Aflac Employee Reviews

Broke
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Brookville, PAAugust 17, 2018
Make sure you have another line of income because you will go broke working for them. You don't know when you will make any money. The management is useless and wants its agents to be cat fighting over accounts. Don't go for the bate... Unless your handed a book of business its not worth starving for years.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
commission only
A day at aflac
Agent / Producer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 16, 2018
Most day's and always on Monday's there was a Meeting with your Districtt Mgr. and your Team.

After that Meeting you were pretty much expected to be on the phone or hitting the streets, trying to set up meetings.

To me, the biggest problem with AFLAC is that each Manager has his own philosophy and if you don't get a "strong" Manager you are going to struggle a lot.
Great Experience
H.R / Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 16, 2018
The job itself was simple and easy. Relaxed office environment with relaxed working hours. Job was simple and required little time. Sometimes boring but Learned a lot
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
I learned how to take ownership of my territory. It taught me how to prospect smarter and how to make the most out of my day. The hardest part was commission only and charge backs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Charge backs
Policy Services
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 15, 2018
I was hired through a temp agency and employed over 1 year. By far this is the best company I've ever had the opportunity to work at. The work environment was so relaxed and exceptional pay.
Aflac is pretty much like other Insurance companies i've come across here in TN
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 15, 2018
I didn't really get a chance to get into that job i can explain if we speak or meet. This position didn't work out the way i expected it to go, so i can't be to specific.
My review summary
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLAugust 14, 2018
Aflac is a fun company to represent; as the unquestioned leader in it's space in the market, it is comforting knowing you represent the best. Self-paced work environment
Great company with great earning potential
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Great company with great earning potential. The culture is great and the CEO is caring about the company and all the people working within it. Aflac is second to none in its industry. Lots of training and support.
Pros
Work Life balance, unlimited earning potential, many bonuses and trips, and competitions.
Entrepreneurial Work Environment
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 10, 2018
If your are a motivated self-starter and have a true entrepreneurial mindset are willing to invest in yourself and your career and only make $35 - 30 k the first year then AFLAC would be a good fit for you. Keep in the the prato principle or the 90 - 10 rule - where 10% of all new recruits at aflac succeed and 90% fail. If you are a winner and can make cold calls on phone and in person to local business and if you can close for an appointment with business owners you will succeed and have a wonderful career in insurance. The first year is always the most difficult.
Pros
Flexible hours and freedom working as an Entrepreneur
Cons
Commission only outside sales position with focus on cold calling and appointment setting
Ok for commission
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2018
Commission based company, have to start your own groups, outside sales, be agressive, some training, no health insurance, does have investment account for employees
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Have to be agressive outside sales
Very productive and fun work place
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 9, 2018
I love this company they treat their employees very well, great benefits and more. They provide on the job training, you can work from home and room for advancement.
Pros
On-site gym
Opinion
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 8, 2018
Achieve results at all cost s is not a way that i believe my training and licenses should be used in a way to produce results ...management constantly telling you one minute your great the next day when your sales are off your horrible......strange
Spoke with potential clients seeking supplemental insurance. Assisted policy holders with question, other policies, or claims.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71106August 7, 2018
Go out to businesses to offer AFLAC. Set up enrollments for business. Assist policy holders with claims.
Learned how the policies work.
Management was very helpful.
Very relaxed environment.
Hardest part is not getting the businesses to participate and if you can't write policies then you can't get paid.
Enjoyed meeting people.
Pros
Tell the policy holder they are going to receive money for their claim.
Cons
Being paid on commission.
Productive, fast paced, work environment
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
Aflac has such a family oriented culture, they are the greatest company to work for. I reccommend them to anyone. You have a flexible work schedule, and an uncapped commission structure.
None (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 7, 2018
The balance or work and life can be difficult of non-existent if the position deals with enrollment or implementation. Better opportunity for growth in other locations.
Intership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 6, 2018
Was a great internship to be apart of. Was able to get first real experience in a business setting and began to develop skills in cold calling and sales.
Strong Company
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 6, 2018
Enjoyed my co-workers, working with different departments. Enjoyed the nature of my job and enjoyed working for this company. Lots of variety and diversity.
contract work
Freelance Design Work (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 6, 2018
Worked with Aflac on contract to do some design pieces. Enjoyed working with the manager I worked with. He was very friendly and easy to get a hold of with any questions.
Must be self starter and very motivated to succeed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed my years at Aflac. The products are excellent. The training was good. I didn't care to travel to South Dakota for meetings. I was very self motivated and had great contacts that helped me be successful right away.
Pros
Unlimited income
Cons
no income
I enjoy working for aflac
Aflac Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 5, 2018
i currently work for aflac and I enjoy it. I love how I get to make my own hours and the people that have helped me that work with aflac are very nice .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.