AIA Group Limited Employee Reviews

Financial Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  TampinesNovember 6, 2019
Flexible Work
Career Advancement
Opportunities to travel overseas

I have learned a lot of things in regards to Finance, how to manage my own wealth accumulation, etc.
overall it's pleasant.. and agent focus not staff.
Agency Training Mamager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 17, 2019
Good for start ups and learning. Training- agents focus. Poor corporate staff development. Training for staff too generic. HR lacking in customisation for staff training and interaction.
Great place to work if you have a large warm market
Financial Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  AlexandraOctober 13, 2019
My work day is flexible so requires a lot of self-discipline. Very little guidance and help but must meet target which is difficult unless you have a large warm market or leads. Everyone is for himself or herself as it is their own market so unable to share with one another or they will have less sales and not be able to meet targets. Most enjoyable part of the job is you will be very free if you have few clients to meet but for those with lots of clients, they have great friendships through the years.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Need to constantly find own leads
Fun Workplace
Application Development Team Lead (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 1, 2019
AIA is a company that offers career growth and technical opportunities to learn what's in the market today, which will help to ease day-to-day work. It has a good mentoring program that helps productivity and growth of employees.
Telemarketer
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  TampinesAugust 19, 2019
- Nothing but cold calling
- Face the wall
- No communication
- Short hours
- Come as & when you like
- None stop calling
- No entertainment like the agents outside
Ok
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  TampinesAugust 16, 2019
I am enjoying to my current work. I learned to use many different system. The hardest part is Boss give a super high level task without guide, whereby I need to find answer on my own.
I am enjoying to work in project.
productive workplace
Financial Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 15, 2019
Employees can really experience work life balance as they have their own timings. Salary wise is nice as insurance is such a number game. the more you produced the more money you will earn. but as to pressure, all industry that has sales & marketing there will be a pressure.
Pros
free time
Cons
pressure in target sales
Must hit sales targets
Wealth Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  AlexandraJuly 14, 2019
Trainers are nice and staffs there.

Work culture depends on individual teams managers and other personal facts.

Service is tough to maintain and longer time to build clients relationship.
Pros
Many trainings or courses to learn
Cons
Long work hours
AIA Singapore is the best work place.
Senior Technical Consultant - Operations (Former Employee) –  SGJune 26, 2019
The commitment that led to AIA brand promise of enabling Healthier, Longer, Better Lives is interpreted in work culture. Technology team is the best when compared to AIA's contributor.
Great Support
Financial Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 8, 2019
I was on the foreigner scheme, alas, in an industry like this where sales conversion is not very rapid, its a major disadvantage. However if you already have a good network base, go for it. It is very rewarding and you will be basically your own boss.
Exciting and Fast paced Work Industry
Financial Service Consultant (Financial Advisor) (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 18, 2019
AIA provides some of the best support its employee needs. Good training, support from both mentors and management team, and good post-work activities and benefits.
culture
Intern, Financial Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 18, 2019
high comms structure, some directors give additional benefits and incentives. office in amazing condition. a lot of promotions and sales initiatives from the office
Can be lonely
Wealth Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 9, 2019
A good place, people are helpful and listen to suggestion. Culture is great. Everything you can ask for when you join a company.

The only thing is that the job are very individual. So you might feel lonely.
A great place to work
Manager, Application Delivery (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 3, 2019
AIA is the largest life insurance company in Asia. It's been a great privilege for me to work with AIA for 14+ years. Its a great organization to work with good management team and very good working culture. You will really enjoy this organization
Really takes care of Employees
Claims Executive - Corporate Solutions (Former Employee) –  TampinesJanuary 2, 2019
They have a lot of good benefits for their employees and they are really well equiped with the training for new comers. They also take care of their employees. Overall a good work place for people who are looking into insurance line.
Pros
Health Benefits, Leaves
Cons
Long hours, OT not payable
Mundane and Strict
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  TampinesNovember 26, 2018
Daily mundane job that requires low to no skills. Employees there are strict and mistreats 'temporary' full timers. Other than that, it was interesting to learn of certain job scopes and what it entails.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  TampinesNovember 26, 2018
• Analyse the impact and effectiveness of new system enhancement
• Liaise with users from other departments to conduct requirement gathering for new enhancement
• Conduct training for users on new enhancement
A workplace where i get alot of knowledge.
Secretary to District Director (Current Employee) –  AlexandraAugust 13, 2018
I joined a company which surrounded by great colleagues and bosses. A workplace of peace, where there isn't any racist people nor political. I am contented and happy with my current job but sadly i want to progress and decided to move forward. Even-tho its heavy, future comes first and I am seeking to climb up the ladder where it can progress me into better positions and opportunities.
Very sales oriented
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  TampinesAugust 4, 2018
A person has to be very discipline in the industry. You will be spending most of your time trying to look for leads/prospect. Time management is a very important part of the work. You will have to plan your schedule well and keep to your schedule. Most of the time you are very much on your own in this job although there are people who will help to guide and motivate you. The entire industry is driven by how much sales you can close and you have to be driven by the sales result. The hardest part of the job is to handle rejections and keeping self motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job is that your work time can be flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Financially unstable
Productive and Fun Enviroment
Admin Executive (Former Employee) –  AlexandraJuly 3, 2018
I've been able to learn a lot of new things in the company. My boss is very understanding and nice when it comes to my family issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is where you get to laugh at jokes together and we do things as a TEAM.