ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 4,969 reviews matching the search See all 4,972 reviews
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 19, 2019
Must keep up with required rate for your length of employment, must work in hot or cold temperatures, and you earn your sick days based on hours worked.
Pros
Free food, paid vacation, paid sick time
Cons
Never know what time you’ll be off, no career advancement
Face-pace environment with room for promotion
Sales Associate/Sales Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19124February 19, 2019
When I was first hired at Aldi, it seemed like a descent and thriving company to work for. The pay rate was fairly descent for what it was. If you have good work ethic and a positive attitude, working here won't feel as terrible as someone lacking these attributes. The benefits, I must say, are very good and its a plus that they start your benefits when you work a minimum of 25 hours/week. I actually liked my boss and team (which is why I was there for 4 years - would have stayed longer), however, a new DM (District Manager) was hired and in a year the morale and the positive environment I once loved, was quickly altered. As a result, I decided to move on as it got to be quite complicated working in an environment where upper management made things more difficult than need be. I would not discourage anyone from applying, however, just know you will be worked very hard. Also, if you ever wonder why Sales Associates don't "jump" for promotion to Shift Manager at times, its probably due to the fact of how that promotion is handled. If you decide to become a Shift Manager, you only get the rate of pay as a Shift Manager IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO BE A SHIFT MANAGER FOR THOSE HOURS. Otherwise your rate of pay returns to that of a Sales Associate. I personally felt it wasn't necessarily worth the extra stress so I remained a Sales Associate for my time being there. Overall, I've learned a lot from working at this company - some of which was very beneficial and will be carried on into future careers.
Pros
Very good benefits package, 401k, paid vacation, sick time, life insurance, ability to work overtime, reimbursed sick time not used, able to be promoted fairly quickly within the company
Cons
Very face-paced environment, stressful at times, little or no praise for doing well or meeting goals, sometimes a bit too demanding, personal life-to-work ratio was unbalanced
productive work area always busy. never a dull moment. i was always excited to turn up to work.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLDFebruary 19, 2019
great team to work with
always happy to see each other and always lend a hand if needed or asked.
welcome customers everyday by saying hi and good morning
Pros
great pay, friendly
Cons
strict procedures.
Good benefits and pay, bad work life balance.
Assistant Manager and Training Captain (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 19, 2019
I loved working for Aldi as an associate and a lot of my time as management. The pay was great as were the benefits, but work life balance was nonexistent, which is why I left.
Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 19, 2019
If you have no life then this job is for you....you end up doin the store manager job plus yours on top of that they time you on everything you do I work there 3 years and they don’t appreciate a good worker....the store managers are lazy but still get a bonus when the store associates and shift manager are doin all the work....I wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Organised and Productive Workplace
Deputy Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West YorkshireFebruary 19, 2019
Fast paced and hard working environment whilst maintaining a "family" within the work place due to small teams. Well paid. "Glass celing" element within the company that Store Manager was the highest position you could achieve internally without having completed their graduate scheme.
Fantastica azienda
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alto adigeFebruary 18, 2019
La mia recenzione è positiva in quanto tutt'ora mi trovo molto bene, con i colleghi si instaura un buon rapporto nonostante le differenze di ruolo e lo stipendio è molto buono,è un azienda seria e ne vado fiera ,rispetta il dipendente non solo come lavoratore ma come persona prima di tutto ,personalmente mi da tante soddisfazioni,possibilità di crescita reali.
È un ‘azienda in crescita,nuova in Italia ,quindi è lecito che ci possano essere delle lacune a livello logistico organizzativo ma questo ci aiuta a trovare la giusta linea stiamo tutti imparando e stiamo crescendo assieme .
La consiglio a chi ama lavorare in teem e ha voglia di imparare e ama le sfide ,alzarsi la mattina ed essere desiderosa di andare in filiale per farne parte e dare il propio contributo è la migliore vincinta per un buon lavoratore.
Pros
Rispetto per il prossimo, salari, crescita personale e lavorativa
Cons
Piccoli problemi logistici
good pay but unsociable hours
DEPUTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carterton, OxfordshireFebruary 18, 2019
good pay but unsociable hours including 5am starts constantly working over 50 hours per week. Friendly team but managedrs were often overworked and stressed.
Rubbish Management.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leominster, HerefordshireFebruary 18, 2019
Very poor. The interview for the store was more than an hour drive from me, i was there for 10 minutes and answered all their question providing 5 years of retail experience and they got back saying no roles were available whilst the role i applied for is still being advertised.
Overall Experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2019
I would not recommend working for Aldi unless you really need the money and enjoy back breaking work. Very fast paced and always under staffed. It's hit or miss with management; some are very friendly and others are very rude. This job definitely won't make you feel fulfilled or rewarded.

But if you need the money, the pay is decent and the hours are always there.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Stafffing and expectations
Nice place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West MidlandsFebruary 18, 2019
Aldi is a good place to work with an extensive training programme in place to help ease you into the roll. They are flexible hours and the staff are really friendly. The company on a whole is a good company to work for.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Workload
Productive and fun place
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKFebruary 17, 2019
When I first started that job, it was a little hard because of all we had to do. Wasn’t bad after doing it for awhile, I was able to get stronger and be a better employee. The only thing I hated about my job was that I couldn’t get a set schedule for my two daughters. I couldn’t work the 5am shifts, then turn around and work closing shifts. My daughters needed a better schedule for school and daycare at the time. If they would work with employees as being parents then I still would be there
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Schedules
Workplace Culture
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILFebruary 17, 2019
Very old schooled way of working. Hard to get used if you are not used to the old paper and pen method. Very little to no room for growth. No credibility is given.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Politics
Fun
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  YorkFebruary 17, 2019
Lovely people fun atmosphere awesome place to work new challenges daily. Love netting new people and completing new challenges lots of great memories working here
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Friendly
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  RedruthFebruary 17, 2019
Aldi has got worse over the last few years, shortening shifts, and increasing productivity targets, making it harder to get work done.
Less hours but management expect the same amount of work to be done in a smaller length of time.

Management do not care for store assistants, only caring for covering their own back. Unless a second store assistant is present, management lie to cover their backs. Do not recommend working here.

Unreasonable times to empty pallets, or complete tasks, sometimes impossible targets set by managers who do not know the store.

Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
Hardest part of the job is knowing we have another day of abuse and rubbish to endure from both staff and managers.
Heavy physically demanding job with unrealistic expectations
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSWFebruary 17, 2019
They pay you more as they don't pay for another 5 employees. So you have to do five times more to earn little extra. If you have no other option then take it or find something else.
Pros
Little high salary
Cons
Nothing else
Fun workplace
llop driver (Former Employee) –  ChelmsfordFebruary 16, 2019
The people there are very friendly.......................... ...........to be honest if I had another section leader maybe we have changed something.
Pros
Tea breakes
Cons
Stupid section leader.
Great place to work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 16, 2019
If you like a job that keeps you busy Aldi is the place for you! You start as a cashier and can move up quickly if you want. They require you to keep a high ring speed (close to 1000 items per hour). If you have a flexible schedule you’ll be placed at the top of their list of people to hire. You can be scheduled anytime between 6a.m. to 10p.m. (Sometimes later as well).
Pros
Great benefits, open hours, and great staff
Cons
Work/life can be hard at times but other than that no complaints.
It sucked
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 15, 2019
Hurt my back there, they demand a lot, in time and labor. Decent wages if you can actually make it more than six months. irregular schedules. can occasionally get stuff half off, but not likely
Pros
med benefits
Cons
heavy lifting, repetitive motion strain
Good learning curve fast paced and hard work
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton AycliffeFebruary 15, 2019
Like a family orientated company between other store assistants when no managers are involved. Hard work fast paced environment but fun place to work and build confidence and experience in different job roles
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No life balance unless you use holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K