ALDI Employee Reviews

Au secours
ELS (Former Employee) –  Talange (57)October 21, 2018
Une catastrophe...
En tant que ELS, j'ai du endossé le rôle de responsable de magasin du jour au lendemain, car plus de responsable, plus d'adjointe, plus de caissière principale. Nous étions 2 employés dans le magasin. Comment réussir à faire tourner la boutique dans ces conditions...
Pros
13 ème mois
Cons
direction à la ramasse, aucune reconnaissance envers les employés orale ou financière pour tout les efforts fournis, aucune organisation
Productive and Positive Work Environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Elm, TXOctober 20, 2018
I highly enjoyed the work atmosphere. It wasn't always easy dealing with upset customers. But, the managers train you very well on how to handle all types of situations.
Pros
Great Benefits!!
Cons
Short Breaks
Good Place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILOctober 20, 2018
I was a part time associate. I loved my job but in December 2017 they cut benefits for employees and I didn't agree with that but over all it is a good company to work for. Career advancement was slow but always a possibility
Fun job!
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 20, 2018
Working here will teach you structure and confidence in what you are working on. There company values are the key for there success. Team work is mandatory.
Great place to work/learn life skills
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonOctober 20, 2018
I did not want to go to college or sixth form and decided to go for a a job as a apprentice here. You now earn £6 a hour which is a lot considering other apprenticeships average £3 (you can do up to 40 hours a week so could be earning almost £1000, I earn average £780 which is great considering my mates don't even get money from going to college etc . I don't know about other stores but at my one my managers are great, especially the store manager who is really kind and puts me on shifts that are more manageable, I have done early starts and the latest I am allowed to do-10pm, so have had experience from those which is good but I prefer my daytime shifts and finishing in the evening. I do 4 days of 30 hours which is better because I get a extra day off. Its great that we in Aldi have a rota because we get days off during the week when most are at work etc. The staff at my store are great to work with (of course there is always one or two that you find rude sometimes) but its good to be polite with them and get on with your work. I have not had any till training yet but will do soon but I prefer the shop floor work. All apprentices get 30 minute break and remember if your manager tells you to go faster (luckily my one understands) tell them your a apprentice and you will not go faster because you are not a machine. As long as your trying your best then its fine to go at the speed you can. This place is great to start your career with whatever plans you have because you are learning skills that you can use with everyday life such as communicating with different types of people  more... and adapting your approach which you would not really know in college/sixthform. Of course there are off days and days you think why am I here but you overcome those and will really enjoy the experience Typical day for me is to card the store (tidy it up/remove cardboard etc-trust me there is so much all the time), stocking the bread, on the chiller, and ambient. I think sometimes some of the staff forget I am a apprentice and expect me to do all these tasks when I need to do my course work as well, luckily I always do it (remember you are entitled each day of working to 45 minutes of work away from the shop floor) and remind your manager of this if they want you to carry on working, luckily my managers are understanding of this. You also get 4 weeks paid holiday. Hoping to become a assistant store manager one day.
My interview was 1-1, I think they no longer do group interviews.
One bit of feedback for Aldi, if you want more apprentices then you need to start a fresh major recruitment drive because many people do not know that you offer apprenticeships so advertising them better is a must.
Pros
Great team at my store. Good pay. Good amount of paid holiday.
Cons
N/a
Good job
Cashier/ stock (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2018
It's a great a company to work for.great benefits , great pay and awesome prices for you to shop. The only thing I STRONGLY recommend is some in store music.
Poca empatia
Adjunto a Gerencia (Former Employee) –  Madrid provinciaOctober 19, 2018
Poco respeto al trabajador, impidiendo constantemente mediante el cambio de horarios la relacion laboral con la personal.

Al igual que el incumplimiento de horarios de forma continuada por parte de la empresa , con horas extras no pagadas.
Hard work
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Drogheda, County LouthOctober 19, 2018
Only for the fittest not for all.. as it is heavy and pressure working in Aldi. It is multi tasking and nonstop work.. example: You even sweat in the winter working in Aldi.. Free workout if you like that way..
People are good.. Management good. Not for long run only if you looking for a standby.
Pros
Nothing's free..
Cons
Heavy work...
Horrible management.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILOctober 18, 2018
The job is not hard but the standards you will be held to are near impossible. Very strict structure while on the clock. The environment that the employees create is one that is toxic and not welcoming.
Pros
OK pay and decent benefits.
Cons
LONG work days (12+ at times), unattainable goals, short breaks, no personal time.
Poor managemnt
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West YorkshireOctober 18, 2018
Management turned funny against me from the day I made them aware I was pregnant they made me feel very small and was not compassionate regarding the fact I was having a tough time with my son and been a single parent I had worked with them for 6 years and it had a bad effect on my mental health to which even my doctor advise I left the job , they even had my job title down as a stock assistant for 3 years and paid me stock assistant rate which was lower than store assistant yet they have never rectified the problem or paid what I was owed from the 3 years
Pros
Pay rate
Fast paced, hard work
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 17, 2018
Not the worst place to work, just very physically taxing, and it can be hard to move up to management. Sometimes you work untili 10pm and have to be back at 5 or 6am.
Pros
Pay is fair, good co-workers, great benefits.
Cons
back breaking work, tough scheduling.
Bon pour debuter
Employé principal (Former Employee) –  Xertigny (88)October 17, 2018
Bon environnement pour se faire les bases du commerce et débuter dans la vie active
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Charge de travail
aldi
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, GloucestershireOctober 17, 2018
I am currently working nights. I stock the shelves and maintain a clean warehouse at all times. I achieve all targets set by the company at all times. fast and efficient
mooi bedrijf
filiaalleider (Former Employee) –  zuid nederlandOctober 17, 2018
mooi bedrijf helaas destijds door prive omstandigheden afscheid moeten nemen zou zo weer terug willen
Pros
duidelijke lijn goed beloning
Cons
geen
Nice pay and benefits but overall not worth it
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerdale, NJOctober 16, 2018
I was a manager for Aldi Inc. for almost 10 years and though wages and benefits are competitive, the overall work environment was not great. The attitude and management styles of the Distric Managers are very 'na-zi'-esc , and I wouldn't say that lightly. Very underhanded and manipulative is how they are trained to be to try and maximize work while minimize workers. They want the most they can get out of you even if the most hurts or kills your spirit. Would never work for this company again and most of my co-workers had the same opinion.
Pros
Wages, Benefits
Cons
You will be over work, and probably end up injured.
Decent workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 16, 2018
I would say Aldi was good to work for, flexible hours were a good part about working there. I just would have liked to have been offered an promotional opportunity.
Je moet het willen
Verkoopmedewerker (Current Employee) –  AmsterdamOctober 16, 2018
ALDI is een bedrijf waar je goed leert over wat hard werken inhoudt.
Je wordt in het diepe gegooid en dat is iets waar je mee om moet kunnen gaan. Het is normaal om niet alleen hard, maar ook over te werken, want gedurende de dag komt het werk niet altijd even gemakkelijk af omdat je met weinig personeel staat.

Het enige voordeel van minder personeel (naast een evt iets hechter team), is wel dat je een mooi salaris krijgt. Alhoewel het huidig salaris naar mijn mening eigenlijk nog steeds niet voldoende is, want het werk wat ertegenover staat doet nagenoeg elke euro die je hebt verdiend teniet.

Een groot gedeelte van het werk wat je moet doen kan fysiek zwaar belastend zijn, vooral na langere tijd. Dit is echt iets om goed bij stil te staan, want de vracht is er elke dag.

Mits je in jouw betreffende filiaal leuke collega's hebt, maakt dit het werk wel fijner. Het team is dan namelijk hecht en helpt elkaar graag.
Dit kan ook verlichtend werken op de vloer.

Er zijn wel wat doorgroeimogelijkheden en dit KAN vrij snel gaan, maar dat hangt af van het management en jou; hoe hard je werkt, hoeveel je bereid bent om in de zaak te steken en of het je desbetreffende leidinggevende ook niet voorbijgaat.

ALDI is niet bepaald modern als het aankomt op processen; heel veel dingen worden nog steeds op losse blaadjes geschreven en het kassa/computersysteem dateert uit net na de Middeleeuwen.

Het ligt voornamelijk aan het management en de overige collega's die in jouw specifieke winkel werken of je het leuk of niet leuk gaat hebben. Hard werken doe je sowieso, maar
  more... als je een paar extra handen hebt die uit de mouwen worden gestoken kan dit wel enigszins verlichtend zijn.

Hoop dat dit helpt.
Pros
Goed salaris
Cons
Hoge werkdruk, fysiek zwaar, weinig personeel
na
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 16, 2018
A typical day of work was hectic especially when we were short staff and we were busy. I learned to work fast, multitask and how to mangage staff. I would say the hardest part is stocking.
poor company
Aldi Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  ManchesterOctober 16, 2018
Poor management and job advancement. a lot of stress for poor money (for what you have to do) no difference in the roles only the massive pay gap. my advise if you want to move forward in your career look else were becuse no matter how good you are chances of promotion is zero.
Fast-Paced Workplace
WAREHOUSE SELECTOR (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, OHOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work is clocking in and finding out what order you have to work on and what needs to be selected to go out to the store. The job teaches you time management skills and how to work independently without being micromanaged. The management is understanding and willing to help out whenever there is a problem. The hardest part of the job is that it can be very physically demanding, while the most enjoyable part is that you are able to work independently and focus solely on the tasks that are assigned to you.
Pros
Paid lunches, breaks every 2 hours
Cons
Short breaks, little interaction with others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51K