AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,972 reviews
Active work environment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work. Very active all the time. Great place for first time jobs. High school students are hired all the time. Great work ethic gets you very far there.
fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 29, 2018
Fun place to be. Customers of course always thought they could get away with anything. Teenagers are the the most hassle. Customer complaints would be annoying at times.
Mediocre
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
I always kept a positive attitude while working there but some of the managers were just too bossy. They always picked on certain people and that lead too people quitting or getting fired. I didn’t like it at all.
Pros
Free Luches
Cons
Bad management
fun and relaxed
Movie Theater Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sarver, PANovember 27, 2018
i recommend working at AMC Theaters. it is a very relaxed environment while movies are playing but when movies let out or are getting ready to start it is fast paces. management is great and so are the other employees.
Pros
discounts
Cons
late hours
It was great working here
Busser and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJNovember 27, 2018
Working at amc was amazing the management was amazing vary helpful the hours was not to bad just the Pay was low. They was vary challenging.and they tough me the importance of people skills.
Boring .
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2018
Managers are horrible . They work you hours that you should not work . They won’t let you off at the time you are supposed to get off .a lot of the customers are nice but the employees and management are very rude .
Pros
Nun
Cons
Leaving the job
Not the best place to work, but wasn't the worse working experience
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 26, 2018
AMC gave me a chance and gave me the opportunity to tend bar and for that I am very grateful. However, over the years management has been complacent .
Poor Management and Poor Customer Service
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 26, 2018
The management was poorly run, and customer service was hardly adequate.

A typical day at work was coming into the theater, and expecting to find a line of dissatisfied customers wanting free movie passes, or a refund for their experience. It was a normal expectancy every day I worked there.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
poor job security, no recognition for hard work
Slow paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 26, 2018
between a rude general manager who didn't care about his staff, and the eight hour shift I would get once, twice a week, long time employment there was no an option. The location needs a lot of renovation and love.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
management did nothing, large staff group
The coworkers and managers make it bearable
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 26, 2018
A typical day is great with a mix of rushes and dead times. Rushes where you have a bunch of costumers at one and dead times where no one is around.

Managers were also nice and understanding and extremely helpful

The only stressful part of the job was the rude costumers

Enjoyable part is the experience

Ushering is pretty tiring
Pros
Free movies, drinks
Cons
The hours that you have to work, can end very late.
AMC doesen't care
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 26, 2018
Truly horrible. Perfect job for a teenager who doesn't actually care about making money at all. You're paid scraps to sweep with old brooms and dustpans from the 80's that are completely ineffective at actually cleaning. I've had many jobs, I have experience working with customers of all different types but working here was just........ terrible.

Training was a joke. They threw me in and told me to basically start cleaning the bathrooms and theaters with no guidance whatsoever. They SORT of show you what to do, but not really. They just hope you can pick it up on your way. Training was also an 8 hour shift on the busiest Saturday of the year. Absolutely horrible. This alone made me decide to never go back to an AMC theaters ever again. You realize how filthy and disgusting everything really is when you work there, no one cleans any spaces except for the ones that guests see (occasionally) and there were rat traps all over our break room.

My managers and coworkers were nice and I was told I did a fantastic job, but they will get WHATEVER they can out of you hours wise. If you're not a minor expect to be scheduled way too much. l wanted to work very minimal part time to go back to school but they kept scheduling me for 8 hour shifts. The physical and mental toll this position takes on you is not worth minimum wage. The free movies aren't worth it. When you're ripping tickets guests get upset that we have to card if you look younger than 25 after 9 PM. You'll get pressured to sell stubs more and more even though people really aren't that interested. Managers expect you
  more... to have an actual investment in the theater when you're getting paid min wage or less and being treated badly by everyone around you and that just isn't realistic.Working here for an extremely short time really negatively effected me. Treat your employees better, pay better wages to not only crew, but managers and GMS, and you wouldn't have such high turnover rates. I wish I'd listened to reviews before being hired, I would have never even wasted my time with this position. After my first training day I never went back. Honestly just go be a cashier somewhere instead, you'll probably get paid more.  less
Pros
Friendly managers/coworkers
Cons
everything else
Crew Members
Team member (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 26, 2018
AMC was a temporary job while I was in high school. The environment made by the managers and the other crew members made the job very enjoyable. I noticed a lot of help from the managers side, even if they didn't want to do things, they always did their best to help aid in situations and take care of difficulties. It was a great job to do while in high school and is very easy going and relaxed.
Pros
Free movies, fun coworkers, downtime
Cons
Busy weekends
Fast paced yet relaxed
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 25, 2018
A good place for teens, or anyone looking to make an extra buck. The pay is decent but not enough to live off of. The discount is good though. Can be fast paced.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
Poor hours
i like enjoy working
Associate (Former Employee) –  Broadway ny, nyNovember 24, 2018
Customers service
Greet customers
point of sales
Cashier/management was good/workplace was cultural
enjoyed meeting people and greeting them
the job was not hard but having about 200 people waiting to ring up on line waiting to be serve.
Making sure customers are happy
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no health care
A start job
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 24, 2018
Requires basic skills, effiecent cleaning and multi-tasking skills. Customer service is big in the movie industry, thanking guest and directing them and keeping them happy when they mad about prices and being late for movies.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
NO OT. NO Holiday pay or holidays off.
Agradable, mucho que hacer
Constructor (Former Employee) –  Apodaca, N. L.November 21, 2018
Innovar, ser creativo
nunca dar algo por terminado, se puede hacer mas
espiritu de urgencia
el tiempo, contra entrega
producto terminado
Pros
tiempo, entre trabajos
Cons
clima
Fun but challenging.
Movie Theater (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2018
Working here was a great first job and at first was great but management was hard to work with at times and the pay was very low especially with the hours i had been working while there.
Pros
free movies
Cons
management
Its a good rookie job
Cashier/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2018
When a new movie comes out be prepared to work until the whole movie leaves the theatre. It is a good job to have when you first start out, but as a retirement job, I don't think it suits that lifestyle, for me.
Pros
free movie
Cons
non
Fast paced
Dish, Prep and line cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830November 19, 2018
You have to be in uniform. Always get your work done as soon as possible or you might get in trouble for it. Sometimes they fire people without reasons and they have favorites so make sure they like you.
Pros
good pay, good workers
Cons
Managers aren't always doing their best but never point it out.
It’s a productive and fun work place i enjoyed working there a lot every one was nice and friendly and respectful
Usher and Cashier and ticket taker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 19, 2018
If u you don’t kno how to get on your feet and move quickly AMC isn’t for you. Amc is a fast past work place so if your not willing to multitask or Atleast willing to leaven how to it’s not for you at all.
Pros
50% off there meals being that u work there and free drinks
Cons
Can get really busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.