AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

it was okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 12, 2018
it was an okay place to work. it is a great place for college kids and high school kids but that's pretty much it. the pay isn't great but at least you get free movies.
Low Pay
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2018
I Worked At AMC For 4 Months...I always got called in on my off days... The pay was 7.25 I loved it till I realized how rude guests could be and that they could make you lose your job . they cut your hours if slow. I just was not impressed.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Minimum wage pay, discounts only on break, work you too hard
N/a
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 11, 2018
Management was amazing. The employees were wonderful to work with. I didn't like leaving the job but I had no choice at that time. If I could go back I would. I loved that place.
Strong connection to co-workers
Theater Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJFebruary 10, 2018
The crew is underpaid for the amount of work they do. Management can be terrible. Managers can spontaneously be moved to a different theater at anytime. However it can be a great place to make friends with coworkers and watch free movies.
Great Company to Work For
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Strong Management Values.
Perks of free Movie tickets.
Plenty of Locations.
innovative company.
Strong SOPs.
Consistent Employee Advancement.
Strong Culture.
Easy place to work and move up
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAFebruary 10, 2018
It's a relaxed environment. Management is super flexible with needing time off. Selling stub cards were probably the worst part of this job.There is a lot of room for growth if you prove yourself.
Very nice place to work
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2018
I loved working here, the people we're awesome and I got to see free movies. My only problem was that I hated working concessions, but they wouldn't schedule me for anything else. So I inevitably had to quit, and I would go back if I would never have to work concessions again.
Pros
Fun People, Free Movies
Cons
Over-scheduling
Great first job
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2018
AMC is a good place to work overall, however, after a year it seems to be a little tiring. When you first start, its like the best job you could have asked for. It's when things start to change is when you start to like it less. One thing is for sure, everyone that they hire has their own UNIQUE personality.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No holidays
Not compensated well
Theater Crew (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAFebruary 8, 2018
This job is physically demanding, and you will often see your schedule jump from 4 hours a week to 32 hours. There is no stability in scheduling. I enjoyed that each crew member did a bit of everything, but compensation was so poor. a year of service qualifies you for a $0.20 raise... if you deserve it.
It was a fun workplace, but has it's flaws.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 8, 2018
AMC is a great company to work for. However, they hire different people and I really didn't approve of some of the people they chose to hire as managers. The managers I worked for were always doing the total opposite of what they would want from the rest of the team. It was alot of favoritism as well going on at the location I worked for. I was one of the best in the kitchen and feel I didn't get acknowledged nor paid for my work.

Want to know more about AMC Theatres?

Ask a question
Overall it was an ok place to work with but i definitely didn’t see myself staying there too long
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 7, 2018
If it continues to improve then it can be so much better then it is now. I worked my hardest every day and there we little to almost no benefits. I sincerely wish them the best .
A divisive management team
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 7, 2018
We had no less than four managers on staff at all times. The general manager was, to say the least, quirky, but truly cared about her staff. She dealt with me when I went through some hard times. Then we had our operations manager, who was lax, but still got everything running correctly and did his job well. The other two managers were less than appeasing to talk about. One, almost constantly, seemed to be under the influence of marijuana. The other, had an aggressive management style that went above and beyond mere assertiveness. While the three management styles can work effectively in their own right, this hodge-podge triumvirate seemed like a recipe for disaster on MANY different occasions.
Pros
Free screenings of movies, free popcorn
Cons
No benefits
Daily Life at Bakersfield AMC
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Maintaining a clean store was easy as a person who works but management could have made things more fair with an even distribution of the work to be done.
Horrible company
AMC Film Crew (Former Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Horrible management, from the bottom to the top. There have been multiple managers who were reported for harassment issues, and it took too long for the corporate managers to respond.
Great if you're just looking for money on the side
Theatre Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Really relaxed environment and management. Co-workers are nice. Pay can be decent but Not a job to pay bills with though unless you have a management position
Pros
flexible hours, rarely stressful
Cons
low hours, low pay, not much potential for advancement
AMC Film Crew
Film Crew Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Best job I have worked hands down. It was an amazing experience and helped me grow in a guest service environment. AMC is all about having fun so work doesn't even feel like work. I would honestly go back if I could pursue a higher position.
Pros
Fun, Competition, Relaxing
Cons
Management needs a little more organization in case an employee gets hurt
Fun Job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 5, 2018
Its a very easy job. You sell tickets, food, clean, or check tickets. Its a straight forward job in a fun environment. Great if you're looking for something simple that offers late hours. Management is very good at helping workers and make the job fun.
Pros
Free Movies
Avoid This Job
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 5, 2018
This is an awful job. Management shows favoritism and will lie to you. There are almost no opportunities to advance, you will be working long hours where you often will be unable to take a break. Not recommended at all.
Good Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Not a bad place to work, advancement past Store manager was next to impossible. Management was great a fantastic place to work if you don't want to much responsibilites
Do not work here
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIFebruary 4, 2018
AMC Theatres used to be Carmike Cinemas, I was part of the team when the companies switched over and it was a very poor decision. AMC pays the lowest amount in the marketplace and expects a great deal of work out of you. Harassment is a great problem in the work environment, especially for young workers and the company doesn't do anything to help. There is no room for growth at all in the company and the hours of operation are constantly changing. The hours you get to work all depend on which movie releases are happening: low release movies = no hours. Management doesn't care about the cleanliness of the building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.