Aflac Employee Reviews for Agent

Excellent Career for Entreprenuer
Agent, CIT, DSC (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2018
This is an excellent opportunity for the motivated individual that is looking to get into the industry with a Top Rated carrier that provides excellent training and tools to succeed.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Aflac is great
Aflac Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2018
Aflac is great. I really believe in the company that I work for and what we do. I have a lot of respect for the product that we offer as well as the people that I work for
Stressful but rewarding job
Agent (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 24, 2018
This is a job that is based on how much effort you are willing to put into your business. You make your hours and days you work. It is difficult in the beginning because it is only commission and building your book is difficult. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money but you will need to put in the work to get there.
Pros
Flexible, Your own business
Cons
Commission based, Cold Calling
I love my job and helping people and everything that Aflac stands for and behind
Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 22, 2018
I am loyal, trustworthy and dependable and I expect nothing less from the company I work for which Aflac does. You make your own schedule which is great but also remember that if you aren't working then you aren't making any money. You have to put in the time to see the results.
Pros
You work with people you want to work with
100% Commission
agent/Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 13, 2018
Cold calling and door knocking not my strength.Just not a sales person. too much pounding the Street. I did not like this job. the company is great as are the people and management staff.
Pros
great management and great people.
Cons
Sales
Poor manager
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 8, 2018
Some co workers are bad persons. There are envy and favoritism. No good comissions. Not good supervisi├│n. And other things that isn't well for nobody..
Just okay
Agent (Former Employee) –  Gates, NCFebruary 21, 2018
It does offer flexible hours, but the more you work the more you get paid.

Pay is commission based only.

you are pushed to sell as much as you can, and to anyone and everyone. Even though the company itself does not push for that.

It is very cut throat, some will steal your accounts that you are working on.
Pros
self employed
Cons
not very ethical (people not the company)
Competitive and Rewarding
AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Overall a great place to work: the earning potential is tremendous and they have a great training program.

The most difficult part of the job is the degree of cold-calling involved and the best part of the job is the confidence AFLAC offers with their products.
Pros
Commissions are generous.
Cons
A great deal of cold-calling.
Love working with people
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 11, 2018
I love working with Aflac. It is a team effort and my district manager taught me so much. I would recommend working for Aflac to everyone. It gives you also freedom and having a personal life.
Pros
love meeting new people
Cons
sometimes getting new businesses but the name sells its self
Agent (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It was definitely the best job I've had so far. Great team. Always trying to help and teach you to become your won boss. I definitely recommend the company.

Want to know more about Aflac?

Ask a question
door to door sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 24, 2018
this was a door to door sales job,was not hourly paid,only on commission,long day of walking and knocking on doors on a day to day bases regardless of the weather,ongonig traing every week,and out of town training every two months,your boss recived a part of your pay
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only paid commision
You work for yourself
Agent (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 21, 2018
Being an Aflac associate, I needed to use my car, phone, and purchase promotional items and food for clients. This is a 100% commission compensation job. If you are fortunate enough to land a client with over ten employees to participate, and do that every two weeks, you may be able to do this as a career. The regional manager is very friendly and goal oriented. The most difficult part of the job is driving around and walking in random business to find clients because they have all already had other Aflac agents call on them numerous times. I enjoyed the flexibility to work a short day when necessary.
Pros
Work for yourself, plan your own day, work from home sometimes
Cons
Long gaps between pay, no client base when starting, having to pay back commissions when policy holders drop coverage.
Really good company
agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN areaDecember 31, 2017
I called on businesses and provided really great products to fill in gaps their employees might have in their health care packages while saving the companies and the employees taxes by helping the companies implement section 125 plans for pre taxing benefits. It was a really good feeling to leave a business knowing you were helping their employees better take care of their families, that you were also helping a business add cash to their bottom lines, and at the same time, yes....I made a really nice income from the company.
Pros
Meeting and helping people.
Cons
None to really speak of that I can think of.
A typical day at work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaDecember 30, 2017
This job afforded great flexibility with work and home. A typical day started in the morning with checking your email and phone messages. Then you would check your calendar and see what time you had either a presentation or enrollment set for that day. If nothing on the docket, you would start cold calling or go to your manager's office for training. My day would be anywhere from 4 hours to 8 hours long, depending on what I decided to do for that day.
would not recommend
Agent (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 20, 2017
comission based job hard to find and close new accounts even with following their sales tactics, with zero help from your co workers or boss wasnt making as much money as was promised
Not a good salary
Life and Health Agent I (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2017
No salary unless you sell and even then it is unpredictable
Lots of work with little incentive, no real help in the field
poor management
low salary
People don't show up to meetings
Agent
Agent (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IADecember 11, 2017
Working with great people that are willing to working to help you work towards your goals.
It established your roll in the community as a independent agent.
Not a lot of communication with other employess's unless you needed assistance.
Life Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 5, 2017
Insurance Sales Agent working in a professional business-to- business sales environment selling supplemental benefits.
I solicit new business to increase volume, sell and execute promotions. Complete required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner maintaining legibility and detail.

For me the difficult part about the job was driving to business's trying to make appointments with owners/managers to dicuss supplemental benefits for their employee's, because I had a gas guzzler truck that used too much gasoline.

It was always difficult to find the owner of the business to schedule a time/day to discuss the business, you'll have to go back many times or call all the time to set appointments.
Pros
Freedom of time
Cons
They hire too many agents to solicit the business's. Massive overflow of agents.
Great product
Agent (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARNovember 1, 2017
Aflac offers a great product that can be so helpful to so many people. Sales is a tough business. Don't expect anyone to give you anything. Get everything in writing. Demand training as they are required to provide such. You must be a self starter and prepared to talk with a lot of people about touchy subjects - money & insurance
Pros
Great product
Cons
Too competitive, some only care about themselves
I was an Independent agent
Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 30, 2017
I worked semi-independently, I set my own schedule and created my own work zone. I managed my own time, took breaks when I needed and took time off when I needed.
Pros
I was my own boss
Cons
I worked on commission so the pay was not always great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.