ALDI Employee Reviews

Fast paced and a lot of physical labor.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 18, 2018
It is very demanding and fast paced. You must be able to multitask and know how to manage time well. Although it is a very fun place to work if the team works well together.
Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance is tough
Good Job-Just relocated
Ramp Agent Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 18, 2018
Good job-just relocated to move to a new house and got a new girlfriend. Finding a job that is more realistic to commute to on a daily basis. Thank you
Worst culture you can find in a workplace
Selector (Current Employee) –  Webberville, MIJanuary 17, 2018
The job itself is great, if that's all you had to worry about. Supervisors are untrustworthy and deceitful. The dry side supervisor is known to hide in the women's locker room with her feet up in a bathroom stall to spy and eavesdrop on selectors. She is manipulative and a serious micromanager. When she talks to you individually or addresses a group it is clear she is talking down to you. The pay and benefits are good but is it worth it to sacrifice being treated with respect?
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Job Requirement
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Great pay but work load can be stressful. Everything is based on time no matter what you have to do. I'm good with time management so it didn't bother me. As long as the store in performing in sales your job is less stressful as well.
Career Advancement
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2018
If you want a mgmt position do not accept anything below that. It will take you years to move up. They will try to bring you in as an asscociate. I have been through two managers in my 2 years who do nothing. They sit in the office all day if and when they are in the store. The only time mgr helps if if District Manager or Director is in store or expecting a visit from Director.
A Pretty Good Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILJanuary 17, 2018
The cashier position is now called a store associate since the cashiers also throw the grocery, cooler and freezer loads. There is really no down time at Aldi's. The position is constant motion with a sense of urgency in everything you do, it's not just sitting and scanning items all day. It's a very physically demanding job but I enjoy being busy at work, and I enjoy the customer contact.
Pros
Something different everyday and the customer contact.
Cons
Very physically demanding and not getting a break sometimes until the end of your shift.
productive
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Silvis, ILJanuary 16, 2018
fast pace always a job to keep busy. team work when you have down time you may be asked to help your fellow employees out to manage time, cashier insists of scanning merchandise and counting drawer at the end of shift/ cash drops. and stocking merchandise at the end of the night. placing items back in their rightful spot.
Productiveand fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Theygive great benefits and good pay and are great to their employees. They are always busy andthe other employees arevery nice, its like being part of a little family
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
No smoke breaks
Great pay and benefits but poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2018
I loved my job. The pay was great and the benefits were even better. The management was terrible, you worked so much you couldn't have a life. I worked there for almost 10 years and had the management been better, I probably would've worked there indefinitely.
Hard work, Fast paced, Good Pay
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  WAJanuary 16, 2018
as per the pros and cons. Don't apply if you don't like hard work. you can get a shift from anywhere between 6am - 10pm (but sometimes not getting out until 11 or 11.30pm.
You have to count back change... the registers don't tell you how much change to give back.
you are expected to run a mixed pallet in a ridiculous time.
you need to be fit and healthy to do this job... heavy lifting will be involved at some point.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
you're just a number, high pressure/stress, long hours with minimal staff
Not the best place I’ve ever worked
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJanuary 16, 2018
Managers were very patronising, condescending if you like. I worked here for a year during which I was very stressed mangers couldn’t seem to provide me a task for their made up job and hours I were offered were low. In comparisson to every other staff member.

The managers tended to shout out instructions across the shop floor to members of staff, they often said not to speak to customers just point them in the right direction and continue working.

On more than 5 occasions I had customers complain to me about the managers being rude and one even told a customers child to “shut up “

However the pay was good and my colleagues were supportive.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Managers are not understanding or professional
Working at Aldi
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Very physical work. No sufficient break time: you can work 9 or 10 hours and still get one 30 minute break. Customers are even more rude than at your average retail store.
Good Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 15, 2018
Great company with great benefits! Started as a part-time employee, and now since I have more time I am now full-time. Trying to advance in the ladder here and work towards being a manager of a store or district.
independent fast moving
Whos-picker (Current Employee) –  Tully, NYJanuary 15, 2018
It is a independent job however you need to lift a lot and move very fast in order to make your monthly rate. After three right-ups of not making rate you are fired.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
30 min break, making rate stress to body
Fast pace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Fast pace, productivity driven environment. Decently paid for the work done. When management is able to stay long enough to adjust to the areas needs it is a smooth place to work.
Fast paced work place
Full Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Typical day at Aldi would usually start off at 6am, work on inventory for from 6am to 9am. I learned working at Aldi that you have to be fast on your feet.
Fast Paced, Hard Work, Fun
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  West MidlandsJanuary 15, 2018
Considerate and kind management, consistent hours with flexibility to change shifts as necessary with reasonable warning. Clear instruction and expectations with a very open chain of command.
Pros
Management flexible with shift changes, realistic targets
Cons
Very late and early shifts
Perfect if you love stress!
Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 15, 2018
Everything is timed. How fast you ring up customers, how quickly a customer pays (as if you can control that), to how fast you stock a shelf or work the freezer. Sitting while you cashier is not a bonus. They figured out it's a quicker way to ring up customers so you can get back to your real job of stocking the shelves. The freezer is a mere 25 BELOW Zero & they expect you to maintain it - bring your own snow suit because they supply no gear for such conditions. It's a work environment that is quick to tell you "you could of done better"... If ever a company needed a union, it's this company! And I don't even care for unions!
Pros
health insurance
Cons
read below
Salaire point fort chez Aldi
Manager de magasin (Current Employee) –  Seine-MaritimeJanuary 15, 2018
Bonne école pour apprendre rigueur , organisation et persévérance.
Entreprise qui évolue dans le bon sens mais qui manque de notoriété.
Pros
Salaire, polyvalence dans l’emploi
Cons
Équilibre vie pro/vie privée, esprit d’entreprise mais en amélioration, la formation
Good Firm
Store Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heaton Chapel, Greater ManchesterJanuary 15, 2018
Good well run business. With the perfect chance of progressing within the company. This job is not for the faint hearted. High pressured job at times but perfect for those who hate clock watching.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.