Aflac Employee Reviews for Agent

I already had my insurance card when I worked there
Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 12, 2018
Aflac was not that bad to work for I still have Aflac stuffed animals that say Aflac. My manager was not bad he roped me into one day going to a coal company to sign up workers. That was about the only paycheck I got from them. They did make us go to Morgantown, WV to stay at a hotel for a sales meeting. I think I left them after that.
Secured my own leads
Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 23, 2018
Canvassed industrial parks, business offices. Met with owners in order to offer their employees benefits. No assigned territories. Other agents stole sales because of there being no assigned territories.
Great company overall, but not much room for advancement
Agent Validation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2018
Working at Aflac is ok at first, but your career will become at a stand still if you don't know the right people. I will say that the company overall does more for their employees than any other company I have worked for.
Sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 17, 2018
Hated Sales. Cold calling is hard in all sales jobs. I worked with a friend to help out but I hated the whole thing. Money is good if you can make the sales.
Pros
Money
Cons
Cold Calling
Typical day
Agent (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2018
A typical day here is burning your own gas riding around Louisiana praying and hoping someone opens an account with. If you don't open any accounts you don't get paid basically.
Cons
Commission only
Great people, but not enough compensation to live on.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 6, 2018
I put 43,000 miles on my vehicle in one year trying to make this job work. I went out every day making cold calls. I got stood up regularly for appointments with business owners. The market is extremely saturated for supplemental insurance and Aflac gives you no help with any book of business. I can confidently say I did everything I could to make this job work, but at the end of the day you have to be able to pay the bills.
Pros
Flexibility to make your own schedule
Cons
Saturated market with no base pay.
Wonderful Products
Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27858June 24, 2018
The company itself has wonderful products. As a sales rep, culture is very intense and demanding.
The market is also glutted and I found potential clients to be annoyed at "yet another Aflac agent".
Yet they keep adding more agents to step on each other.
Not a positive experience
Excellent Career for Entreprenuer
Agent, CIT, DSC (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
This is an excellent opportunity for the motivated individual that is looking to get into the industry with a Top Rated carrier that provides excellent training and tools to succeed.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Aflac is great
Aflac Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2018
Aflac is great. I really believe in the company that I work for and what we do. I have a lot of respect for the product that we offer as well as the people that I work for
Great company and product
Aflac Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 12, 2018
This is a Commission position and you make it based on your desire to do the required things to succeed. These include contacting daily enough people to explain in detail the benefits of Aflac policies and then enrolling them. Management is good and there to help and it has a great workplace culture. Hardest part of job is one must be an extrovert and enjoy constantly meeting new people.
Pros
Great product and very helpful management
Cons
cold calling
Stressful but rewarding job
Agent (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 24, 2018
This is a job that is based on how much effort you are willing to put into your business. You make your hours and days you work. It is difficult in the beginning because it is only commission and building your book is difficult. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money but you will need to put in the work to get there.
Pros
Flexible, Your own business
Cons
Commission based, Cold Calling
I love my job and helping people and everything that Aflac stands for and behind
Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 22, 2018
I am loyal, trustworthy and dependable and I expect nothing less from the company I work for which Aflac does. You make your own schedule which is great but also remember that if you aren't working then you aren't making any money. You have to put in the time to see the results.
Pros
You work with people you want to work with
100% Commission
agent/Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 13, 2018
Cold calling and door knocking not my strength.Just not a sales person. too much pounding the Street. I did not like this job. the company is great as are the people and management staff.
Pros
great management and great people.
Cons
Sales
Poor manager
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 8, 2018
Some co workers are bad persons. There are envy and favoritism. No good comissions. Not good supervisi├│n. And other things that isn't well for nobody..
Just okay
Agent (Former Employee) –  Gates, NCFebruary 21, 2018
It does offer flexible hours, but the more you work the more you get paid.

Pay is commission based only.

you are pushed to sell as much as you can, and to anyone and everyone. Even though the company itself does not push for that.

It is very cut throat, some will steal your accounts that you are working on.
Pros
self employed
Cons
not very ethical (people not the company)
Competitive and Rewarding
AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Overall a great place to work: the earning potential is tremendous and they have a great training program.

The most difficult part of the job is the degree of cold-calling involved and the best part of the job is the confidence AFLAC offers with their products.
Pros
Commissions are generous.
Cons
A great deal of cold-calling.
Love working with people
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 11, 2018
I love working with Aflac. It is a team effort and my district manager taught me so much. I would recommend working for Aflac to everyone. It gives you also freedom and having a personal life.
Pros
love meeting new people
Cons
sometimes getting new businesses but the name sells its self
Agent (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It was definitely the best job I've had so far. Great team. Always trying to help and teach you to become your won boss. I definitely recommend the company.
door to door sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 24, 2018
this was a door to door sales job,was not hourly paid,only on commission,long day of walking and knocking on doors on a day to day bases regardless of the weather,ongonig traing every week,and out of town training every two months,your boss recived a part of your pay
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only paid commision
You work for yourself
Agent (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 21, 2018
Being an Aflac associate, I needed to use my car, phone, and purchase promotional items and food for clients. This is a 100% commission compensation job. If you are fortunate enough to land a client with over ten employees to participate, and do that every two weeks, you may be able to do this as a career. The regional manager is very friendly and goal oriented. The most difficult part of the job is driving around and walking in random business to find clients because they have all already had other Aflac agents call on them numerous times. I enjoyed the flexibility to work a short day when necessary.
Pros
Work for yourself, plan your own day, work from home sometimes
Cons
Long gaps between pay, no client base when starting, having to pay back commissions when policy holders drop coverage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.