Aflac Employee Reviews for Independent Agent

Found 337 reviews matching the search See all 2,567 reviews
Commission Sales
Licensed Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 11, 2018
On the road every day you must be ready to get it go with as many B2B opportunities as possible in any given day. Great products for any age customer that was very well designed for the common man, women or family.
Pros
Work on your on time
Cons
Commission you don't sell you don't get paid, you must be willing to be your own boss and manage your own business.
Great Mission
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 6, 2018
Aflac's mission is to partner with businesses to help both the business and the employees save money through voluntary benefits. These benefits include Accident, Short Term Disability, Hospital, Cancer. Life, Dental and Vision insurance policies.
Pros
Helps people and the pay is good
Cons
Hard work getting started
Was a fun Job, if you can survive commission only.
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 26, 2018
Commission only and being completely self driven is difficult. You got the training, then it was done. You could make 50 calls a day and all of them have been in contact with an AFLAC agent in the past two weeks, or you could make 2 calls and land 2 huge sales.
Pros
Own hours, Bonuses, Travel Opprotunities
Cons
Commission Only, Need to be extremely slef motivated
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 11, 2018
Despite the quality of the product, it is a tough sell to business owners. Commission only makes it harder on the agent. Although there were weekly meetings it was short on training. Needed more one on one and more assistance with getting meetings with business owners.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Better one on one training, no guarantees
Good for someone who doesn't need steady pay
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAOctober 3, 2018
A typical day is going in and out of businesses for approximately 8 hours to attempt to make meetings and sales for benefits.
Management varies by location and by who changes into what roles (changed quite a bit during my 6 months there). Workplace culture is overall team-based, but you don't work as a team. Hardest part of the job is that there's not any type of compensation until you make a sale. The most enjoyable part for me was being able to meet a bunch of people I likely wouldn't have met otherwise.
Pros
ability to set your own schedule and work at your own pace
Cons
no stability in pay
Your work determines your worth
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 14, 2018
You get paid based on the work you put in. It’s not easy being successful with this company. It’s 100% commission only with zero benefits. You must have reserve funds in order to get started, you may not get paid for the first 5-6 months in the business, but again, this depends on you.
Pros
Flexible work hours. Be your own boss. Residual income.
Cons
Commission only. Lack of management. High turnover.
A great company to work and learn
INDEPENDENT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 11, 2018
A typical day would include making calls to set appointments to land company benefits for their employees. Go out an enroll employees into their benefit's.
Training
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2018
The training was quite awful and the market didn't prove to be amenable to the product...particularly the Richmond market. I will say that my trainer tried but it was not eventful.
Fun place to work at and meant new people all the time.
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 5, 2018
The most interesting part of this job is that there is no ‘typical’ day. One day I would be busy scheduling meetings and the other day I would be traveling on the road.
Maybe the next day I would be busy making presentations in front of a crowd. If the job is unpredictable and calls for efficiency, I try my best to reach that level.
Pros
Monthly and yearly gatherings, very fun.
Cons
Commission based pay
Veteran agents will thrive. Newbies will be trained and enter the Hunger Games as they find their footing
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 31, 2018
DO NOT quit your day job year 1. This will need to be a side gig until you have an established client base. Period. Don't think you will replace a steady income from the start. You won't. YOU ARE A BUSINESS OWNER AND WILL BE EXPECTED TO FUNCTION AS SUCH. If you are comfortable with "feast or famine" pay, and leadership who train you but also COMPETE with you...all the best to you!
Poor Training
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
If you are an experienced outside sales person with no family and no need for immediate income this is the job for you. There is no base pay. It is strictly commission only.
I came in under the notion I would be trained well and that was a lie. There was no training, no real support. You are thrown out to either sink or swim.
Review for Aflac
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
While many people did succeed as an independent sales agent, I was not one of them. The amount of work required to put in for potential reward was not worth it for a purely commission based position. I felt very uncomfortable with the way the company taught how to deal with potential clients, and seeing other agents interact first hand verified it was not for me.
Independent agent
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 19, 2018
The company provides 3 weeks Sales School and then twice a week for an hour and a half, excellent Sandlers base sales reinforcement training, leading by certified Sandles instructors. The group I worked with provided teaching support on administrative issues, in addition to product training. Each manager has the individual option how he/she will mentoring you. If you good in sales and has a natural talent to it this is a perfect place for you. You will flourish from the start. If you have additional income for at least two years you will get there sooner or later :)Perfect job for retirement with all the connection in your packet you can now use it.
I am writing it as a positive review but also give you the reality check. This is a very independent position. You will receive many resources and support training but do not expect to babysit you. It is a lot of work. You are own boss!!!!
Pros
excelent training, support atmosfere, assistance with closing new accounts
Cons
no base salary which could be difficult if you not natural seller.
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
I learned how to take ownership of my territory. It taught me how to prospect smarter and how to make the most out of my day. The hardest part was commission only and charge backs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Charge backs
Great learning experiance
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNJuly 25, 2018
Love working with other agents and the customers. Great learning and many opportunities. Hardest part of the day was acquiring leads. I enjoyed working at my own pace and from home.
Lack of Management support
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Palermo, NDJuly 18, 2018
Management does not encourage mentors to teach product knowledge or sales techniques. Management not involved in employees journey to succeed. Supervisors too bust selling for themselves to help new employees.
Pros
"Self Employed"
Cons
Lack of support
Another Temporary job
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 16, 2018
I took this job because they made it sound like there were very few agents in Omaha, only to find out there were a ton of agents. Everywhere I went, someone had been there a few days or weeks before.
Sales, always on the move
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 15, 2018
This is a sales position. Mostly cold calling in the beginning. Training is given and always offered. Commission based pay so you dont get money if you dont make a sale.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Commission based pay
Na
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2018
Position is not what I was trained to do. The management team was supportive but the guidance is non existent. Typical sales environment with sink or swim attitude. Realized that this is not the career for me.
great company
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great Company MUST BE SELF DRIVEN! pay is driven by your motivation! if you do not sell anything you do not make anything, so it is very difficult if you have never worked in this type of work or do not have a mentor.
Pros
the harder you work the more incentive there is
Cons
1099 commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.