Aflac Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Commission only sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2017
Not good for an older person who needs income. It is a commission only position with no benefits. You for the most part have to find your own customers.

Good job for a young person just starting out who had a lost of family and friends to sell to.
Pros
Cons
Commission only
Aflac
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2017
A typical day at work entailed several forms of communication with clients, fellow agents, and those in leadership positions. Visits to client's homes and work places were an every day occurrence. Benefits counseling and claims filing. It was a fast paced occupation that required networking and a knack to understand people in order to effectively meet their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely calling a policyholder to inform them of their claim being accepted and paid!
Pros
Flexibility; I worked on my own time
Cons
No job security
fun and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 24, 2017
fast paced and fun place to work. I was able to use all of my skills and increase accuracy and efficiency in my work. I loved my co workers and managment
Very personable and caring individuals
aflac sales associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Just an awesome place to work with/for they allow you to work on your own and if you need help they are there for you as well, they understand if life happens and don't judge you for it.
Love aflac in Reno NV
it is strictly commission based so it wasnt for me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 18, 2017
it was commission based so it just wasn't for me. You have to get your own leads and get good training but if you cant find businesses that want there insurance you wont get any money coming your way.
Not What I Expected
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2017
I started my job at Aflac as an Independent Insurance Agent because I liked the concept of working for myself and thought if I worked hard I would be rewarded. I found out quickly that the managers did not provide the sales support that they promised and only looked out for their best interests. Aflac's sales school was not helpful and offered techniques that seemed to trick the customers into doing business with them. Overall, I would not recommend with company to anyone.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Work for yourself
Cons
Very bad sales support, managers make promises that they do not deliver, all managers give contradicting advice
Commission only job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 9, 2017
Commission only job. I needed a more steady income. Not a lot of support from management. A lot of time put in with little compensation in return. Nice people to work with and give help when needed.
Pros
great people
Cons
commission only
Horrible Company, Deceiving Recruitment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2017
I was sold the dream for Aflac but wound up finding it to be quite the opposite. The targets laid out for me and the return guaranteed by hitting those targets was shockingly disappointing. After hitting and exceeding targets for six months, I was left with nothing but debt from having worked at Aflac! Unless you know someone in the business who will deal you into their piece of the pie, I would discourage you from taking a sales position here. Look for greener pastures.
Pros
Come and GO as you please
Cons
No base salary, no training
Can be stressful due to quotas
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
Although stressful can be lucrative.
Enjoy working with employers and their employees. Very satisfying being able to help employees.
Can move up quickly to manager position.
Great culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2017
Aflac was a great place to work at. The management was very genuine, and cared about their employees.

The only thing I would change is they are only 100% commission based. It is tough to convince a recent college grad to work for the company when they do not have any savings to live off of until they close their first deal.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 5, 2017
Aflac is a fast paced, commission based work environment. Aflac provides you with the training needed to succeed, along with continued training to improve your skills. The managers are there for you when needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
commisiion
Compensation uncertain
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2017
Much time was spent soliciting companies. Once a company was signed up you had little control over how long people would keep policies. Income negatively affected by dropped policies.
great training
sales associate..number one year after year (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 2, 2017
I retired with AFLAC 18 years ago...I would like to now work for another insurance company....

I would like change as I developed states for AFLAC with my husband...I want something different in the insurance industry.
Pros
good contests
Cons
new management with no experience
Independent Earners
Independent Associate of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 15, 2017
AFLAC is strictly independent earnings and there isn't a weekly paycheck. This created a lot of stress with my family at the time as I would be out making calls daily but there were weeks that I didn't receive a paycheck and ultimately cost me my marriage.
Aflac Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 8, 2017
Awesome people, compensation, and training. The market, at least in my territory was way too saturated for new associate growth. Other than that, awesome.
Pros
great pay, experience, and insentives
Cons
spotty management, market saturation
none team based
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Derry, NHMay 8, 2017
They say they are team like atmosphere whereas they are not and agents steal from one another. You are expected to come with a book of business and are not told that at the begining.
Poor place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 28, 2017
A lot of driving around to places to make sales which in the most part potential clients were already clients under other sales associates. Sales leads were poorly kept track of.
Pros
Incentives to best sales associates
Cons
No healthcare
Wrong place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
I should have known it was a bad fit when drinking was encouraged in training. There were many promises made that were never fulfilled, mainly after traveling across the country to sell policies funding my travel from my own money and selling six figures of products the Rockwell's decided they should get 40% of my commission.
Anyone can do it, but it's not for everyone.
Independent Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 24, 2017
My start with Aflac was very shady. My DSC was more interested in taking business from me rather than teaching me how to build my business. As I was transitioned from one district to another, my new DSC would assume the previous one taught me how to do the most basic of procedures. Not only would I not know how to do them, I didn't even know what help to ask for.
It's a great company and I see people do very well in it when they have the right people looking out for you in the very beginning and are committed to helping you grow. I would love to go back to it someday, but the financial setback it created for me will have to be dealt with first.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  murfreesboro,tnApril 19, 2017
Work day is your own decision. Learned business skills. Self managed work. Classic work culture. Constant rejection. You make decently good money. Treated fairly from start to finish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.