Aflac Employee Reviews for Independent Agent

Good career
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILFebruary 14, 2018
I loved my time at Aflac. The only reason I left was it was commission only, and I had family issues that required me to get a full time job with a regular paycheck. If I would had more time to keep prospecting, and building my book of business I would have made a very nice living for me and my family.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2018
Aflac as an insurance co is great. Aflac is also an all commission job, cold calling is key because working at Aflac is commission only. Setting up appointments and walking in to meet potential clients is daily. Having support from the management staff and other salesmen does help also. The work environment was pleasurable, team meeting are a must. The hardest part of the job was being limited to a certain sales clientele, but the enjoyable part of the job is meeting sales goals and to see your salary rise.
Pros
Enjoyed working there without that much supervision
Cons
I was limited to various contacts that I was sure that I could prospect. .
Insurance
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 7, 2018
The position is 100 percent commission based. Entering into sales with no sales experience earning 100 percent on commissions is not ideal for someone entering into sales.
Aflac
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKJanuary 30, 2018
If you are looking for a place to set your own schedule and work on commission, this is the Company. For the most part you are able to do what you want, at the end of the day there is still someone to report to.
Hard to break into commission only sales environment
Independent Producing Agent (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Just what the title says. You might make a go of this if you join up with about $20000 in the bank to keep you going while they use you to generate leads. You will not be given a break with this company until you are there (survive) for 1 full year.
Pros
Great training, if you have the resources to make 'no money' for 6 months.
Cons
No established business leads given - everything starts from scratch, including your training.
It is all in what you want
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 26, 2018
If you don't have children and have the drive to always be looking for new business then this is a company for you. They have a great marketing strategy with the DUCK which everyone knows. You can make some crazy good money and have a lot of fun, but be prepared to work hard. It will be worth it. Don't forget to bring your integrity with you. In this business agents have a tendency to lose what is most important sometimes.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Flexiblity
fake
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 22, 2018
The management are not trained to manage people. This job hires literally anyone as a sales agent because they don't actually train you. There is HUGE turnover they do not invest in their people.They will say anything to get you in the door... that you will work for yourself and make your own hours then micromanage you. I studied sales in college and they basically do everything they said not to do. There are no territories so companies have already been called 20 times or more.
The Leadership is awesome!
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILJanuary 22, 2018
The leadership team is awesome. You have District Managers that care about your success. You have to put in the work and remain diligent and disciplined.
Summary
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 21, 2018
Overall I loved Aflac and everyone there. They were very supportive and all around great. Very family oriented and made you feel like part of the Aflac family.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Cold calls only to build business
Great Place to work.
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2018
As an independent Agent you work as hard as you want and can advance as high as you desire.
There is friendly competition and an incredible bonus and reward system.
disappointing
Independent Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJanuary 17, 2018
this position didnt live up to its hype which was contingent upon me taking this job. the training was non existent and the person whom i reported to showed little interest or sincerity in working alongside me as i learned the business and started generating a book of business.
Sales
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 17, 2018
This was a temporary job to get me back on my feet. It did that and allowed me to network while selling and identify my next career opportunity. Must be motivated to sell if you want to be successful.
Poor management
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mount Zion, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Horrible management, district manager found chosen favorite and stuck with him, everybody quit. No pay unless you landed deal and agents were constantly tripping over each other because no zone or territory. Other districts even allowed to call on our prospects. District manager was even poaching my strong possible customers.
Unfulfilling
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 16, 2018
Market is flooded with agents who frequently overlap sales areas; appetite for new sales not as stout as touted; difficult to rely upon as primary income source
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
develop your own leads
Good Job if you have the time
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Pepperell, MAJanuary 3, 2018
If your self motivated and don't mind spending money to build a business then this is the job for you. Cold calling is a requirement so you have to like the phones and people. You don't make money unless you sell to clients and there are no benefits. The good thing is you make your own hours. If you don't have the discipline to stay focused, then this is not the job for you.
work very exciting
independent Aflac agent (Former Employee) –  Aflac oswego,nyJanuary 2, 2018
I loved working for Aflac. It was a self drive enviroment. I enjoyed helping people with their policies from selling the policies to the policies helping families in need. I would get up every morning and go door to door business selling. In between calls I would help customers with their claims from poison ivy to cancer. My favorite part was watching the relief on customers faces when their claim was paid. Unfortunately when a claim took all day, that was a day lost for pay.
Pros
helping people
Cons
commission pay
Sales
Independent Sales Agent /Field Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 29, 2017
Aflac is a good company to work for - when you first start you will get a lot of support.

What I found in my district is a lot of shake up - when districts start having changes, you could see some shifts is support levels i.e. you no longer report to you District then they no longer want to help you.
Aflac
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 18, 2017
100% commission based salary. Must be determined to make your own appointments and close your sales. Stressful competition between districts...Maybe it would have gotten better the longer one stays to build the pipeline and network
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
commission
OK for a temporary position, best place to start at in This Given Industry
Benefits Consultant, Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYDecember 11, 2017
Its an OK for a temporary position, best place to start at in This Given Industry. Good platform to continue on as a Broker or CFP. Just understand the orientation is all a push, to get you to work harder. Its like any other 1099 or Sales job it all depends on you and your own goals to make it work.
Pros
Manage Your own Hours
Cons
Its purely Commission Based and the Market is Flooded with Agents, so not a long term career option compared with my own goals.
In equals out
Life and Health Insurance Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  ILDecember 6, 2017
Good company to work for, good management. You will only get out of it what you put in. You are your own boss and your earning potential depends on how well you work your business. Great leadership and team to help when needed.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.