AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work, good environment and staff.
FA Crew (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Working at amc theaters was a good experience. As a worker you got to experience the many different positions it has to offer such as concessions, box office, cleaning theaters, and greeting people.
Pros
discounts
Cons
time off
Great job to work at
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Superior, COFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day would be whatever shift they assigned you at for that day Greeter, Usher, or Concessions.
I learned how movie there functions and what weird stuff people leave in the theaters.
Managment was good.
The hardest part is when someone eats sunflower seeds in the theater and you try to sweep it up.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
No free popcorn
Productive work environment
Food & Beverage Manager/H.R. Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYFebruary 23, 2018
I learned the skills needed to help take me to the next step in life. Customer service is a job I think everyone needs to work in to truly understand the value of hard work and how to manage a large variety of different human beings.
Pros
flexible work schedule, free movies
uhm
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 23, 2018
long hours, no breaks after the age of 18, the management is hardly ever seen on the floor, only benefit was being able to watch the movies before the came out
AMC was different
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Working at AMC had to be the worst days of my life. Being a buzzer there was terrible, paid off of tips, doing more than what you are paid to do. Was quite terrible.
Fun workplace
Crew Member/Cashier/Concessionist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 22, 2018
Working at AMC was fun! Unfortunately, I had to leave due to being unable to juggle with other obligations. It was my first job and the staff there will treat you like family. You do have to carry water bottle cases and giant popcorn bags but they aren't that heavy. The worst part is cleaning out the fryer because you can't get the smell out of the shirt(even after washing it several times). If you decide to work there though, you'll leave with funny stories and good memories.
Avoid amc at all costs.
Film Crew Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Stressful, unrewarding, disgusting, rude guests, rude management, low pay, no benefits. Worked here for almost two years now, and AMC treats you like trash and they give you nothing in return. Expect to work every holiday and weekend while they barely give you regular hours because they have no money to give you. Theatres are a dying industry, and working at AMC really shows you that. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Free movies (Sometimes)
Cons
Pay, Work Environment, Hours, Management, Guests
Fun Job
Part-Time Usher/Porter/ Greeter (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 21, 2018
I very much enjoyed my job at AMC. I worked with a wide range of people; everyone was diverse and I loved it. The only difficult thing about this job was having to deal with rowdy kids and rude adults, but you get that pretty much anywhere you go so it was no big deal.
Pros
Free movies, fun work environment, great people
Cons
Rude customers, rowdy kids
Fun but stressful workplace
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 21, 2018
Your enjoyment of this job is really going to depend on who you're working with. If you've got a great group of people who has the drive to get done what needs to be done, you'll have a great time. Otherwise this job can be a nightmare, especially in the crowded summer months.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
only 2 free tickets; no family discount
Great Part-Time Job for High School Students
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Working at AMC was a very fun experience where I gained some leadership skills. Training was very good for the job, and when I had questions, managers were very helpful. You will make some great friends on the job while bonding over the typical suckiness of a part time job and dealing with customers, but at the end of the day, this is the job I miss and will remember the most.
Fun workplace
Server/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at AMC. The management could be better though. They are slightly unorganized and often times not everyone is on the same page. Your coworkers are what really help you through the busy days.
They don't really give breaks so if you like taking breaks this might not be the job for you.
Free movies is a good benefit of working here as well.
Easy but not rewardingm
AMC Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAFebruary 19, 2018
I have been there too long with no respect. Or little appreciation thrown my way. I have worked hard for them and am dependable. But I have no authority or respect from anyone who has any authority. My options and ideas where never taken seriously. So I would appreciate any job at this point.
okay place to work
Film Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2018
Need better pay, not much opportunity for advancement. Free movies for myself and a guest. Flexible hours and fun co-workers. Fast turn-over of employees.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay, careers
understaffed/overstaffed low pay
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILFebruary 18, 2018
A typical weekend would consist of you rushing around and attending to customers, many people did not stock after shifts and management did little about it. This lead to under-stocked products and made the day easily 10 times harder. The starting pay for a crew member was 8.25, getting a raise every 3 months.
Pros
Free tickets for you and another person
Cons
low-pay
healthy work enviorment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNFebruary 17, 2018
A Typical work day would consist of helping customers and stocking candy. I'ved learned how to use a kettle and hot dog roller. management was decent, wotrkplace equally fun and fast paced, hardest part of the job was to lift the kettle corn bags up. my most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
free popcorn and pop
Cons
short breaks
Good experience for a first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Gained a lot of customer experience working there but for what they have you do its not worth the amount they pay you. Also management was not at its the best when i decided to leave there.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
also most ever get a brake
Awesome
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 15, 2018
I definitely enjoyed working here. The best thing about this job was the room for growth and professional development. Management was fair and understanding!
Interesting Job experince
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 15, 2018
At first, I was very excited and confident in working with AMC. Unfortunately, there were a lot of things about the team that I was unaware of that made me want to work there less. Some of the staff was choosy with what task they wanted to do, management was lazy, and keeping the place clean was to a minimum. There were also times where certain employees were given special treatment, but others not. I found that to be unfair, and bias.
Pros
slushies, seeing movies free
Cons
Favoritism, Staff, Management
Amc
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Parker, COFebruary 15, 2018
AMC was another one of my favorite places to work. It was fairly simple and not super hard. The benefits of free movies was also super nice. It is definitely a place i'd encourage other to work at as well.
Very Easy but don't expect much
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2018
It really depends on the time period of when you're working. If a new movie came out, there will always be a bunch of new hires so you may get some good hours or you'll lose out on some. I worked primarily in Box Office which was easy but the customers get pretty wild. I remember a coworker was told to "go die" because of one of our policies where we couldn't serve him first. You'll be pushed to sell stubs but you won't get much out of it. The only good benefit is free movies and little discount on the food. It was also difficult to see a movie if the movie was very popular, I was turned down to see shape of water because so many guests came.
Pros
Free movies, discounts
Cons
short breaks, managers expect a lot but give little in return, guests can be very rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.