AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Fine for a temporary part time job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 26, 2017
I worked there as an in-between job to make easy money while I looked for other jobs. I enjoyed the atmosphere and people I worked with. Pretty simple to work your way up if you show initiative and competence. Ultimately left becauseI I found a full time job that paid me much better.
Management is not that great
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCNovember 26, 2017
The biggest problem there is management and keeping people employed, they do not pay enough to the people that work there. People leave every week due to finding better jobs and they cannot keep a good number of employees.
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Short break, Low pay
N/a
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2017
The job overall is great. The tasks that need to be done are fairly easy and trainable. Things just never ran smoothly cause of poor management. People getting wrongfully promoted solely based on favoritism, shift cuts resulting in understaffing, and no recognition for accomplishments/achievements.
dreadful although satisfactional
Usher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 22, 2017
long exciting and fast paced, enjoyable enough to stay for a year. every day i would look forward to going to work and meeting new people. my co workers were also entertaining and fun to be around.
Pros
good people
Cons
long standing periods
Productive place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2017
Provide all workers with respect, cool, and always try’s to motivate people to become better world and grow inside the company.you may find it boring at times but the jobs is fast pace And fun.
Very stressful work environment
CREW MEMBER-RAISING CANES (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2017
A typical day could be very stressful. The hardest part of my job would be working in position by myself due to bad scheduling, Management was very bad as well. When needed by the crew members even guests, they were always gone.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Bad management
for school kids
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2017
This job is for kids still in highschool. the hours are short and the pay isn't that goo either. the managers aren't that bad but they could use some improvement also
My theatre was fun to work at, but that’s bc I have an excellent GM above him though I don’t know if they have our well being at heart.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2017
Don’t get a job here if you want to be paid fairly. While it can be fun, nobody stays because of pay, on top of that it can get stressful and hard to have a personal life.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
People above the GM do not care about you.
Supervisor Perspective
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2017
Plenty of room for growth if you're willing to wait and suffer through the daily grind but it requires a lot of travel to different locations. No work/life balance as 70% of your shifts are at night and weekends. The guests can be challenging and really test your patients. Your coworkers can be extremely lazy and unattentive which makes it very difficult to do your own job. The pay is not that great as they want to incentivize you to move up the ladder, but despite that, there are a lot of lifers who have been in the same position for years. Don't expect any benefits other than a 401k. It doesn't start to feel like a career until you move into a senior and general manager role but it takes years to get there and many relocations.

However, this is an excellent place to gain experience as you will be working multiple roles. You will gain an enormous amount of confidence dealing with people and it will help you when you move on.
Fun place to work, but mainly a job for high schoolers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at AMC, however, as a college kid, I didn't really like working with high schoolers or teenagers. There was a lot of drama because of how young the employees were. This isn't a bad job if you are just starting out or need a little extra money in your pocket. The hours are very flexible and the managers are definitely willing to work with you in any situation that you may have.
Productive and always have something to do
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2017
Our typical day at work would be relaxed and busy as well: we would clean, restock, and check equipment for defaults. What I have learned from this company is time management, delegating, guest service, and socializing. The management is satisfying, sometimes things will not be done in time that they need to take care of for the crew, also orders for products will be missing somethings because they messed up on the order. There is really no "hard" part of the job but the most enjoyable one is talking and meeting new people everyday getting to know them.
Pros
good guest service, friendly, flexible with schedule
Cons
Not may benefits, low pay
Fun place to work, manager and hours suck!
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 15, 2017
Very fun place to work! The job itself is simple and very balanced. Some of the coworkers are lazy and irresponsible. The one manager is a REAL jerk. He is rude and disrespectful and selfish. Only part time hours available and you HAVE to janitor unless you are the managers favorite.
Pros
Discounts, easy job, laid back environment.
Cons
Basically no break unless you work 8+ hours, manager is a jerk, no benefits.
Environment was comfortable
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 15, 2017
They made me feel comfortable & always was friendly & organized with working with each other i learned a lot from advertising customers opinion & helping.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours available
Fun job, but not enough pay
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 15, 2017
The job and people are fun, but the lack of compensation for all of the work that is thrust upon you is upsetting. The constant call outs and having to cover for employees and do their job, along with other managers jobs that dont hold up their end of responsibilities is frustrating.
Pros
Free movies tickets
Cons
awful work/life balance
Movie Cinema Operations
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLNovember 15, 2017
I spent most of my working years with AMC and though I really enjoyed the job and learned the operations of running a movie theater. The job had many drawbacks even though I have tried a number of items to re-apply. Though my experience with them was enjoyable the monetary benefits and job advancement was pretty bad. Though I would love to work with them again the last few years the opportunity to get there has been a hard road. The atomsphere is great for newcomers in working world but the pay is at times like working as a server is a restaurant. If you stay there as long as I had you know the operations liek the back of your hand but getting teh title of Shift Lead or Manager is a long haul and you get credit checks and psyche tests that make it hard to even get a job there now. But that is a story for another day. In short I loved my job at AMC but sadly getting back there again is like surgery that you can't repair the wound. In short a job I wish I was still there but due to advancement and economic times the job has been passed over by the HR people in office now,
Pros
Easy job, within 2 years being there you can run the movie theater
Cons
Pay, advancement and benefits
first job
Film Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2017
This job is great for high school students. It's very easy to pick up hours but it's also easy to lose hours if there isn't a popular movie showing. The only benefit is flexible schedule but you have to commit to working on holidays and weekends.
Pros
free movies
Cons
poor management
Good starter but overall not rewarding
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 14, 2017
Working here was a really good first job for me but I couldn't have stayed any longer than I had. Managers were messy and did not communicate well, hard to resolve issues even when going straight to the general manager. Job was relatively easy but working christmas was a mess.
AMC at its Best
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 14, 2017
When writing publicly about my experience AMC, and considering this is a formality, I chose to focus it on its best then at its worst. Working at AMC at it's best includes a positive work environment with like minded individuals who support and encourage each others success. Its a great way participate in the social film space and easily the best part time I could ask for while working through college.
The absolute best job for a college student
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 13, 2017
I had alot of fun working for AMC as a college student I would never advice an adult to work for this company as they fired me for having a tattoo that I had before AMC took over the chain of theatres.
Fun place to work at.
Theatre Crew (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 13, 2017
Although some customers could be rude when it came to prices, the culture at AMC was very nice and well paced. I enjoyed being a crew member there even though it was such a short time, I hope one day I'll be able to work for this company again.
Pros
Free movies, good soda options, delicious food, discounted prices
Cons
Some customers could be a little hot headed and try quarreling with crew members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9