AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

working there at first was great but after a while you will get fed up
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 6, 2018
for does who is looking for there first job i recommend working here you may not like it for some people but its a easy job to make a little bit of money .
Uncomfortable and Lacking of good mangement
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
My experience of working there was somewhat great at times only because of the people I worked with. The managers on the other hand were honestly terrible. But the general manger was splendid.
Pros
Great crew
Cons
Pay was terrible
All Hail the Corporate Machine
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJuly 5, 2018
If you have by sort of autonomy whatsoever, it will be stripped away as you rise higher in the ranks of AMC. They want everything, including employees, cookie cutter.

They don't understand small markets and it shows in theaters built in smaller cities. As a manager, you are told you own the building and to treat it as such. What is meant is that you are a scapegoat for all problems had. And that travels downhill.
Pros
Free movies. Free popcorn.
Cons
Never wanting to see those movies because it invloves being inside the soul crushing place you work.
Great place to work if you need job experience
AMC Crew Member/supervisor/management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2018
Fun friendly place to work I would recommend to many people who wish to work here it’s a great place for a first job and an awesome way to meet new people
Pros
Free movies
Depends on the location
Employee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 3, 2018
The Springfield theatres are so different. Working at showplace 8 now that they’ve remodeled could give someone a heart attack. Showplace 12 is okay and the managers are fun, but no crew members know what they’re doing. And just because the managers are fun doesn’t mean they get a whole lot done. Different employees are treated differently. Parkway is the best theatre by far. It’s not too busy or too slow, the two regular managers are great and actually do their jobs, and everyone knows what they’re doing. The general manager however seems to get nothing done, and the female manager does her best to keep up with it while still creating a fun work environment. Definitely better than Hardee’s but GM needs to get their life together before trying to run a building.
Pros
Fun work environment, free movies, fun managers
Cons
Customer service
Unhappy Place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXJuly 3, 2018
This was by far the worst job I have ever had. I was the only employed bartender forced to work 12 hour days. They wanted me to do manager work without paying me for it as well. In the last month, I had 3 panic attacks due to the amount of stress they would put on me. Management was zero help at all. I continually tried to talk to them about how I need their help and what I needed from them as a management team but they did not seem to care at all.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No breaks, not enough pay, high turnover, high amount of customers, bad management
You are wrong
xyz (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
You are wrong= you assumed my job reference was for AMC theaters with no way out of providing a rating for your erroneous assumption! This rating has nothing to do with the theaters.
It was okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 2, 2018
I would not go back, worked too much for little pay, and did not follow mission statement. Just not really my favorite place to be. I did enjoy the management.
Work and home balance does not exist.
Administration/ Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 1, 2018
Fun if your in school. It is hard to use yur sick time wheh you are a manager. You can never call out sick. if you do you get questioned if you are realy sick. Benifits were promised that were never given.
Pros
free movies and semi flexible hours
Cons
no work and home balance
Amc "Amazing"
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78746July 1, 2018
At first I really loved A.M.C and as a first job I'm lucky they hired me however it really begins to turn into a toxic environment which I will credit to a lack of team building. People feel they all know better than those around them and that makes integrating as a new employee very hard.
Pros
Half off the food on lunch break
Cons
15 minute breaks.
Fun, fast paced, enviting environment
FILM CREW MEMBER/FILM PROJECTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 1, 2018
Working at AMC when I was at the coon rapiads location was by far one of the best working experiences I've had I was trained to learn all of the business including the projectors. The people were fun and non-judgemental. The downfall for working at AMC is the pay is low and they didn't offer fixed hours for anyone. I didn't have a sick day until the end when I became pregnant and decided to quit before I got fired for missing too many days. I had told them I was pregnant and sick but weren't willing to accommodate.
Pros
fun environment, low stress
Cons
short breaks, very little flexibility if you have to miss a day
No longer good place to work.
USHER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2018
Employees are worked to the bone, to the point of exhaustion. Employees are treated badly and scared to make the tiniest mistake. Working conditions can get very unbearable.
Pros
Free movies and half off food when working.
Cons
Not enough pay and No holiday pay.
productive and fun
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 30, 2018
the managers really made it worth working there. I was there for a while and I actually looked forward to coming into work. it was my first job and it taught me all the social skills that I needed to be able to stay there for as long as I was.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
on call most of the time
Fun workplace, but bad pay
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for AMC, and was one of their best employees at the time. It was a fun environment and extremely fast paced. They did a good job of training their crew in every area of theater operation to maximize their use of you. Over time I was promoted through the ranks and yet my pay was still below the 9.00 mark, which made it very difficult to live off of. I put in the maximum hours possible, but was not allowed to work more than 30 something hours in order that they would not have to pay benefits.

For the value that I brought to the company I feel I was not treated fairly in my compensation, and I believe that was the case with several of my coworkers as well.
Pros
Very fun work environment
Cons
Very low pay
Great First Job Experience
sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 29, 2018
AMC was a great place to receive hands-on experience in the workforce. AMC teaches you how to work with others, manage money, take orders from customers, and keep a clean workspace. Depending on where you are stationed for your work day, you will come in contact with many guests. I learned that working with a team is a good way to get the day moving and a positive way to strengthen communication skills. The hardest part of the job was when we hit volumes, meaning when a lot of guests came in at once to see a movie. You had to move quickly, and take orders at the concession stand, all while keeping up a conversation with the guests. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer saw how hard you worked and took the time to thank you for your service. I always enjoyed asking guests what movie they were going to see or if they liked the movie (once they walked out of the theater).
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Pay
great for high school students
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 29, 2018
I worked for AMC as a bartender, even though i learned a lot. most of the time i spent standing around for customers to buy extremely overpriced drinks. The management staff was never able to help behind the bar during peak hours due to them being afraid to step behind the bar even though they received the same training.
Great first job, and fun place to work at.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2018
Overall AMC is fun first job with flexible schedules and the opportunity to move up pretty quickly if desired. You have to deal with a lot of people coming in. Most are very friendly and happy, yet there are those few that are just miserable who seem to want to make everyone else just as miserable. Free movies and screenings! Great coworkers. As AMC is growing, it is becoming very sales oriented. Crew are required to pitch AMC Stubs to every guest.
Pros
Free movies. Free popcorn and soda while working
Cons
Working nights and weekends. pays minimum wage.
Only liked the job because of coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 29, 2018
A great place to work if you/re in high school, you'll meet a lot of friendly people. I happen to met some of my close friends from AMC, but as for work, it can be very stressful, or relaxed. Breaks are also way too short, you only get 15 minutes, even after a 8 hour or more shift. During big movies, it can get pretty hectic, but after it slows down, a pretty chill job. Hardest part of the job would be probably dealing with management. Management isn't quite organized, and could care less for employees. As long as you come to work, that's all they care about. But I can say the most enjoyable part are the co-workers, they make the job fun, and always laughing. Also would be watching free movies with friends, and families, and 50% discounts on snacks. Leaving AMC, I learned, never give your all where it is unappreciated, and work where you will be respected, and feel safe. Good luck to future employees!
Pros
discounts on food, free movies
Cons
short breaks, poor managemnt
Amc
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 28, 2018
It is a job for teenagers. You can't get very far in the job and the management is very picky. I know people that have worked there for 5+ years and are still crew members.
its fun
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 28, 2018
It is a fun place to work. AMC offers many ways to advance in the organization. The opportunity is there if someone is willing to work for it. It does not take long to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.