Aflac Employee Reviews for Benefits Consultant

Benefits consultatnt
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIMay 28, 2018
100% commission position so it is extremely time consuming and expensive to get started.

I drained my bank account trying to get started as an associate.
Entrepreneurial
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
Great opportunity to develop entrepreneurial spirit. Develop discipline and good work ethics. Your results are based on your efforts.
The management is very supportive.
Not what I expected.
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 7, 2018
I was promised training and they told me I didn’t need any experience to start a great career. However if you can go for months without a check then you will be fine but until you book an appointment and sell insurance you don’t make anything. It will eat through your savings. No training so if you have experience you will be fine but if you don’t look somewhere else.
Cons
No training, no benefits.
Extreemely high stress & competitive with other staff plus tons of driving
Insurance Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 16, 2018
I got burned out driving all over northern and central Vermont and New Hampshire. There was lots more paperwork and computer work that had to be done in the evenings and on weekends that was not explained to me when I was hired.

Management was constantly putting pressure on everyone to make more sales no matter how well you were performing. The stress was not worth the potential reward, even though I totally believed in the all the products that I was selling.
Pros
I really enjoyed helping people solve there needs. Plus, I got commisssion on selling myself pruducts and there was a great retirement plan.
Cons
Too much stress with current management, and pressure to expand selling area into more miles on road per day.
Aflac
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 11, 2018
You get out what you put in. With some luck also involved. Hard to build your own book of business. Aflac provides great products. I just found it hard to convince business owners to offer to their employees.
Pros
Job/Life balance
Cons
100% Commission
Great Learning Experience
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
Excellent Sales Training , but my regional and overall company management is not supportive in the field. It was a great opportunity for a new inexperienced agent .
Pros
Great promotions and ads for products. Everybody loves the duck.
Cons
You are on your own to build relationships with business owners.
Full commission have to be able to support yourself for a while
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2018
This job is full commission and it is very hard to make it, very high turnover in the office I work in because it is so hard to make consistent income. A lot of travel and time for very little pay for at least the first 1-2 years
Pros
Set your own schedule, be your own boss
Cons
Full commission no benefits
Insurance Sales
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 19, 2018
Insurance Sales is a cut-throat business and competitors did not treat new comers fairly. Sales were hard to come by and there was no base salary. Therefore if there was no sale, there was no income.
Training? What training?
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 16, 2018
The group in Boise hyped an excellent training program, but I found myself out in the field by myself, and without my DSC. Don't waste time with them.
Pros
Work your own schedule
Cons
No effective training. You train yourself, and you go to Sales School a month AFTER you start.
Average working environment
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 8, 2018
The typical day seemed like you were all alone without any support from your lead. Never received proper training had to do everything on my own with little to no success.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
No lead support
Great money if you have the patience to be a 1099 and you get a good trainer,
Insurance Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 6, 2018
The money is there to be made. I feel I only had a bad experience because my direct manager was inexperienced and just not a good trainer. I feel you should be able to be on the team that best suits your needs and personality.
Pros
Bonuses and percentage paid
Cons
1099 only, no freedom to choose who trains you, I was held back by my supervisor being inexperienced.
summary
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 25, 2018
Lots of cold calling so if you are into that then this is a good job for you. Pay is off of commission, so there were days I worked 8 hours and never made money.
Af-Wack
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Not a lot of people want Aflac these days. Sure, some do. However, it is not enough for someone on a commission only basis. Most companies offer sufficient health insurance plans to their employees as is.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Hierarchy
Business 2 Business
Benefits Consultant- Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Not all Mgmt. is good. Be resourceful and learn to swim fast. Keep another job until you have a book of business. Focus on bringing money in for the company then you earn respect. Some people are more helpful than others. You have No real friends until you've been there a long time.
Pros
Pizza, salad, learn new skills, Prospecting
Cons
Greed -keeps you hungry
Not what I was told
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 13, 2018
I was told going into the job that I would service a book of business to give me income while I sought to open new groups to grow my client base and income. It's been over 6 months and I have no groups to service, the area market is saturated with Aflac reps, significant travel is expected, and I've spent 3x what I've earned trying to make this a viable career. Bust! Moving on...
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Tough market
The Best Experience for me.
BENEFITS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2018
The best part about this job is you are the only one that can hold yourself back. I experienced nothing but motivation and growth whilt at this company. The support system is amazing and I started doing things i didnt know I could do.
Pros
Growth
Great people, though not upfront
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 8, 2018
The people and culture at Aflac was great but they are not upfront with the fact that it can take 1-5 years to make a living. Meanwhile agents are spending money while not earning any commission. Great if you live in urban areas, not so great for rural areas. Lots of traveling and visiting busineses over and over again just to be rejected.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
Commission only, amount of time it takes to earn commission
My Aflac experience
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 31, 2018
Very competitive, fast paced environment selling a wonderful product, to those who can afford supplemental insurance. Very challenging and rewarding for those who apply themselves.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Out of pocket expenses
Commission Based
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJanuary 17, 2018
Aflac has the potential for a starting sales associate/insurance producer to be successful. However it takes some time before becoming successful. Cold calls/Corporate drops/Referrals needed in order to book appointments. Trainings available to help sharpen knowledge and presentation tools.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Commission based
Benefits consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Executed the sale of custom insurance plans to businesses.
Consulted with various business owners to tailor insurance plans to the needs of their business and
employees.
Assisted human resources with the recruitment processes of new hires and participated in applicant interviews.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.