Aflac Employee Reviews for Benefits Consultant

Found 134 reviews matching the search See all 2,593 reviews
Name your own hours
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2018
AFLAC will support you with how many hours you are willing to put forth. They also offer an amazing training with effective teaching and learning strategies
Great minded people
Employee Benefits Consultant, coordinator trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 24, 2018
Great place to work at people are nice and motivate you to push harder to attend your goal the only thing the income is not consistent as you have to keep opening business to stay in the game
A nonchalant presence in the job area.
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 1, 2018
Its two sides to every coin, the interview went well, and things they sell you with the great bonuses, the exotic vacation spots. The truth to that is sales are really hard to meet and also little on training from an uninterested coordinator that just did not care with a negative attitude.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
horrible work place, no great example of leadership
Cut throat sales
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 15, 2018
They have "trainings" where you are required to call people on their list and ask them to get involved with AFLAC - essentially asking you to sign up people who could be your direct competitor for an account.

Cold calling for the first three months are supposed to be the list of clients you have for the next few years to work off of and get them to enroll.

Cut Throat as you are required to put your contacts on a list - this does NOT stop someone else with this company from going into this account and try to get the account over you. This can cause hard feelings, especially when you've been establishing a relationship with an organization and someone else comes in and closes the deal and gets the income from the contact.

I found it VERY hard to live off of the income I received with the restrictions I was given by my managers.

There are NO specified territories for you to market to - you have all of the state, along with everyone else in the organization.
Pros
Wonderful product
Cons
HIGHLY competetive.
Flexible hours but not steady compensation
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Insurance sales is not for the faint of heart. The first year or 2 are the hardest. Sales is commission only and very hard to keep steady pace. Lack of training and follow-through with management.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commission sales, lack of training
Great team environment, mentoring and training
Insurance benefits consultant (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I love the product and the company. I really like helping others and I have been able to do so by working with AFLAC. I have gotten out my comfort zone and grown tremendously.
Pros
Flexible and room to grow
Cons
100 percent commission
Good place to work for a confident and responsible individual
Benefits consultant for AFLAC (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 3, 2018
There is a lot of cold calling, and it is a hard position. One must have the responsibility to get up and go every day. You come up with almost all of your own leads.
Flexible work schedule with training opportunites
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2018
A typical work day included contacting potential businesses to set appointments with HR or the company owner to come share the option of adding Aflac polices to their benefit packages.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
commission only
Aflac review
BENEFITS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYAugust 20, 2018
- Talking with business owners. Explaining how Aflac policies help or hurt small businesses.
-Pushy sales. Its not about the customer. Its about the business with a fake front. I can not and will not put a person in debt for something they can live without.
-Management is pushy and I felt like they were fake. Too much makeup, high voice and too excited to see me for no reason. (except I was making them money) Not real or down to earth.
-Work place culture is awesome. Awesome ideas. But its a fake front. Especially for those who can not afford it but told they can.
-Pushy sales. HATE it. And I am not willing to break my relationships for AFLAC.
-I got to meet some amazing business owners and travel.
Pros
Travel and meet new people with different problems
Cons
Fake management.
Can be a good job
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2018
First this is a 100% commission job. When I first started it was fun and I was able to meet new people. Then the Regional Coordinator started getting on everyone and telling us we were not doing enough and to stop bullshitting. Then many people stated to quit. There is a high turnover rate of contracted self employed agents with Aflac. There is little training or guidance. The coordinators just tell you to go out and prospect for new groups and get appointments with the owner/decision maker.
Pros
Cons
Being told you aren't doing enough
Limited by who is training you
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2018
Go along with person training you helps start up your business. Takes hundreds of door to door visits to get one sale. Plus is dealing with business management and usually decision makers.
Pros
Working with businesses
Cons
takes hundreds of door to door businesses to make a sale.
You are your own boss
Benefits Consultant and Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 18, 2018
The first month is spent learning and mastering the products and communication skills. Management is more than willing to help whenever you need it. You have to really be careful about time management as this career is strictly commission based. A majority of this career is driving, conversing, and maintaining relationships with local businesses. Also focuses heavily on technology for enrollments.
Pros
Great management. Flexible hours
Cons
Commission based
Disappointment
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 4, 2018
Looking back, there was so much agent turnover that the leadership prepared for that by pushing new agents to open new accounts but did not support them afterwards, as if preparing to give these to their veteran agents to keep them happy, who were not opening accounts.
Flexible schedule and potential for compensation
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2018
Aflac provides flexibility in daily schedule as well as what is required for compensation. Working a commission job is difficult, but there is a strong support system with Aflac which helps newer agents. The hardest part of the job is getting the leads and doing prospecting as a new agent.
Benefits consultatnt
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIMay 28, 2018
100% commission position so it is extremely time consuming and expensive to get started.

I drained my bank account trying to get started as an associate.
Entrepreneurial
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
Great opportunity to develop entrepreneurial spirit. Develop discipline and good work ethics. Your results are based on your efforts.
The management is very supportive.
Not what I expected.
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 7, 2018
I was promised training and they told me I didn’t need any experience to start a great career. However if you can go for months without a check then you will be fine but until you book an appointment and sell insurance you don’t make anything. It will eat through your savings. No training so if you have experience you will be fine but if you don’t look somewhere else.
Cons
No training, no benefits.
100% Commission self starter job
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILApril 18, 2018
I joined Aflac because I liked the company. I really liked the people I worked with. I was a Benefits Consultant. It was a 100% commission sales job. A typical day was making 100 dials or prospecting small businesses, trying to get an appointment with the business owner.
Pros
Flexibility, big potential for income
Cons
100% commission, need to be go-getter and self starter
Extreemely high stress & competitive with other staff plus tons of driving
Insurance Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 16, 2018
I got burned out driving all over northern and central Vermont and New Hampshire. There was lots more paperwork and computer work that had to be done in the evenings and on weekends that was not explained to me when I was hired.

Management was constantly putting pressure on everyone to make more sales no matter how well you were performing. The stress was not worth the potential reward, even though I totally believed in the all the products that I was selling.
Pros
I really enjoyed helping people solve there needs. Plus, I got commisssion on selling myself pruducts and there was a great retirement plan.
Cons
Too much stress with current management, and pressure to expand selling area into more miles on road per day.
Aflac
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 11, 2018
You get out what you put in. With some luck also involved. Hard to build your own book of business. Aflac provides great products. I just found it hard to convince business owners to offer to their employees.
Pros
Job/Life balance
Cons
100% Commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.