Aflac Employee Reviews for Independent Agent

Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
I learned how to take ownership of my territory. It taught me how to prospect smarter and how to make the most out of my day. The hardest part was commission only and charge backs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Charge backs
Great learning experiance
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJuly 25, 2018
Love working with other agents and the customers. Great learning and many opportunities. Hardest part of the day was acquiring leads. I enjoyed working at my own pace and from home.
Lack of Management support
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Palermo, NDJuly 18, 2018
Management does not encourage mentors to teach product knowledge or sales techniques. Management not involved in employees journey to succeed. Supervisors too bust selling for themselves to help new employees.
Pros
"Self Employed"
Cons
Lack of support
Another Temporary job
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I took this job because they made it sound like there were very few agents in Omaha, only to find out there were a ton of agents. Everywhere I went, someone had been there a few days or weeks before.
Na
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2018
Position is not what I was trained to do. The management team was supportive but the guidance is non existent. Typical sales environment with sink or swim attitude. Realized that this is not the career for me.
great company
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great Company MUST BE SELF DRIVEN! pay is driven by your motivation! if you do not sell anything you do not make anything, so it is very difficult if you have never worked in this type of work or do not have a mentor.
Pros
the harder you work the more incentive there is
Cons
1099 commission
Insurance Sales
Independent Agent Representing Aflac (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJuly 10, 2018
This was a good learning experience for me, and is probably a fine place to work if you're really a sales person at heart, which I am not. Fun, collaborative but competitive culture in the office.
Insurance Sales
AFLAC- Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 7, 2018
Working for AFLAC requires being licensed in insurance sales. The cost to become licensed may be large at first. Door to door sales with very few leads. Too many agents to truly be successful unless you get great referrals.
Commission only
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
I enjoyed the work and had an amazing supervisor who motivated on a daily basis. I enjoyed meeting and speaking with new people everyday. They offered rewards regularly for goals met.
I enjoyed the comrades that i worked with.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 30, 2018
I enjoyed the people that I worked with, unfortunately they don't pay ypu. It is hard cold calling for hours without pay. You need a good financial cushion in order to sell insurance.
Pros
Comrades
Cons
No pay, hours of cold calling without pay.
I love working at Aflac. Great people
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 13, 2018
Aflac is an amazing company that really cares about its agents and policyholders. The company also cares about treating childhood cancer. There is an Aflac Hospital in Georgia where kids are treated at no cost and all the cancer research they do is shared with other treatment centers
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Sometimes it xan take awhile to get an account
Love this place!
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 5, 2018
The regional in Glendora is very helpful and does not mistreat those new to the field. He is always ready and willing to help. He was one of the reasons I was interested in a career with Aflac.
Prime America is Selling Life insurance to People who feel strongly about how important it is to have Life Insurance
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 5, 2018
Aflac was a productive environment. I was just not wanting to sell secondary insurance. With Prime America I am more comfortable selling life insurance. Something I feel very strong about so a family can continue to cover their bills incase some kind of bad accidents happens to the main provider of the family.
Commissioned Only = MANY MANY Hours with Little Payout
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2018
While some throuroughly strive in this type of setting, don't let them fool you! They work 80 hours a week (including weekends) to build up their "book of business" all for very little pay! You need to Hustle Hustle Hustle in this business if you want to be able to eat! While the rewards seem great (trips, $$$, Prizes), you have to hit some seriously strenuous goals. Be wary of the "Benefit Consultant" title they claim to use... you are merely a low on the totem pole sales person! And depending on how often you need to eat is how greasy you're going to get!
Supportive environment helpful resources
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM 88001May 20, 2018
Aflac is a great opportunity to learn and become an independent business owner. You determine your financial capability with the amount of focus, determination, accountability, and activity. The resources to develop your craft is very accessible in the provided website and study modules.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Without constant productivity there is potential for failure
Depends
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CA 91741May 15, 2018
This is a commission based job. It can be lucrative if you are motivated and have the right backing on your side. Although it is an independent role, the right guidance is necessary to succeed.
Great sales career
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Brule, NEMay 11, 2018
Great company to work for if you enjoy sales. Terrific income potential. Training is superb. Lots of opportunity to win vacations and other prizes. Great company!
Get out of it as much as you put into it.
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 10, 2018
Aflac is a GREAT product!! It is a fabulous supplement to health insurance and provides a 'back-up' plan when the unexpected strikes. Good prices with excellent benefits
Highly Acclaimed Former Employer
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
Former employment with Aflac is highly acclaimed because of their innovative health insurance benefits, commitment to pay claims with improved proficiency and punctuality, and customer service for agents to access pertinent datum via telephone/online support.
Pros
Website services
Cons
Limited authority due to hierarchy structure
Agent
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 10, 2018
I have the freedom to work from home and still get the support I need from our corporate office.
Meeting all levels of business people and developing a long term relationship is the best.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.