Aflac Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Found 393 reviews matching the search See all 2,563 reviews
Not the same company I went to work for in 2007
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 8, 2018
Aflac is not the same company I went to work for in 2007. The Company actually cared about their employees. Now it is all about numbers. My district supervisor would stab you in the back. I loved the job I did just couldn't handle the management team.
income based on sales only
Licensed Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 3, 2018
got paid on sales only
a lot of driving
self managed
hardest part was going on sales calls and not making a sale
I did not enjoy this job and would not work on commission ever again
Pros
indepent agent
Cons
income based on sales
not worth the time
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 22, 2018
YOu had to drive all over the state, you had other people coming into your area and taking your clients away from you. YOu were commissioned passed pay and they would not tell you if your commissioned got taken back.
will not work until licensed
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDOctober 21, 2018
will not work unless licensed, if i am not licensed i will not get paid but they will hold your work for you but i dont know how true this is but the company from different areas wished to hire me until today and its 2018 that was back in 2012-2014 be licensed or you wont get paid and you pick how many hours you want to work...and the pay is decent ....good for the most part and benefits
Pros
everything but pay
Cons
not licensed
Know how to sell
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Aflac is always looking for new people to join them because it takes a certain type of person to be able to do it full time and make a profit enough to want to stay. They will give you the basis for knowing how to sell their product, but you have to learn how to evolve from there. The places you are trying to get have been hit by Aflac for a very long time and most of the people that did it before you were bad and left the potential client with a bad taste so you are immediately asked to leave by pretty much everyone.
Pros
Income if you can get it
Cons
Aflac's history in the sectors holds you down
Fun atmosphere, Hard work
Aflac Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 9, 2018
it was an experience. You really have to be a self starter and motivate yourself you go out and prospect for business. If you cant plan and work your own scheduled you shouldn't apply because you will never make enough money to survive.
Cons
Its Commission Only
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 22, 2018
All commission no salary Very relaxed working place You are your own pace training in very little after the sales school All the large accounts are taken
Great Career Opportunity
Audrey E. Tien Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sacramento, CA AreaSeptember 19, 2018
Diverse workplace, job duties and opportunities
Not only further developed my insurance aptitude but also developed concrete, success driven business skills and personal relations.
Individual goal development within a team environment
The hardest part of being a DSC was wanting success for my associates more than they wanted for themselves.
The most rewarding part of my Aflac career was the sharing in the accomplishments of those I trained and mentored.
Pros
Diverse workplace, job duties and opportunities
Cons
One never truly knew at time of on-boarding, who was going to be the star
Awesome Place
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 12, 2018
I loved Aflac as a work place, would love to go back but the chances for advancement seem to be a bit harder and the call center can have challenging days
Good Stuff
Licensed Independent Insurance Producer/Agent (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 5, 2018
The company honestly does what they say they will do, and for me to morally sell someone something I have to know it is truly worth the consumers money, and I can say it is. During my time with the company I witnessed the ease,speed, and honesty that came with filing a claim. Excellent company to both work for and purchase from as I am also a policy holder.
Poor overall structure
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2018
Good product, but they lack vision. They hire way too many employees with the intention of washout instead of just hiring the right ones. Then, the ones like me with educations actually leave for something better. You need to pull your head out of your rear. There are better companies out there selling better products. They are going to overtake you.
Great working atmosphere, great boss, team players
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 28, 2018
Morning meeting to discuss what we was doing for the day and the week. What meeting was set up, how many cold calls, B2B calls that needed to be done.
Pros
Could take off when needed for kids in sport or sick
Cons
Commission based only
learning how to sell insurance
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 27, 2018
going to business to offer our products and selling individual insurance. Supervisor is very professional and takes time out to try to help you succeed.
Pros
management is good
Cons
lots of driving and looking to get accounts
AFLAC was a great job for a people person.
Insurance sales representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at AFLAC because while it was sales, I was able to interact with people in an in-home environment. AFLAC also gave many inservice workshops to update sales representative's repertoire.
Pros
Gave people a product that they wanted and needed
Cons
Office closed
Relaxed environment.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Firenze, ToscanaAugust 25, 2018
Lots of communication required. You're selling insurance to people around your area. Most of my job was done mostly at-home in a relaxed environment. So it wasn't bad.
All Commission
INSURANCE AGENT/ASSISTANT DISTRICT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2018
This is a 100% commission based career. You must build your book of business from the ground up and be in a financial position to go a few weeks without any income. There are ZERO benefits as you are a 1099.
Aflac is pretty much like other Insurance companies i've come across here in TN
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 15, 2018
I didn't really get a chance to get into that job i can explain if we speak or meet. This position didn't work out the way i expected it to go, so i can't be to specific.
Ok for commission
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2018
Commission based company, have to start your own groups, outside sales, be agressive, some training, no health insurance, does have investment account for employees
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Have to be agressive outside sales
Too many hiours for no pay!
Aflac Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 4, 2018
Aflac is strictly commission. You put in a hard days work and not get paid.Commissions are not great either.All the large accounts are already taken. In the beginning all the managers arenreal nice to yiou in the beginnining and when they decide they've gotten out of you all the accounts you brought with you and are not producing anymore then all the niceness is over!
Pros
Too much work
Cons
No pay
"Intern" During University
Insurance Sales and Benefits Consultant, Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2018
Was recruited as an intern during university. Not worth my time, very few of my fellow interns did anything substantial, and it was difficult to make any money. It did not really build up any skills despite basically being an unpaid internship. As a job it sounds great, (but not for me) however as an internship it was a poor choice.
Pros
Set your own hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.