AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

enjoyed working with other employes
guest representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2017
your schedule let you know where you'd be working through out the week. you coule be making popcorn or making other foods for the guests. Most nights I'd prefer to be selling tickets to the guests. hardest part was cleaning the theatre. There were so many and so few of us sometimes.
Fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAOctober 31, 2017
Very up beat. Fun to watch movies while working...
I loved it just didnt work there long enough like I intended to... Great people great work place. I really would love to go back actually
Pros
Everything was great
Lacking of hours and pay.
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 30, 2017
Cleaning the theatres, setting up concssion, setting up props, changing lights. took tickets as movie started. I would help find seats if movie was pact. The hardest part of the job was the cleaning. The best part was find money. The hours were awful. The pay was awful.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
the hours and pay
Fun place to work
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLOctober 26, 2017
When you work at AMC Theater's you always have fun it's a relaxed place to work managers are good managers free movies some times the hours are nice
fun filled with great people.
Loews Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYOctober 26, 2017
I learned how to work with my crewmates and time management skills. A typical day at work for me, as I work weekends involved dealing with costumer complaints and cooking while keeping my work areas clean and presentable for both on looking and excited guests.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
alot of running around and low pay
was ok
Concessions Backbar/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
was ok until new unfair management arrived. received a new ignorant general manager. and they hired a lazy excuse making facility manager. plus trying to get promoted is unfair.
Great place to learn a variety of skills
Hourly manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 25, 2017
Working at AMC will prepare you for just about any other retail experience. There are opportunities for development and advancement. Plus free movies.
Competitive
Film Crew/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJOctober 25, 2017
Stressful, competitive, cut-throat environment. Had to reach a certain amount of reward cards per day, no breaks on your feet all day long, young workers.
Good for an entry level, part-time job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAOctober 25, 2017
If you have never had a job I would recommend starting here because it looks good to have something on a resume but don't plan on staying long. Management is ridiculous and you can get fired for the most trivial things.
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
Bad management, unflexible hours.
Great coworkers, However terrible managment.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 24, 2017
Very fun job itself, meeting new people everyday. However, managment is ridiculous. I got hurt on the job and they did everything they were NOT supposed to do. I was wrongfully terminated from AMC.
Cons
short breaks, bad management
The smell of popcorn haunts you
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2017
I would have to navigate throughout the hallways making sure they were clean. I had to clean all 10 auditoriums by myself and they would finish about the same time.
Pros
discounts, free popcorn
Cons
short hours, offers only part-time
Overall Good
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Concord, NC 28027October 24, 2017
At AMC I learned how to successfully deal with unpleasant guest. By showing sympathy for there concerns and being relatable to them while also helping in any way I can.
Pros
50 % discounts for food and free movies.
Cons
Not enough hours.
A Great Cinema Job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2017
Movies Where My Life so the opportunity to watch movies for Free I absolutely had to take it. I made more friends in this job than any other job, and probably in any other job I would ever take.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
They Rarely allow Full time work
Fun work place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306October 23, 2017
Typical day as a bartender starts out with clocking in setting up the bar if you are on a open shift. If you are a mid to closing shift you clock in then get right to work. I learned allot about how to make drinks about how to open and close a bar, how to sever beers wines and spirits. The work environment was friendly with allot of young staff. The hardest part of the job is when we aren't prepared for a rush. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do what I love, which is to make people happy. I get to make drinks and talk to people for a living that is a enjoyable in my book.
Pros
Getting paid everyday
Cons
No gratuity
Fun workplace
Concessionist/Usher (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 22, 2017
From the employees, to management, and even the guests! AND will always be one of my favorite places I've worked. It taught me a lot about a lot. I think I feel in love with the hospitality industry because of AMC
Productive and fun workplace
Usher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 21, 2017
My jobs were to clean theatres, give the guest there tickets, and work concession. Also clean lobby and bathrooms
I learned how to deal with all types of different personality.management were a pleasure to work with and they actually promoted me to supervisor after 6 months. There was really no hard part about the job and my most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing the customers
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Rude customers
Wonderful co workers, wonderful customers, cons in management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2017
A typical work day would be working at the concession stand which would typically be busy, where I would work as cashier , directing customers through the menu, offering our amc stubs program and much more. I learned to be patient with customers, even if they are being difficult, just keep a smile on your face . The hardest part of my job is finding things to do when were not busy. Other than that I enjoy working here, because of my co workers and it is a chill setting but they are not lient.
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
Strict, violated requirements
Fun Work Place
Usher and Cashier and Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAOctober 20, 2017
First Job Favorite Job. I literally enjoyed every work day. Management was very patient and allowed several opportunities to make more hours. Loved watching movies for free.
New experiences and people everyday
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 19, 2017
The workplace is extremely laid back during weekdays, but oh boy during weekends you better get ready to work at a fast pace efficiently as well. Management is alright though
Pros
50% off lunch, free movies and perks
Cons
No paid time off, unequal pay
Wonderful company
OFFICE MANAGER | HEAD BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  East Setauket, NYOctober 19, 2017
It is a fast paced wonderful company. Great managements and willingness to train new employees. Friendly workplace. Great benefits and. days off. Sick paid days.
Pros
Paid sick days
Cons
Slow paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9