Aflac Employee Reviews

You own your own business
Sales Agent - Certified Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
AFLAC is the type of job where you make your own ours and reap what you sew. Depending on your work ethic, and especially your personality, the job could go either way.
Pros
You make your own hours
Cons
It's hard to leave the job
Great secondary income.
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 16, 2017
Saturation levels are too high for this to be a lucrative income unless you become a district or above coordinator. It's not a 9 to 5 job. Need to persevere for several years to have a good residual income. I recommend if it's additional retirement or secondary income. Great fun meeting people and helping protect families.
Pros
meeting and helping families/people
Cons
long and a lot of off time hours
great work place
Insurance Agent/Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJOctober 16, 2017
Get in have a meeting with district managers.
how to prospect new business, how to present policy and services.
the management was very helpful in goal setting in your career.
the culture was great.
Just getting on track for getting commissions, but once on the sky was the limit. Just being out and about and meeting new people.
Highly recommend Aflac
MDM Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 15, 2017
"contractor" while at Aflac.

I also was asked to relocate to Columbus, Ga there The culture & people were great
I felt Columbus was too slow a pace
Pros
Awesome People, not cut throat at all, decent folks
Cons
no cons, people were awesome and decent
Excellent Team Spirit
Benefits Analyst, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance (Current Employee) –  14 Wall Street, NYCOctober 15, 2017
A new recruit is required to make 300 phone calls a day to small business owners, follow up with companies where presentations have already been made and attend sales training sessions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is experiencing the assistance of colleagues and fellow team members. There are lots of dedicated people who really want to help you succeed.

The hardest part of the job is breaking down the resistance of employers to giving AFLAC agents permission to meet their employees and do a sales presentation.
Tough to get started and slow going.
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLOctober 14, 2017
In all honesty it could be me, but it was just to slow to get going with the licensing and the introduction and training to start getting paid if you do get anything in the first month working. I’m not overly aggressive when it comes to sales. I poke and ask questions but I’m not in people’s face like “buy my stuff it’s great!” Again it could be me but its definitely not a job for everyone and have some money saved up before starting this job.
Pros
Premo schedule as you set your own
Cons
No sale no money and everything is on you dime when it comes to travel and licensing.
Educational
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CAOctober 14, 2017
The team worked well for a bit but the constant turnover of the employees gets to be wearing on a person's soul. Great job for a self motivated individual who doesn't care much about team work.
Fun Place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 13, 2017
I opened and closed the office for multiple different job types and personalities. I enjoy working with all types of individuals. I can have an interesting conversation with highly educated person as well as someone with lower educational background
Pros
work with many people from many walks of live
Cons
hostile employees at times
Each day is a totally different day meeting clients.
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasOctober 12, 2017
Enjoyed helping people with choosing the right Aflac product for their need and budget. This company allows you the opportunity to grow according to your goals.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No major medical insurance offered
Must have great work ethic
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2017
The job is what you make since you are self-employed. The more customers you find who agree to your services, the more your compensation......................

Want to know more about Aflac?

Ask a question
The people I worked with were great but the company not so much
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 11, 2017
It was not what it was sold to be. I had trouble with my commissions and benefits. Money would be taken from me without proper explanation as to why. When you are commission only that matters.
Challenging
Independent Insurance Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 11, 2017
Challenging, face to face sales but it is not for shy people or for people expecting a base salary. It is a commission only job that can be financially good if the needed sales quotas are meet.
Pros
Good people
Good Company
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 11, 2017
Aflac is a great company everyone is a team player and wants to help people. The reason i want a change is due to no job security and i have zero benefits. Also just for me personally i dont fully enjoy being and insurance agent.
Aflac is a great place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXOctober 6, 2017
I really liked the Aflac culture. I would recommend anyone who wants to be there own boss and can persevere and learn everyday should check out Aflac.
Aflac is a good company, it offers great products. The problem is that clients cancel their polizas at any time.
Life and Health Insurance Agent. (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 5, 2017
Aflac is as good company, and it offers great products. The problem is that the clients cancel their insurances at any time, then you are obligated to return the many back to the company.
Pros
Aflac offers great products..
Cons
Earnings are never secured.
Overall good company
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 3, 2017
Overall, this was a good company to work for. the work days can be a little stressful and there is little advancement outside of the call center. this was one of the major pain points.
Treat you like family
Administrative Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2017
They are friendly and caring. They help each other as needed. I liked working for them. However, the position I cover, it is temporary with no sign of permanent.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Take them a long time to hire perm
Commission sales
District Sales Coordinator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 3, 2017
I worked with AFLAC, selling employee benefits to small businesses. I enjoyed the work ... straight commission sales. Met business owners, and offered supplemental insurance to their employees
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Straight commission
Typical Commission Job
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2017
The job is your typical commission job. They hire a lot of people and basically see who will cut it and who won't. They are more diligent in the hiring process though to try and hire more people that are an actual fit.

Management has had a history of each different one giving different direction which makes it difficult to know what is needed to be successful.
Aflac Agent
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NCOctober 3, 2017
As a agent this job gives me the time to manage my own day. I've learned how to sale insurance. The workplace is very calm. They treat each person as if you are special.
Pros
freedom
Cons
slows down when your leads dry up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aflac. Our community is ready to answer.