ALDI Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,657 reviews
Aldi
Hôtesse de caisse polyvalente (Former Employee) –  St.-Maure-de-Touraine (37)December 10, 2018
Caisse
Mise en rayon
Contact clientèle
Cuisson des viennoiseries et du pain
Connaissance écran tactile
Très bonne entreprise
Pros
Salaires
Cons
Horaires
Productive and great place to work!
Divisional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, MDDecember 10, 2018
Aldi is a great place to work. A typical day includes stocking shelves, ringing as fast as possible (fun competition), and plenty of cleaning. This job keeps you on your toes but in the best kind of way. Typically management is pretty great to work with as long as you're pulling your end of the workload. The hardest thing to get used to with Aldi is how fast-paced the work environment is. The best part about the company is how supportive and team-orientated everyone is.
Pros
Great benefits
hated it
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, UKDecember 10, 2018
hated it. belittled for 2 years. management work as a part a clique and you were treated different if you weren't friends. average salary, not worth how i was treated.
If you enjoy being a slave....
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PADecember 9, 2018
Worked here for 4 years. Became a shift manager quickly.... Ran store managers vacation, was part of a special team responsible for doing all of the remodels... Impossible to be promoted to store manager. Very poor management. Work you like a dog. I literally had to run at work. Nothing is ever good enough or fast enough. They dont pay you as a manager all the time but expect you to do manager tasks all the time, and its a $4.50 an hour pay difference. You are totally expendable to this company. They will use you and abuse you. They do absolutely nothing for their employees. No rewards, no bonuses, no discount.... Nothing! Just dont waste your time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything. Very heavy lifting. Physical work that must be completed quickly.
backbreaking work for pay that is barely above min wage
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 8, 2018
Aldi pays a little higher than average retail jobs, but the work is literally backbreaking. If you ring as a cashier it can be worth it, but if you are throwing truck you are literally selling your back to the company.
Brilliant company to work for
Aldi Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blyth, NorthumberlandDecember 8, 2018
Unfortunately I had to leave my position due to personal circumstances. Absolutely loved my work and would return in a heartbeat. Fantastic job if you are a hard worker
Alright place to work
Freeze and thaw (Current Employee) –  Webberville, MIDecember 7, 2018
I’ve been here a week, and it’s vert high demand, never know when you can leave, sleep deprived,long drive,sometimes short or very very long hours. If you’re too tired like falling asleep while driving a tugger and afraid you might fall asleep while driving home they do not care one bit.
Pros
Driving a tugger, pay is alright
Cons
Bad benefits, snitch co-workers, scheduleing is goofy.
emploi tres bien
employe principal (Former Employee) –  St.-Seurin-sur-l'Isle (33)December 7, 2018
ce travail est tres plaisant l oraganisation est bien en ce qui me conserne tout me plaisai mais j ai quitter ce travail car le management n etait pas ca.
Pros
bien payer plus prime
Demanding
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  EnglandDecember 7, 2018
I started off at Aldi as a store assistant and was drawn to the wages. I made the mistake of accepting a promotion to deputy manager very early on with very little training. It was very much a case of learning by trial and error and launched into the deep end.

When I became I deptuy, I had only been with the company for 9 months which meant, as a deputy I was being paid a basic wage which was less than any store assistants who had been there for over 2 years. Running around with that responsibility for less money was soul destroying. Only time to begin with it was worth it were the occasions I was on a premium rate which is an extra £4 an hour (when you are completely in charge and no salaried managers are on).

The job itself is challenging but if you are organised and not scared to get stuck in then it’s half the battle. You have to be prepared to provide constant feedback to staff and prepare for a lot more coming your way. On some occasions it can feel like, as a deputy you are picking up the remains of a shift. I work with some very hard working store assistants who are a credit to the company. Once they all get stuck on a til thou during busy times, you can be left running around trying to get the stock out on your own and trying to have due regard for KPIs etc. It’s a balancing act sometimes but as I’ve said organisation is key.

The hours can be variable and laterally I’ve found myself doing all late shifts with the occasional night shift in there for good measure. This week alone I worked a shift from 4pm- 5am in the morning and then back in at 4pm that
  more... same day. I’ve read a few times that rotas are changed last minute and I would have to concur with this. In spite of this, our store manager could be very accommodating and approachable with any specific requests of flexiable working.

It’s not for the faint hearted. It will suit some people but not everyone. Even the ‘lazier’ staff wouldn’t be seen as lazy anywhere else, it’s constant but again might suit some people as the day flies in.
Pros
Good colleagues, paid breaks, no gym membership needed
Cons
Long hours, last minute changes to rotas, smaller teams
It's still the same
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 6, 2018
I have returned only to grocery shop and each time I enter the store(s) I remember why I made the gutsy decision to provide 2 weeks notice and vow never to work for this company again. It was almost 2 years of slave work. My fellow employees were the highlight of my work day. If you have a degree like I do stay away. If you only have a high school diploma stay in school. Corporate talked a big game and had too many rules and your hard work will never be enough. At first, you will feel like you are making a difference but after awhile you will have realized you bought into their doctrine, which is subjective and that was the word the district manager told me as to why there was a delay in promoting me. I'm sorry but if every one of your co-workers wonders why you haven't been promoted and even your store manager states there aren't any issues and secretly advises they don't see why you haven't been promoted and then when you get promoted and corporate "forgets" to increase your hourly pay per hour. No thanks, I was done playing their game.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Corporate management, workplace culture, favoritism, low pay
Aldi is fast paced job. Staff is family type atmosphere. I
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INDecember 6, 2018
I worked for Aldi for 25 years . It offered me job security. I grew with the company. I was offered other positions, but I was satisfied with being a store manager. The company provided me with a comfortable living. I was able to take multiple vacations. I had the opportunity to work with multiple district managers who went on to become directors. Four of the became vice presidents (regional managers). I feel that they learned a lot about the business from me and I learned from them. I was able to see multiple employees get promoted under my watch. I am extremely proud of the ones who were promoted to store manager. I led by example. I never asked my employees to do something that I couldn't do. I believed that in order to get respect that you have to give respect. I gave more than 100% during my tenure. It was a privilege to work for Aldi. At one time, my store was the number one store in my region (3 years)
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Longer than expected hours
Great stepping stone to better things
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  OffertonDecember 6, 2018
A typical working day would be very busy, with lots of things to be keeping yourself occupied with, whether that be putting deliveries out or being on the tills, it is a fast paced work enviroment.
work environment excellent
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  BrightonDecember 5, 2018
I've been working for Aldi for one year and was the best experience I've never had I truly recommend this company. We were like a family with all my colleagues. I learned how to work in a big team.
Run!
Manager in trainging/cashier (Former Employee) –  1440 n kostnerDecember 5, 2018
Unless you are going to a slow store with helpful staff and positivity, get the outta there! They will work you to the bone literally will have injuries, cramps, body aches, finger tingles and possibly something worst like arthritis or carpal tunnel due to the amount of savage work you have to do on a daily basis. Not to mention way understaffed, most of the time overworked and u rarely ever get out on time. Managers are unmotivational and just tell everybody else what to do and get the easy way out. Hated it there and wouldn’t dare to return ever!
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, overworked, under compensated, unmotivational environment, negative atmosphere
Quick Paced & stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHDecember 5, 2018
Aldi is an excellent place to work if your young and agile, Not such a great place to work if you have some orthopedic issues. The company demands a lot.
slecht
Vervangend Filiaalleider (Former Employee) –  culemborg bvDecember 5, 2018
je verdient dan wel goed en je hebt over het algemeen hele leuke collega's maar je prive leven word kapot gemaakt en als je een keer nee zegt heb je de poppen aan het dansen
Pros
salaris
Cons
lange werkdagen, geen erkenning, slechte behandelng van personeel
Good place to work.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INDecember 4, 2018
It is a great place to work. Would love to return if one was around where I lived. Wonderful atmosphere. Management was attentive to the employees. Always listened to our suggestions.
Okay if you like every weekend in work
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Helens, UKDecember 4, 2018
you have to work almost every weekend.
extremely physically demanding
good team of people
poor managment stratergies
no willingness to do well
no incentives
Pros
paid breaks
Great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILDecember 3, 2018
The benefits and pay were great while working at Aldi. Unfortunately, I decided to leave the company due to management. The manager did a great job, but would sometimes belittle the employees in front of customers.
Environnement de travail
Collaborateur (Former Employee) –  Venelles (13)December 3, 2018
Mon CDD à ALDI à été une très bonne expérience, travail d'équipe agréable!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K