ALDI Employee Reviews

Could have improved
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJuly 19, 2018
I learned a lot and grew overtime just didn’t want to do it for the rest of my life . Management could improve,employee interactions could be friendlier. Good pay but no gaurentee on hours even though they said I would from the first interview. Too fast paced and stressful for me I appreciate the things I learned along the way
Benefits
Cons
Breaks were always at the end when you would have been more productive in the middle otherwise
At first I thought they were different,wouldve said more,not enough space
Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2018
They cut hours due to "sales" & didn't divulge this info as norm in interview. Coworkers r great, Mgmt not respected. 2nd job needed to make ends meet
Pros
pay, benefits for fulltimers
Cons
hours, mgmt, everything else
Customer & co workers are nice
Associate (Current Employee) –  Edgewater Park, NJJuly 19, 2018
A lot of work which is ok, they don't provide you with what is needed to do your job; gloves and warm coats that fit when in the freezer. Items that are needed for cleaning the store and bathrooms. They were good about changing everyone schedule for school and emergencies if requested in advance.
Pros
Paid lunch time, Co worker are nice
Cons
You don't get any 15 min breaks, not allow to leave during lunch
Aldi Associate (Current Employee) –  Jenison, MIJuly 19, 2018
Great store, marred by ineffective higher management, largely subject to the specific store manager. Fast paced, difficult, but not boring in any manner, the benefits and good pay make up for some frustration with the higher ups.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Management, job pace
Good working environment for hard working people.
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 19, 2018
ALDI is a place that pays well for simple work. The work is engaging enough to keep you occupied for the 7-9 hours a day that you'll work on average. The people there are genuinely friendly and are there for the sake of helping you succeed as it is a teamwork environment.
Physical work environment,but enjoyable.
Selector Trainer (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 19, 2018
Warehouse gets hot in the summer, as there are no A/C units, just large warehouse fans. All in all, it is a good workout and enjoyable.I would recommend this to anybody needing job to get them decent pay and insurance benefits. Some of the best insurance I have ever had.
Muy bien
Reponedor (Former Employee) –  Tarragona, Tarragona provinciaJuly 18, 2018
Perfecto buen ambiente de trabajo,respetuosa limpio
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
Nada
Easy enough job. Difficult to progress.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Risca, CaerphillyJuly 18, 2018
Good job, lovely people to work with, met some friends who I still stay in contact with. However it became very apparent that there was absolutely 0 chance of any sort of career improvement unless you gave management a very *special* few minutes of your time (or if you work there for 10 years straight, only to be a store assistant manager.)
Pros
Lovely staff, easy work
Cons
Strange management. No discounts as Aldi think their food is cheap enough.
Great Job
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 18, 2018
Aldi's is great, but you work really hard. They pay pretty well for their cashiers and you move up pretty fast, but you need to be pretty flexible with them.
fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladesville NSWJuly 17, 2018
was good job I enjoyed working for them the hours were flexible and the pay was fantastic. great job experience to have and helped me build confidence and learn new skills for futer jobs

Want to know more about ALDI?

Ask a question
Fast paced work environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 17, 2018
Very fast paced work environment. Plan to work the majority of the shift individually. Low staff numbers in order to keep profits high. Must be very productive. Company offers very good benefits.
Good
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32822July 17, 2018
A good company but very physical job, you have to be ready to work hard. Sometimes you’ll get stressed when it’s very busy, but other than that, it’s easy once you get used to the routine.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Short braeks
Stressful
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 17, 2018
I was at Aldi for 6 months. It was super stressful, management kept changing, and my hours got cut out from 40 hours a week to 25 a week. Not very consistent with their scheduling. Management was super rude as well. I would reccomend working there if you're up for a challenge and benefits are very good.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
It's a good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 17, 2018
It's really fast paced good place to work management is willing to help as much as they can to get the work done and make a lot of fun out of doing your job
Productive and great workplace
Loader (Former Employee) –  South MarstonJuly 17, 2018
Typical day at work was fun but busy.
The management was fair to their employees. I learned a lot of new things for example: using electric pallet truck, loading lorries
very fast paced and need a lot of energy
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 16, 2018
I loved working for Aldi but when the owner passed on it started to get difficult. DM's straight out of collage and hungry to climb the ladder to better their name. Very robotic and almost seemed like they were to not talk to associates like they were people.Great Cigna Heathlink benefits. Only get paid when worked management hours. Usually 4+ more in a 8 hour shift if you're lucky. Met some great hard working people i now call family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no home life
Great people and good work environment
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 16, 2018
ALDI was something I didn’t expect to like as much as I did and it’s a great job for anyone with a clean background that likes good pay and people who care about you
Pros
Good pay, on the job training
Cons
Odd hours for different jobs
Statement of my opinion
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 16, 2018
I learn a lot of on how to gain leader ship.
Gain a lot of success from the company.
the managers do a great job of challenging people
The customers are very nice people
The employers work as a team.
Pros
Pay meals, mileages
Varied, Fast- Paced Role
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  CumbriaJuly 16, 2018
This is a very varied and fast-paced role which makes this the ideal supermarket job if you get bored doing the same thing everyday and need more autonomy.

The benefits and salary are very good and performance reviews have been improved. The company itself have invested in its employees and the effort made by them overall shows.

The thing that ruins this is the tyrant middle management, unrealistic targets and lack of compassion or care for employees and staff turnover or professional development.

The work life balance is usually poor as you work irregular shift patterns.
Pros
Salary, varied, fast -pased
Cons
irregular shift patterns, poor management, uncompassionate and lack of E.I.
fast pace food retailer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2018
I liked my job. the hours were long and fast paced. managers worked with your schedule. I left for personal reasons. its a great job for a single person, you give up a lot as a parent working for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K