Aflac Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Brutal
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILFebruary 11, 2018
Long hours, low pay, no training, cold calls , terrible leads, terrible management. The market is already saturated. Very hard to land and keep new accounts
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
No work life balance
Too many agents
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 8, 2018
This company sell health supplement policies to small businesses. A typical day for me was to visit many, many businesses to find out that I was maybe the 100th agent to visit that company, so I quit.
Pros
Good commission if a policy sells
Cons
too many agents
AFLAC offers great products and is a good company.
HEALTH INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 7, 2018
AFLAC is a good career for someone who only wants to sell insurance. I am more interested in servicing clients. Also, it has been many years since I have worked at AFLAC so I could not speak to how if functions now.
Great comany that cares about the employees
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 31, 2018
Great Management and employees. It's a very relaxed envirinment although you stay busy. Everyone helps one another when you need it. Even at the corporate level they are very helpful with anything you need.
excellent company atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Making cold calls both over the phone and in person business to business sales. Weekly agent meetings. Great company events and incentives for awards/ bonuses.
Pros
Recognized company name.
Cons
Requires strong discipline work ethic.
Wonderful for the right person
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshtemo, MIJanuary 17, 2018
Aflac is a wonderful company to work for. I am horrible at "cold-calling" so this was not the right career for me. They offer great incentives and you have the possibility of making a lot of money but I am no salesman.
Pros
Own boss, incentives, money
Cons
Cold-calling
cold calling is not good business
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 17, 2018
I was not a fan of going door to door and doing drop ins. I preferred to get the referrals and work for my leads. It wasn't a great place to really get a good idea of the insurance business. I think it was more of the bad side of the business.
Starter job
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  ohioJanuary 17, 2018
Starter job great learning experiences ............ Well known company name good team you have to get involved in order to exceed now providing group business and individual policy
Pros
Meet and work with great people
It has to be for you
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 11, 2018
If youre not a very bubbly person its hard to do well in this job. Everything falls on your shoulders to build and maintain a book of business. a lot of hard work but can be rewarding
Great Company at One Time
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 10, 2018
Aflac was a good company at one time and they indeed have great products that saved people's financial lives. However, a culture of backstabbing, cutthroating, dishonesty, rewarding immoral and illegal business transactions and not remembering that their agents was the thing that made them #1 have made them one of the last places I would recommend.
Pros
You could indeed have made a living at Aflac at one time.
Cons
Lots of insurance fraud swept under the carpet, dishonesty rewarded just so long as you got your numbers.
Productive and fun
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 9, 2018
Aflac was a good company to work for. I enjoyed the office and the staff where I was located. I also got to meet lots of interesting people along the way.
Boiler room and cut throat atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Horrible environment. If you want to work in a boiler room, this place would be perfect for you. My direct Manager was very nice and helpful, but the overall management was horrendous.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
great entry level positions
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2018
The company is a very respectable one and I feel that I f anyone is looking to start a career as an entry level business professional then this is a great place to start that career..
Aflac
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 6, 2018
Selling insurance was a first for me and Aflac provides some great products. Unfortunately there is no base salary so you must depend solely upon commission in order to pay your bills and handle financial responsibilities. This was a very strong con.

I enjoyed the cold calling since it was lots of fun meeting new people and visiting a variety of businesses. It was fun to meet the business owners and employees and learn about their circumstances to figure out how to best meet their needs.

The challenge each day was to advance past the gatekeeper in order to secure a meeting with management to explain how Aflac could really assist the employees.

Once a manager or owner agreed to see if the employees would like to enroll in any of the insurance plans, conducting the enrollments was fun and then the pay was a very good commission and generated within a day or two.
Pros
Variety each day and meeting lots of people
Cons
No salary
Insurance agent
insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 5, 2018
Days often began at home on the phone and computer. I'd be up in the morning making cold calls and searching for "prospects" (clients). I mainly dealt with commercial accounts but did the occasional residential/individual. There was no real management or workplace culture as we're often left on our own. The early stages did however, feel like a type of inception or boot camp. We were taught some very "interesting" sales practices.

The hardest part of my job was closing accounts. Clients often did not want to deal with insurance. Who does right? They regularly made last minute changes, canceled meetings and backed out of enrollment dates. It was very stressful since it was commission based. The rewarding element here was helping people get the coverage they needed. I enjoyed closing an account and chalking up another win.
Pros
life experience, people
Cons
stressful
Aflac cost almost as much in mileage as I was able to make.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Aflac required copious driving. I enjoyed the engagement with customer's but, the products that I had to offer didn't really fit well into the California market, so the return on time invested was poor.
Pros
Discount Insurance
Cons
Not much profit
Left to do what you wanted when you wanted
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bixby OKJanuary 4, 2018
I loved having the freedom but I needed a more structure and more definite pay. I also needed more benefits. I didnt want to leave the company but I just needed more. They are a great company if you can keep your self on track.
Do not work Here
Accident / Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 2, 2018
They do not pay very well at all. They do not allow for proper training. Their idea of training: spend 1 day training. Not enough time to training anyone on policies and etc.
Pros
some great people
Cons
training on policies & commission.
Dedication dictates success
Experienced Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 2, 2018
Aflac is a great company to work for. They will hand you the moon and stars if you're willing to work for it. Trips, prizes and contests offered are the best I've seen. Quite challenging for single parents. If you fall into that category and have young kids, and you lack a support network, it's hard to make it work.
Pros
perks, great commission schedule
Cons
no base pay, hard for single parents to make it work
Aflac
Life Health and Accident/Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 29, 2017
Aflac had very good products and was a wonderful company to work for. I was able to learn what was needed for the job. The management was driven so were we.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not making enough to pay bills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.