Aflac Employee Reviews for Agent

Found 90 reviews matching the search See all 2,718 reviews
Not recommended, unless you are a true and very driven salesman/closer.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 23, 2019
Long hard work with very little return, poor management, lack of training and mentoring. Worst of all, they lie to you about the numbers needed to make a decent living.
Pito
Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 20, 2018
Get up every morning and be prepared for people to say yes or no. Once you have honed your skills and learn to love what you do the skies the limit. Unlimited income opportunities.
Pros
Unlimited incomes, stock bonuses, trips
Don't care if employees succeed
Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2018
They hire as many sales people as they can, don't pay them for training and don't pay their licensing, don't give them territories, and essentially flood the market with salespeople. Business becomes irritated because so many Aflac agents pester them per day. It's incredibly difficult to make money there unless you are a manager. I did, however, like my coworkers, and found it to be a fun, relaxed environment.
Pros
Fun corporate culture
Cons
They don't care if their employees make enough to live
Extremely stressful
Agent (Former Employee) –  Winona, MSOctober 16, 2018
Sales can be very stressful regardless. However, workimg in a rural area where there aren't many companies and yet many people competing to make sells means your chances and actually making a survivable living is very small. Comission based pay ad have to use your own resources from day one. If you're not making money but on the hunt daily and having to drive far places your resources tend to run out quickly.
I already had my insurance card when I worked there
Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 12, 2018
Aflac was not that bad to work for I still have Aflac stuffed animals that say Aflac. My manager was not bad he roped me into one day going to a coal company to sign up workers. That was about the only paycheck I got from them. They did make us go to Morgantown, WV to stay at a hotel for a sales meeting. I think I left them after that.
Secured my own leads
Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 23, 2018
Canvassed industrial parks, business offices. Met with owners in order to offer their employees benefits. No assigned territories. Other agents stole sales because of there being no assigned territories.
Sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 17, 2018
Hated Sales. Cold calling is hard in all sales jobs. I worked with a friend to help out but I hated the whole thing. Money is good if you can make the sales.
Pros
Money
Cons
Cold Calling
Typical day
Agent (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2018
A typical day here is burning your own gas riding around Louisiana praying and hoping someone opens an account with. If you don't open any accounts you don't get paid basically.
Cons
Commission only
Great people, but not enough compensation to live on.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 6, 2018
I put 43,000 miles on my vehicle in one year trying to make this job work. I went out every day making cold calls. I got stood up regularly for appointments with business owners. The market is extremely saturated for supplemental insurance and Aflac gives you no help with any book of business. I can confidently say I did everything I could to make this job work, but at the end of the day you have to be able to pay the bills.
Pros
Flexibility to make your own schedule
Cons
Saturated market with no base pay.
Wonderful Products
Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27858June 24, 2018
The company itself has wonderful products. As a sales rep, culture is very intense and demanding.
The market is also glutted and I found potential clients to be annoyed at "yet another Aflac agent".
Yet they keep adding more agents to step on each other.
Not a positive experience
Stressful but rewarding job
Agent (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 24, 2018
This is a job that is based on how much effort you are willing to put into your business. You make your hours and days you work. It is difficult in the beginning because it is only commission and building your book is difficult. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money but you will need to put in the work to get there.
Pros
Flexible, Your own business
Cons
Commission based, Cold Calling
I love my job and helping people and everything that Aflac stands for and behind
Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 22, 2018
I am loyal, trustworthy and dependable and I expect nothing less from the company I work for which Aflac does. You make your own schedule which is great but also remember that if you aren't working then you aren't making any money. You have to put in the time to see the results.
Pros
You work with people you want to work with
Poor manager
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 8, 2018
Some co workers are bad persons. There are envy and favoritism. No good comissions. Not good supervisión. And other things that isn't well for nobody..
Just okay
Agent (Former Employee) –  Gates, NCFebruary 21, 2018
It does offer flexible hours, but the more you work the more you get paid.

Pay is commission based only.

you are pushed to sell as much as you can, and to anyone and everyone. Even though the company itself does not push for that.

It is very cut throat, some will steal your accounts that you are working on.
Pros
self employed
Cons
not very ethical (people not the company)
Love working with people
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 11, 2018
I love working with Aflac. It is a team effort and my district manager taught me so much. I would recommend working for Aflac to everyone. It gives you also freedom and having a personal life.
Pros
love meeting new people
Cons
sometimes getting new businesses but the name sells its self
Agent (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It was definitely the best job I've had so far. Great team. Always trying to help and teach you to become your won boss. I definitely recommend the company.
door to door sales
Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 24, 2018
this was a door to door sales job,was not hourly paid,only on commission,long day of walking and knocking on doors on a day to day bases regardless of the weather,ongonig traing every week,and out of town training every two months,your boss recived a part of your pay
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
only paid commision
You work for yourself
Agent (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 21, 2018
Being an Aflac associate, I needed to use my car, phone, and purchase promotional items and food for clients. This is a 100% commission compensation job. If you are fortunate enough to land a client with over ten employees to participate, and do that every two weeks, you may be able to do this as a career. The regional manager is very friendly and goal oriented. The most difficult part of the job is driving around and walking in random business to find clients because they have all already had other Aflac agents call on them numerous times. I enjoyed the flexibility to work a short day when necessary.
Pros
Work for yourself, plan your own day, work from home sometimes
Cons
Long gaps between pay, no client base when starting, having to pay back commissions when policy holders drop coverage.
A typical day at work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaDecember 30, 2017
This job afforded great flexibility with work and home. A typical day started in the morning with checking your email and phone messages. Then you would check your calendar and see what time you had either a presentation or enrollment set for that day. If nothing on the docket, you would start cold calling or go to your manager's office for training. My day would be anywhere from 4 hours to 8 hours long, depending on what I decided to do for that day.
would not recommend
Agent (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 20, 2017
comission based job hard to find and close new accounts even with following their sales tactics, with zero help from your co workers or boss wasnt making as much money as was promised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.