AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Manejaing
Anyone (Current Employee) –  Agra, Uttar PradeshSeptember 14, 2018
AMC to the government employees to get for the lost to Far employees to respect to senior to feel the receipt to the employees ment mention to feel
Pros
Job
Cons
10hours
Productive and fun workplace with free slurpee and popcorn.
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 14, 2018
Very fast pace or very slow. Customer service is definite. Keeping up with constant new promotions (it's a theatre) can be challenging but not difficult. Very friendly coworkers.
Pros
free popcorn and drinks/slurpee
Cons
Breaks go by fast but it's not terrible.
Great as a Side Hustle
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 13, 2018
I have a lot of general training and service skills thanks to AMC. They usually high teenagers hence why the job can be slow yet stressful. Overall it offers great experience and is fantastic as a side hustle.
Pros
Flex. schedule
Cons
Low Pay
Exciting, Upbeat Environment
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILSeptember 13, 2018
This job is awesome if you are good with people. You meet a lot of new faces, and sparking conversation over the hottest new movie was always pretty fun! You must be willing to make them feel welcomed and cross-trained to do more than one task.
Pros
Flexible, Free Movies
Easy going first job
Theater Crew (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
I worked there a while ago but it was a relaxed place to work. At the time they offered me free movie tickets while I was not working. You get as much drinks and popcorn as you want
Pros
Discount lunches, Free Movies
Cons
Breaks are rare, management doesn't care
enjoyable environment
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 12, 2018
productive and fun you meet interesting people and the crew and management very friendly.You get free movies and employee screenings, you see movies before anyone else.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no benefits
The weirdest serving job you will have
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
Worked as a server. The tips are boom or bust based on what movies are in theaters. Tips are also heavily reliant on the audience of the current movie playing and the difference between rent and starvation is whether you get an Oscar Bait movie or a Teenage Rom Com.
Pros
Lunches, Flexible Schedule
Cons
The Cons of Any Serving Job but Now With More Stairs
A fun and pumping atmosphere
crew member (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 11, 2018
The idea to work at a movie theater might seem to be a fun one but in reality it is! At the theater you meet all sorts of people from your community and learn a lot about them.
Pros
Free popcorn and movies
Cons
Changing hours will little time for notification
It was very fun at first but things become unorganized, and we became really under staff.
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 10, 2018
it was really fun at first but it began to get kinda unorganized, and we were supper under staff. There were a lot of staff problems also such as drama.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work with friendly staff and co-workers every
Customer service / film crew assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I will work at any theatre in the future because of the positive way I was trained and worked with on a team level every day. The managers were understanding and helpful with any questions or concerns I presented to them.
I loved this job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85004September 10, 2018
Great job, fun environment, Good hours. Management was great. Free movies. Overall I enjoyed working there, I would again if given the chance. Easy work
Was a good place to make money
Crew Memeber (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 10, 2018
I had kids they weren’t very willing to work with my hours but the money was very good and great discounts ! They didn’t need allow breaks so it did get stressful but I wasn’t put out by it
Great job to have while earning a degree!
Marketing Assistant/Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 9, 2018
I worked this job to help get through college. It was a good place to learn and practice communication and customer service. It was great working in a friendly environment that worked with my school schedule.
The facility that I worked was not staffed and managed with uninformed management
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2018
I took this position with the hope of advancement and security but that was not the case under staffed and no ideal how to fulfill these positions. Left position to return to IL.
Pros
non to mention
Cons
very stressful
Friendly workplace with a sometimes stressful environment.
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 8, 2018
A typical day at work basically included clocking on, and then going to whatever place you are scheduled to work that day. There were slow and there were fast days, usually weekends were the hardest. The management was nice for the most part and the crew I worked was very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was greeting the guests and making sure they had their tickets. The hardest part would probably be dealing with guests who were frustrated at something going wrong in the theater.
Low paying, stressful, crazy
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 6, 2018
I have worked at AMC for almost two years now, and I was promoted to a crew leader in May 2018. Being in this position is terrible because first of all, the amount of work that goes along with the slight, slight raise in pay is ridiculous. I got only a 45 cent raise to be a crew leader which requires way more knowledge and hard work than your average crew member. AMC doesn’t provide any benefits other than free movies and slightly discounted food while you’re on the clock. They have very strict policies and you will be punished severely if you don’t follow them. The only reason I haven’t left this job yet is the fact that I don’t have another job to depend on for now. Overall, it is very stressful and hectic because we have run out of materials often and many people like coming to the movies. Also it can be a little disrespectful at times because I am getting paid so little to do so much.
Cashier/Food prep in the concession stand (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91502September 6, 2018
You are working fast most days, but you have a great staff to help you get through anything that you need. It was a great place to work. I think that if you are looking for a fun environment that will also challenge you, this is the place.
Downtown Disney magic
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 6, 2018
It was really fun working here, high school job. Worked great with my school schedule, as I grew up I realized I needed more hours than what they were offering me
Decent
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 6, 2018
The overall experience working at AMC Theatres was amazing and eventful. I’ve learned a lot more than expected, with customer service that is. All my coworkers were very helpful when needed.
productive and fun place to work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2018
Typical day would be to make sure all employees are working and not standing around. make the schedule every week and inventory. Hardest part of the job was when the alarm sounded or the movie stopped. Overall I did enjoy working there until it closed down.
Pros
flexible hours, easy to work with other employee
Cons
had to go different theatres every six months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.