AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Could be better
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 18, 2018
Managers at the time were very selfish centered and couldn't properly approach and employee without attitude. And took almost a month to send my check.
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 17, 2018
for the most part managers were very nice and understanding. great starting job for thise who need a gig just for the summer or during the holidays. juwanda was the absolute best . the owner was very stern but suportive
Good first Job
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2018
The coworkers made it bearable and the hours are flexible, but you do not get paid a livable wage. The managers can get away with everything they like and at some points it is a popularity contest. A lot of immature minors.
AMC We make Smiles Happen (Not for your employees)
Box Office Cashier, Concessions, Usher, Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 16, 2018
I've worked at a theater location since 2015, I am speaking from many years of experience. When I started working here we weren't know as AMC Theaters, it was Carmike Cinemas. Carmike got bought out and switched to AMC brand in April of 2017. AMC has completely taken all fun out of what it's like to work at a theater. At AMC you will be known and graded for one thing. Selling Stubs, what's annoying is by company standards they think anyone will sign up for it. The truth is they won't and I'm going to explain why. AMC Insider, is a absolute joke of a rewards program. It's 100% but the benefits are almost 0. Basically you've got to spend $250 to get a $5 reward, it waves tickets online if you've got 3 or more people in your party which I guess is kinda useful for a family.

AMC Premier is the knight in shining armor. AMC is desperately trying to find new ways to brainwash the customer/guest into buying it. You will be worshiped as a God by among management for selling them and will constantly expected to sell them for every 10 guest you help. However depending on how your theater looks seat wise and or screen wise it might not be a place a guest would want to return. I came from an out dated theater and I wouldn't wanna go to a place I didn't find comfortable to sit and enjoy a movie in. This is all the cooperation cares about that's it. You could save someone from a burning projection booth and they'd still congratulate whoever sold the most Stubs that day over you.

You're expected to up-sell these to every guest. Out of town visiting family? Under the age of 12? Speak
  more... no English? Doesn't matter they expect you to 100% try to get them to sign up. This all would be fine if they took in to account how much time this takes to sign them up. They will say "It only takes a few moments" but that's a lie. With the computers from 2008 you're looking at something that takes around 3 minutes to do. Keep in mind you've still got a line of people waiting for you to finish. If you're the only one on register you should feel happy you signed someone up however the people it line couldn't be more impatient. I've had guest several times request "Is there anyone else who may be able to help us?" Even tho they've waited a solid 2 minutes or less.

There's good benefits to it and by that I mean only things that are available off the clock. Free movies with you +1 other, discounts applied to things you buy in concessions. Being able to see any movie at any AMC location.

I focused mainly on Box Office a large portion of my time here, I was very fast and it knew what to do and basically could answer any question that came my way. Box Office is by far one of the easiest positions for someone who knows what they are doing and is social. You might deal with guest who are a little unhappy with how the seats are and or pricing but I've never had anyone yell directly at me for a mistake I made, but that all depends on who the person you wronged is.

Greeter/Ticket Taker: You might as well watch paint dry consider this shift solitary confinement. You just rip tickets and answer peoples questions of where the bathroom is.

Usher: It completely an utter when it's busy. The would need 8 trash cans a theater. What use to be PAPER bags is now replaced with cardboard buckets that about of them will fill up a trash barrel.

Concessions: Expect as much suggestive selling and selling Stubs equal to and or more the Box Office.

Take in to account that there will never be an accurate of when you'll be scheduled you could be scheduled to close which could be even until midnight and have to open again at 9am.

AMC makes smiles happen for anyone who's not an employee.
Pros
Free movie tickets and discounts
Cons
Expecting to sign up everyone for rewards.
Good summer job for teens
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 15, 2018
Working on the Film Crew at an AMC Theater is a great first job for teens over the summer or after school, but beyond that the company isn't some place I'd like to start a career. The benefits are decent for full time employees but you have to sink in a few years as a Film Crew Member before that's an option.
Amc,singareni power plant, warangal
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Singareni, Andhra PradeshJune 15, 2018
I felt happy working under this company, but the working hours has to be changed or else the salaries must be increased according to the working hours
Great part time job
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PA 19454June 15, 2018
I started at AMC just working concessions. They saw the potential in me. From there I learned ticketing, opening, closing, and how to run the projectors. I just recently was promoted to manager. If you are conscientious and are good at your job, you can move up in the company.
Awesome place to work, fun environment; Depends a lot on who your managers are
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAJune 15, 2018
AMC has always been a really great place to work. This was my first job. I'd highly recommend the place as an entry-level job or for someone who is looking to make a little bit of extra money. They give you free tickets! It's you plus one and some theaters change it during the summers, you plus two. Also depends on the level you are at. Supervisors and managers get to bring more.
Quality of management depends highly on how they are as people, I believe. Most of the managers were awesome, some are sub-par and it is hard to get them to do anything. For the most part, they are very good about scheduling you correctly, but during busy releases (for example Jurassic World, Incredibles 2, etc) you will want to put in your request for days off as soon as possible.
In my experience, the crew is awesome and it is always a good time. The job title attracts a lot of laid-back people and they create a good, friendly environment.
The hardest part of the job is if you're over 18 (maybe younger, depending on your school status and state laws), closing can keep you at work as late as 3 am. This is good, however, if you need overtime pay or more hours.
Pros
Free movies, free popcorn during your shift, discounted food during shifts, friendly environment, lots of space to advance (it is highly encouraged)
Cons
Might stay late depending your availability
Employees who don't care
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
From the bottom with bussers to the top managers, employees at AMC dine-in theaters do not care about their job or making the company a better place to work. Managers who do not know how to lead, care about all the wrong things, and choose to encourage mediocrity create an atmosphere of uncaring in the work place.
Pros
The job is easy, money is decent
Cons
Motivation to do well is non-existent.
I can make life work with this job
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Being that I was college student majority of my time here the pay was ok because I didn't have that many expenses however the pay was not enough for all we had to do and endure.
Pros
they were flexible with my schedule
Cons
the pay wasn't enough
Friendly and team spirited
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 13, 2018
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and with people, this is a great job. Multitasking is a must, wether it is in concessions, ticket taking or ushering. As an AMC Theaters employee you get free movie tickets - I don't remember if there was a limit to how many tickets you can get a day. Management was easy going and very approachable.
Pros
Free Movie Tickets; Raises
Ehh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 13, 2018
Ok for a temporary job, they expect a lot of you. Never enough staff on busy days. Slow days can be chill. Really depends on which theater you are at and the people there.
it was stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 13, 2018
the managers didn't care much about your schedule unless they personally liked you, i live in a dangerous area and told them night shifts are really horrible for me and they gave me morning shifts only for a week as if the violence stopped. so i ended up spending money on ubers just to ensure i got home safe
sucks to work here
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA 30260June 13, 2018
working there was terrible and very stressful. They do not value employees. They do not care about the fact that employees have lives and other things to do.
great experience
Worked at AMC as a busser (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 12, 2018
• Responsible for delivery of food and beverages to customers
• Interact with guests and provide quality customer service
• Perform dishwashing duties
fun place but low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 12, 2018
the pay there sucked for how busy it was but you did get to talk to and meet a lot of nice people. huge crowds of people and not a lot of time for any breaks
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
no benefits really
Fun Place to Work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 11, 2018
It was a fine job but the managers made it harder than it needed to be. I enjoyed the coworkers and the ability to see movies on my days off for free.
Working at AMC.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 11, 2018
Worst management team I've ever worked for. Selfish, rude and played favorites. Most managers just stand, even during busy nights and didn't help at all. Would not recommend to anyone to work here. Worst place ever.
Pros
Free movies. Free drinks & popcorn.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement. No communication with managers. Rude managers.
More like a high school than a job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 9, 2018
If you're over 21, you'll have a miserable time working at a movie theater. The teens that work there like to bring high school drama into the workplace. Management will lie to your face. I was promoted pretty quickly to shift leader. Was told one day I could be a manager. Come to find out there were no plans to move me up because of my tattoos. I thought it would be fun to work for AMC but learned very quickly how horrible it could be. The pay isn't worth it. Just save yourself the trouble and stay away from the theater business.
Management unstable with exeption to friendly coworkers.
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILJune 8, 2018
In my experience of a short period at AMC Theaters would be available hours to work were not out forward when it came time to scheduling. Also, while working there, I found it hard to balance between school and work because of scheduling mistakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.