AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Fun and Rewarding workplace
Film (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2017
The work is simple and easy to do. The work environment is fun and rewarding. Free movies and reduced prices on meals. Everyone is friendly and cooperative. They make work go smoother. The managers could have done better and be more engaged in the work.
Pros
Reduces Meals, Free popcorn and soda, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Customers
Fun
Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTDecember 9, 2017
AMC theatres is a great place to work. Flexible hours and decent benefits for full time management. Amazing culture. Very fast pased and constantly changing.
Free movies
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 8, 2017
Your job is to sell Stubs cards, if you can do this, you will have a job. Everything else can be overlooked barring major guest complaints. The training program takes a week, so you get used to sitting in a classroom and then are thrust into shifts. All of your training is on customer service, but if you are caught not selling cards, even to focus on helping a customer, you will be fired.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Forced selling
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 8, 2017
This was my first job so I learned a lot. The management was good and so were the hours. I would normally work 9am-5pm or 5pm-12am. Some days could be really slow and others were very busy.
Pros
Free movie tickets, Free rewards card, Good hours, Good management
Cons
Low pay
Could be fun. Unless your Management sucks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2017
No day was a typical day. You could be schedule to do work in one section of the theater but end up doing many different things through out the day which I enjoy. The culture was good many people to work but small enough to know everyone, somewhat like a family. Stock or maintenance were difficult at times. Issue i had was management, instead of leading they were usually not around and expecting you to do 2-3 different jobs at the same time, which could be problem because you'll leave one team for another to hurry back and help them again. They also didn't hire enough so you were always under staff. I did learn many things from fixing walls/machinery,communication, cleaning etc...
Pros
free movie tickets?
Cons
Guess can be rude, poor management
A fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2017
It was fun - Advancement opportunities exist but you have to move to Kansas City. Little oversight was both a Pro and a Con. I didn't have anyone breathing down my back, but also, I don't think upper management had a clue of my capabilities.
Pros
Little oversight
Cons
Little oversight
Great coworkers, fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 5, 2017
At AMC I had the privilege to work with some great employees who were really friendly, it is a very fast paced job when it gets busy. I got the chance to also enjoy the benefits of working at AMC, which included free movies.
Not Worth It
Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 5, 2017
They fired the janitors and expect their employees to stay until 3 AM and pick up the slack while giving no pay raises. They don't even recycle and we throw away multiple cardboard boxes a day. Overall the management is nice and understands we our underpaid and overworked but the owners don't care about the employees.
Pros
Free movies popcorn and drinks
Cons
too many to list
Amc
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 5, 2017
Fun, temporary work environment for college and high school students.
Little chance for advancement unless you know someone.
As much as people complain about the managers at AMC, with the exception of one or two, the management at AMC is quite good, albeit, temporary. It seems that they have little say in what AMC will and will not do and they do the best that they can with what they receive.
My biggest concern is that even though we are the busiest in the nation, there is little interest from corporate to help fix many issues that could be resolved if AMC was more willing to spend for the overall upkeep of the busiest theatre in the nation.
Good first job for a teenager
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2017
I was able to learn a lot of thing in this job, that set the foundation for the real world based on the management crew and other peers, was able to watch as many free movie, free popcorn an soda, discounted hotdogs and nachos.
Literally hated this place
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
management was literally the worst. they pick favorites and let's just say if you're not one of them you'll be an usher for every single shift, while people they like will repeatedly be greeter and box. super underpaid and overworked for the amount of stuff you have to deal with. And you will work every single holiday no ifs ands or buts
Fun
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 4, 2017
Definitely a good job with good energy. The job is super easy and the people you work with are awesome. Definitely recommend this job to someone looking for their first job
stuck
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 4, 2017
Stuck is the best way to describe the working environment at AMC. To utilize the idea of a ladder, one is stuck on the second rung, and that is the extend that one is able to move up.
Eh.
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
The job is fun, but only for a short time. It is pretty much exactly what you'd expect. The hours are exhausting - movie theaters are open late. You're expected to sell memberships and get reprimanded if you don't. The job is all about up-selling. You have to have at least two weekend days and one week day fully available (weekends at AMC start on Friday morning and end Sunday night). This is a high stress job.
Pros
free movies
Cons
weird hours, weekends required
Too Many hours, not enough pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2017
I was one of the only people that was trained in every aspect of the theatre, yet I was never recognized. I was a supervisor making 9.50 an hour. Now I make $13 an hour as an unexperienced line cook. The job would've been way worth the BS if the pay was better.
Ideal for teenagers or a second job
Box Office Attendant/Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 2, 2017
I took this position as a way to make additional income. It served its purpose and I left on good terms. The normal pace is high, but there are lower points. The pay is just minimum wage, so I wouldn't suggest this as a way to make your primary income unless you are a teenager who needs money for a car, gas, etc.
fun and compeditive
Server (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 2, 2017
when you come in i would sign in to the computer then i would start to put my work outfit on get a hand held for order taking and then get given a theater that i would have to take until it ended.
Pros
half price lunch and free drinks
Cons
rude custermers low tips
Challenging with occasional long hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 1, 2017
The typical day is pretty routine making sure that all aspects of the theater are ready for business. I've learned a lot about running a business, ordering supplies, counting money, inventory, managing people, dealing with the public etc.. The shift work and distance I have to travel are reasons that make this job difficult. The people I work with are what make this job enjoyable because they both friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free movie viewing
Cons
Dealing with irrational people
i hate this job
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 30, 2017
i was discriminated for my orientation. made me feel unwanted and very uncomfortable. they were very fake and sneaky. i dont not recommend this place to anyone
protective
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 29, 2017
Everyday i would clean greet the guest and be a cashier or clean the auditorium. A typical day i learned how to connect with guest on a regular. The management was really good they were very understanding when it was times people had to call out last minute , but was really bad with communicating. The work place culture was very nice and settle. The hardest part fro me was the advertising. The most enjoying was watching free movies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9