ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 5,342 reviews matching the search See all 5,351 reviews
Nice paid vacation
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 18, 2019
Working there you got to know your customers and you look forward to them coming back.

You really get to know the team it's a small team but you really get to know them and work together.
Pros
You get a very nice paid vacation within the first year working there
Cons
Small team, have to work weekends
Great Team and Good Pay
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 18, 2019
The pay is great but most people have this false perception that all we do is sit down and ring customers all day. The pay is great because of the work we do to ensure that our customers have the lowest prices for their family household needs that meets every financial situation.
Pros
Great Pay, great benefits
Cons
Leadership
Lack of progression
Personnel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater ManchesterMay 18, 2019
Aldi is a good place to work and to learn new skills, there is not much in the way of career progression.
Colleagues are friendly and get on well.
b.
The costumers are the best thing about working at Alid's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Antioch, ILMay 18, 2019
I was a co-worker at aldis for 2 1/2 years. The reason I stayed working for them as long as I did was because my costumers. I built a very stronger relationship with almost every single regular that shopped there. They made my day everyday. I dot want to down Aldis, my previous employment so all I will say was they were very disrespectful towards me, from the very first day. All from upper management not co-workers. I also did gain a lot of experience and tactics within working there, that I could use at any type of job. Thank you for taking time to read my review.
Pros
Paid lunch, benifits, rasies, learn techniques, gaining great relationships with costumers
Cons
Not the bsst health care, upper management isnt the greatest, low staff
Hard work. Stressful. Pays well
Deputy manager (Current Employee) –  BuckinghamMay 18, 2019
This job is definitely for a certain type of person. There is no work life balance so expect to work 12 hour shifts as expectation. The pay is good but for the effect on your mental health it’s just not worth it.
Cons
Long hours. No work life balance. Depressing.
No contract
Order picker (Current Employee) –  Naas, County KildareMay 17, 2019
Will not give a contract to anyone no matter how hard they work.. They play you along to think your going to get one. Woukd not tell any one to go work there stay away from the kip
Pros
Cons
No contract
Good
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIMay 17, 2019
Working at Aldi proved to be a fun competitive scene where I was able to learn much. I would recommend anyone who cares about the quality of their work to work at Aldi.
A good company but it’s management is horrible
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romford, Greater LondonMay 17, 2019
A company where your voice is never listen and where management is looking only for theirs own good and employees are harassed and they are threatened always that they gonna get fired
Pros
Amazing store assistants
Cons
Long shifts
Great Job To Have
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYMay 17, 2019
Fast paced, fun, team work environment. Supplied affordable health insurance to all full time employees. Paid vacation. A lot of hard work. Great holiday wage.
Typical Retail
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDMay 16, 2019
Due to the traffic flow the amount of work that is required does not match the amount of staff. Your too tired to enjoy your days off. Partnering with the DM's are a waste of time. Store issues and following the chain of command doesn't work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not enough hours, workload heavy, poor management
Good
Treasury and Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 16, 2019
Aldi is a good place to work if you have more than 5 years of experience from another company not for less than 5 years.
No bonuses but salary increase is fair
Growing company
The store is great
Nice environment,fast paced, and organized
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 16, 2019
Aldi was a good place they paid me ok and I always got compliments on my work ethic but overall other workers were friendly and helpful but management was a little to harsh and unprofessional with their work ethics
Decent for what they offer
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 16, 2019
Hard work, you will be worked to the bone for that high pay.
Work life balance is a challenge for managers.

The company pushes more product to stores then the personnel can handle, there is no operational freedom for store operators. You are a glorified team member, no more. No less.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Hours, workload
Productive,efficient,high quality products,provides autonomous working environment,great support and encouragement from senior management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSWMay 16, 2019
Great company to work for,provides safe workplace for employees and customers,flexibility and reasonable work life balance,focus has shifted from inadequate store product quality and store cleanliness standards, to award winning quality of products.
Pros
Culture, salary, support, efficient
Cons
Long hours 55+ a week poor career advancement
Its only as good as you make it, otherwise its just another job.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLDMay 16, 2019
A typical day, someone calls in sick not good for the team, Learn anything today - No, Management - well that another story (Sucks) Work culture is diverse, but watch your back, Hardest part of the job - is the job, you do everything as well as put up with rude customers, not all. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home, nothing else is good about it.
Pros
Some loyal staff not alot though
Cons
Managers attending your doctors appointments, makes you feel like your not trustworthy.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 16, 2019
Great company to work for definitely would suggest anybody to work for them gained a lot of experience and work ethics from Aldi definitely a great place to shop
Correcte
Employée polyvalente (Former Employee) –  Pas-de-CalaisMay 15, 2019
Aldi est une entreprise assez correcte, juste que je travaillée depuis 1an et demi pour eux et du jour au lendemain on ma plus appeler alors que chaque semaine jetait appeler.
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Plus contacter sans aucune raison dite.
They need to treat their employees with more respect and care.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOMay 15, 2019
The amount of work they pressure one person to do (managers) is astronomical, yet they reduce the pay and make up a position so they can pay someone less money for doing the same job. (Lead Sales Associate VS Assistant Manager) bases on my experience as an LSA, there needs to be better compensation for the LSA.
It’s a lot of physical labor that will have lasting negative affects.
Pros
The pay is decent.
Cons
Labor intensive, long hours, work/life balance is terrible.
Hard work, understaffed, tough on the body
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIMay 15, 2019
The pay at first seems above average until you factor in the fact that you're doing two or more people's jobs, then you realize you are under paid and they cap your pay within two years. Your body will wear out from the constant labor and lifting. Carpal tunnel and tendonitis are common work related injuries there. Currently suffering from tendonitis for over 6 months. The employee turn around is also very high due to work loads, so expect to be short handed and required to do more than your average heavy work load. I've worked here for almost 1 year and my drs for tendonitis are telling me it won't heal until I find a new job. Looking elsewhere now, I would suggest you do the same. Not worth the stress, the pay isn't worth it either.. keep looking.
Pros
Better than average pay
Cons
Doing two people's jobs for half their pay.
Gezellig team
Kassamedewerker (Current Employee) –  KaatsheuvelMay 15, 2019
Het is duidelijk wat er van je verwacht word, en er zit variatie in wat je moet doen op een dag, zeker op mijn leeftijd een ideale bijbaan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K