Aflac Employee Reviews for Benefits Consultant

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 2,718 reviews
Great Opportunity
Benefits Consultant/Agent (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 21, 2019
Great potential for making a career in insurance. Well designed structure for advancement through the ranks. Great work/life balance and incentives. Recommended.
Slow to start up but well worth it
BENEFITS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 8, 2019
I love Aflac because I have the opportunity to be my own boss and work as many or as few hours as I want. It provides me with the flexibility I need. It is slow to start up a book of business but well worth the wait.
Friendly and profitable.
Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Aflac is a good job for people who want to get rich. A hard worker. Going into businesses and receive many no's. They offer good bonuses. Employees get pay the next day.
Pros
Have own schedule
Cons
It's hard to get clients at first.
Productive and fun place to work.
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 10, 2019
The job is 100 percent travel and has flexible working hours and is commission based. You must be self motivated in order to make it in the business very high turnover rate.
Pros
No limits on how much you can earn.
Cons
No salary
Great Benefits for People
Benefits Consultant/State Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 5, 2019
The benefits they offer for the public and employees are great. They really help people out financially when situations/illness occur in their lives but there is definitely a training deficit that needs to be tackled.
Think before you choose to work here
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2018
Not a good place to work if you actually want to make a decent living. Commission only and way too many agents in the same area. They want you to go into businesses and try to talk the owner into a meeting to discuss and sell insurance. Most of the places had already seen or spoken to an agent. Management was not much help either they send you to try and get accounts that they have bugged and bugged and the owners still aren’t interested. I wouldn’t recommend this job as a main source of income. Hours of cold calling as well. You will work hours and hours trying to get an appointment and hear a lot of No’s. And get no pay no matter how hard you work unless you’re able to get an owner to let you speak with their employees and they enroll
Cons
Commission only, no good leads, most of the businesses were already contacted by an agent or have insurance.
Name your own hours
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2018
AFLAC will support you with how many hours you are willing to put forth. They also offer an amazing training with effective teaching and learning strategies
Great minded people
Employee Benefits Consultant, coordinator trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 24, 2018
Great place to work at people are nice and motivate you to push harder to attend your goal the only thing the income is not consistent as you have to keep opening business to stay in the game
A nonchalant presence in the job area.
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 1, 2018
Its two sides to every coin, the interview went well, and things they sell you with the great bonuses, the exotic vacation spots. The truth to that is sales are really hard to meet and also little on training from an uninterested coordinator that just did not care with a negative attitude.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
horrible work place, no great example of leadership
Cut throat sales
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 15, 2018
They have "trainings" where you are required to call people on their list and ask them to get involved with AFLAC - essentially asking you to sign up people who could be your direct competitor for an account.

Cold calling for the first three months are supposed to be the list of clients you have for the next few years to work off of and get them to enroll.

Cut Throat as you are required to put your contacts on a list - this does NOT stop someone else with this company from going into this account and try to get the account over you. This can cause hard feelings, especially when you've been establishing a relationship with an organization and someone else comes in and closes the deal and gets the income from the contact.

I found it VERY hard to live off of the income I received with the restrictions I was given by my managers.

There are NO specified territories for you to market to - you have all of the state, along with everyone else in the organization.
Pros
Wonderful product
Cons
HIGHLY competetive.
Not enough money
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 5, 2018
You have to drive everyday in order to make money. If you have a good DSC you can do really well. if you have a bad one you will fail. It is hard to be successful unless you already have funds saved in order to make money . a lot of people quite their first year.
Pros
work/ life freedom. you are your own boss
Cons
Not enough stable money
Flexible hours but not steady compensation
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Insurance sales is not for the faint of heart. The first year or 2 are the hardest. Sales is commission only and very hard to keep steady pace. Lack of training and follow-through with management.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Commission sales, lack of training
Great team environment, mentoring and training
Insurance benefits consultant (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I love the product and the company. I really like helping others and I have been able to do so by working with AFLAC. I have gotten out my comfort zone and grown tremendously.
Pros
Flexible and room to grow
Cons
100 percent commission
Good place to work for a confident and responsible individual
Benefits consultant for AFLAC (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 3, 2018
There is a lot of cold calling, and it is a hard position. One must have the responsibility to get up and go every day. You come up with almost all of your own leads.
Flexible work schedule with training opportunites
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2018
A typical work day included contacting potential businesses to set appointments with HR or the company owner to come share the option of adding Aflac polices to their benefit packages.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
commission only
Aflac review
BENEFITS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYAugust 20, 2018
- Talking with business owners. Explaining how Aflac policies help or hurt small businesses.
-Pushy sales. Its not about the customer. Its about the business with a fake front. I can not and will not put a person in debt for something they can live without.
-Management is pushy and I felt like they were fake. Too much makeup, high voice and too excited to see me for no reason. (except I was making them money) Not real or down to earth.
-Work place culture is awesome. Awesome ideas. But its a fake front. Especially for those who can not afford it but told they can.
-Pushy sales. HATE it. And I am not willing to break my relationships for AFLAC.
-I got to meet some amazing business owners and travel.
Pros
Travel and meet new people with different problems
Cons
Fake management.
Can be a good job
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2018
First this is a 100% commission job. When I first started it was fun and I was able to meet new people. Then the Regional Coordinator started getting on everyone and telling us we were not doing enough and to stop bullshitting. Then many people stated to quit. There is a high turnover rate of contracted self employed agents with Aflac. There is little training or guidance. The coordinators just tell you to go out and prospect for new groups and get appointments with the owner/decision maker.
Pros
Cons
Being told you aren't doing enough
Limited by who is training you
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2018
Go along with person training you helps start up your business. Takes hundreds of door to door visits to get one sale. Plus is dealing with business management and usually decision makers.
Pros
Working with businesses
Cons
takes hundreds of door to door businesses to make a sale.
You are your own boss
Benefits Consultant and Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 18, 2018
The first month is spent learning and mastering the products and communication skills. Management is more than willing to help whenever you need it. You have to really be careful about time management as this career is strictly commission based. A majority of this career is driving, conversing, and maintaining relationships with local businesses. Also focuses heavily on technology for enrollments.
Pros
Great management. Flexible hours
Cons
Commission based
Disappointment
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJuly 4, 2018
Looking back, there was so much agent turnover that the leadership prepared for that by pushing new agents to open new accounts but did not support them afterwards, as if preparing to give these to their veteran agents to keep them happy, who were not opening accounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.