AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

fun and compeditive
Server (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 2, 2017
when you come in i would sign in to the computer then i would start to put my work outfit on get a hand held for order taking and then get given a theater that i would have to take until it ended.
Pros
half price lunch and free drinks
Cons
rude custermers low tips
Challenging with occasional long hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 1, 2017
The typical day is pretty routine making sure that all aspects of the theater are ready for business. I've learned a lot about running a business, ordering supplies, counting money, inventory, managing people, dealing with the public etc.. The shift work and distance I have to travel are reasons that make this job difficult. The people I work with are what make this job enjoyable because they both friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free movie viewing
Cons
Dealing with irrational people
i hate this job
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 30, 2017
i was discriminated for my orientation. made me feel unwanted and very uncomfortable. they were very fake and sneaky. i dont not recommend this place to anyone
protective
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 29, 2017
Everyday i would clean greet the guest and be a cashier or clean the auditorium. A typical day i learned how to connect with guest on a regular. The management was really good they were very understanding when it was times people had to call out last minute , but was really bad with communicating. The work place culture was very nice and settle. The hardest part fro me was the advertising. The most enjoying was watching free movies.
Exploits workers, like many other large companies
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 28, 2017
You get paid as low as possible while they are constantly increasing your workload and trying to cut budgets. Be prepared to work every night, weekend and holiday. Kiss any chance of a social life good-bye. They tell ever new hire that they will receive a raise every six months, you will never get them. You will always be tired from all of the physical labor, this job truly consumes every fiber of your being.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low pay, No breaks, Bad hours, Physical labor
high paced work environment with tough management
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
The pay at AMC as a server is pretty good . But with the new management came stricter policies, longer hours, and poor morale amongst the employees. Overall I liked and appreciate the AMC the opportunities it gave me and I would urge anybody to give it a shot and see how it turns out for you.
Underpaid
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 27, 2017
It's not a bad place to work. The management is okay, and the work itself is alright, but expect to be sorely underpaid until you get a salaried position.
Cons
Pay
where to start
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 27, 2017
AMC was my first job, i did enjoy the opportunity to get experience and then they gave me more than enough customer service experience to last a lifetime i learned how to deal with a variety of people in very different situations.
Good first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 27, 2017
Good for a first job. Made some good friends and most of the lower management is nice. It's a lot of hard, physical work though and you don't get paid a decent wage. Customers also tend to treat you quite horribly, but upper management won't ever stand up for you. Really fast paced and stressful, you get mobbed by customers almost everyday.
Pros
Breaks, food discounts, free movies
Cons
Bad pay, stressful
Slow paced work
Box Office, Concession , Usher (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJNovember 26, 2017
a typical day at work would be for me clean the bathrooms and theatres, serve food and drinks to the guests, and also sell tickets to the guests.
I have learned about upselling and a little about the movie business.
Management was very good, they treated their employees with respect and helped us out any time they can.
Their really was no hard part of the job except when a bunch of people would come in all at once and it would get a little stressful.
Most enjoyable part was the free movies we would be allowed o watch on our breaks.
Pros
free movies, concession stand discounts.
Cons
Not enough money or hours
Fine for a temporary part time job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 26, 2017
I worked there as an in-between job to make easy money while I looked for other jobs. I enjoyed the atmosphere and people I worked with. Pretty simple to work your way up if you show initiative and competence. Ultimately left becauseI I found a full time job that paid me much better.
Management is not that great
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCNovember 26, 2017
The biggest problem there is management and keeping people employed, they do not pay enough to the people that work there. People leave every week due to finding better jobs and they cannot keep a good number of employees.
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Short break, Low pay
N/a
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2017
The job overall is great. The tasks that need to be done are fairly easy and trainable. Things just never ran smoothly cause of poor management. People getting wrongfully promoted solely based on favoritism, shift cuts resulting in understaffing, and no recognition for accomplishments/achievements.
dreadful although satisfactional
Usher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 22, 2017
long exciting and fast paced, enjoyable enough to stay for a year. every day i would look forward to going to work and meeting new people. my co workers were also entertaining and fun to be around.
Pros
good people
Cons
long standing periods
Productive place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2017
Provide all workers with respect, cool, and always try’s to motivate people to become better world and grow inside the company.you may find it boring at times but the jobs is fast pace And fun.
Very stressful work environment
CREW MEMBER-RAISING CANES (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2017
A typical day could be very stressful. The hardest part of my job would be working in position by myself due to bad scheduling, Management was very bad as well. When needed by the crew members even guests, they were always gone.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Bad management
for school kids
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2017
This job is for kids still in highschool. the hours are short and the pay isn't that goo either. the managers aren't that bad but they could use some improvement also
My theatre was fun to work at, but that’s bc I have an excellent GM above him though I don’t know if they have our well being at heart.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2017
Don’t get a job here if you want to be paid fairly. While it can be fun, nobody stays because of pay, on top of that it can get stressful and hard to have a personal life.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
People above the GM do not care about you.
Supervisor Perspective
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2017
Plenty of room for growth if you're willing to wait and suffer through the daily grind but it requires a lot of travel to different locations. No work/life balance as 70% of your shifts are at night and weekends. The guests can be challenging and really test your patients. Your coworkers can be extremely lazy and unattentive which makes it very difficult to do your own job. The pay is not that great as they want to incentivize you to move up the ladder, but despite that, there are a lot of lifers who have been in the same position for years. Don't expect any benefits other than a 401k. It doesn't start to feel like a career until you move into a senior and general manager role but it takes years to get there and many relocations.

However, this is an excellent place to gain experience as you will be working multiple roles. You will gain an enormous amount of confidence dealing with people and it will help you when you move on.
Fun place to work, but mainly a job for high schoolers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at AMC, however, as a college kid, I didn't really like working with high schoolers or teenagers. There was a lot of drama because of how young the employees were. This isn't a bad job if you are just starting out or need a little extra money in your pocket. The hours are very flexible and the managers are definitely willing to work with you in any situation that you may have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9