AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Decent job, easy at times, extremely stressful at others.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2018
There would be times while working for AMC where I would be extremely happy and energetic; however, the majority of the time I felt like I was being drained. It could be fun, occasionally, working with friends can be fun. Once you get settled in and start closing and working until 3:00 AM, it gets old. Not to mention you’re getting paid $7.25, without a raise.
Pros
Discounts, 30-45 minute breaks
Cons
Extremely low pay for the job
Great as a Second Job
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 27, 2018
I work as a bartender and it is okay for a second job. The wage is minimum plus tip. The problem is it's not always guarantee with good tips; the location I'm at is pretty slow compare to some of the other locations. Both from that, the employees are beyond amazing and the managers that I work with are some of the best people I ever met. I worked for AMC on and off since 2005 (It was my first job) and I always enjoyed it every time I went back, it felt like family. Even though this may be the last time working for them ever, I would never regret going back to the company the past three times that I have but sadly I can't see myself with this company forever.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Great leadership and learning opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 27, 2018
I have always appreciated the AMC work culture and their zero-tolerance on mediocrity. Great opportunity for growth within the company and learn leaderships roles.
Quick paced.
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2018
My review from working at AMC movie theater was that it can be very quick paced. The main thing I learned working there was how to keep my composure with tough customers and always make the guests feel welcome and that they were always right.
Pretty Fun If You Don't Mind A Lower Wage
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2018
For the amount of work and responsibility, the pay is not nearly enough. I had to work in multiple departments and barely made over $10 an hour. We were always understaffed and working with teenage employees under 18 can be challenging.
Pros
Fun Environment, Free Movies
Cons
Underpaid
Stressful and Bad Communication
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 26, 2018
AMC was a fun high school job. It was a blast getting to know not only all of my co-workers but also all of our guest. there were days so slow you'd have to make up cleaning tasks just so you didn't have to stand around. There were also days where you didn't have the chance to look around and actually process what was happening because it was so busy. Co-workers were typically nice. I learned a lot about customer service.
Pros
free movies
Cons
very poor communication
AMC is a very good starting point
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hickory Creek, TXSeptember 25, 2018
You learn many skills from this job including, money handling, dealing with customers, cooking, cleaning etc. The managers are very well put and are understanding if you need a flexible schedule. The pay is minimum wage but i would still definitely recommend for someone who is looking for a a beginner job.
Good starter job, zero room for advancement
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time at AMC, but towards the end I needed a job with a higher pay. Towards the end of my job with them, there was a lot of unneeded drama and problems with management. The job itself is easy, and weekdays are relaxed. Loved most of the people I worked with.
Pros
Free movies, discounted food
Cons
Late hours, double shifts, work holidays, dirty
Not a very fun place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 24, 2018
This would be an ok place to work if you are in-between jobs but I would never recommend staying there very long. The people you work with are great and the free movies are nice but a lot of the job is just cleaning up after people and trying to upsell people on crazy pricey items.
Pros
Free movies, discounted theather concessions
AMC 24 Disney Springs needs to be torn down and build a brand new one.
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2018
It was a very fun place to work until upper management change. We had managers that care for the employees and business but that all change. The senior managers that are running the place have no clue on how to do their job. The place is dirty and smells really bad. The conditions of the building are very poor.
Pros
Cons
Bad upper management running the business
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 20, 2018
It was a good experience in the beginning but there is no team work the managers are favorable an the workers don't want to work the pay is not that good for the work you have to do
It was a fun experience...for young people who have time.
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 19, 2018
It's a good first job and experience for people but they are not big on people who have school and other responsibilities. Harsh and unpredictable work hours. Great hours when a big movie comes out but during a slow movie season, hours are tight and little.
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Short breaks. Will take you out of breaks for help needed. No paid lunch break.
Just a movie theater with recliners and unique food and beverages
AMC Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 18, 2018
I was always scheduled to usher when they knew I never wanted to be one and they would report me for every little thing I say. Also l had little hours
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Terrible management
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Great entry level jobs, weekend and holiday availability is required. I really enjoyed being at a location that hosted special screenings and red carpet premiers because you never know who you might meet. Developed great skills; during high traffic times, good customer service and efficiency are necessary to make sure the customers feel valued. I would work there again.
Pros
Can see movies for free with popcorn and fountain drinks
Cons
Holidays and weekends are required-some flexibility
Relaxed ecept on tuesdays or big opening nights
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2018
It was a very relaxed job, people are friendly but gossiped a lot, managers are good a well except for Loya (honestly surprised he got a manager position)
Pros
Hours were pretty flexible when they listened
Cons
Loya which is one of the managers
Amc Amazing
Cashier/Usher/Deliveries (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 17, 2018
Make smiles happen! Working here was cool the vibes here were chill and fun! Everyday when i came into work theres always something fun happening at work.
Good first job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 17, 2018
minimum wage job, best as a first job. Pay and benefits does not get well unless it is a high performing theater or job is in home office. Not a job to support yourself on if you have bills.
Pros
flexibility, free movies, discounted concession
Cons
poor pay, boring work, rude customers
Very relaxed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJSeptember 17, 2018
AMC was my second job, and it was extremely different from my first. The staff there were more like good friends rather than co-workers. It can't get much better than seeing movies whenever you want. most days were very relaxed but weekends tended to be busy. Overall it was a great work experience for me and my brother who also joined the team after me.
Working
Crew (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2018
The job was fun and the staff was great, but pay and benefits were terrible. Free movies at any AMC! Which was great! All in all the environment was good.
Terrible
Usher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I started as seasonal and it was my first real job. The people where nice to me and taught me how to do my job with great detail. The workload as an usher (which I was) is sometimes way too much. There are points were scheduling was messed up and others where there was only a one minute or no break at all between theaters. You are always on your feet at all times and only allowed to sit on breaks out of sight of costumers (unless the managers like you). As seasonal I had to work holidays so my Christmas morning was short with my family and work was busy. Once it calmed down and seasonal was over I kept my job because my friend who worked as a regular crew member suggested I be kept on. I was paid 8.25 to start and a month before I quit it was changed to 8.30 which I had found out that every employe except for myself had been being paid to start with. After a few weeks of being on a regular schedule the managers started to treat me differently. I was being reprimanded for doing things the way I was told and how others did them. The crew members were great and always made working bearable but the female managers not only were unkind to me but I was told that they talked about me to my coworkers behind my back. When I had finally had enough I quit and again I was treated unfairly. I was told to come after my shift to sign the paperwork and I was told on my last shift I would date it and that would be the end of my job there. For two weeks I checked the schedule and I didn’t show up as working. When I called about the paperwork it had already been dated for me. So if you are considering  more... this job I would say as long as you have thick skin and are really strapped for cash (the bare minimum that is) then apply here otherwise don’t bother).  less
Pros
Free movies
Cons
The workload, the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.