AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Cook (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 20, 2018
It was a good experience in the beginning but there is no team work the managers are favorable an the workers don't want to work the pay is not that good for the work you have to do
It was a fun experience...for young people who have time.
Film Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 19, 2018
It's a good first job and experience for people but they are not big on people who have school and other responsibilities. Harsh and unpredictable work hours. Great hours when a big movie comes out but during a slow movie season, hours are tight and little.
Pros
Free movies.
Cons
Short breaks. Will take you out of breaks for help needed. No paid lunch break.
Just a movie theater with recliners and unique food and beverages
AMC Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 18, 2018
I was always scheduled to usher when they knew I never wanted to be one and they would report me for every little thing I say. Also l had little hours
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Terrible management
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Great entry level jobs, weekend and holiday availability is required. I really enjoyed being at a location that hosted special screenings and red carpet premiers because you never know who you might meet. Developed great skills; during high traffic times, good customer service and efficiency are necessary to make sure the customers feel valued. I would work there again.
Pros
Can see movies for free with popcorn and fountain drinks
Cons
Holidays and weekends are required-some flexibility
Relaxed ecept on tuesdays or big opening nights
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2018
It was a very relaxed job, people are friendly but gossiped a lot, managers are good a well except for Loya (honestly surprised he got a manager position)
Pros
Hours were pretty flexible when they listened
Cons
Loya which is one of the managers
Amc Amazing
Cashier/Usher/Deliveries (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 17, 2018
Make smiles happen! Working here was cool the vibes here were chill and fun! Everyday when i came into work theres always something fun happening at work.
Good first job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 17, 2018
minimum wage job, best as a first job. Pay and benefits does not get well unless it is a high performing theater or job is in home office. Not a job to support yourself on if you have bills.
Pros
flexibility, free movies, discounted concession
Cons
poor pay, boring work, rude customers
Very relaxed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJSeptember 17, 2018
AMC was my second job, and it was extremely different from my first. The staff there were more like good friends rather than co-workers. It can't get much better than seeing movies whenever you want. most days were very relaxed but weekends tended to be busy. Overall it was a great work experience for me and my brother who also joined the team after me.
Working
Crew (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2018
The job was fun and the staff was great, but pay and benefits were terrible. Free movies at any AMC! Which was great! All in all the environment was good.
Terrible
Usher (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I started as seasonal and it was my first real job. The people where nice to me and taught me how to do my job with great detail. The workload as an usher (which I was) is sometimes way too much. There are points were scheduling was messed up and others where there was only a one minute or no break at all between theaters. You are always on your feet at all times and only allowed to sit on breaks out of sight of costumers (unless the managers like you). As seasonal I had to work holidays so my Christmas morning was short with my family and work was busy. Once it calmed down and seasonal was over I kept my job because my friend who worked as a regular crew member suggested I be kept on. I was paid 8.25 to start and a month before I quit it was changed to 8.30 which I had found out that every employe except for myself had been being paid to start with. After a few weeks of being on a regular schedule the managers started to treat me differently. I was being reprimanded for doing things the way I was told and how others did them. The crew members were great and always made working bearable but the female managers not only were unkind to me but I was told that they talked about me to my coworkers behind my back. When I had finally had enough I quit and again I was treated unfairly. I was told to come after my shift to sign the paperwork and I was told on my last shift I would date it and that would be the end of my job there. For two weeks I checked the schedule and I didn’t show up as working. When I called about the paperwork it had already been dated for me. So if you are considering  more... this job I would say as long as you have thick skin and are really strapped for cash (the bare minimum that is) then apply here otherwise don’t bother).  less
Pros
Free movies
Cons
The workload, the management

Want to know more about AMC Theatres?

Ask a question
Manejaing
Anyone (Current Employee) –  Agra, Uttar PradeshSeptember 14, 2018
AMC to the government employees to get for the lost to Far employees to respect to senior to feel the receipt to the employees ment mention to feel
Pros
Job
Cons
10hours
Productive and fun workplace with free slurpee and popcorn.
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 14, 2018
Very fast pace or very slow. Customer service is definite. Keeping up with constant new promotions (it's a theatre) can be challenging but not difficult. Very friendly coworkers.
Pros
free popcorn and drinks/slurpee
Cons
Breaks go by fast but it's not terrible.
Great as a Side Hustle
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 13, 2018
I have a lot of general training and service skills thanks to AMC. They usually high teenagers hence why the job can be slow yet stressful. Overall it offers great experience and is fantastic as a side hustle.
Pros
Flex. schedule
Cons
Low Pay
Exciting, Upbeat Environment
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILSeptember 13, 2018
This job is awesome if you are good with people. You meet a lot of new faces, and sparking conversation over the hottest new movie was always pretty fun! You must be willing to make them feel welcomed and cross-trained to do more than one task.
Pros
Flexible, Free Movies
Easy going first job
Theater Crew (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
I worked there a while ago but it was a relaxed place to work. At the time they offered me free movie tickets while I was not working. You get as much drinks and popcorn as you want
Pros
Discount lunches, Free Movies
Cons
Breaks are rare, management doesn't care
enjoyable environment
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 12, 2018
productive and fun you meet interesting people and the crew and management very friendly.You get free movies and employee screenings, you see movies before anyone else.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no benefits
The weirdest serving job you will have
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
Worked as a server. The tips are boom or bust based on what movies are in theaters. Tips are also heavily reliant on the audience of the current movie playing and the difference between rent and starvation is whether you get an Oscar Bait movie or a Teenage Rom Com.
Pros
Lunches, Flexible Schedule
Cons
The Cons of Any Serving Job but Now With More Stairs
A fun and pumping atmosphere
crew member (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 11, 2018
The idea to work at a movie theater might seem to be a fun one but in reality it is! At the theater you meet all sorts of people from your community and learn a lot about them.
Pros
Free popcorn and movies
Cons
Changing hours will little time for notification
It was very fun at first but things become unorganized, and we became really under staff.
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 10, 2018
it was really fun at first but it began to get kinda unorganized, and we were supper under staff. There were a lot of staff problems also such as drama.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work with friendly staff and co-workers every
Customer service / film crew assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I will work at any theatre in the future because of the positive way I was trained and worked with on a team level every day. The managers were understanding and helpful with any questions or concerns I presented to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.