AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Fast paced working environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJune 28, 2018
Set up the lines, I learned how to wok at a fast pace. Management was always there to help and jump in if needed. Knowing everything that needs to be done. The hardest part of the job is making twenty meals in less then thirty minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting free movie tickets to see endless movies and unless tickets, the whole family could come and watch movies for free.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
Staying till 6:00am sometimes cleaning up
discrimination and favoritism
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 28, 2018
the GM at the somerville theatre is one of the most despicable people i have ever worked for. he regularly made racist, sexist, and homophobic statements about both guests and employees. he mocked a disabled employee to her face and in front of other staff. he also plays favorites with one of the managers and will dispose of anyone who stands up to him.
It was a productive and fun workplace with lots of good people
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Lots of friends and nice manegers. Layed back people and tones of fun times. The general manager was the best at her job and made the experience amazing
It was ok
Janitor and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 26, 2018
Manager was ok sometimes. Some day was relaxing and other day was fast paced. I did the cleaning for them and I did not like the way they had the schedule for us.
Pros
Discount on tickets, drinks, food
Good beginner job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 26, 2018
Wanna get your foot in the door to start working this is great! I worked my way up when the opportunity came. Depending on you manager it could be a good experience. You get out what you put in. Scheduling isn’t consistent at all and some days can be long depending on what movie is coming out. Get ready to spend all your holidays and weekends here.
Pros
The opportunity to advance
Cons
Never close, no consistent scheduling
Great place for first jobs
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 26, 2018
I have been an AMC employee for 6 months and I can honestly say, for all the work we do, minimum wage does not cut it. At times, they schedule not enough people and those who are there work harder than we should but overall it is a great place to watch all the excitement and joy. It's not too bad. The crew is friendly, management is decent and there is no drama. Thank God. I love box office and dislike floor staff the most. I learned that people are just dirty no matter how grown. Stay AMC Amazing!
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Bad scheduling, not enough pay
it was ok
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2018
Working at AMC NP was fun. Management just needs help. Managers were kinda lazy and left all the work on their Supervisors and thus blamed us for all its problems too. Besides poor management, it was nice forming a relationship of trust with the crew. A crew who enjoys their work will make sure guest enjoy the crew and their day.
Pros
fun crew
Cons
Poor management, understaffed
Great coworkers, horrendous job
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 23, 2018
The only reason I'm still here is my coworkers and some of the management, but low pay and horrible customers are enough to make me look for a new job
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No breaks, discounts only available on shift, low pay
Friendly crew that felt like one large family. An experience worth investing one's time and focus in.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAJune 23, 2018
From the moment I clocked on until the moment I went home for the night, AMC gave me nothing but both fun and invaluable menial work experience that never ceased to brighten my day. My coworkers shared my attitude towards the work, which made me feel as though I was an integral part of the system.
Pros
Benefits such as discounts and free showtimes
Cons
Unforgiving schedule
a nice place to work if you are talkitive
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJune 22, 2018
It is a nice pace to work and the benefits are grate. the managers are ok most of the time. it is fun to work there. i would recomemend it as a first time job.
fun place
Film crew (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJune 22, 2018
i enjoyed working at amc theaters .the management team was very understanding and flexable with my schedule. the crew team was even better . only issue was lack of hrs some weeks and overload of hrs another
Pros
discounted movie tickets
A very obvious job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2018
It is what you expect it to be.The job can be pretty hectic and there are a bit of flaws with the company like constant policy changes, new promotions.
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 21, 2018
It was an awesome place to work at! I learned manly skills that I was able to apply with guests and outside of work as well. I was always treated equally.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No cons
Great place for a first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Disney springsJune 20, 2018
Amc was my first job I loved it at first but then realized how much gossip was going on and managers favorited people. Unfortunately I got fired for the dumbest reason because this co worker decided to lie to managers and when they brought me in my statement didn’t match hers and we parted ways . The pay is low but I received a lot hours it was a fun environment .
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Managers
Productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 20, 2018
AMC theatre is a great place to relax and watch movies. It has a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. The theaters are kept clean by hard working employees. A typical day when I walked in the door would be busy. After everyone got to their movie we would clean the lobby and bathrooms then go on a break till the movies were over. We would then clean the theaters for the next rush. I learn how to clean at a fast pace while doing a good job. The management kept the employees in their place by being hard on them. The hardest part of the job was recovering from mistakes during a rush. The most enjoyable was getting to learn lots and eat free popcorn.
Pros
Free movies, free popcorn, challenging bosses, hardworking coworkers
Cons
long breaks that cut hours, minimum wage
not that great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 20, 2018
great place to work, great benefits only thing wish the management functioned better, only issue working here. the guest didnt like the prices but a good experience replaces that
fun and enjoyable place to work
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 19, 2018
Amc was an enjoyable job as a teenager. I dont think its a job that can support a family but defintely a good job for a younger crowd for after school and weekend
Good Place for High School teens to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 19, 2018
The theater I worked at was recently changed to AMC so my whole time there we were in the process of changing everything over so I had to pick up stuff quick and learn on the fly. It's only busy on weekends and when blockbusters come out.
Low pay
Film Crew Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 18, 2018
Working for minimum wage there is no way to live off of that at all. No real option for movement up management. The supervisors also cannot do much to help without a managers approval.
que sea un ambiente donde podamos compartir con nuestros compañeros
Pailero (Former Employee) –  Cartagena, BolívarJune 18, 2018
Trabajar y hacer las cosas bien . aprender a compartir con mis compañeros, que entre nuestros jefes tengamos una armonía muy buena ya sea en lo cultural en lo deportivo y en lo laboral.La parte mas difícil del trabajo es que no tengamos comunicación con los compañeros . Lo que mas me gusta es que el trabajo que este realizando me salga bien y nuestros jefes estén contentos, y la empresa salga adelante.
Pros
que tengamos un seguro que nos cobije todo
Cons
que tengamos pausas en tiempos determinados

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.