Aflac Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Aflac is pretty much like other Insurance companies i've come across here in TN
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 15, 2018
I didn't really get a chance to get into that job i can explain if we speak or meet. This position didn't work out the way i expected it to go, so i can't be to specific.
Ok for commission
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2018
Commission based company, have to start your own groups, outside sales, be agressive, some training, no health insurance, does have investment account for employees
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Have to be agressive outside sales
Too many hiours for no pay!
Aflac Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 4, 2018
Aflac is strictly commission. You put in a hard days work and not get paid.Commissions are not great either.All the large accounts are already taken. In the beginning all the managers arenreal nice to yiou in the beginnining and when they decide they've gotten out of you all the accounts you brought with you and are not producing anymore then all the niceness is over!
Pros
Too much work
Cons
No pay
"Intern" During University
Insurance Sales and Benefits Consultant, Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2018
Was recruited as an intern during university. Not worth my time, very few of my fellow interns did anything substantial, and it was difficult to make any money. It did not really build up any skills despite basically being an unpaid internship. As a job it sounds great, (but not for me) however as an internship it was a poor choice.
Pros
Set your own hours
Coming for your prospects!!
Insurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 22, 2018
Only apply if you have thousands of leads to give to your coworkers so they can cash in on you!! It takes three people to get a "group" going so keep in mind if you think this is a easy thing to do your crazy. Expect commission only and make sure that you work your butt of and make cold calls all day.
Tough to start making money right away
Aflac Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2018
Do it if you can afford to not make any money for the first year unless you are the kind of person that can sell things easily. Aflac did not work out well for me because I’m more inclined to be efficient at helping people when they come to me with a problem. At Aflac you’re job is just to sell.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes. Free education
Cons
Commission only
manager was nice, but was loaded with a lot of stress.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Central, VirginiaJuly 8, 2018
I loved meeting new people, but the income was not worth the amount of work I was putting in. to much of a risk. No health benefits and charge backs, which charges you for the cost of the policy you wrote, if they decided not to keep it. Just wasn't what I expected.
Fun and action-packed work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 6, 2018
great people to teach and guide you. no limit for the amount of success or pay you receive. the amount of work coordinates with the pay when done correctly. fast job placement. great teammates and awesome staff atmosphere. guided for success
Pros
10-99 contracted emplee
Cons
no benefits
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32809July 3, 2018
When getting leads, and getting the sales are the toughest part of the job.
Have control of your own hours and when to work. You can have as many accounts as you want and the business is yours for as long as you want to maintain them.

Great conventions and bonuses.
Excellent stock options and discounts.
Exciting
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2018
Cold calls, prospecting, product knowledge, high pace high energy culture, hardest part of the job rejection of product, most enjoyable part was going out prospecting with other agents
Pros
ability to make as much money as you can
Cons
no help
I enjoyed working with businesses.
Supplemental Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 20, 2018
This job was very flexible. You had to be on your toes though. Going out much during the week and scouting for businesses. I believed in the business and had past sales experience so it was easier for me. Management wasn't very fair in genesee county on the businesses you got on your own when it came to pay when you were new. You really had to pay attention to details and what was going on around you. It's a 100% commission job.
Not a fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2018
It was very competitive and the income wasn't consistent enough to pay my bills. However, I stayed with it as long as possible, because I enjoyed the freedom it provided, and when I did get paid it was a big pay day.
Aflac is about Aflac
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 4, 2018
Aflac is about Aflac and not it's people. They offer no benefits for the outside sales team and hire people to complete contests. They do not train properly and are all about the top earners until they use them up.
Competitive and a self paced job
Insurance Sales representative Intern (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 30, 2018
A typical work day would involve making called to business owners and or CEO's of a company. Next, you would go on runs to different business and asking to speak to the owners to see if we could set up an appointment to present our benefit packages to them.
Pros
Extremely Relaxed, Self-paced, Paid as you go
Cons
Long drives sometime, rude customers
Nice people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 19, 2018
Nice people but too much driving. I did not know enough locals to get in their good graces. I spent too much money on gas without getting enough financial compensation.
No Support
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMay 19, 2018
It's a door to door sales job. They don't pay any benefits, they don'r give you refferals, there are no territories, there is no support. You just get sent out to knock on random doors. Sometimes I was given a list of places to go and found many of the businesses were closed sometimes the buildings weren't even standing anymore.
You can go broke working here.
Pros
Cons
No money
Its Commision Only and Its take a while to start making money
INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 17, 2018
The work environment is supportive but I recommend having another job while training. It takes a while to get certified to sell the product. If your not certified in their program, you will not be making money. You will also pay office rent and do a lot of driving at times. The staff is supportive but you need to go in with a plan. No sales, no money...
Pros
Learn alot about the product
Cons
The money is not always good. You hit dry seasons
Fairly Good Employment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAMay 17, 2018
Would answer phones, input data into computer, go to company's location to enroll employees, trouble shooting, preparing packets for employees. The pay is inconsistent, no health benefits.
waste of time
Insurance sales representative (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIMay 14, 2018
cold calls all day in person and on phone. market totally saturated by other aflac sales reps. some places said they are visited weekly 5 or more times a week by aflac reps.
Pros
Cons
no pay
Challenging but well compensated
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 10, 2018
AFLAC is a company where the career growth is up to the individual. It is a cut-throat industry and you get paid on how hard you work. Once pay does come in, it is very lucrative. However, to get to that point, it takes time and devotion to the job.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule
Cons
challenging and cut throat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.