ALDI Employee Review

Great if you never get hurt and want to work a ton
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 7, 2016
It'll keep you busy 100% of the time, you will pretty much never have downtime until the last customer leaves, and even then, they rush you to clean and get everything spik and span in an hour. Typically its one manager and one or two associates running the store, simply because they have very high expectations. This makes it hard for them to hire people in the first place
Pros
You get to know your coworkers well, ive stayed friends with them after leaving the job
Cons
Max of one 30 minute break, even for a 10+ hour shift, pressure to never call out even when sick

Other ALDI Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits but poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2018
I loved my job. The pay was great and the benefits were even better. The management was terrible, you worked so much you couldn't have a life. I worked there for almost 10 years and had the management been better, I probably would've worked there indefinitely.
Hard work, Fast paced, Good Pay
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  WAJanuary 16, 2018
as per the pros and cons. Don't apply if you don't like hard work. you can get a shift from anywhere between 6am - 10pm (but sometimes not getting out until 11 or 11.30pm.
You have to count back change... the registers don't tell you how much change to give back.
you are expected to run a mixed pallet in a ridiculous time.
you need to be fit and healthy to do this job... heavy lifting will be involved at some point.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
you're just a number, high pressure/stress, long hours with minimal staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.