Aflac Employee Reviews for Benefits Consultant

Great if you're willing to build a business from nothing
Supplemental Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 12, 2017
Working at Aflac is an incredible opportunity that I would recommend to anyone interested in building their own business in the Insurance Industry. The compensation potential is extremely advantageous to new agents and Aflac provides a good platform for long term growth within a company. However, you should know what you are getting into before pursuing this career. As a new agent, your job is predominantly dropping into businesses in your area or making prospecting calls, which can be very discouraging to those without the natural ability to sell their personal brand. If you can do that, you can have a very prosperous career with Aflac.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Culture
Cons
No Salary, Hard to start
Mis-Managed Style
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2017
I don't recommend working for this company unless you have a lot of contacts and know the territory you are working in. You will never have solid pay unless you know a lot of people.
Great organizational culture
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 13, 2017
Management wants you to succeed and will do everything possible to assist you. Fun place to work and competition is friendly, not cut-throat. Commission jobs aren't for everyone, but if you can handle rejection and are organized and self-directed, you can make a great living at this.
Pros
culture
Cons
commission only
It is never enough.
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 30, 2017
I tried and tried to make this job work. It was a blood bath. I dont want to say much more. Great product but poorly structured. My region did not take care of their own. They promoted agents to walk all over one another
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Everything Else
was not for me
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 24, 2017
the opportunity wasn't there. they hired too many people without support people building their business. veterans undercut new people consistently. no benefits.
cutthroat
Aflac Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 22, 2017
dont do it unless you like raman noodles. They talk a great game about pay, trips and such but none of its true , I am still waiting for a $100 bonus for a contest i won 4 wks ago
Great secondary income.
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 16, 2017
Saturation levels are too high for this to be a lucrative income unless you become a district or above coordinator. It's not a 9 to 5 job. Need to persevere for several years to have a good residual income. I recommend if it's additional retirement or secondary income. Great fun meeting people and helping protect families.
Pros
meeting and helping families/people
Cons
long and a lot of off time hours
Educational
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAOctober 14, 2017
The team worked well for a bit but the constant turnover of the employees gets to be wearing on a person's soul. Great job for a self motivated individual who doesn't care much about team work.
Wonderful work environment for motivated people
Voluntary Insurance Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHOctober 1, 2017
Great place to work because you can set your own hours and get out of the job what you put into it. You have the opportunity to meet new people and give e practical solutions.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Commission
Great job, but has drawbacks
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Great company and job, not for the socially weak. Must have great people skills and be okay with commission based pay. I love Aflac, it just isn't the right fit for me.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Commission based pay only
I did by best.
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Extremely competitive. Lack of support and training to new associates without previous sales experience. Saw favoritism given. Some areas of town were over saturated with AFLAC agents. I did learn some new things but overall, I feel like I failed.
Pros
Brand recognition of company. Good products.
Cons
No benefits, 1099 contractor.
Work on your own schedule
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
It's a great company to work for if you have good leadership. Poor leadership can cause you to not make any money due to lack of support and training.
Pros
1099 employee
Flexible Schedule but Hurt Pockets
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
I enjoy working for Aflac because of the clients I meet, I love the flexibility that is given to me, I do not like that money does not come in fast its hard especially if you are changing jobs, I highly recommend a second job
Straight Commission
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 31, 2017
This job is a job you will definitely struggle at in the beginning. It takes years to build up business in be successful in this position. If you are wanting to make decent money right away then this job is definitely not for you. If you stress and worry a lot then this job is not for you. This job however is has flexibility. If you want to spend time with your family more and work from home this is a job where you can do that. If you are a go getter and have energy then you would probably succeed. The main downfall for me is how no benefits are offered to you the employee. This job is just what you make it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
comission, no benefits
Not for most
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2017
This job is taxing on the mind and can be the most stressful thing ever. The uncertainty of a paycheck is the most crucial aspect and the reason why I can't recommend it to anyone. Unless you go into this job knowing of multiple companies that want to make supplemental healthcare available to their employees, than I can't advise doing it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hard to sell, odd training, no given accounts
Laid back
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 18, 2017
I was in sales so of course I could make my own schedule when I did work for them, but when it came to actual work and my bosses, it was awesome! I loved who I worked with and they all treat you like family. The only reason I didn't continue working there was because my pay was commission only and I'm not good in sales whatsoever so I needed a steady income. At the time, I had some family needing help at their store so it worked out perfect. I would definitely recommend people to work here.
Job flexibility is great.
Bilingual Benefits Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 14, 2017
Great Sales School.
Best supplemental products in the industry.
Great teamwork.
Ability to help people through financial products.
B2B sales and marketing strategies.
Working for AFLAC
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 3, 2017
Aflac gives employees opportunities to make a difference in the lives through benefit consulting in the area of supplemental health benefits. The company supports each individual associate with the training and preparation to offer families alternatives to financial and health challenges.
Pros
Excellent training and support, people friendly, strong emphasis on family security
Cons
I've had no negative experiences with Aflac. It is challenging and demanding, but this is a necessity to drive positive competitive drive.
aflac
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 15, 2017
flexible work schedules. customer service skills. benefit skills. vacation at anytime if needed. commission based pay. great bonuses. growth in the company happens alot.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
commission
Pyramid Scheme
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 31, 2017
The longer you work there the more the commission structure benefits you, but the fact is that you will probably have to work 6 months with no pay which is absolutely ludicrous.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Entirely commission and training is pathetic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.