AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Great job to have while earning a degree!
Marketing Assistant/Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 9, 2018
I worked this job to help get through college. It was a good place to learn and practice communication and customer service. It was great working in a friendly environment that worked with my school schedule.
The facility that I worked was not staffed and managed with uninformed management
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2018
I took this position with the hope of advancement and security but that was not the case under staffed and no ideal how to fulfill these positions. Left position to return to IL.
Pros
non to mention
Cons
very stressful
Friendly workplace with a sometimes stressful environment.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 8, 2018
A typical day at work basically included clocking on, and then going to whatever place you are scheduled to work that day. There were slow and there were fast days, usually weekends were the hardest. The management was nice for the most part and the crew I worked was very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was greeting the guests and making sure they had their tickets. The hardest part would probably be dealing with guests who were frustrated at something going wrong in the theater.
Low paying, stressful, crazy
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I have worked at AMC for almost two years now, and I was promoted to a crew leader in May 2018. Being in this position is terrible because first of all, the amount of work that goes along with the slight, slight raise in pay is ridiculous. I got only a 45 cent raise to be a crew leader which requires way more knowledge and hard work than your average crew member. AMC doesn’t provide any benefits other than free movies and slightly discounted food while you’re on the clock. They have very strict policies and you will be punished severely if you don’t follow them. The only reason I haven’t left this job yet is the fact that I don’t have another job to depend on for now. Overall, it is very stressful and hectic because we have run out of materials often and many people like coming to the movies. Also it can be a little disrespectful at times because I am getting paid so little to do so much.
Cashier/Food prep in the concession stand (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91502September 6, 2018
You are working fast most days, but you have a great staff to help you get through anything that you need. It was a great place to work. I think that if you are looking for a fun environment that will also challenge you, this is the place.
Downtown Disney magic
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 6, 2018
It was really fun working here, high school job. Worked great with my school schedule, as I grew up I realized I needed more hours than what they were offering me
Decent
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 6, 2018
The overall experience working at AMC Theatres was amazing and eventful. I’ve learned a lot more than expected, with customer service that is. All my coworkers were very helpful when needed.
productive and fun place to work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2018
Typical day would be to make sure all employees are working and not standing around. make the schedule every week and inventory. Hardest part of the job was when the alarm sounded or the movie stopped. Overall I did enjoy working there until it closed down.
Pros
flexible hours, easy to work with other employee
Cons
had to go different theatres every six months
Fun and a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILSeptember 4, 2018
Fast paced. Few benefits but the training is great. They look to move people up quickly from the inside. Decent pay. Working holidays and weekends is a must sadly.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Working holidays and weekends.
Decent place to work if you can deal with rude customers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  West Lake Hls, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I have been working at AMC for about 4 months now, and it is both something I love and hate. The customers are either super rude or very nice, there's no in between. You feel like a bad person sometimes because of how high the prices are, and it's frustrating when customers yell at you over them. I get paid $7.25 and work about 20-25 hours per week (I am a part-time member of the crew). I recommend this as a first job, or if you want to get into movies for free (with one guest and free popcorn and drinks!). Although seeing movies for free is cool and all, I didn't feel very cared for as an employee. They will give you 15min max during a 7 hour shift to get food, and you have to ask to use the restroom. Not the best job, but good if you've never had experience in customer service because it will prepare you for dealing with rudeness.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short/No breaks

Want to know more about AMC Theatres?

Ask a question
Very Productive
Theaters Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Can't saySeptember 3, 2018
Typical day at work involves making sure the entire theater and lobby is clean. AMC teaches its employees to be friendly, clean, and quick. Management tries its best to be productive. Workplace culture revolves about working hard but also having fun. Hardest part of the job involves heavy traffic during the weekend. Most enjoyable are the associates.
High turn around
Crew Leader/ projection staff (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 3, 2018
Highly stressful policies and duties constantly change. Not focusing on customers or employees. They’d rather reduce staffing to maximize profits and at the same time require staff members to accomplish the same duties. Customer service suffers because of insufficient staffing.
Pros
Free movies, discount on food
Cons
May not work posted schedule, pay is low, stress high
Fun job
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2018
For a young kid this was a great first job, working in the movies helped me adopt little skills such as cash register and people skills. The pay sucks but then again this is a job make for 15-18 year olds.
Very fun work environment for teens
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 2, 2018
As a teenager I strongly believe a movie theater is the best place to work. I loved it. Lots of fun and the manager was very understanding. I recommend for anyone to take up a job with these people.
Pros
Discounts on movies
Cons
Some costumers can be quite interesting
It’s fun while you’re in school.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Assembly RowSeptember 2, 2018
I loved it at first but over time I just saw it as a job to go to work. I thought I wanted a career out of this but this job drains me. There people there are amazing
Pros
Free movies, 1/2 on food, Good for the summer or in school job
Cons
Constant rude customers, Give up weekends and holidays, Big rushes overwhelming, Pay not worth the work
Relaxed place for work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2018
It is a good place to work at. It was a very relaxed place to work at but the moment that it became busy, it became stressful. A lot of people who come to see movies were incredibly rude. They were rude and continuously made comments about prices and every thing that they didn’t like, they complained.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Minimum wage
bad
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 1, 2018
Bad managers worked like they hated their life and were really bad at treating the employees the way they did.It was a summer job only would not work there again.
Good environment to work
Assistant Theater Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 1, 2018
Was a good place to work, excellent manager, free movies, good crew, pay not so good, the company at the time had no desire to be in El Paso, so job security was always an issue, never knew when the theater would close, would receive little notice of closures.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Payroll up and down based on attendance
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CASeptember 1, 2018
Overall working at amc has been a thrill! Working at amc helped me with my people skill and communication skills as well. Working with others was a great experience; everyone was on the same page. Being able to work fast pace and help others was also amazing.
fun workplace
FILM CREW (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 31, 2018
great job for individuals still in college. very fun and active work environment and they work with your schedule. and if you stay long enough your opportunity to move up is on its way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.