AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

it was stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 13, 2018
the managers didn't care much about your schedule unless they personally liked you, i live in a dangerous area and told them night shifts are really horrible for me and they gave me morning shifts only for a week as if the violence stopped. so i ended up spending money on ubers just to ensure i got home safe
sucks to work here
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA 30260June 13, 2018
working there was terrible and very stressful. They do not value employees. They do not care about the fact that employees have lives and other things to do.
great experience
Worked at AMC as a busser (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 12, 2018
• Responsible for delivery of food and beverages to customers
• Interact with guests and provide quality customer service
• Perform dishwashing duties
fun place but low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 12, 2018
the pay there sucked for how busy it was but you did get to talk to and meet a lot of nice people. huge crowds of people and not a lot of time for any breaks
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
no benefits really
Fun Place to Work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 11, 2018
It was a fine job but the managers made it harder than it needed to be. I enjoyed the coworkers and the ability to see movies on my days off for free.
Working at AMC.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 11, 2018
Worst management team I've ever worked for. Selfish, rude and played favorites. Most managers just stand, even during busy nights and didn't help at all. Would not recommend to anyone to work here. Worst place ever.
Pros
Free movies. Free drinks & popcorn.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement. No communication with managers. Rude managers.
More like a high school than a job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 9, 2018
If you're over 21, you'll have a miserable time working at a movie theater. The teens that work there like to bring high school drama into the workplace. Management will lie to your face. I was promoted pretty quickly to shift leader. Was told one day I could be a manager. Come to find out there were no plans to move me up because of my tattoos. I thought it would be fun to work for AMC but learned very quickly how horrible it could be. The pay isn't worth it. Just save yourself the trouble and stay away from the theater business.
Management unstable with exeption to friendly coworkers.
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILJune 8, 2018
In my experience of a short period at AMC Theaters would be available hours to work were not out forward when it came time to scheduling. Also, while working there, I found it hard to balance between school and work because of scheduling mistakes.
fun work place and great staff
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 7, 2018
It was great meeting both customers and employees made me proud to be an amc team member! Would recommend this job to anyone looking for their first job
Pros
free movies
Cons
weekend shifts
Organized and fun workplace
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2018
Most of the day was spent standing, attending customers which developed my skills. The management team was too enveloped in gossip. Very few, friendly members. Dealing with the customers was easier than dealing with the management.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 7, 2018
People were friendly to work with, made many friends, enjoyed going to work. Always had support from the coworkers, and never felt bad about anything.
Pros
Meeting new people, fun environment
Great management but poor pay.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
The managers of the theater I worked at are amazing. They care about every employee and are not just there to boss employees around. However, the pay at AMC is very poor. The workers are poorly compensated for their work and the effort put into the job by some workers shows this.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Poor pay
Good times with minimal reward
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 6, 2018
The working environment was very relaxed and easy going due to the similar age range of the employees and the easy-going managers . However the work was stressful due to technical issues occasionally and very low wage.
Very poor communication between local floor managers and upper managers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAJune 6, 2018
The local General Manager and floor staff had very little contact almost all GM communication was in response to what he viewed on cameras positioned throughout the theater
Pros
Free movies
Cool
Usher and Concessionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2018
Free movies and popcorn. Concession was stressful. Great job for teens looking for their 1st real job. Will leave at 1-2 if u lose. Great 1st job experience
Good part time position for teens
Ticket Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 4, 2018
When I started at AMC , I was a customer service rep at the snack stands. After a few months, they trained me to sell tickets which I liked more than food stand. I was proud when they offered me the promotion in just a couple of months.
Pros
Good job for first employment
Cons
pay
Easy first job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 4, 2018
AMC was my first job. It was always busy on weekends, depending on the season and the film schedule, and kept me on my toes. While I enjoyed the movie culture, my co-workers, and the free movies, I did not respect many of my managers, nor did I plan to make a career out of the theater. Overall, I learned basic customer service skills and the ability to work as a team. A decent first time job.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Lack of organization
Great place to work with managers who care about you.
Film Associate Crew (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJune 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at AMC theaters, their a great company and my bosses were relatable and kind. They were understanding. However, the downsides of the company are that you have to be willing to work holidays and you must be available for weekends or they will not hire you. You will NOT be given time and a half for holidays if you do work holidays, and you are often looked down upon for requesting a holiday off.
Cons
Holiday work without time and a half
fun workplace very laid back, good teen job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARJune 3, 2018
very fun and laid back. i enjoyed it very much as my first job. pay sucked and so does the hours. there until 2 in the morning sometimes closing. felt like a janitor and a cashier but only got paid to be a cashier.
Pros
laid back, free movies
Cons
bad hours, lots of cleaning
fun place to work
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 3, 2018
AMC is the same as carmike cinemas and any other movie theater. It's really fun to work with people that love movies and popcorn as much as your self.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.