Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 29,181 reviews
good
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceSeptember 13, 2018
good. highly effective and professional management and work culture paired with conducive environment . it's always a DAY 1 , customer-obssessed and highly motivating company and satisfying.
Amazon is not for most people.
Sr. Technical Program Manager (AWS/AGS) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 29, 2018
Flawless execution is not rewarded at Amazon. If you do not have a family, enjoy working 60-80 weeks, do not like being rewarded for significant contributions, and never want to see your signing bonus, Amazon is a great place to work.
Pros
steady stream of work
Cons
lack of leadership
Productive and learning experience
IT Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgMay 22, 2016
If anything my time at Amazon has been insightful and a great learning experience. A famous saying is "Everyday is day 1". The amount of skills I have acquired, the work ethic I have adopted and the connections I've made is truly overwhelmingly great. These learnings and leadership skills I will carry through in my next position. My co-workers are seen as fellow coaches where we learn from each other irrespective of the organization they work in.

Coming from Cape Town, South Africa, the hardest part of my job is living in Luxembourg, which is a small conservative country which I have not adapted well to. I travel to Singapore quite frequently during my vacations and feel I would adapt easily while working on my career in IT.

Benefits are not that important to me. I look at what the company has provided me for personal growth.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
HIgh bar expected at all levels
AWS APAC SOC Manager (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00October 21, 2015
The approach to the Leadership Principles is very different from other companies and the drive to excel in them in relentless.
Pros
free coffee