoothly cause of poor management. People getting wrongfully promoted solely based on favoritism, shift cuts resulting in understaffing, and no recognition for accomplishments/achievements.
Very stressful work environment
CREW MEMBER-RAISING CANES (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2017
A typical day could be very stressful. The hardest part of my job would be working in position by myself due to bad scheduling, Management was very bad as well. When needed by the crew members even guests, they were always gone.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Bad management
Fun place to work, but mainly a job for high schoolers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at AMC, however, as a college kid, I didn't really like working with high schoolers or teenagers. There was a lot of drama because of how young the employees were. This isn't a bad job if you are just starting out or need a little extra money in your pocket. The hours are very flexible and the managers are definitely willing to work with you in any situation that you may have.
Fun place to work at.
Theatre Crew (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 13, 2017
Although some customers could be rude when it came to prices, the culture at AMC was very nice and well paced. I enjoyed being a crew member there even though it was such a short time, I hope one day I'll be able to work for this company again.
Pros
Free movies, good soda options, delicious food, discounted prices
Cons
Some customers could be a little hot headed and try quarreling with crew members.
Fun work environment and community
Crew Member for AMC Desert Star Cinema (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WINovember 13, 2017
This job was a fun place to work. I enjoyed many things about working here most of all the people that I worked with. The typical day involved selling tickets, concessions, and ushering the theaters.
Good place to work for your first job, but management didn't really seem to care about how long you worked even if you were under age
PFilm crew (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 13, 2017
Amc theaters was an interesting place to work at, you will meet a lot of great people when working there. It really does teach you how the real work experience looks.
Pros
Decent lunch breaks
Cons
Worked to long for being under age
An easy-going workplace as long as you do your job right.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLNovember 12, 2017
A typical day at work is very laid back. I was an usher, and as long as you follow the schedule of theaters you need to clean, and work at a reasonable pace, the job is simple. Hardest part of the job is honestly to walk into a theater you are about to clean, and watch people either leave their trash, or drop things on the way out and not attempt to pick them up. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was my fellow crew members. It was a very friendly environment, and everyone worked together very well.
Pros
Discounts at concession when on-shift, free movie tickets
fun job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 10, 2017
fun place to work.free movies. sick hours. is great if you only need a part time job. you meet some pretty amazing people working at a theater. id still be working there if i didnt move.
Crew members is where it's at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 7, 2017
When I started working at AMC I was welcomed with open arms. The crew help you settle in and are always there if you aren't understanding the work place. It's all about the crew and management. I will always recommend friends or family to apply there, they are a great team.
Pros
15 minute paid breaks
Cons
Start off minimum wage
Good Job
Crew (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2017
If you want a good first time job, this is it. Perfect for a high schooler with a busy schedule. Just make sure you are open at least 2 days out of the weekend.
Pros
Free movie tickets, discounts
Cons
Favoritism
N/a
Theatre Crew (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 3, 2017
It was a great job to work at. But I was getting to old for the pay. It wasn’t enough for my liking. But overall the job was very very very nice to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9